[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What European countries dislike tourists the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1444764716526.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444764716526.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Traveling to Europe, would like to know where the locals won't hate me.

Have friends in Iceland, they absolutely fucking despise tourists. Similarly in rural Norway, the villages near all the fjords like Flàm, they're really sick of tourists.
>>
>>1116475
>Have friends in Iceland, they absolutely fucking despise tourists

They would be a third world country without tourism. I'm pretty sure they like all of the things that tourists bring with them, i.e. money.
>>
>>1116475
I don't have to go to France to know the Frenchies hate tourist
>>
>>1116496
word.
>>
>>1116540
cuz most of these niggers aint able to speaking any other language but french

>spitonthefloor.jpg
>>
>>1116540
>>1116605
No they don't; France is the most popular tourist destination in the world and most young people speak at least some English. Look at the websites for attractions and you'll see French, English, Spanish, sometimes German and Russian, too.
>>
>>1116475
it depends less on the country than it does on the region. places with an oversaturation of tourists, e.g. the balearic islands, southern spain, southern france, normandy, brittany, rome, tuscany, the area around neuschwanstein, paris, prague etc. may be less welcoming towards you than places that don't get as many tourists. large cities like paris are less negatively affected by tourist masses than rural areas that have a low population and overrun by them so even though they get a lot of tourists, you less likely to be unwelcome in bigger cities.
small places that get many tourists are often dependent on the income they get from them though and thus will also usually treat you well.
there is no reason not to visit a place you want to go just because you heard people there don't like tourists
>>
File: disgusted meme frog.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted meme frog.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>1116475
Who cares if the locals like me? I go somewhere to see shit, not seek somebody's approval. I rarely ever need to interact with a local other than ordering food at a restaurant or telling the taxi driver my destination
>>
>>1117758
>using taxi
use public transport pleb
>>
>>1116475
My only really bad experiences were in Rome. Wow, people were such cunts over and over again.

In Paris, which I was feared would be full of hateful bastards, people were actually friendly and talkative, IME.
>>
>>1117815

I was just in Paris and Rome both last week. I too was shocked by how nice people were in Paris. I opened every conversation in French by saying, "Sorry, my French is shit," and it usually got a chuckle followed by English. I think the people are just really proud of their language, and if you're willing to show you respect that, they're cool.

I didn't have any issues in Rome, though. Sorry to hear you did. I think I said two phrases the whole time, haha.

First international tripfag here.
>>
Barcelona hates tourists, as evident in all the passive aggressive anti-tourism graffiti. They won't say anything to your face though.

I've heard Corsicans are standoffish but I've never been
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.