[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So much to explore here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Flag-map_of_Russia.svg.png (133KB, 2000x1163px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-map_of_Russia.svg.png
133KB, 2000x1163px
So much to explore here.
>>
>>1123765

Southeastern part under influences of Asiatic cultures especially.
>>
Give me some examples of interesting things to see and do in Russia. My impression of the country is that it's largely just cookie-cutter communist shithole cities apart from Moscow and st Petersburg,
>>
File: DSC_0134.jpg (6MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0134.jpg
6MB, 4288x2848px
>>1124390
Pic related. Bonus points for whomever can identify the city (tip: it's one of the bigger ones)
>>
>>1124479
That's a great pic!

bit of an off-topic question, but I'm thinking of investing into an actual camera for my travels (been using my phone camera which is obviously not that great).

what do you recommend/use?
>>
>So much to explore
>Moscow
>Saint Petersburg
>Vladivostok (?)
>???
>>
>>1124479
The coat of arms on the city hall seems familiar. Perm? Yaroslav?
>>
>>1124499
Volgograd
Irkutsk
Smolensk
Nizhny Novgorod
Novosibirks

I'm not even familiar with Russia.
>Pic related, Volgograd

>>1124390
It's not cookie-cutter, it's what made the cookie-cutter.
Even though again, Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact countries are different enough and there's plenty of degenerate Soviet art to see in all of them.

>Nature
There's a damn lot of it. Russia is an ecosystem of it's own due to simply size. Sahara goes across several countries, so do the Alps... an then there's Russia.

>Culture
Ever seen a woman perform hard, manual labour in the west? Ever left your comfort zone in terms of navigation and social surroundings? In Russia you will.
>>
>>1124497
I have not a single idea. The pic was taken by a girl I was traveling with, who is a third year arts student, so maybe even a great camera wouldn't be enough to make it. I guess your best option is to start a new topic actually
>>
>>1124500
Bingo sir! Yes, it's Perm, almost the end of the city (though I have no idea in which direction). There was only a single other time when I was so genuinely amazed by a sculpture. The other was in Gori, Georgia (Stalin's hometown). Between the Stalin's museum and nearby monastery hill there is a sculpture of severed knights waiting in a circle. Guys, is it cool.
>>
>>1124390

If you like nature and scenery, go check out Altai and Tuva, they aren't the easiest places to get into but have a whole lot to offer.

They also dont get many tourists which is a bonus, means you can normally hike and explore in relative serenity.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.