[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Greece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So this is it, we finaly made it!

Me and my GF are moving from Sweden to travel in Peloponnesia, possibly for the autumn, or for longer.

We are both vegans (cheap food) and look forward to eat all the fruit we can, and we are bringing our bikes aswell.

Now, we are checking places to stay in Airbnb and found a nice apartment in Patras to start with, for a month, but are currently looking after more places to stay at, the cheapest we can.

My main concern is that my gf has tons of money, whilst i don't Now i don't want to leech off her, and I've got around 3000 euro. I have worked in schools as a substitute teacher and special needs-carer and restaurants before, so i'd like to know if there are any job oppurtonities for me?

Or if it's possible to simply put up ads with me offering swedish or english lessons (hah, I'm writing shitty in this post, I know) for a small amount, like 5 euros per session.
Or just.. bike out to the country side, pick fruit, and sell them in the street?

Is this just a dream, or is it possible for me to have some form of tiny income this way in Greece? Aside from cycling, my main interest is poetry, reading and writing it. Is there a scene for that in Patras?

Thanks!
>>
>vegans
you spelled "cunts" wrong.
>>
i don't know much bout greece but you seem like a nice sincere dude. i hope you and yo gril find what you are looking for
>>
>>1125022
>special needs-carer
>vegan
You could start by taking care of yourself.

Why would you work on your vacation for significantly less money than back at home, with the added disadvantage of not knowing the language and looking for a job in a shitty economy? Just do some extra part-time work in Sweden and go loaded with cash by Greek standards.
Also lost it at foraging in the countryside.
>>
>>1125022
You could try teaching English, although most people would want to learn from a native speaker.

There's a demand for English language skills so people can escape the 25% unemployment rate, especially the 50% youth unemployment rate.

Given these unemployment rates, you will find that locals are willing to work longer and harder picking and selling fruit on the sides of the roads than you are. You might also find that they take offense at tourists trespassing in their orchards.

As some other anon said, you sound like a nice sincere guy, but it seems quite delusional to move to a country in the midst of a serious economic crisis and think you can make a living selling fruit on the side of the street.
>>
>>1125978
ignore this person, please. he is insecure in his dietary choices and goes around mocking others.

Good on you for not harming animals!

Stick to making food yourself. It cheaper and easier to get it vegan. iF YOU MUST eat out, try lentil soup or whatever you can ensure is vegan. Watch out for the dairy and eggs more than the meat, a lot of the peasant food is meat-less but does contain animal ingredients / broths. You probably will not find any fake meats or cheeses, unless you are in Athens

10 Eurs a session, for like 45 mins is probably doable, but more swedish than english, since it is more niche.

Try!
>>
>>1125022
Patras is a shithole
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.