[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a road trip to Colorado to explore a good amount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mytrip.jpg (62KB, 504x520px) Image search: [Google]
mytrip.jpg
62KB, 504x520px
I'm going on a road trip to Colorado to explore a good amount of it.

I've never left south FL and want to see more cities and terrain and people than the flat swampland this is.

Renting a car in Miami then going to Orlando to go to Kennedy Space Center the next day to see a rocket launch.

Then from there going to St. Augustine -> Atlanta -> Chattanooga,TN -> Nashville -> Memphis -> Little Rock -> Fort Smith, AR -> Oklahoma City -> Albuquerque -> Four corners then enter Colorado.

Reason for this post is if anyone can recommend any places or things to see on my route that either in the cities I have planned or along the way.

Also any tips for traveling alone? This is my first time doing anything like this but I feel capable.
>>
>>1138265
Not sure if you are still around but four corners is a disappointment.
From ABQ head up to Santa Fe then Taos.
From there I suggest Salida then Colorado spings and Denver.
This way you get to see the weird shit that is not anything like where you came from.
>>
>>1138363
Everyone has recommended four corners that I know at my job
>>
>>1138480
The only cool thing near there is mesa verde.
Really anon, not worth the drive compared to all the other stuff in central NM.

If you do go, report back on whether or not you found it worth it.
>>
>>1138497
You are probably right and it would probably save me more gas too. I'll look into Santa Fe and Taos
>>
>>1138265
If you stop and eat in Memphis or Little Rock, check out Kings Palace Cafe in Memphis on Beale Street (get the etouffee) or Cafe Bossa Nova in Little Rock on Kavanaugh Boulevard.
>>
>>1138265
I would recommend you stop by Fayetteville on your way out of Arkansas. NW Arkansas is really beautiful.
>>
Since you'll be going on I-75 up through GA, I recommend an excellent restaurant in this little town called Forsyth. The place is called The Grits Cafe, but it's not a breakfast place as you might expect. Delicious "southern fine dining" lunch and dinner menus.
>>
when are you going?
>>
>>1140166
I'm leaving sep 7
>>
>>1138265
You're coming so close to the Great Smoky Mountains and Asheville, yet youre skipping them in favor of saving a few hours and going through north Georgia. Reconsider that.

The whole premise of your trip is somewhat flawed. If you want to see more than just southern landscapes you picked the route that most looks like where you already live. Georgia, central Arkansas, Oklahoma and the Texas panhandle are ugly, boring places to drive. If you can afford it, just fly to New Mexico or Montana or something and rent a car.
>>
>>1141288
I've already planned many things to do along my route and seeing new landscapes isnt the only premise of the trip.

I've adjusted my route in AR to drive through Fayetteville like >>1139320
said.

>>1138363
I have enough time to kill in that leg of the journey so I'm taking your word and going up through Santa Fe and Taos, but then still going to four corners and then Cortez, CO since I'm going to stop at Telluride from there.

What is there to do or see in Santa Fe and Taos?
>>
>>1141456
>What is there to do or see in Santa Fe and Taos?

You will enjoy teluride .
Santa Fe and Taos you want to check out the crazy architecture and odd subculture.
Its like a fucking Dune novel out there if you hook in with the local wackos.
The pueblos are pretty cool also.
The camping is off the hook and september will be perfect.
Check out at least one ancient ruin from this list;
Chaco
Puye
Bandelier
Mesa verde
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.