[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zanzibar or Bali

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Zanzibali.png (2MB, 946x1338px)
Zanzibali.png
2MB, 946x1338px
Sup guys,
I'm planning my honeymoon. We want to go somewhere we can travel independently and get away from it all, buy a motorbike, stealth camp, that kind of thing, but also relax a wee bit, maybe a cheeky night or two at a resort.
We're stuck between Zanzibar and Bali. Bali seems ideal for the motorbike exploration/chill out on a beach type of escapade. I don't really know what Zanzibar is good for except for clubbing. We're not interested in clubbing. Of course we'd probably have to start in mainland Tanzania, so couldn't we buy a bike there and tour around before going to the island to relax?

My basic questions are these:
-Would Zanzibar/Tanzania be way more expensive than Bali?
-Are tourists treated like shit in either of these places?
-Culturally both these places have very good reputations. Is this exaggerated in either case? I struggle to believe that the Bali experience is any different than that of the rest of SEA, i.e. standing knee-deep in plastic bags while drinking fanta out of a plastic bag while someone keeps trying to sell you heroin in a plastic bag
And I struggle to believe that Zanzibar is anywhere near as cool as the google image results.

Our priorities are good food, nice nature, and ease of independent travel.

Thanks guise
>>
>>1137702

Zanzibar is amazing been there. Zanzibar is not even good for clubbing.

Both have problems with Islam, tourists are treated more like shit in Zanzibar, just look up the news. Acid attacks, murder, it's not safe to walk around at night.

That said it is pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>1137777
what's fucking cool about having acid splashed in your face for being white?

are you stupid?
>>
Dr Pavel. I'm CIA.
>>
>>1137777
This smacks of Islamophobia but I'd like to hear more about the good aspects of Zanzibar. What did you do there?
One thing we try to do when we travel is pay random fishermen to take us out in their boats; seems like it would be cool if we could get a traditional boat to ourselves there.
>>
File: MGTOWpastry.jpg (177KB, 971x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOWpastry.jpg
177KB, 971x1000px
>>1137702
>>1137702
Anon google MGTOW before you get married.
You will be glad you did.
>>
>>1138470
I'm scrolling through the google results almost crying with laughter
>>
>>1137777
>>1138096

Not that guy but my friend is in Zanzibar with the Peace Corps. He's an atheist but grew up Muslim and said that people really get on him about Islam. Apparently he's had people come up to him daily asking why he wasn't at mosque, whether he was fasting for Ramadan, and so on.

However, he likes Tanzania a lot and speaks Swahili now. I think he lives a ways away from the coast but can bike there in a few hours and said the island is beautiful.
>>
>>1138543

Islamism is rife in Zanzibar, madrasas are being funded by the Saudi's and it is becoming more militant every year. There was a night club bombing popular with tourists in Stone Town but no one was killed. Two British girls had acid thrown on them, and a number of priests have been killed.

It's a a shame, it is a beautiful place.

Islamophobia is not a real thing, people that use the term show their lack of intellect.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Islamism+zanzibar&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=ZxCHV9C9DqfgjwSuv4b4DQ
>>
>>1138573
Thanks for the serious reply. Those don't sound like very well-organized attacks, though. It's difficult for me to worry about safety because I've been to several Muslim countries; for each one someone told me how dangerous it was, and in each one I had an awesome time.
But I'm not a complete fat-head; I'll do some more research.
If you don't think mindless Islamophobia exists, you've never been to America.

>>1138543
Well if he's got brown skin of course people are gonna give him shit about not being in mosque.
>>
>>1138530
Please be careful anon, just dont make a babby
>>
I've been to Zanzibar in august 2015 and I loved it
I'd definitely recommend it
can't say anything about Bali though
>>
>>1138852
On what basis did you love it? Were the people welcoming?
>>
Never been to Bali so I can't really comment on it.

Tanzania is cheap as hell; Zanzibar is a little more expensive. You COULD buy a bike in TZ, but driving there, as you may know if you've driven pretty much anywhere in Africa, can get a tiny bit sketchy (lots of accidents, corrupt cops ticketing you, etc). I wouldn't recommend it for most people... at least on a bike.

In TZ tourists are treated well enough. You'll get beggars following you on occasion and shopkeepers overcharging you, but no real issues besides the odd, shameless creeper.

And yes, Zanzibar is as close to its google image results as you're gonna get. Tanzanian food is, for the most part, pretty boring imo. Chips mayai is really the only local dish that I'd recommend.
>>
>>1138895
>Tanzanian food is, for the most part, pretty boring imo. Chips mayai is really the only local dish that I'd recommend.
Confirmed for pleb. Probably did an overland group tour.
>>
Bump. I suppose it's too much to hope than anyone's been to both.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.