[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Budapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 108367.jpg (199KB, 977x550px) Image search: [Google]
108367.jpg
199KB, 977x550px
I'm going to visit Budapest in the end of September. Is there any Hungarian who can recommend me some nice places to see?
>>
I'm also interested and any tips for travel (best tickets for public transport? are cab fares reasonable?) etc would be appreciated.
>>
>>1139551
>I'm going to visit Budapest in the end of September. Is there any Hungarian who can recommend me some nice places to see?
Year before last, I went to the Budapest Wine Festival (Borzfesztival) inside the Castle Grounds in Buda, which I swore was such a nice time I was going to return every single damn year to go to it.
It was freaking lovely under the stars in the dramatically lit grounds, with breezes and a view of the water and city below. I spent the whole time with a trio of terrific locals I met in a queue at the langos booth (hungarian street food, fried dough), something I needed not to get so drunk. You carry your wine glass around your neck. The best traditional musicians in the country were there, jammin accordians and violins, as well as all the terrific wineries in the country (like 200?) with samples. There was like a $6 ticket for 15 samples, but for locals the whole thing is quite expensive, so you'll be rubbing elbows with some of the jetset and should dress nicely. September 8 - September 12 Buda Castle terrace is this years date, hope that is when you might be there (if not change your flights, seriously!).
Within Buda, gotta recommend a stay or walkthrough the ruins inside the Hilton (like nowhere else in the world). There's a nice restaurant across the street that has a historical instrument, a cimbalom type of harpsichord that evening musicians play. Sorry can't remember the name, but when you walk along the bastion, just look in the door of each, and you'll see it just inside. Good soup there. Also in Buda, and not to be missed (open at night too) is the Hospital in the Rock, a literal time capsule of medical care in an underground war bunker built in connecting series of caves under businesses. It has pre and post soviet relics, all just as the military left it when it was sealed up. Medical devices in cases and uniformed wax figures to show what each room was used for (swear I saw Abe Lincoln in there).
>>
>>1140083
>I'm also interested and any tips for travel (best tickets for public transport? are cab fares reasonable?) etc would be appreciated.
For safety's sake to avoid the sleaziest of crime against tourists, from the train station and airport both, I would recommend a taxi driver connected to your hotel. Prearrange transport.
After that, unless it's late night, within the city, public transport buses are fine, and the ancient metro is quite historic (worth seeing) and useful up and down Andrassy Av which is utterly walkable between Terror House Museum and the Szechenyi park baths. Do both of those, allowing 4 hours for each. Don't rush them.

Budapest has a WW1-WW2 "coffeehouse" history, such as Gerbeard, much as Vienna has its Sperl, so you should highlight them on your maps and stop into them for the lovely frescos and signature pastries (and chocolate) as well as the coffee break.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.