[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toronto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1462549756168.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1462549756168.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
What is there to do in this city? I'm from buffalo and I'm going to Toronto, Canada in a couple weeks to see a Yankees game. Ironically Toronto is considerably closer than New York City so I'm going to cross the border to see a game.
I'm coming with my brother and our girlfriends, we're considering staying a night or 2 and maybe stay for the whole series.
What's some stuff to do in Toronto? I've looked at basic tourist websites but I want some first hand info

Is the CN tower worth seeing? The aquarium? The brewery? Bars and night life? Any info is much appreciated
>>
>>1115836
CN tower is expensive but it's something to do I guess. If you make a reservation at the 360 restaurant getting up is free. The restaurant rotates around so you get a 360 view. If you want to shell out for something thrilling do the edge walk. Its a good adrenalin rush
Rogers centre is pretty underwhelming, the aquarium is cool, I'd say on par with the one in Chicago. Night life would be King Street west area
Also Toronto doesn't have many shitty hotels, even the 3 stars are nice
>>
>>1115836
HAPPY GROUNDHOGS DAY
>>
>>1115854
>king street West

Congrats on picking the absolute shittest, douchiest place in Toronto to go party... unless you like greasy paki dude bros from the 905, light beer, and top 40 nigger music, avoid King West like the plague. Literally go anywhere else.
>>
>>1115856
The only redeeming quality of Yonge and Dundas are the strip clubs
And
Queen street west is all u of t fags
>>
>>1115873
You literally never left the center of the center of downtown area if those are the places you choose
>>
File: firewatch.gif (2MB, 848x499px) Image search: [Google]
firewatch.gif
2MB, 848x499px
I'm from Buffalo and I like to just walk around central downtown, like Chinatown and shit. High park is nice. I wish we would annex Toronto. Or I wish Buffalo had a competent fucking downtown. We also need more Asians.
>>
>>1115836
Don't visit Fallsview, it is flashy but the slots are wayyyyy looser in Seneca
>>
>>1115836
I liked kensington market and chinatown. Going down by the lake is nice. I personally wouldn't go up in the CN tower again. You can see pretty far but I guess i don't care about that. Definitely go stand under it though.
>>
File: Gooktown.jpg (766KB, 4157x2771px) Image search: [Google]
Gooktown.jpg
766KB, 4157x2771px
Everything "interesting" you see in Toronto can be found in other cities, except done better. It's a meme city on /trv/ for a reason.

PS: If you're a white North American, you will be a minority in Toronto.
>>
>>1115855
This post will be underrated.
>>
>>1115992
Okay but I AM going so I'm asking for suggestions on what to do
>>
>>1115836
Toronto is literally and unironically the worst so-called global city. Worse even than Vancouver.
That being said, there are big sports franchises there, typically a good music event, and the high brow food scene is one of the better on the continent (can't compare to NYC or Seattle but still good).
If you're into cities, some cool things to see would be the old distillery district, which has been gentrified and has some cool stuff there, and St. Lawrence housing coop downtown. The redevelopment of Regent Park is sort of cool too, I guess.
I'd also recommend a stroll along the waterfront, Queen's Quay has some pretty interesting stuff going on.
Don't bother with the suburbs, don't bother with the Don Valley, and don't pay too much for food unless you're going to one of the fine dining establishments.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.