[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/ Year in Review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

Now that we are securely into 2016, let's reflect on some of our favorite and least favorite /trv/ threads, posts, posters,and trends of 2015. Also share travel stories, pictures, and highlights of 2015.
>>
That thread where the woman came here seeking information on how to contact her boyfriend in Mexico, who went missing. Some thought she was trolling and turned out she was for real and her boyfriend died.
>>
>>1080446
All I gots to say is never trust tour guides in Peru...
>>
Can someone please post screencaps of that one guy who broke down crying while carrying luggage, let his girlfriend get taken to a hotel and got cucked as a result?
>>
>>1080462
link to news article?
>>
>>1080484
There was a link the thread it originally appeared in
>>
Who was the RealTravelerâ„¢ of 2015? I nominate the Polish guy who biked down to South Africa.
>>
>>1080590
+1, that was a seriously interesting thread

That was like a multi-year thing, right? Because there's no way you could make that trip now without skipping over Syria. Or did he catch a ferry across the med?
>>
I vote for the jeep trip from France to Afghanistan and back
>>
>>1080604
Nah he posted on /b/ first; the hell with him.

Was this the year we succeeded in driving away kuzu for good?
>>
I guess it was my peak year. From June-December I went to 10 foreign countries. Travelled about 40,000 miles, half in the air, half on the ground, went to 32 US states and 2 Candian provinces, took the train from Helsinki to Hong Kong.
>>
>>1080462
I recall the guy, ran afoul of some drug smugglers while biking on a road he was told to keep off of after dark by the military. But I don't recall his gf being here... It's possible she spammed every travel forum she could find.

>>1080664
He's been around a couple times.
>>
>>1080462
>>1080484
Here is the archive
http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1013815/#1013815

>>1080751

Not sure if this is the same case. A lot of people die in Mexico
>>
>no mention of that trainhopper
>no mention of that guy with the temporarily broken down RV

For shame. Both were pretty cool threads.
I remember in that first thread there was a guy trying to ascertain whether it was feasible to trainhop around the US and let people pay him to suck him off. If there's a category for most intriguing derail, that'd be my nomination.
>>
File: sam_3031.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
sam_3031.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Yesterday was exactly one year since I did this
>>
I was fond of Maritius dude
>>
>>1080781
I'm OP. I definitely had those in mind, but didn't want to blow the thread's load mentioning everything myself. So I just went with Mexico. I knew Peru was going to get an early mention by someone as well.
>>
>>1080590
That guy did his trip a few years back actually, before the war in Syria even started. His trip was great, no doubt, but it wasn't 2015, just mentioned last year.
>>
>>1080791
are you the fingernails dude?
>>
I made a road trip from Richmond Virginia to Missoula via Denver and back via Detroit. My thread about it didn't generate interest, but I fatshamed myself into dropping 30 pounds in 30 weeks from putting the photos on a forum as public as 4chan.

>all I had to do was change psych meds
>>
>>1080812
Glad I'm being remembered for my exploits.
>>
>>1080851 it was more the autistic guy freaking about your nails that I remembered. I thought they were a hair long, but very clean for length, and would not have noticed them but for that other person. your photo jogged my memory because of the really long train but I can't honestly remember shit about the thread besides that, though I'm on an antiepileptic that friend my memory. totally worth it, same drug made me lose a bunch of weight and stop drinking, along with killing my migraines
>>
They seemed to have died, but I liked all he stories and such that came with the birth of the Thailand Generals, like Black Papasan
>>
I think Peru cuck gets it. Anybody remember the thread number to that thread? Or what the original subject was supposed to be?
>>
Seconding the trainhopper thread. That was an interesting one to read.
Anyone have the archive of it?
>>
>>1080791
story?
>>
>>1080446

Didn't get to travel a whole lot in 2015.

>November 2014 - January 2015 - India
>August 2015 - Septembrr 2015 - Colombia
>December 2015 - present - India, also spent a week in Bangkok

Going to Mexico next Wednesday even though I'll basically be broke. Either I'll break up with my girlfriend and travel all summer through spring, or we'll stay together and I'll get an internship and go to Brazil or something for a couple months in November.

Going home from India on Wednesday. I lived in Delhi for a year or so and have a lot of friends I'm saying good-bye to, so I'm not feeling on top of the world - most of my buddies in the US are in the Peace Corps or medical school, so it's just going to be me by myself.

I'd stay through April or May if I didn't have a girlfriend back home. My relationship is basically the biggest stressor I have right now. I don't know if this lifestyle and that kinda thing go well together.

Sorry for the blog post. There's my summary of the last year-ish.
>>
>>1083422
A blog post is the point. Thanks for contributing
>>
>>1080736
Budget anon?
>>
>>1083422
Going to India soon...is it a bad time to go?
>>
File: googlelocation.jpg (192KB, 687x388px) Image search: [Google]
googlelocation.jpg
192KB, 687x388px
>>1083588

Something like £15,000 in total, probably over 2/3rds of that spent in the USA. I was there for 80 days and towards the end I was just throwing money around because I didn't think I could be bothered with the asia trip. Spent a week longer than planned in NYC and got a nice hotel, went to the US Open. And I was drinking heavily.
>>
>>1083590

Depends on where you're going. The weather is started to warm up in a bad way, but you'll still have a few months before monsoon starts to hit the coast.

Winters in Delhi are great, albeit sometimes unpleasantly chilly in the evenings.
>>
>>1083631

planning to be in Mumbai next month, head down the coast to the tip, pop ovr to Sri Lanka then back up to the northern states.
>>
>>1083783

That's probably the best way to go, if you're starting in Mumbai and want to see the South without turning into a burning mess. Depending on where you're from, you might find the weather in April to be quite uncomfortable all across the country, save for the northern and northeastern states.
>>
>>1083083
Thirding this

Sounds like an interesting read
>>
>>1083829

I love the heat to be honest. I'd much rather be hot than cold or wet. I'm from Canada.
>>
The guy that rode his bike quite a distance across Europe. Pitched tents, slept in barns when it was raining. Ate beans on a little gas stove that he took. Wasn't even going to take a camera but a mate gave him a shitty quality camera with a fish lens. Took about 20ish photos for the whole trip I think. The photos were beautiful, easily my favourite thread from 2015. Would love to see the photos again
>>
>>1080446
bump
>>
File: 1318805929001.jpg (59KB, 523x700px) Image search: [Google]
1318805929001.jpg
59KB, 523x700px
My favourite thread was either the guy who cycled cheaply from Germany across Europe or the guy who crossed Africa in a jeep. Really inspirational travel stories that make you want to travel more.

Here's my boring blog post: I moved to Paris to teach in an international school in September.

I found a qt French girlfriend but desu I'm not really enjoying it that much here. I've met some people but none of them are really good friends. Paris seems kind of cold compared to other cities I've lived in. I'm a bit lonely.

:(
>>
>>1085249
Where are you from?
>>
>>1085281
England.
>>
>>1085401
If it's like they are with Americans they seem to have an aversion to English speakers, if not outsiders in general.
>>
>>1085249
>>1086194
England is our best enemy.
Well, it's kind of sad, what are you teaching here?
>>
>>1087192
In a primary school. I'm teaching a year 4 class (ce2).
>>
>>1087294
I thought that teachers were always buddy buddy with each other. Especially in primary school.
In which school are you teaching?
>>
File: 1361690085097.gif (309KB, 117x142px) Image search: [Google]
1361690085097.gif
309KB, 117x142px
I nominate my thread about "post your info about your country". It reached 200+ posts and died out.

Do you guys want me to remake it and dump all the info I've saved?
>>
File: engurishtechur.jpg (922KB, 2046x1341px) Image search: [Google]
engurishtechur.jpg
922KB, 2046x1341px
>>1080446
The pasty loser school was epic.
>>
>>1088165
yes please
>>
>>1083077
I remember. I will never forget. Someone link us up.
>>
>>1085249
My first couple of years teaching at an international school I was a borderline alcoholic. Unhealthy yes, but I managed to integrate well into the local expat community as I relentlessly abused my liver.

Basically, I understand your pain and the only solution I have for you is booze.
>>
Easily the Peru cuck, God bless him.
>>
>>1080791
I'd really like to hear the story behind this photo and the Peru cuck story, if anyone could be so kind.
>>
>>1088549

It's a stupid meme that needs to die.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.