[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dach General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: download.png (5KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 219x230px
Questions related to the German-speaking countries here
>>
>>1139021
I plan to visit Munich and Innsbruck in September and I have a week to do so. My questions are:
- How many days should I dedicate to each place? (keeping in mind I'd like to do some hiking near Innbruck)
- Are there any day-trips worth doing from both cities?
>>
Currently in Copenhagen, moving on to Germany in a couple of days, before heading further East, I'm unsure how much time I'll spend there and where to go though. Is Hamburg all right or should I skip it and head to Berlin (or somewhere else?) pretty clueless about Germany desu
>>
>>1139021
Schloss Neuschwanstein is in between of these 2 cities
one of the best castles in europe
>>
>>1139313
5/2 I think. A nice of day of hiking and one to visit the city.
>>1139334
Hamburg is nice and worth a visit. As a bavarian i naturally hate Berlin and think its a corrupt shithole but tourists like it.
Both are all right for you, I guess.
>>1139345
Meh
Neuschwanstein is a cheap tourist trap and there is nothing to do except for looking at Asians marrying. Hiking is nice in the region of course but the castle is mainly for nice pictures and not for an actual visit.
>>
I have an incredibly romanticized idea of Vienna, the way some might think of Paris, because of the pre-WWI intellectual culture. Is it the best german speaking city?
>>
File: 20140715_141829.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140715_141829.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>1140094
>Is it the best german speaking city?
>german speaking
I hope you like the sound of Yugoslavian and Turkish. Besides, the German that is spoken in Vienna is so far stretched from the German spoken in Germany that I wouldn't even call it German anymore.
>>
>>1139021
visit Lübeck.
>>
>>1139021
Is there a good public transportation 'card' in Berlin like the oyster card in london, or is it not a good idea to take buses and stuff in Berlin?
How are the clubs? I've lurked for a bit here and Berghain sounds like such a weird, hipster clusterfuck. I still want to go, but it sounds pretty weird with the rules and why they won't let you inside.
Is checkpoint Charlie completely worthless or still worth a glance up close? The whole DDR thing was badmouthed as well, why? What about the zoo? Any zoophiles [ ^^' ] knowing if it as special as some people make it out to be?
>>
>>1139540
>5/2 I think. A nice of day of hiking and one to visit the city.
Thanks, but aren't 5 days too much for a single city? Or does Munich have enough to offer for such period of time?
>>
How exactly do you get to the castles in the Rhine Valley without a car? Is there public transportation that runs between all the castles?
>>
>>1139313
>- How many days should I dedicate to each place? (keeping in mind I'd like to do some hiking near Innbruck)
If you want to hike (multiday even), I'd put more emphasis on Innsbruck and its surroundings. If you are more into cities and museums and such, then I'd emphasize munich.
>- Are there any day-trips worth doing from both cities?
From Munich, you could "do" Augsburg. worth it if you are into history. check out the Fuggerei (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuggerei) and learn about Fucker, err… Fugger. Other than that, I'd head to the alps from munich, but that is also easily done from Innsbruck. Maybe do a stop in Garmisch, and check out the Zugspitze? I'm not a fan of commercialized mountains, but that thing is kinda worth seeing, esepcially if you are into tech and trains. Speaking of which: If you go to Innsbruck from Munich, take the slow train via Garmisch. The stretch from Garmisch to Innsbruck is just fantastic!

>>1140094
>Is it the best german speaking city?
The answer to that will depend on whom you ask. It's certainly nice enough, and it's the 2nd biggest german speaking city, so there is certainly plenty to see and do, no matter what you are into.

>>1140098
>the German that is spoken in Vienna is so far stretched from the German spoken in Germany that I wouldn't even call it German anymore.
Well, that's just like, your opinion, man!
It really depends on what you are used to. For me (southwest Germany), Viennese (or any Austrian for that matter) sounds much more normal, correct and understandable than anything that is spoken north of the river Main.
Plus, 99% of Vienna speaks a very moderate dialect nowadays, that is close enough to German-German anyways.

>>1140296
>or is it not a good idea to take buses and stuff in Berlin?
what do you mean? Price wise, or safety wise? Its shitty (because berlin), but it works.

>>1140340
There is transport between the towns, but you probably have to walk up to the castles.
>>
>>1140465
>Well, that's just like, your opinion, man!
I'm from Hamburg so there's your answer.
>>
for music, pubs, and nightlife, what are the best german speaking cities to move to?
>>
>>1140749
Berlin/Hamburg
>>
>>1140801
i've been to berlin before
why hamburg?
>>
>>1140965
Reeperbahn
>>
>>1140965
Next biggest city. Lots of brothels, clubs, nightlife activities, etc.
Reeperbahn is also worth a visit even though it isnt what it used to be I heard.
>>
>>1140094
It's too big to be the nicest.

>>1140340
Choose ones in towns with train stations, then walk. You could also rent a bicycle.
>>
>>1139021
>ch for confoderatio Helvetica
Okay
>a for austria
Okay
>germany is D
Pfft, it's DE, you retard not D
>>
>>1141583
nope.
>https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-A-CH
And besides the obvious wikipedia quote, D, A and CH are the official country labels you have on your cars, so its not even invented shorthands.

And dont start with
>b-b-but muh tld!!!
Then it would be deatch, since A is .at
>>
>>1139021
As an English speaker with minimal Hochdeutsch, how much will I miss out on in daily life in Basel? I know all Swiss people also speak high German, and most speak English, but friends tell me that the majority of conversations on the streets, in the bars, etc. are in Baslerdüütsch.
>>
>>1141616
I never heard dach my whole life and I'm swiss, so go fuck yourselves, fag.
>inb4 Wikipedia
Yeah, fucking Wikipedia, fuck Wikipedia.
>>
>>1141619
>I know all Swiss people also speak high German,
Who told you that?
Some self-absorbed, cocky dumbass who probably also thinks that Swiss are known for being good workers (lol, just saying znüni und zvieri pause), being kind(only to their own kind and not even necessarily that) and their smarts (that's why a shitton German doctors come working here,right?)
> and most speak English,
Also not true, a lot of people can speak it( (bad to decent skill levels at best), because it's mandatory in school, but not all Americans speak Spanish even though they had that in school.
> but friends tell me that the majority of conversations on the streets, in the bars, etc. are in Baslerdüütsch.
That is true and most people try to talk high German, but are talking a fucked up version of it. How can I explain that?

That version of 'high German' is so bad, that if you happen to watch German TV and a Swiss guy is using his variant of 'high German' the German network will put on subtitles.
I'm not trying to scare you, basel is one of the biggest cities in ch and pretty international.
Any group of people will hopefully have somebody that can hold a conversation with you, staff and such in shops, stores, restaurant clubs will understand you too.
Was just blowing some steam off, because of vain and smug Swiss people.
>>
>>1141637
>I never heard dach my whole life and I'm swiss, so go fuck yourselves, fag.
I'm German and Austrian, and its widely used here. How about you leave your fuckin tiny valley for once, and see some more of the world?
And I tried fucking myself once, but I realized two things: While very long, my dick is not long enough to reach my own asshole, and I'm actually not into anal anyways, so I gave up and simply fucked your mum. Old, ugly women that tell me to stop in Schwyzerdütsch are a huge turnon for me!
>>
>>1141662
>While very long, my dick is not long enough to reach my own asshole,
funny, why you bragging about your 10 inch pencil dick, faggot?
>and I'm actually not into anal anyways,
That's not what your trans father and paraplegic mother told me when I let them eat my shit for dinner yesterday
>so I gave up and simply fucked your mum. Old, ugly women that tell me to stop in Schwyzerdütsch are a huge turnon for me!
She dead though, good for you, you necrophiliac

>>1141662
This never came up in any conversation I had with dozens of austrians, Germans and hundreds of Swiss people I had over the years. You US-loving mongs are copying everthing from the US, but there is no need to abbreviate everything like they do. People just say 'deutschsprachige Länder' or talk about each country individually. What besides the language do those countries have in common anyway, you retarded shiteating abortion?
Redest du über die drei Länder ständig in einem Atemzug oder was willste mir hier verzapfen, du Vollspasst?
Und es heisst nicht Schwyzerdütsch, du Drogenopfer.
>>
>>1139021
Did you really gas the Jews?
>>
>>1141619
I've been to Basel several times, and never had a problem. German is my second language, and I'm not even totally fluent. I was always able to manage. They do speak with a dialect, but I don't find it that strong and they will notice you're not a local and speak more standard German. They're used to Germanfag wetbacks coming and stealing jobs.

If you don't even speak German, then they'll switch to English (as best they can). I wouldn't really worry.

>>1141642
Most people are idiots. I'm an Ausländer, and with a smidgeon of effort, you can decipher the Swiss accent just fine. The only problem for me is when they use odd dialect vocabulary.

>>1141738
Only some were gassed. Many got bullets or diseases and exhaustion. And Gypsies, queers, commies, and Jehovah's Witnesses got the same.
>>
File: 1435850136437.jpg (129KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1435850136437.jpg
129KB, 700x913px
>>1141735
Ich finds witzig wie du hier abgehst…

But anyways: The next time you go shopping to germany, because your own country is too expensive, check the licence plates of the cars in Germany to see if there is a D or a DE on them.
And I dont think that this has something to do with
>You US-loving mongs are copying everthing from the US
but if it has, I'd genuinely like to know!

>This never came up in any conversation I had with dozens of austrians, Germans and hundreds of Swiss people
Where did I say anything about conversations? Do you know about written words?
Even your fucking government uses it.
Just check out the results from
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22d-a-ch%22+site%3Aadmin.ch
>>
>>1141799
Pfft, du fängst an mit der assi nummer(deine mutter etc., mein kommentar betreffend deiner behinderung hat dich anscheinend zum heulen gebracht)du opfer. Penner wie du sind erbärmlich.
Austeilen aber nicht einstecken können.
>ne hohle seite die kein normaler mensch braucht is von relevanz
Willste bezug zu meine aussagen nehmen oder dir noch ein tieferes grab schaufeln?
Auch ne typische taktik von schwachmaten wie dir
>what has this to do do anything
Sich noch dümmer zu stellen als du schon bist is anscheinend möglich, dachte noch bescheuerter geht es gar nicht.
Du bist anscheinend der paragraphenreiter vom dienst wenn leute eine bekackte abkürzung nicht so wie du anbeten, googlen wie man Schweizerdeutsch schreibt, kannste jedoch nicht mit deinen 2 murmeln in deiner hohlen birne

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Schwyzerd%C3%BC%C3%BCtsch
>>
File: 1393105587961.png (108KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1393105587961.png
108KB, 256x256px
>>1141799
>>1142042
Turboautisten verpisst euch.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.