[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm traveling through Eastern and Central Europe with my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: glory to ukraine.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
glory to ukraine.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
I'm traveling through Eastern and Central Europe with my girlfriend for 22 days this summer.
Can /trv/ critique our itinerary and offer suggestions as far as switching cities, the number of days, or general recommendations in the following places?

The days in Ukraine are more or less set in stone and my girlfriend will have a visa from Slovakia so we need to visit there as well.
We also both want to visit Prague...but otherwise, I am very much open to suggestions.

>Kyiv, Ukraine - 5 days
>Lviv - 2 days
>Uzhgorod - 1 day
>Poprad, Slovakia - 2 days
>(Bratislava - 1 day)
>Prague - 4 days
>Cesky Krumlov - 1 day
>Krakow, Poland - 4 days
>Krakow -> Lviv ->Kyiv - 1 day to travel back
>Kyiv - 1 day

One question I have is whether Bratislava worth visiting, or if it would be better to stay one more day elsewhere, or visit another city such as Wroclaw, Poland?
>>
I've been to Bratislava for like 4 hours and thought it was plenty.

btw, Krakow is really small. Really nice but really small.
>>
>>1118699
I'm interesting in something in this region.
Why not Lublin, anon?
>>
>>1118758
>Why not Lublin, anon?
I actually asked about Lublin in a /v4/ thread on /int/ and I was told to skip it for Krakow.
>>
>>1118699
Why don't you swing by Warsaw and say hi?

I'd love the chance to cuck you and fuck your girlfriend for a while after she tells you she's going out to the "store."
>>
>>1118980
>acting like a spastic faggot because "muh karachan"
>>
No Bulgaria?
>>
>>1118980
What can you recommend in Poland?
>>1119091
M-maybe next year
>>
>>1119097
>>1118980
>What can you recommend in Poland?
Sorry, I meant Warsaw. (sage)
>>
>>1118987
There's so many of those fucking gimnazjum karachan retards now on 4chan. Apparently shitposting here is like a rite of passage to them.
>>
Prague = 4 days is a good estimate to see everything
Český Krumlov = do you have one whole day or only 5 hours? If one whole day and you can walk a lot then it is enough. I'd say 5 hours to really see everything is way too low.
>>
>>1119359
cont.

Bratislava is not that great for tourists sadly :( I'd say 3 hours is enough.

"We also both want to visit Prague...but otherwise, I am very much open to suggestions." if you need any tips, let me know, I'll gladly give you some information where to eat, where to go, what to avoid.
>>
Definitely go to Wroclaw over Bratislava. Wroclaw is beautiful and there's lots to see. Bratislava is fine but it's not exceptional or special in any way.
>>
>>1119359
>Český Krumlov = do you have one whole day or only 5 hours?
Yes, we will be there for a day and hopefully stay the night.
>>1119360
Thanks for your advice -- now I am thinking Wroclaw, or maybe Lublin (?), might be a better option (re: >>1119404 ) and maybe I could visit Bratislava along with Budapest and Vienna in the future.
>>
>>1118699
>>Prague - 4 days
2 days are enough

Also, don't waste all your time in the cities and enjoy the partly unaffected nature
>>
File: 20160125_122224.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160125_122224.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1118699

Always makes me sad when i see photos of this monument.

Such a beautiful thing, which is just absolutely trashed and always covered with some disgusting graffiti under the guise of a 'political message'. People seem to forget that thousands upon thousands of men died fighting for something that wasn't even theirs to defend.

Looking at it up close you can see little spots of different colored paint all over it, in the places that the cleaners cant properly get, the surface of the monument is getting so scuffed by the continual cleaning that the details are beginning to get worn away.

Like i don't really care about the skate park being there, desu good multiple uses of public space. Its not a monument that promotes hatred or a specific world view, its not a monument to Russia and while it might be somewhat Soviet centric it doesn't have a bunch of hammer and sickles over it, it doesn't venerate Soviet leaders and it doesn't contain any more Russian centric propaganda than a normal monument would have.

Its good that the government in Bulgaria does provide upkeep on it, showing that some people do actually care about the monument and what it represents.

Sorry, rant over.
>>
>>1119614
>Celebrating your occupiers
>>
>>1119614
>People seem to forget that thousands upon thousands of men died fighting for something that wasn't even theirs to defend.
They died fighting for the Soviet landgrab. Please don't buy into the "liberator" bullshit, it's as much of an occupant army as any other.
>>
>>1118699
>my girlfriend will have a visa from Slovakia so we need to visit there as well
Can you please explain this?

What do you plan to do in Poprad?

Bratislava is like lesser version of the surrounding capitals. It's probably safe to skip, but it has few things going for it: its less touristy and the Little Carpathians are close. Malé Karpaty make great place for one day bike trip.

Ask me more if you are interested.
>>
>>1119614
I'm somewhat torn on this. On one hand, I hate to see monuments primitivized like this. On the other, it's not only symbol of victory against the oppression of fascism, but also of soviet (russian) dominance. It's especially striking when one cannot really contrast it with modern Bulgarian (or whichever post-communist country) monuments - there rarely are any.
>>
I live in Bratislava and there is some stuff to see, depends on what you're into.

If you like culture there isn't that much to see in Bratislava for more then few hours (unless you're really into galeries). If you're more into nature then there are places around town you can easily chill for a day.
>>
>>1119990
>Can you please explain this?
According to her, she is getting an invitation along with her visa from somewhere in Slovakia (near Bardejov) and we have to stay there for two or three days.

It seems as though we will probably not stay in Poprad anymore, although I would really like to hike mountains somewhere like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JvXMI6yTuc -- is something like this possible near Bardejov?

Maybe we will hike Hoverla in Ukraine and see the Carpathian mountains there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.