[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just planned a trip to San Francisco /trv/ what am I in for.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: san-franc.jpg (318KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
san-franc.jpg
318KB, 1600x900px
Just planned a trip to San Francisco /trv/ what am I in for.

>driving there
>about a 5 hour drive
>never been anywhere out of my surrounding city (L.A)
>staying there for about a week or so
>>
>>1069598
If you meet a tall white homeless man with a shopping cart named Kevin in the mission say hello.
>>
>>1069598
shitty 'Full House' jokes everywhere you look
>>
You'll be lucky if you can find parking within five blocks of your destination. Bring a jacket. It's pretty much just a really crowded city...definitely check out the parks though, they are beautiful. My favorite part of last time I went was when I left across the Oakland bridge and I suddenly felt like someone took a lid off of me. That place is claustrophobic just to exist in. I'm from SD btw
>>
>>1069598
Nice. I'm actually going there this weekend for a music festival.
>>
>>1069749
Noice.

>>1069598
The restaurants are God-tier, I have heard. As far as touristy places are concerned, there is one interesting place at Fisherman's Wharf now called DUNGEONS San Francisco. It's a chain of attractions run by a British outfit and this is the first US location. It basically explores the dark history of the city. You experience first-hand what it's like to be shanghaied for instance.
>>
I'm also heading to San Francisco, although I'll be using public transportation.

>>1069787
> definitely check out the parks though, they are beautiful

Do you recommend any in particular? I've seen great photos of golden gate park.
>>
>>1069598
Go to Alcatraz island if you are into old prisons like a weirdo (me).
It's touristy, sure, but the tour is informative, self guided, and narrated by Steve Buchemi, or at least it was when I went.
The boat ride out is fun too, nothing like being out on the bay on a clear day.

Go to a hole in the wall Chinese place and prepare to have your mind blown
>>
>>1070176
Buena vista park, corona heights park, Alamo square, the presidio, Dolores park, twin peaks, San Bruno mountain (just south of SF), lands end, fort funston, lake merced, golden gate, etc are all nice and worth a visit if you have a lot of time in the city
>>
>>1069950
For restaurants, get the Michelin guide for this year. Not many cities in the world have the guide but we do in SF. Lots and lots of amazing food ranging from taquerias to $500+ tasting menus
>>
>>1069950
>>1070205

Treat yourself to lunch at Francis Ford Coppola's restaurant in North Beach. Cafe Zoetrope is in a cool old flatiron building that he used to walk be every day as a kid. Once in a while he comes in and does the cooking himself. Take the cannoli.

And try and book ahead for Alcatraz. I went (admittedly in high season) and couldn't get a ticket (NPS limits the number per day). Supposed to be one of the top three tourist attractions in Cali.

If you want to get the layout of the city, don't be too cool to take one of the Big Bus-type tours. Good for first-timers (like I was).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.