[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philippines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: Philippines-Wallpaper.jpg (947KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Philippines-Wallpaper.jpg
947KB, 2560x1600px
So I'm travelling in January to the Philippines for the first time and would appreciate some recommendations for places to visit, what to do, and any tips from people that have been here before!
>>
Budget? Personal interests? Length of stay? I'm assuming you're not just arriving in Manila and making it up as you go along so where do you plan on going (or where would you like to go)?

My number one piece of advice for where to go is: The best time to go to Boracay is now. It's getting worse and worse as the years go by due to overcrowding, poor infrastructure and not being able to handle the growing number of tourists every year. It's stunning but being ruined.

I've not been to Palawan but from what I understand it's closer to "old" Boracay.

If you are white you will be popular because you have more money than the locals. With this will come the issue of being charged three times the local rate for some things. I went on a five hour boat trip around Boracay with snorkelling and a buffet included. It cost the equivalent of £9 (including tip for the two crew on the boat). They would have charged us nearly £30 if we didn't have a local in our group. Once they saw us they insisted the price go up. They're a poor country so you feel bad, but just be aware that will happen.

Also, on Boracay we had a kid come up to us and offer to take our picture with the sandcastles. "No charge, just a tip". I had only just arrived and had little change. I had 20 pesos, 100 pesos and 1000 pesos. No way he was getting the last two. I handed over 20 and he said "One more, sir". Not only that but two of his friends turned up and asked for money too. I walked off. "Fuck you, Sir". Pretty funny, but also quite sad.

Try the local mangoes, especially on Boracay. Try lots of fruits because they're incredible there. If you hear somebody at a stall say what sounds like "Hello, hello" they aren't. They're saying "Hallo Hallo", which is the national desert. It's not a fixed recipe but it's delicious (albeit with a weird mix of textures) and will cool you down a treat.

I'd type more but this may have been completely useless to you so I'll wait for more information from you for now.
>>
We are going to be over there for a month, Jan till Feb. So far we have booked to get a flight in to Manila and are leaving straight to Cebu after arriving as we have heard it is a nicer place for tourism. From their we have no plans except flights leaving Palawan at the end of our trip so thats where we will end up at. Mostly interested in nice beaches and activities such as the canyoneering in Cebu. Would really like to know about how expensive accomodation is around the area, since our budget isnt huge, we dont mind staying in cheap hostels/hotels.
>>
Any sex tourism info?
>>
>>1135287
Assuming you're OP, I can't really help beyond what I've already said because I've been to neither Cebu or Palawan.

I have heard Cebu has a reputation for being a bit "seedy" in places. Especially if they think you're a tourist. You will be approached by prostitutes and women interested in your passport.

>>1135288
Assuming you're not OP, be white. People aren't joking when they say it's easy to get laid in the Philippines. That said, you still need to put in some effort. Just being white will make you the focus of attention for all women over local men. However, you still need to compete with other white men that may be there. I'm 6' 6" and dress reasonably well (I don't dress like a tourist with graphic tees, cargo shorts and loads of bags) so I stood out pretty well, despite not being that great looking.

Also, consider that they have their religious reputation to uphold, especially in front of their friends. They will be very reserved about it because they don't want to make Jesus cry and look like a slut in front of their friends (especially male ones) but often that is for show.
>>
>>1135295
How's the local sex interest for other asian males?
>>
>>1135352
Not being one I can't say. Sorry. Presumably the same for white people in western countries.
>>
i recommend not going at all
>>
Bring some bug repellent and antibiotics.
>>
>>1135752
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Do not skimp on repellent. Also, get your malaria tablets and injections.
>>
How much would it cost to spend a month or two months there? My fav place so far in SEA is Pai, any Filipino equivalent?
>>
>>1135744
>>1135352
Depends where in Asia you're from. If you're from the US/Korea/Japan/etc and have fairly light skin it's fine. Just be sure to dress well.
>>
TAO Philippines. Yes, it's worth the price. It's an absolutely unbelievable experience and was perhaps the best week of my 8mos of travel.

Go get laid in the big cities (Cebu/Manila/etc) and then go to TAO for one hell of an adventure.

Use both Tinder and Badoo to get laid there. Skip the hostels and get a regular hotel to bring girls back to. Don't expect to get laid in less urban areas. Don't bring home a wife.
>>
>>1135748
kek. maybe

>>1135919
>don't expect to get laid in less urban areas
kek

all of the expats end up moving to semi-rural areas and having a revolving harem of half the town while they just relax at the beach drinking beer and cocktails all day

I might very well fucking retire in the philippines. if duterte cleans the fucking country up, I see no reason NOT to. no matter what, it comes down to here or thailand. thailand has better roads and hospitals, but desu what does that fucking matter?

other places are better for young people though
>>
me>>1135930 again

since this is the direction the topic is going anyway, let's revive the old debate: is it worth learning tagalog?

pro: it'll help you connect better, and avoid getting fucked
it's not that hard
it'll get you around in malaysia and indonesia as well
half the vocabulary is english anyway
it's the living language of spider monkeys

con: it's not even spoken by half the country
flips go out of their way to make you feel welcome
some say visayan is better to learn? wtf
most old people just go to thailand, and learn thai instead

debate time boys
>>
>>1135934
I'd say it's worth to learn depending on where you're going to stay and for how long.
For a short period trip (like one month or less), it's not worth it regardless, unless you're expecting to go with some frequency.
Then it's up to which region you're going to stay longer, because as you pointed out, tagalog is not a given throughout the country.
>>
>>1135940
like I said, I can see myself retiring there in 20 odd years. I really like palawan,the people are friendly, and communal, and make you feel welcome, it's not polluted and honest, hardworking people can still aford to live by the beach because (I'm not blaming banks or anything) overdeveopment. and unlike the rest of PI (from what I've seen) there's no crime. but maybe there are better places?

any reccomendations for areas/languages to learn for someone like me? I wager I'd be fluent in a year or so of immersion, I learn fast, and filipino people are very chatty, so I'd get lots of practice, though maybe when I retire I'll be a lot slower. I likely won't start right away, not until I find a spot to actually move to.
>>
>>1135942
Can help with the recommendation part as I don't know the phils that well.
What I do know is that tagalog is the language with the most native speakers, followed by cebuano.
And I'm pretty sure that you can find at least a few people who speak tagalog in any region you go, even in regions where it's not the official regional language. (I guess it's like knowing English in western Europe?)

So I would say it's not a bad idea to learn tagalog if you're thinking about living there.
>>
>>1135930
Agreed about the harem thing. I went waaaaay up north and they don't see white people where we went. Ever. I was the only one not in a relationship so I could make the most of it.

We stayed with a local and I went with a couple of people (both also locals) to pick their kid up from school and I was a celebrity for a couple of days. I ended up teaching a class of about ten kids a bit of English the next day (they asked me to go back) and since I'm 6' 5" I gave them piggy back rides for a while. One of the highlights of my trip. Back to what you were saying, some of the teachers were single and I spent a bit of time talking to them and ended up going drinking with them when they finished work. My phone didn't work and I had no way of contacting my friends so I spent most of the day drinking with my friends wondering where I was. Fortunately where we were was a small place so they found me but when they did I was sat among four young women (I was 26 and they were between 19 and 24) and I bought them drinks all night (I took more spending money than they earn in two months) and they loved it. I ended up sleeping with each one, a couple more than once, throughout my stay. They weren't the most stunning looking women, but still pretty nice and great bodies.

>>1135940
I learnt a bit of Tagalog for my stay and while I was there made an effort to pick up a bit of Ilocano. Learning how to say "beautiful" in Ilocano proved to be the best lubricant known to man.

Apologies for blog post etc. and for turning this in to another post about sex on this board.
>>
>>1135270
Avoid this country at all costs if you don't wanna die young.
>>
>>1135930
Duterte is going to clean the streets from drug pushers to prostitutes. He's against sex tourism because it's demoralizing Filipino women or something like that.
>>
Why does every thread on /trv/ has replies about sex?
I bet half of you homos wouldn't even travel if a grenade blew up your dick and you couldn't have sex anymore
>>
>>1135952
thanks, I'll try fishing on other forums

>>1136183
>They weren't the most stunning looking women
aint that the truth

the overall feelng is great though. they're SO friendly, the people so welcoming, so attentive to details to make you feel included, it really is a great place. I'm not a big fan of multikult, but I think we could learn a little from the flips about how to organize healthy families and communities.

hte local filipinas where I live are pretty attractive though. even more so than the chinese. I really wonder what goes on over there that makes some of them look beat up.

>>1136191
I wouldn't blame him if he did. I would actually support that, not that it's any of my business. you can only expect a young man to enjoy women if he has no constraints, but it's a bit like a dog eating itself to death. they're good people and I hope he suceeds.
>>
>>1135352
The whole being white thing is kind of overblown. FiIlipinas really don't have standards. You really just have to be not Filipino and all this same stuff applies. They really have some self loathing, inferiority complex issues, which is matched with a bunch of pride, which makes for weird dynamic.
>>
>>1136298
hiring hookers really isn't the same as having geniune interest

the high class girls will avoid foreigners. that's roughly the same just about anywhere you go
>>
>>1136299
>>
>>1136299
I know that dude. He's a Japanese expat/student and rapper in Tokyo. I agree with what you are saying about high class girls are true. And there is a thin line between poor girls and the whores. Though those aren't whores in the pic. At least not full time ones, though I wouldn't be surprised if they are the retail by day, hoe by night type.
>>
>>1136315
>student/rapper
you could have said poor loser

>thin line between por and whore
true

>those aren't whores in the pic
oh, I get it. he's a cool rapper dude, who's so cool, and definitely not an 80 iq loser, so he goes to the philippines because... he's clearly such a cool rapper in tokyo that he doesn't need to hire whores. right?

let me show you a square circle, my friend
>>
File: Untitled.gif (179KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
179KB, 640x720px
>>1136319
He used to be in the Marines so is getting paid to go to school off the post 9/11 GI Bill. He does fine in Japan. HIs time statione din Okinawa is why he wanted to go to school there. And the rapping started with the Demigrpahix crew/studio in Okinawa. Still affiliated with them but now with the Lokyo crew in Tokyo. Definitely living the MayMay life. He just travel around Asia when the school is out. Another former Marine, from Palau originally, was his guide in the Philippines.

But we are getting off topic. The point is Flip chicks are easy no matter your race/nationality.
>>
>>1135270
Don't do any drugs and be careful of IS affiliates.
I've heard the new pm is killing druggies in the street.
>>
>>1136319
Wait is your head so far up your ass that you really think the only men that women around the world could possibly ever want are white?
>>
>>1136369
In support of this guy, I have heard from Pakis and Mexicans that Japanese women are really into the brown skin. I'm Mexican by the way, too bad though Japanese women are gross.
>>
>>1136245
Whys it a problem to you? Mind your business.
>>
>>1136382
Yea I'm black and did pretty well in Japan. Traveled alot and I just have to disagree. Theres not a lot of insanely hot Japanese girls (although there are plenty), but for me Japan and Tokyo especially had the highest number of consistently attractive women compared to anywhere else I've been in the world.

Lack of fat women and the vast majority of people growing up atleast middle class leads to a lot attractive women. Plus compared to 11 years ago when I first went theres been a huge push into dental health which was the one thing I thought Japan was kind of weak on when I first went in high school.
>>
>>1136245
>if you don't travel for the same reasons as me you are wrong!
>>
>>1136369
you're right. rappers on average exhibit some of the world's highest iq's. rappers invented the pyramids. they also invented rocket ships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXTkZbgN6V4

in fact, he's so rich, did you know the GI bill exists? it's so much money that you're basically rich, the proof is that it's so much more money than you'll ever have, that means he's rich.

how poor do you have to be to be impressed by the GI bill? I dunno. how much do you make? because you seem to be
>>
My wife is from Palawan and went there, along with Cebu.

In Cebu, make sure you visit Bohol and see the chocolate hills and tarsier monkeys. There is also a cool Taoist temple in Cebu.

She is from central palawan, so I didn't get to go to El Nido, which is awesome. Did go to the Underground River, which is cool.
>>
>>1136396
why are you so butt mad

not even a part of this conversation or thread, but your post reeked of insecurity
>>
>>1136423
rappers are losers. that's a fact. it doesn't make me buttmad

the moment you would allow a rapper as a trustee of your bank account is the moment I will concede that you don't also think rappers are losers.
>>
>>1136183
What region did you visit exactly? I would actually love to try going there to teach english for a while.
>>
>>1136488
Santa Ana in North East Luzon. About fifteen hours by bus from Manila.
>>
>>1136425
Irrelevant
>>
Flip here.

As you might know, PH is divided into three group of islands, Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Will post destinations for northern Luzon. I suggest googling each destination so you have an idea of how it looks like. Luzon is very safe, only the southern parts of Mindanao are really considered dangerous.

Batanes islands: Northernmost part of PH, home to rolling hills next to the sea, more of a chill vibe.
Pagudpud: Northernmost tip of Luzon, has beaches but nothibg special really
Vigan: A city for sightseeing, streets and houses here retained the colonial Spanish era style
Baler: Surfing beach at the western side of Luzon, a popular surfing spot with decent nighlife and has other atteactions too such as the mangrove forests and the Mother Falls.
Crystal Beach Resort: A great beach to chill at in the province of Zambales
Baguio and Sagada: These are cities in the mountain reguons of PH, the air here is cool and the nighlife in Baguio is great, a lot of tourist attractions too. Sagada is a more quiet and quaint place to relax at, there are also waterfalls and trails here which would lead you to stalactite caves. Rice terraces can also be seen here.
San Juan, La Union: Another popular surfing spot, and my fave. The locals here are amazing, I suggest checking out Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel during night time, chill af.
>>
>>1139386
Fucked up my formatting. I have other destinations in mind this time from the whole PH, try googling them up, will also type the thing/s to do at the destination

>Anilao Batangas
Diving
>Boracay
Best nightlife, amazing beach
>Hundred Islands
Island hopping to a looooot of islands
>Anawangin or Nagsada Cove
Chill at the beach, no electricity, camping, trekking
>Camarines Sur, Caramoan
Great quiet beaches, has rafting and canyoneering
>Cebu
Swimming with sperm whales, Amazing canyoneering tour to Kawasan falls, great nighlife in Cebu City
>Gigantes island
A popular apot to take a picture, the view is amazing, google it.
>Siargao
The "it" surfing spot in the PH
>Coron and El Nido, Palawan
If you only have enough time or budget to go to a single place, these two should be your destination. These have lagoons and beaches which are perfect 10s, and are super fucking beautiful. Google them, now.
>>
>>1139391

Which also the best/easiest women?
>>
>>1140140
Not that anon but Manila, Cebu, and Iloilo are good places for hooking up with locals.

Boracay is good for hooking up period, but you need to be decent looking and somewhat socially savvy.
>>
>>1140140
Go to the provincial cites like cebu. Baguio, Iloilo.
They have the best woman not as jade and most willing too
In manila it feels like a scam most of the time.
In the provinces you will feel less guilty when you hook up
Locals even encouraged it sometimes
As if they would rather have thier daughters end up with a rich forigner than a filipini
>>
If I had to choose just one, Philippines or Thailand, and why?
>>
>>1141792
The one with cheapest flights because fuck you.
>>
>>1135822
> Pai
> fave place

It'll be hard to find so many stuck up hippies in one place in the Philippines. Pai is beautiful, but ruined by the local community.
>>
>>1136393
I'm guessing you're in decent shape. My theory is that jap women love fit guys. Men in Japan don't generally lift and generally have skinny fat physiques their entire lives. Women are women, they're programmed to want the healthiest looking male.

It's like if women with big tits, hourglass physiques, nice asses etc were to be anywhere in the world they would be desired, but especially so if you were to plump them into the middle of Cambodia they would have 10000s of willing partners.

I fucked 4 different qt jap bitches during my week in Tokyo. All from tinder, where I used a shirtless photo of myself. Always made up an innocent excuse to meet " English lessons " " showing me good places to eat " , but always got laid at the end. And I'm a 5'11" white guy with below average facial aesthetics but a roided out fit bod.

TLDR: lift and slay nip pussy
>>
>>1139391
thank you based Phil anon
>>
>>1141792
Philippines if you want to hook up with locals and make real connections with locals in general.. They love foreigners and most speak at least a little English. College educated people are fluent. Much smaller and much older backpacker scene (mid-late 20s).

Thailand if you want to fuck hookers, feel safer, and mostly if you want to hang out with backpackers.
>>
>>1141952
How is food compared to Thailand?
Also I must say that compared to Thais, all Phils seemed more "European".
Thai people are very friendly, but I get that feeling that they are from a a very different culture.
With Philippines I feel like I am talking to somebody from a different European country.
Mind you I am speaking about encounters here in the West.
>>
>>1142016
Probably remnants from the Spanish and American colonisation.
>>
>>1142016
Yeah, flips are pretty good at assimilating other cultures into their own. So there are lots of unique aspects but definitely the most "familiar"-seeming country out of anywhere I've been in Asia.

Filipino food sucks but there is always lots of western food available, even where there aren't any tourists.
>>
>>1142040
Is there any Filipino dish that is worth trying at all?
Do they have Thai restaurants with Thai cooks?
>>
>>1135270
Are Philippines a good place to retire?

Could I buy an apartment with $150,000 and live on pension of $1000 per month?
>>
>>1141952
Thailand is better than the Phillipines for experience a new culture. Phillipines is just a different culture. You change make genuine connection with locals in Thailand, but it is a lot easier in the Philippines.

>>1142040
That's because though ironically so prideful, they are self loathing cocks. I recall an old thread on city-state forums on whether you consider Flips Hispanic. No one did except the Flips themselves and they are generally proud of their colonial roots, while still having a huge inferiority complex. The way the men talk about their women and luster after white women (more than any other male Asian demographic do they out marry), any women not their own really. And the women are even worse, and the powers of assimilation, coupled with the huge diaspora, is why you see them married to everyone. Hell even in the Middle East men are marrying Flips. At the same time anywhere you go in the west with a large group of Filipinos, the "Filipino Mafia" is strong. Hell, they run the U.S. Navy. And no, it's not a real Mafia.
>>
>>1142047
Lumpia is typically the go to Filipino dish. Outisde of that they have weird shit, like old half incubated eggs with the baby bird in it.
>>
>>1142050
You can get a retirement Visa for 10K USA. Any pension will go a long away. It's cost of living is lower than Thailand. At the same time it's medical care is nowhere near is good (Thailand is great, especially for the cost, hence it being a popular medical tourism destination). It's also more isolated. That said Phillipines is number 2 on my retirement list, behind Thailand. A retirement Visa in Thailand is 25K
>>
>>1142058
Very interesting.
Thailand these days seems to become more and more westernized, so I don't think it will be possible to retire there in 30 years as prices will probably increase.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.