[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpack thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: backenger.jpg (127KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
backenger.jpg
127KB, 800x800px
Guys Im going to Travel from
Münich>Venice>Florence>Rome>Bari>Igoumenitsa>Athens>Thessaloniki>Istanbul

It will take 5-6 days, I will stay in Rome for a night and Ill sleep on the busses on other days

Would a 20L bag be enough? 30L?
Any recommendations as to what to take with me?

First time on this board please be gentle.
>>
>>1137832
get a backpack; wearing a full load on one shoulder for 5-6 days will fuck up your back
what's your budget
>>
File: 18.jpg (89KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
89KB, 800x800px
>>1137837
Pic related doubles as backpack and I already have one.

If Im to buy a new one budget is as small as possible while providing enough carry space. Im just not sure if 20L will be enough, never done something like this before.
>>
>>1137832
To be honest that sounds like a nightmare to me. 5-6 days for Southern Germany, through Italy, to Greece, to Istanbul? What the fuck dude, how did you come up with that?

Istanbul alone has material to keep you busy for like 2 weeks (actually, forever). I honestly can't understand your plan. You're starting in Munich. Cool. So you have like what, an entire day there? And then sleep on the bus to Venice because that shit takes a LONG time?

Then you're in Venice. What's the plan here? Possibly a morning (lol at seeing Venice in 3 - 4 hours), then the fast train to Florence? Again 3 - 4 hours? Then the fast train to Rome? Now your second day is gone, plus a night since you're sleeping there.

Then to Bari, how much time will you spend there?

Then you take the ferry over which takes A LONG FUCKING TIME again?

Now we're hitting day 4 1/2 at the least, you just arrived in Athens. Spend half a day there, then fuck off on a bus to Thessaloniki which is easily 8 hours again? Now you're on day 5. See Thessaloniki for half a day then go over to Istanbul?

And you want to do all this with a 20L side carry-on bag? Where are you going to shower or are you just going to stink up busses?

What to take with you? Take a rope, because you'll want to kill yourself.
>>
>>1137844
Munich is a base I have a friend there I can shower and stay all I want.
>Day 1:
Munich(Sleep during Busride 7h) 7:10 > Venice 14:35
>Day 2:
Venice(Sleep during Busride 4h) 09:55 > Firenze 13:45
>Day 3:
Firenze(Sleep during Busride 4h) 02:35 > Roma 06:00
>Day 4:
Roma(Sleep at hostel, take shower, rest)
>Day 5:
Roma(Sleep during Busride 7h) 00:00 > Bari 06:55
Bari 13:30 > Igoumenitsa 22:00
>Day 6:
Igoumenitsa 00:00 > Athens 08:30

I havent decided exactly what to do after that point, but I have a base at Istanbul too I can stay as long as I want and take shower so maybe I'll just hurry there quickly.
>>
>>1137847
Wtf? You want to travel for a week and move cities every day? You'll see fuck all and spend most of your time on trains. Pick like two cities you most want to see and just do them
>>
you're spending a lot of money to jump between cities with no time to actually see anything, and you don't want to buy a new backpack?

I'd go for a 30 over a 20 but it depends how many clothes you're willing to take without having to wash them and change

This is mine and I'd use it for anything from 3 days to two weeks. £30 on amazon

I have a 22 that I use as a daypack but I prefer a bigger main pack so I don't have to wash my clothes as much etc

but seriously your plan is retarded, going that distance between cities with only a day to see each of them. You should reconsider, the advice her is right, you'll realise when you're finished that you didn't plan it well
>>
>>1138044
Can you tell us what this brand is, or where to buy it?
>>
>>1138044
low denier ballistic nylon
not heavy duty kevlar, parachute ripstop nylon, waxed duck canvas, or cordura
kys
>>
Why not just fly?
>>
>>1138047
sorry, this is Mil-Tec. One of the most popular on Amazon that term or "Backpack" should make it show up

>>1138050
alright tough guy, I just carry my clothes in this thing, not fight for revolutionaries

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mil-Tec-Military-Tactical-Rucksack-Backpack/dp/B004LSBYR0
>>
>>1138056
the problem with cheap bags is that they are guaranteed to fall apart

I'm sure that Mil Tec probably has good customer service - since their such a prominent brand on Amazon - but that's no help when you're on a trip and your bag starts falling apart
a pricier bag with better fabric and comfier straps is gonna survive any revolution / guerrilla warfare, and definitely survive a long trip
>>
>>1138060
*they're
woops
>>
>>1138060
It was £30 and it served me for 5 weeks on and off travel, it's not gonna be guaranteed to tear apart permitted you're not in a warzone. I've never had a problem, it's still spotless. Not a mark on it, let alone a tear

I'm going to get an Osprey or something for my next long term trip but considering OP is being a cheapass with bag recommendations I felt it was appropriate to suggest it
>>
>>1138063
relative of mine owns Osprey
I don't like the way they look so I haven't asked for a free bag in like 10 years lol
>>
File: farpoint_40_volcanic_grey.jpg (908KB, 2000x3006px) Image search: [Google]
farpoint_40_volcanic_grey.jpg
908KB, 2000x3006px
>>1138067
I don't like logos, I prefer discreet worthless looking bags that don't mark me as a traveller

but their Farpoint 40 is the only bag I'd consider wearing. I'm really picky

it's three times the cost of the Mil-Tec so I'm taking my time over thinking it over, though
>>
>>1138070
why not get something from Mystery Ranch's urban line?
and seam-rip the logo
>>
>>1138044
>>1138052
The whole point of this trip is that it costs less than a plane ticket from Munich to Istanbul. Whatever I get to see inbetween is bonus.
>>
>>1138071
where I live they're as expensive as the farpoint (£90)

also not a fan of that three zip thing with no outside pockets

Osprey is extremely well recommended from what I've seen
>>
>>1138074
How much money are you ready to save by feeling miserable from sleeping in busses for week?
Being smart with money is fine, but do you really want it to cut into your time this much? If you shelled in few ten euros more, you'd get to Istanbul in decent time, and wouldn't be feeling like crap from non-stop bus driving.
>>
Why not get a roller like everyone else? You aren't going backpacking anyway, those cities have paved sidewalks. I've never understood why tourists want to carry a huge backpack.
>>
>>1138114
Have you ever been in Europe? Tons of places have gradients and cobbles.

Not to mention its much more awkward to move a suitcase around if you want to see stuff while travelling between two places. It means you don't have both hands free and its something you have to watch. Its generally extremely inconvenient if you do anything but get a taxi immediately from the airport/train station to the hotel.
>>
>>1138114

hard to navigate through crowds and and in buses and up stairs with a roller

also, you look like a bitch
>>
are there any good daypack designs that are more resilient than the foldable pocket ones, but can still fit into your main pack?
>>
File: IMG_20151231_142954.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_142954.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>1137926
Not op.

I did some interrailing recently and I can vouch this guy's opinion. You will be stressed. You will be tired. You want to rest after each trip for at least an hour.
In the end you will end up seeing nothing except whats outside your bus window.
>>
More bag suggestions and not travel suggestions please
>>
File: 61ZzCFvviuL._SL1002_.jpg (89KB, 1002x1002px) Image search: [Google]
61ZzCFvviuL._SL1002_.jpg
89KB, 1002x1002px
>>1138070
Nice one but its really expensive. I found this but never heard of the brand. Anyone know anything?
www.amazon.de/dp/B01FZ6YXHY
>>
>>1140539
I guess bags like that come down to backpack vs luggage

some bags are backpacks that can be uses as luggage, some are luggage that you could use as a backpack, but aren't as comfortable to carry on your back all the time

I dunno, though. never came across that brand
>>
I did a month and a half traveling europe with a 25L bag
https://www.rei.com/product/880836/rei-trail-25-pack-mens
>>
This here chinese bag from Ebay is dirt cheap and was way better quality than I expected
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.