[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bangkok luxury stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hi there trv

Im going to Thailand soon and during my stay I plan to spend 2nights in a bit better hotel.

I cant decide which to choose im considering these two:

Sheraton Orchid

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/royal-orchid-sheraton-and-towers.en-gb.html?label=gen173nr-1DCAso3QFCIHJveWFsLW9yY2hpZC1zaGVyYXRvbi1hbmQtdG93ZXJzSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQGYAS64AQbIARXYAQPoAQH4AQKSAgF5qAID;sid=673b36b16493c9f54dd9deaf2cc3386e;dcid=1;dist=0&sb_price_type=total&type=total&

Banyan tree bkk

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/banyan-tree-bangkok.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQGYAS64AQbIARXYAQHoAQH4AQuoAgM;sid=28a2362ffa2980bf84dbec161c40a6fc;dcid=4;checkin=2016-08-08;checkout=2016-08-10;ucfs=1;highlighted_blocks=4624504_88871428_0_0_0;all_sr_blocks=4624504_88871428_0_0_0;room1=A,A;hpos=11;dest_type=city;dest_id=-3414440;srfid=ef2fa2de1291406584d1114df7f0d1bbee8f50bdX11;highlight_room=

During these 2 days i will mostly go for shopping and cant decide if its better to stay at riverside or in Sukhumvit area

All advice appreciated, any other reccomendations regarding hotels too.
>>
>>1139804
Do the hotel from the Hangover
>>
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. The one and only hotel I always stay at. Not the same Sheraton you listed.
>>
>>1139806
A bit too far away but damn tempting lol

>>1139842
i saw this one, unfortunately tahts too much for my budged
>>
>>1139804
Honestly both are great. I'd choose which ever one includes breakfast.
>>
Sukhumvit is better for shopping. If you mean you wanna shop in the malls and that kinda thing you'll be moving in the Siam/Chit Lom area a lot.
>>
>>1139804
I've stayed in both of these. I'd say that the Banyan Tree is a bit slicker (spa is particularly good, and everyone likes the over-the-top rooftop restaurants and bar) but the location isn't great--South Sathorn is a large, ugly four-lane street, feels like walking along a highway (although they run shuttles to the Skytrain, so you might never walk).
>>
>>1140170
Both include your standard luxury-hotel buffet breakfast. Can't remember the last time I stayed somewhere relatively fancy in Asia that didn't.
>>
>>1139804
anyone know a good place in bangkok to get a suit taylored?
going in there in 5 days
>>
>>1140193
None of the 24-hours-5-free-shirts places that tout along Sukhumvit are all that good, but they are inexpensive and quick. It's not real bespoke tailoring; they're just altering cheap off-the-rack suits from China and Vietnam in the back.

Anywhere an Indian (on Sukhumvit; in Banglamphu or around Khao San they're mostly Nepali) dude grabs you off the sidewalk and drags you into his shop will be similar, basically. Probably OK, rarely excellent, rarely garbage that falls apart the first time you get it pressed. I got one of those cheap deals somewhere in the Sukhumvit 20s, and don't regret it, but they were pretty cheap suits that started to look like it after a while. Just pick one with good samples and cross your fingers.

Real, custom-made tailoring takes at least a week or two, requires several visits, and costs a lot-less than you'd pay in London, but a lot more than an off-the-rack suit from a US department store. I liked Azzurro, also on Sukhumvit (soi 18, maybe?). They offer both custom stuff and well-altered, high-quality off the rack suits that are a bit cheaper than at home.
>>
>>1140193
Rama's tailor, Nana, very near the BTS, has lasted me at work for a few months, no signs of stopping down.
I would go fot the places that don't hunt you down, but rather has dozens of people coming into theirs.
>>
>>1140259
>>1140211
thanks, Ill be sure to check those out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.