[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So long story short.. in a week I'll be in Bangladeshi capital

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-05-17-19-25-57-812979702.png (1KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-17-19-25-57-812979702.png
1KB, 290x174px
So long story short.. in a week I'll be in Bangladeshi capital Dhaka at the request of my company. Not familiar at all.

And the funny thing is I know that my services will not be needed. So I'll have 1-2weeks of doing nothing. What the hell I will spend my time doing I have noo idea.

Is anyone familiar with this country? This city? A search online basically told me every bad thing I could imagine now how about some actual feedback.
>>
>>1116032
Never been but I hear they eat a lot of fish. I hope you like seafood.
>>
>>1116032

Not a particularly friendly tourist destination OP, just in terms of they dont have a lot of toúrist infastructure because its not a huge tourist destination.

There's stuff to see though, a fair few historįcal sites in Dakar and ive heard cox's bazaar and the beach around it is one of the best bëaches with fairly low tourism in the řegion.
>>
Make sure to post on /pol/ while you're there so they can collect the flag.
>>
>>1116036
Shit

>>1116041
I don't know if I'll make the out of the city but I would love to see exotic things. And by exotic I mean historical or cultural not exotic like a violent political protest

>>1116060
It's on my to do list
>>
>>1116062

>not exotic like a violent political protest

Bangladesh is actually quite safe and doesn't have much civil strife.

The recent news of ISIS supporters beheading people in the city is so over reported, Bangladesh has a huge moderate population that for decades hasn't been susceptible to terrorism and islamisation (compared to like Pakistan and Indonesia).

Probably the most dangerous thing is getting mugged in the city, but this is normally easily avoided by keeping out of seedy areas and local knowledge.

>I don't know if I'll make the out of the city

Shame, it might even be worth it if you get the weekend off or something to get out, flights probably aren't that expensive to fly to somewhere and it might be nice to go somewhere there aren't many tourists.
>>
File: P1070434.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1070434.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Kemon Achen!

You need to go to the Hotel Pacific and look for a guide named Abdul Rahman (pic related).

He's an English speaking guide and for like 500tk to 200tk (gradually declining), basically whatever you want to give him for the day, he will drive your ass around on the rickshaw and help you do whatever you need to do.

You gotta go mourn at the national language monument, you need to go to Sadarghat and do a boat trip, drink a lot of chai, hang out in the university area, go to the secret pitch-black bars in office towers, buy some weed at the night market if you want, go to the museums and to the flower market. You can get cheap electronics at the stadium too. I know it sounds weird. not sure if you're into photography but here are some contemporary photos of what you can expect: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ttlbd/

I overstayed my visa in BD. Had to get an extension. The process of getting the extension in itself took up a fair bit of time. Top 5 country for me. Love BD.
>>
>>1116096
Bhalo
Perfect these are the types of things I'm interested in. Does this guide work at the Pacific or just hangs around there?

I wish I could hear more about your time there
>>
I was in Dhaka a few months ago. Surprisingly, it's not as big of a shithole I thought it would be. The hotel I stayed at even had a bar and hookers. They weren't that great looking though, but still I got curious about how it would be to be with a brown Muslim girl. Expect to be stared at everywhere if you're white. They barely see any foreigners, even in Dhaka. But this isn't actually a bad thing, they are genuinely curious, and unlike India, you won't get swarmed by beggars either.

Try to take a few days off and go to the Sundarbans. Worth the visit.
>>
File: P1070443.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
P1070443.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>1116101
yeah he hangs out there, you dont have to stay there. or you can stay there one night and he'll take you to another hotel thats cheaper.

I was there like 10 years ago, I'm sure its changed a buttload.
>>
>>1116272

I've been to India six or seven times and I fucking love that picture. If the Bong visa weren't such an expensive pain to get for thirty days, I'd probably have already visited.

Went to Kolkata in December and January and loved it. Have to imagine I'd love Dhaka as well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.