[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in a small town in the US with no jobs. I have $500 to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1452216515407.jpg (18KB, 480x395px) Image search: [Google]
1452216515407.jpg
18KB, 480x395px
I live in a small town in the US with no jobs. I have $500 to my name. I have no job experience, have never worked. I want to start traveling. Would it be possible? I figure I have nothing to lose. What are some places with good job prospects?
>>
There is nothing more liberating than having nothing to lose. Of course you could lose your life so your statement isn't completely true. My advice is catch a greyhound bus to your nearest major city whether it's Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta or New York. Stay in a cheap hostel while you search for an apartment. Use the hostel to make connections for jobs or roommates. McDonalds will hire you if all else fails. $500 will buy you maybe 3 weeks. Good luck.
>>
What is your level of education?
>>
>>1069042
High School. The closest college to me is like 45 miles away and my car is 34 years old and barely runs.
>>
File: fam.gif (161KB, 921x155px) Image search: [Google]
fam.gif
161KB, 921x155px
>>1069031
>>
Out of curiosity, what is the nearest big city to you? might help with some suggestions
>>
>>1069060
Nashville would be the closest.
>>
OP here. How would somewhere like Miami be if I stay in a hostel while looking for a job?
>>
Start working the seasonal hospitality/outdoor job circuit.

I'm currently working at a ski lodge in Utah and you sound like one of my coworkers. She's 19, from a little town in NJ, never really had a job before and no real inkling to go to college so now she's working as a housekeeper this winter and lining up a summer camp job later.

That's how most of us got started. Pushing brooms, folding sheets or washing dishes. Then you move your way up with experience.

Check out coolworks and start looking at the various jobs available.
>>
>>1069062
Nashville native here. Moved to Oklahoma last summer. Nashville is getting expensive. $500 won't last very long. Blame growing tourism and the large influx of people moving to the city. Although there is plenty to do, if you find any job that isn't fast food, you'll make an decent wage. Travel-wise, $500 won't do you any good there. Better off going to Atlanta or Jacksonville probably.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.