[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm heading to Switzerland for a couple of days for work,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: switzerland-guns.jpg (46KB, 480x291px) Image search: [Google]
switzerland-guns.jpg
46KB, 480x291px
I'm heading to Switzerland for a couple of days for work, specifically Basel and Zurich.

I want drink well and eat cheaply. Any advice?
>>
Holy shit Switzerland is expensive as hell. Buy everything from Migros or the Coop. I went to subway and spent literally double for what I'd pay here. The prices are doubled than what you'd find in Germany or Austria in my experience at least.

Try to make a day trip to see Lucerne, it is a beautiful city.
>>
>>1138942
>I want drink well and eat cheaply. Any advice?
Switzerland is expensive.
From Basel you can go quickly to Colmar in France https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Colmar
or Freiburg in Germany. https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Freiburg

There you would eat and drink better and cheaper.
>>
>>1138942
If your most important goal is to spend little you won't be able to eat on the streets or restaurants. A kebab is already 8 Euro and this is considered cheap for a meal. Migros and Coop offer food but only if you cook yourself or make sandwiches (without meat). You could easily spend 8 Euro on food in Coop or Migros as well though. Maybe go somewhere anon.
>>
>>1138942
eat cheaply, not going to happen as the other anons said. If you eat out expect to pay at 20-30 CHF for a main dish and a water or beer.

>Drink well..
Basel and Zurich have a Paddy Reilly’s Irish Pub, good drinks, comfy and at least the one in Zurich (Talstrasse 82) is full of expats and bankers.
Friday and Saturday night they usually get turned into a improvised club at around 22:30 so if you got some game it's easy to pick up chicks there.

Else tell me what you like and I come up with a list.
>>
Are hostels the cheapest options? Or are there any low cost hotel or something like that?
I want to visit Switzerland to see a few stuff and I reckon I can see everything I want in like two or three days, yet I'd like to minimize my expenses.
>>
>>1139034
Hostels or Ibis hotels are usually the cheapest option. Just as a note even Hostels are expensive in Switzerland.
>>
>>1139035
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything SEA levels of cheap but well, one can hope in being able to cut some expenses here and there.
Do Ibis hotels there have cheaper fares in certain days of the week?
>>
>>1139062
>Do Ibis hotels there have cheaper fares in certain days of the week?
Just check the prices in whatever town you are visiting, dude.

You can do the same thing with checking menus at restaurants from home too. Go to their website.

Switzerland, Austria are pricey, but you can save money by dining off the centre of town/tourist areas, and ordering local cuisine.
>>
>>1139062
I know a dude from germany who couchsurfed a bunch in CH, so you could potentially safe money there if you're lucky and feel adventurous.
Depending on how long you're there it's possible to do an hour of work or something to get a meal from a farmer. You need a shitton of luck with that though, I did that a bunch here, but I'm Swiss... most people are racists at heart and farmers even moreso even if they have never interacted with a foreigner
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.