[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cancelling Trip to Nice:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

So guys, I booked a trip to Nice at the start of July with my family; I actually was looking forward to it by researching all the areas to visit and what to do. I never felt more excited to go on a trip..... and then I saw the attacks yesterday.

My only question is should I ever bother going now that the mood will probably be ruined? I know my chances of dying in a terrorist attack are so I'm not really concerned but my god, how can you anyone enjoy a holiday after such an atrocity?
>>
>>1139122
getting to france, monaco, and italy in one trip? just go
>>
>>1139123

Will taking pictures be frowned upon?
>>
>>1139125
haven't gone; my mom goes every few years and takes pictures every time; it's a vacation town dude
>>
I'm going to go against the echo chamber here and say that yes, taking smiling selfies for your Facebook will be frowned upon. The locals may not directly say anything to you but they will be silently judging you, shake their heads, and move on. Imagine if hordes of tourists descended upon Lower Manhattan to take happy, carefree photos in the aftermath of the Sept 11th attacks. Try to enjoy your trip but keep it low key and respectful.
>>
>>1139122
Nice is a good city to use as a base to know all main cities in French Riviera.
I think it will be save as it never was, but if you are not really in the mood, try Cinque Terre instead (and skip Genoa)
>>
Local here. Literally don't bother with the Riviera this time of year. Its fucking boiling hot and full of English. Do something worthwhile, skip nice, hire a car and go camping in the mercantour national park. See some wolves, go hiking, swim in mountain streams, see actual French people and don't pay 20 euro for fucking pasta.
>>
>>1139122
Ehh, he was a lone gunman, I'm sure. I would still go if the airfares are booked. The town might be solemn and not so festive, but you can always head up and down the coast a bit once you arrive. Change the hotel reservations to get out of the main drag after you recover from your jet lag. I would _assume_ that businesses that rely on tourist monies would be grateful that you still visited.
>>
>>1139122
>cancelling

Why? Doesn't the face that it just happened make statistically less likely to happen again soon?
>>
>>1139280
yes
but op is likely american which means he's retarded
>>
>>1139280
Yes that's why whenever a terrorist attack occurs I immediately book a trip to that location because I assume the terrorists could only bother to plan one at that time.
>>
>>1139293

Assuming there's truth in your statement, wouldn't people mourning kind of ruin the holiday? I mean that's why I'm unsure. I want to go on a trip and see people smiling and enjoying warm weather. I don't want to see gloomy faces. I already live in a shit-tier Western European country with crappy weather (rain almost every day)
>>
if you live in fear you let the terrorists win and they will continue to attack

pretend like it never happened
>>
>>1139283
was in brussels straight after they blew up the airport

no fucks given beyond having to make a 15 hour, 7 connection train ride from antwerp to munich instead of a cheap easy flight

parhaat terveiset yank
>>
>>1139294
I don't think people on the streets would be smiling and jovial on any given day anyway. Enjoy the people you came with, as with any other vacation. I can see how you might be sensitive to what went on as a nice quality in yourself, but I assure you as someone who lived through 9/11 and other crap, most people who are personally affected will carry on and not even be there. This was an international incident. Being there and not being there are the same thing in this instance. Everyone actually has full empathy, in a real manner. So, it won't matter if you are there or not. I would avoid asking people in hotel lobbies or restaurants nosy morbid questions, of course.

If I were faced with cancelling my trip and the only thing paid was my airfare, I would do like another person said and move up the coast a bit after landing. Try Monaco or Italy, or get all the way over past Cannes. Maybe it won't feel so UNFESTIVE to you to be in a different town.
>>
>>1139294
>Assuming there's truth in your statement
I literally just did this. I guess I can see how my post could be perceived as a joke but is it really that unbelievable? I was kinda wondering if anyone else did this too. I guess probably not.

>wouldn't people mourning kind of ruin the holiday?

How? It's not like they won't rent out hotels just because some people got killed, they still have to make money from work etc.

Also there may be less people at the beach is everyone is at home crying.
>>
>>1139304
>How? It's not like they won't rent out hotels just because some people got killed, they still have to make money from work etc.
Look, this would make sense in anywhere else than Nice, but the whole of Nice's focus is the ocean, and that 4km of a walking promenade, 2km of which is now this horrific bloody crime scene now. I can see OPs point, where you can't really get past the mental picture of walking on pavement they washed of blood just like yesterday anytime you walk to dine or swim. It's tainted. It's not like visiting Paris where you have millions of intersections, neighborhoods and sights to get immersed in and forget.

However, just get out of Nice once you land. Did you pre-pay a rental on a condo or something?
>>
>>1139311
>Did you pre-pay a rental on a condo or something?
No not yet, just bought a flight. They offered a bundle but I travel alone and thought it would be cool to just see what was open.
>>
I'm going to Nice next weekend. I had it booked just before the attack. No fucks given. If anything, I want to support Nice by going there and spending even more of my tourist euros than before.

If you cancel your trip, you're a chickenshit pussy and should shoot yourself. You let the terrorists win.
>>
Most anons here say I should go. I really am excited and now I definitiely won't cancel. Fuck the cancer that is radical Islam. I won't cower into idiots trying to destroy the idyllic culture of mainland Europe.
>>
>>1139326
When are you going?

>Select all images with commercial trucks
Too soon.
>>
>>1139327
I'm going on the 23 of July. Staying for a week.
>>
>>1139138
That's bullshit.
Here in Israel we take selfies with Iron dome interceptions in the background.
>>
>>1139353
And take a sofa on a hill and watch Gaza being bombed for entertainment while drinking beer.
>>
>>1139296

>if you live in fear you let the terrorists win

hahahahaha

I thought they won when they shot you and you are dead and no longer alive you dirty kuffar
>>
>>1139352
Hah, I'm there as well on July 23. Would invite you out for beers if I was by myself but I'm there with a girl and will spend all my time with her.
>>
>>1139327
Proper kek
>>
>>1139304
>but is it really that unbelievable? I was kinda wondering if anyone else did this too. I guess probably not.
I went to Mexico City on the first Pan Am flight to fly in after the 1985 magnitude 8.1 quake. My family were frequent weekend visitors, and I admit I wanted to see the damage as much as they did. And, it was incredible. Parking garages collapsed like a stack of pancakes, crushed cars peeking out the sides. Thousands of people in tents in store parking lots everywhere. And, buildings I've been in, hotels I've stayed in, cracked and collapsed. Places I had trusted. Every building you'd go in had deep cracks in the plaster and walls not repaired yet.
No tourists. Hotel was very happy to have guests! It was surreal. I've since lived through post Hurricane disasters where I went on vacation anyway, where all the cars that are driveable have potholes of missing paint like someone used it for target practice (roof tiles damage, branches etc), and seen what forest wild fires can do to neighborhoods sparing some houses mysteriously, as well as mudslides and rock slides. Ice storms can wreck a city to. But, you never forget the first disaster travel experience.
My worst was probably the St Thomas/St John experience post-Hugo, kind of a place that was always nice and safe, now with scary locals that followed you instead. Post storm they had military required to break up unrest. A lot of wealthy people never went back. Ever. I'd still say it isn't what it used to be. After a year ago, with nearly no tourists still (just wasn't really enough repaired hotels yet), it felt like being sized up once the ferry landed St John, and you were the only meal ticket for the day for the criminals. :(
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.