[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is travel as hedonistic a hobby as shopping or eating at expensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Success.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Success.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
Is travel as hedonistic a hobby as shopping or eating at expensive restaurants?

What exactly are we spending our time and money on when we travel?
>>
depends on how and why you travel

>only visiting all-inclusives, never leaving the resort, and only interaction with a local is giving them your drink order
yes
>traveling to enrich your cultural experience, increase your historical perspective, and challenge yourself physically and mentally
no
>>
>>1129375
You know, some people WORK for a living and in thier 3 weeks off a year they would rather be treated like a king than "challenged physically and mentally." I would hardly call that crowd hobbyists either, they typically hit up the same places every year.
>>
>>1129392
>implying i know nothing about working for a living
yeah, nah.

and it's fine if that's what someone enjoys. i wasn't saying it's automatically bad. it's just indulgent. you need me to post a trigger warning next time?
>>
>>1129375
I hear you, but either way we're feeding our own vanity, right?
I envy people who are able to travel as part of a job, especially for a worthwhile cause. You can bask in vanity all you want as long as you're there for a good reason.

Hell with it though, I ain't gonna stop.
>>
>>1129402
>either way we're feeding our own vanity, right?
that wasn't op's question, but yes, i agree with that. however implying that's a bad thing is absurd. along the lines of saying giving to charity is bad because people only do it to feel good.

expanding slightly on my comment
>traveling to enrich your cultural experience, increase your historical perspective, and challenge yourself physically and mentally
obviously there are different tiers. for someone who's never left their farming town of 5000 people it could all be accomplished by just having the courage to accomplish their lifelong dream of eating at a cafe on the siene. for someone with much more experience it may be spending a year traveling with nomads through durkadurkastan.
>>
>>1129312
Because it's hedonistic doesn't mean that it's bad/wrong
>>
>>1129312
its freedom to go where we want wherever we want, with we are going loss with "self" driving car
>>
>>1129406
>durkadurkastan
beautiful country
>>
It took me a long time to accept, but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a hedonist. I live for pleasure. I love sex, I love feeling things, I love doing drugs, I love chasing happiness, etc.

It might be an uphill battle and I guess the conscious evolution is to learn to manage my temptations more, but fuck it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.