[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Euro Backpacking Tip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey guys i'm 20 years old from Australia. I want to backpack Europe in September for at least a month. Ideally i'd go with a mate but they are either busy or don't have money so i'm doing it by myself.

My question is, in your opinion what are the must sees and is there anything that is overrated and I should just skip it to save time?
I would love to see some incredible nature, and just really get outside and experience everything. I am not huge on the whole nightclub scene but any festivals or anything that sound appealing would be great.

Honestly it's pretty broad question
Just what should I do? What shouldn't I do?

I thought best to ask here, everywhere I look online or who I ask just says go to to each capital city and do the tourist things. Which I assume I will do, but i'd love to really venture out and see more than that
>>
Forgot to mention I haven't left Australia other than a family holiday to Thailand a couple years ago. However I am heading to NZ/Samoa in 3 weeks
>>
Do you have at least a vague idea of the countries you want to visit?
>>
>>1129693
i'm from germany
i liked:
Berlin
Amsterdam
Belgrad
Cardiff
Strasbourg

Was dissapointed:
London
Paris

Litarally nothing to do what you cant do anywhere else in germany/france/netherlands:
Brussel
>>
>>1129727
Well i'd be landing in London and from there at this stage I had in mind: Netherlands,Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Czech, Spain, France. But I know there is so much more. That's why I've come here, I do have a vague idea but i'm open to going anywhere.

>>1129729
Thanks for your help, i'll research into those
>>
>>1130070
in netherlands amsterdam is nice, many people i know said they liked utrecht much more, i havent seen utrecht

if you really want to see belgium then go to brügge
but it is really tourity and expensive, maybe stay the day there and then go at evening to ostende (30min). its a nice town by the sea

nice places in germany: berlin, hamburg, dresten, bamberg, heidelberg, nürnberg. Munich is overrated

cant say much about switzerland but its really expensive

czech: prague is pretty cool. nice oldtown, huge party scene and drugs are basicly legal, was to young to experience this

spain: brcelona is nice but really touristy

in france bretagne and strasbourg a nice

would also recomend portugal
>>
>>1130094
>drugs are basicly legal,
Tell me more
>>
>>1130094
Thanks so much mate that is awesome! Given me a lot to think about, i'll definitely be checking out a few of them! Where do you recommend going in Portugal?
>>
>>1130094
Also are there any areas I should avoid for safety?
>>
Amerifat here,
Just wrapped up a 3 month trip. Started in germany, then italy france spain. As far as nature the alps looked awesome from the bus. The German countryside in the spring was dope. Can't beat the hills of tuscany. But really the best was spain. Particularly the city of granada. Gorgeous old Arabic city with hotsprings and mountains 1.50 euros and 30 minutes away by bus. I'm a sucker for hot and dry rocky landscapes though.
>>
File: 1280px-Basteibrücke_morgens.jpg (342KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Basteibrücke_morgens.jpg
342KB, 1280x830px
hopping from capital to capital is nice, but you will not see much nature

If you travel from Berlin to Prague you could stop over in Dresden. There is a popular hiking region nearby called Saxon Switzerland.
https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Saxon_Switzerland
>>
>>1130421
Wow that looks incredible, things like this is really what I am hoping to find, thank you this is perfect. I can promise you I will be making the effort to head out there. Any other places you recommend?
>>
>>1130095
pretty much every drug is legal in small amouts to carry around. Technically its not legal but in small amounts the law isnt enforced by the police, even most hard drugs like meth. Pills and weed are easy to get.

>>1130109
i wasnt there, heard a lot nice things about it. I will go probably go september to Porto, Lisboa and faro

>>1130111
The only places i know you should avoid are some suburbs of paris, stockholm, brussel and london.
but there shouldnt be something interesting to see

other than that i dont know any dangerous places. And during the day i wouldnt be afraid of going there too if i had a reason to go.

look out for pickpocketing. Especially in italy, spain and balkans. look out for gypsies. dont put your wallet/phone in your backpocket.

europe is really safe compared to the rest of the world. Even with the refugee crisis.
>>
>>1130111
If you go to London don't venture out of the royal Borough
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.