[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to DC for four days. Is it worth taking a day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0952.jpg (253KB, 988x928px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0952.jpg
253KB, 988x928px
I'm going to DC for four days. Is it worth taking a day trip up to Baltimore? (probably via train)

Is this even possible?
>>
>>1119235
>Going to Baltimore
Only if you want to see a baseball game and/or see Fort McHenry.
>>
>>1119235
Baltimore has some good restaurants, a nice aquarium and one summer I took sailing lessons there.

If you're into slum tourism you can visit West Baltimore. Don't get out of your car.
>>
>>1119250
I won't have a car and am too young to rent one. Still worth visiting west baltimore? I'm hispanic.
>>
>>1119260
Yes for the first sentence.

That said, for just four days? Probably not. Washington D.C. is basically build for tourists. You could spend weeks there and not do everything.
>>
Baltimore isn't really as bad as most make it out to really be. Is it bad? kinda, but not 70's NYC bad though. Like others have said there are a few cool things to do. You have the Edgar Allen Poe house just west of downtown and east of downtown you have some cool little neighborhoods like Fells Point which is mostly good. However, like >>1119269 said, there is no reason to do a day-trip to Baltimore if you only have 4 days in D.C., that day could be much better spent in DC.
>>
>>1119273
B&O railroad museum.
>>
>>1119235
I went Baltimore while visiting DC. It was shit. There was one nice restaurant area by some water. Everything else was a ghetto
>>
>>1119235
You can see Edgar Allen Poe's house, that's a really easy trip to make via train.
>>
I live in Baltimore and there's some interesting things 2 do here. its not awful really
>>
>>1119235
I live in neighboring Delaware and have visited both Baltimore and DC numerous times. If you only have 4 days, stick to DC. There's so much cool stuff to see.
>>
No. I agree with other comment that DC is built for tourists. There's the Smithsonian (free), tons of national monuments, some good nightlife (DuPont Circle), easily enough restaurants and different food to eat a ton of different cuisines to eat something different every meal. I suggest food trucks which congregate around parks at lunch time (Farragut Park is one of them, 17th and K NW), Cuba Libre (expensive), five guys (if you are out of country, if you have it in your locality, don't bother). Georgetown is a day trip in of itself to see $6 dollar cupcakes and how the richest Americans live. If you are really into seeing poor beat down neighborhoods simply travel to Eckington or Edgewood, nothing special Baltimore vs. DC. You could also easily travel to Virginia to see the national cemetery, far closer than Baltimore.

Baltimore isn't bad for a day, the downtown is kinda anemic, but the area around John Hopkins is really nice. That said, it will be dead during the summer. If you were there for 2 weeks I'd say yes, with 4 days, definitely not worth your time.
>>
Do you like gunshot tourism? Then sure!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.