[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel Shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Help. Please recommend me shoe that have a wide fit, especially in the toe area.

Every time I travel I go through the same circus. Look for shoes, settle on something that's too narrow by buying two sizes bigger. Feet rock back and forth in the shoe, destroying the insoles, savaging the rear area of the shoes, and giving me mad callus.

Bonus if it's available in Europe.
>>
>>1137983
Guess I should mention, it's for hiking/walking a lot, 99% in summer/hot/humid/rain conditions.
>>
>>1137985
Danner
Merell
Red Wing

three brands that make hiking boots and sell in EE width
>>
>>1137988
Merrell doesn't seem to sell the wide withs in Europe. Or at least, they're not offered on their online stores :(

Is Danner even sold outside of the US?
>>
>>1137991
http://www.danner.com/borderfreelocalization/options/
good luck; they make nice stuff...just used my Mountain Lights today on a hike
>>
>>1137983
In the US, it's going to be New Balance or Asics, maybe Brooks, in multiple widths. Just look for the low hiker/runner that fits your purposes for tread. Men's casual-dress walking shoe brands of Naturalizer, Rockport, Clarks have some wides, as does Sperry for the boat shoe. Mephistos are known to breathe well, as do some of the Clarks, with air exchange holes. If you have particularly hot feet, alternate your shoe with great sandals such as Teva, Olukai (or any brand that has leather lining and great arch-metatarsal support.

I'll tell you one trick, don't assume top brands such as Merrel or other hiking are necessarily comfortable, they are all really skimping on the interior quality. You can indeed buy stordy work boots, military desert boots, or basic doc martens, and insert a terrific runners insole. A brand like spenco will come in wide insoles and make the shoe simply fit better.

I am female, and I have wide feet, and women's brands are far less forgiving for a high arch or wide feet without rubbing somewhere or some friction on a strap. I have been looking on sites like footsmart just to keep abreast of the new brands, and most of them are european, where I guess shoppers are less into the china-made crap we have in the US. Expect to minimum pay $150 for great leather lined quality shoes. I wear crocs on all trips, through the airport, or the spa/pool needs, and even around in my hotel rooms end of day to cushion the damage I did to the feet. Get a dark pair and you can sneak them into your dinner outfit unnoticed.
>>
>>1138008
just read about a European brand that is having all of their shoes manufactured by a diabetic shoe company in San Antonio....I'm sure they are insanely comfy; worth checking out, since you follow emerging brands

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/28/t-magazine/fashion/comfortable-stylish-shoes-hopp.html
>>
>>1138009
Thanks for posting. I checked them out. They look luscious inside the heel, and remind me of the Clarks Wave line. A little too nun-nursey still to call them "fashionable" I'd say. If they got a bright sole, maybe! For a walking shoe though, they look great.
>>
>>1138024
that's true but they're a step up from Crocs
and they're a new brand; definitely worth keeping tabs on....if they ever make men's shoes or are smart enough to align with a prominent designer I'll probably try them out
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (34KB, 667x467px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
34KB, 667x467px
Any thoughts on Columbia?

I've been using Karimor boots (cheap UK brand) and they're annoying me. Feet get really tired after a few hours and they're hot and insulated

these are supposedly both waterproof and breathable but look much more breathable than the boots I've wore

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Columbia-Peakfreak-Outdry-Multisport-Outdoor/dp/B00J61BX7S/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
>>
Get combat boots . Military clothing dot com sells them and they're useful for almost everything. Last pretty long too and arent too expensive. They have a wide option in most boots too.
>>
>>1137992
danners are god tier. My RAT boots have been to hell and back and the only reason why I had to stop wearing them was because a fgt officer said they weren't pretty enough for garrison. After 3 years of HARD use to include a deployment to afghanistan as a dude who carried the most shit in the squad they're still truckin. Worth the price. Even still using the original laces.
>>
I saw the merrell trail glove 3 recommend, apparently it has a slightly wider toe area than regular shoes and the material is very stretchy. Could be a good fit?
>>
>>1137983
Ecco. They come from Europe. Absolutely comfortable, lots of toe room, and they look good. For the last 5 years of work I wore the same pair every day, and my feet thanked me.
>>
I thought all autists wore crocs?
>>
Anyone has experience with one of those or similar?

>https://www.amazon.com/Salewa-MS-Firetail-EVO-Mid/dp/B00J4K86KI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468870884&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Salewa+MS+Firetail+EVO+MID+GTX+00-0000063401
>https://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Ultra-Mid-Multifunctional-Aluminum/dp/B00KWKKPR6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1468870917&sr=8-3&keywords=Salomon+X+Ultra+a2+GTX

Cheers
>>
>>1137983
Dude, just buy shoes that are listed as wide shoes, and stop messing around with your feet. You don't want to have the wrong shoes on your feet. Ever. Stop messing around with brands which run just a little bit wide, and buy brands that carries widths. Two sizes too big is how you've been buying them? That's ridiculous, so must be EE width, not a D, or simple E. You're going to destroy your arches and feet with this illfitting nonsense.

Buy them online or travel to a big city, if you really do not have a clue where you shop for actual mens brands that come in widths.
>>
vivobarefoot. I have flat feet and they're wide as shit as well. Look into barefoot/minimalist shoes though as you can't just put them on and go for a run without getting hurt.

They're the only decent-looking minimalist shoe though as I wear Vibrams when I don't need to care about looking like a normal person.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.