[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /trv/ I am going to Brussels, Bruges, Maastricht, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1324256627816.jpg (279KB, 2000x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1324256627816.jpg
279KB, 2000x1690px
Hello /trv/

I am going to Brussels, Bruges, Maastricht, and Amsterdam for a comparative government trip between March 4th and 14th. I am from the US midwest, and I have never left the country, but I have travelled to most of the US states. I am wondering what I need to know about international travel, specifically in Belgium and The Netherlands. My daily itinerary is filled from 10AM to about 4PM with trips to government buildings and meetings and classrooms, but after 4PM I am free to do as I please. I'm 29 years old and this is part of a Masters Program, so I will be very independant and I don't need to stay with the group or any of that jazz that often plagues undergrads on study away trips.

So, What should I do? What should I know? Any great places I should check out in those cities or events during that time frame?

Much appreciated. Pic unrelated.
>>
File: 1327137666361.jpg (1MB, 2160x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1327137666361.jpg
1MB, 2160x1306px
OP here,

I forgot to mention I am a guy, and I will be bringing about 1000Euros for spending money and my hotels/travel/meals are paid for.

Pic still unrelated.
>>
>>1070126
it would be nice if you wore something other than khakis, boat shoes and a north face.
>>
Belgium - beer
The Netherlands - weed

The cars are going to be smaller, and people are going to speak other languages than English.
>>
>>1070167
I don't even own any of those things.

>>1070202
A little sparse, but thanks.
>>
>>1070126

Maastricht is great for going out as it's a student city. You cannot buy weed there but you can go to smart shops to get mushrooms. You're also very close to Belgium (Liège is 30 km away) and Germany (Aachen is about the same distance). There is a nightclub that is in an old Gothic church.

In Holland, stick to speaking English. Almost everyone knows it there. In Belgium it's best to speak it as well as, if you speak French or Dutch in the wrong area, people may be rude to you.

In both countries stick to trains, they go everywhere, they run often, not very cheap but reliable.

Captcha: waffles. Try gaufres in Belgium and stroopwafels in Holland!
>>
>>1070341
Thank you. I appreciate the info in the cities. I don't think I'll get the chance to go to any other than those in my itinerary, but if I do I'll for sure check out Aachen.

As for languages I only speak English and very poor German, so I'll stick to English.

Thanks for the food tips too. Stroopwaffels are b at the top of my list of things to try, and I'll be sure to check out gaufres.
>>
>>1070126
dude I live in amsterdam, I can get you any shit...
what government you here for?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.