[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flying from JFK tomorrow and I have a few TSA questions 1) Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cia4.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
cia4.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
Flying from JFK tomorrow and I have a few TSA questions

1) Do toothpaste/mouthwash/bodywash/etc (all travel sized) need to be in a ziploc baggie if they're in checked baggage? Or can they ONLY be in checked baggage?
2) I have an envelope (bigger envelope, maybe 10 by 6 inches) that's carrying a picture frame with a picture, a card, and a couple other things in my backpack (carry on), will they want me to empty out the contents of the envelope even though it's in my backpack and they can probably see it through the xray?
3) Likewise I have a gift bag are they going to ask me to remove it from my backpack/empty out the contents of it? For this and the above it's that the contents are pretty personal for both of these items.
>>
>>1127527
It's always best to be forthcoming. The envelope needs to be easy to open for the TSA, and the frame needs to be easily taken off to see what's inside. It might even be safer to give the envelope to the TSA directly to inspect. (in order to prevent further suspicion.) And yes the gift bag will need to be emptied and inspected, so you might as well just give that to the agent as well.
>>
>>1127536
Are you sure on the picture frame? It's not glass and it can't be opened.
>>
>>1127536
>remove items from envelope and gift bags
>open up picture frames

Do American airports just not have scanners/xray or are they just trying out being a police state for a little bit?
>>
>>1127541
This never happened to me.
>>
1. You don't need to worry about liquids or toothpaste in your checked in baggage. It's only the carry-on liquids that needs to be in a zip-lock bag.
2. I doubt it they'll bother with the picture at all, I'd just leave it in the backpack and not think more about it.
3. It depends on what's in the gift bag. Is it possible to put it in your checked in luggage? Avoid liquids and such and you should be fine, they'll only open it if they are curious about the contents.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.