[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acapulco spring break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (323KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
323KB, 500x484px
Here's the deal: I'm a 19 year old college kid who wants to have a damn fun spring break. My uncle owns a house down in Acapulco and generally wants me to come down and visit family. Considering most of my family is from Guerrero, it's meaningful to visit down there. But the dilemma is I keep up with the news and keep hearing pretty ugly stuff about the area, even for tourists. Is it still sprawling with cartels to where I shouldn't go at all? Also, I might have friends interested in coming with me, would it be too dangerous for them?
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
Yeah, Acapulco basically has the biggest cartel presence that's far from the US border...and it's because of all the Western tourists who become their customers.
>>
>>1088713
So I'm guessing bad vacation spot for my young white American friends huh?
>>
>>1088763
Generally the areas with the biggest cartel presence are the safest, pretty much opposite of what youd think. All that tourist shit? The cartels either are taxing those businesses or outright own it.

The more crime committed against tourists in their areas of control, the less tourists that will visit and thus the less money they make. So they actually act as a sort of police - petty thiefs who get caught probably wind up being tortured to death.

So yeah. Its "safe", as long as you and your friends dont treat the place as your personal playground and basically shit all over everything. Be a good goy customer and everything will be fine.
>>
>>1088767
Huh, didn't think about it like that. Appreciate it mate. Cheers.
>>
>>1088767
Kek. The main cartel in Acapulco disintegrated into dozens of feuding gangs. It's chaos there, murders are through the roof at the moment. You can count the local police as one of these gangs too.
>>
>>1088456
Personally, I would go to Puerto Vallarta or Baja.

Acapulco is still an important touristic destination even with the tough stuff there
>>
Have you considered Los Cabos and Cancun? Heaven for springbreakers and safer than acapulco
>>
maybe you can try somewhere else, Sayulta in Nayarit its amazing, also Puerto Vallarta, just dont go cancun is like another city of the us
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.