[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

West coast of USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 2000px-US_West_Coast.svg.png (321KB, 2000x1301px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-US_West_Coast.svg.png
321KB, 2000x1301px
We are visiting the part around LA from Europe for 2 weeks. What are some neat things for NEET's like us?
>>
File: europe-us-overlay-map.jpg (82KB, 618x405px) Image search: [Google]
europe-us-overlay-map.jpg
82KB, 618x405px
la=/=west coast

la to seattle is further than madrid to amsterdam
>>
>>1115079
L.A.? Why? Go to San Francisco, see some national parks in NorCal (yosemite, redwoods), do Highway 1 (santa cruz, santa barbara, hearst castle area), wine country (sonoma if you're a NEET). MAYBE drive down to Anaheim if you really need to see Disneyland. If you go that far you might as well spend a couple days in San Diego/Coronado/La Jolla.
>>
>>1115097

This. Hit norcal starting in san francisco. If you can drive, go north to humboldt bay n explore around there. BEAUTIFUL country up there!
>>
>>1115097
>>1115101
I'll check out the parks, from pictures they look really beautiful. Are there any museums worth checking out around there?
>>
>>1115164
Griffith Observatory is pretty cool

As far as parks, Yosemite is a long drive from LA, but Sequoia/King's Canyon is amazing and is only like 4 hours from LA. But if you don't mind the drive definitely get to Yosemite if possible
>>
>>1115164
The aquarium in Monterey is pretty sweet

Winchester Mystery House in santa clara is pretty unique but it'll be packed

There's a pretty cool museum in San Jose but I can't remember the name of it. Last time I was there it was painted ocmpletely orange
>>
I'm flying out to LA tomorrow from Texas for work. Let's meet up. I've only been to LA once when i was a young teen. I'll be at the aloft el segundo
>>
>>1115097
Has a point. You really don't need to see LA. Chances are it will be a major letdown from what you expect it to be. It's not the sunny easygoing California you imagine. More like a flat sprawl of smog made up of smaller cities that bleed into each other to create a greater jumbled LA area. Really not worth Your time. Hollywood is shit. Santa Monica is shit. Maybe check out venice beach but if you really want to experience southern California check out San Diego or Santa Barbara. But I second checking out San Francisco, its probably the coolest city on the west coast and is a much better place to visit.
>>
>>1115295
Jesus fuck that was the best you could come up with?

Also
>Fly in from Europe
>To see the winchester mystery house

Holy.shit top kek

At least go to moma, de young, acadeny of sciences, or the legion in SF
>>
>>1115729
Have you ever been to Santa Monica?
>>
File: durr.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
>>1115737
>Fly in from Europe
>To see art museums
>mfw
>>
Santa Monica is not shit. Beautiful spot with great resturants.

I would go to Santa Barbara: see the rose garden at the mission, funk zone (great for trying southern California style breweries)
If continuing up north San Luis Obispo is nice
>>
>>1116919
yes and it's a cancerous place, like most of the LA area
>>
>>1116933
I hate LA but I can still admit that Santa Monica is pretty fucking nice.
>>
>>1115729
>But I second checking out San Francisco, its probably the coolest city on the west coast

Why do people say this? Wtf is so special about SF? I think Portland and Seattle and even Venice Beach are so much more fun to visit than SF.
>>
>>1116933
i'm honestly really sorry you're poor
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.