[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which places did you feel to be most content in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: 781237823178.jpg (112KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
781237823178.jpg
112KB, 1152x768px
The reason can be anything from the people, nature, losing your viginity, having feeling of being on top of your life, freedom, independence, whatever.

I'll start. For me it has to be the sunset at nepal. I don't know why but it truly deep down made me very peaceful and I felt as if all my problems were gone. I've felt like this in other places but the sunset in nepal was the one where I felt it the strongest.
>>
>>1066593
Skiing in the Alps and then getting home to food and wine on the table
>>
Bagan.
Best sunset there and I lost my virginity to a travel buddy I love deeply.

St Petersburg.
First time to see snow.

BEIJING.
No big reason. This is my first place I traveled to.
>>
>>1066593
I am most content anywhere tat I can be relatively warm and on a boat. On a relatively uncrowded beach gets an honorable mention. ut there is something about the feel of being on a boat that makes my soul happy.
>>
Seoul.

Cheap accommodation, transportation, food and alcohol, all in great abundance. I've never seen such a lively night life, either. Everything just feels exciting and enjoyable.
>>
>>1066595
>home
You live there? It always feels good after a nice workout to come back for some wining and dining.
>>
File: 6840692071_c982f3a087.jpg (216KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6840692071_c982f3a087.jpg
216KB, 500x375px
Inside the Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church in Berlin

Bright sunny day outside which was eclipsed by this beautiful blue light as soon as you stepped in, very quiet and peaceful.
>>
>>1066593
Home lol
>>
File: image.jpg (276KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 1000x667px
Spend two months in Cadiz, Spain. Really small harbour town, with lively and welcoming people. In the end I knew so many peeps I couldn't walk down the street without being several times greeted and stopped for a short talk by familiar faces . Felt really comfy, like one big family.
>>
>>1066593
I love the Swiss and German countrysides. I love nature.
>>
Naples. Just met some awesome people and chilled. Also had the flu which sucked.
>>
Malibu, CA
Probably because I sat on the beach and did nothing the whole day I was there. and Ioved it.
>>
>>1066838
I am from the German countryside :) I agree, it's beautiful, but people can be redneck-y
>>
File: Tallin.jpg (277KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tallin.jpg
277KB, 1200x800px
>>1066593
Tallinn, Estonia. I met great people, saw a lot of awesome stuff, fell in love with a German girl, and basically for five glorious days transformed form a social retard into a normal person. It's almost two years ago, and by far the best vacation I've been to, both before and after.
>>
Chiang Mai. I've been traveling for two months now and ended up spending the longest there. I consistently met amazing people and hooked up with white girls out of my league a few times. The place is just my speed somehow, and I've heard similar sentiments from others.
>>
Biking through the Tiergarten in Berlin
>>
Under the summer rain in Chang Mai.
Thailand wasn't really my cuppa, I liked Vietnam a lot more, but Chang Mai was the best to me. I felt so relaxed when it started pouring, the rain was so warm and heavy, like a shower. And the way the city smell after the rain. And the sounds.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 960x720px
Bishkek
>mountains, mountains, and mountains
>Asians speaking Russian
>very few tourists
>no heavy propaganda wars (like USA)
>off the grid

Also the face-to-phone society hasn't caught on in russian countries yet
>>
>>1066593
Been to the Grand Canyon a few months ago. It's an unparalleled sight, in my eyes. Once you take a good look at it, realise its vastness and scope - it's borderline spiritual. I remember being at peace and wouldn't have minded if the world ended right there.
>>
File: desert_view.jpg (216KB, 1164x832px) Image search: [Google]
desert_view.jpg
216KB, 1164x832px
>>1067616
forgot pic
>>
Sitting in the rain on a beach in Quintana Roo, Mexico. Can't explain how peacefully quiet it is, and how glad I was to share that with someone else /gaaaayyyyyy
>>
Not in order

1) Agdz, Morocco. While camping in the desert in early January, a countryside man walks up to us and starts chatting,being really friendly (we were worried, as we were smoking joints). He then guides us to an abandoned town nearby, all built with red sand. We ended up walking through this red-sand path, with palm trees and gardens (and the occasional donkey) at our sides, to get there. We start exploring the mosque and a Jewish man's house. Even if I risked my life there (The buildings are fragile and can crumble under your feet) I absolutely loved that place.

2) Prague. Spent a week just going from bar to bar, drinking beers and sharing joints, with whoever. Mostly tourists and expats, of many places around the world (US, Armenia, Italy, UAE, Sweden, Germany, Croatia, France, Mexico, Greece, Ivory Coast etc) but I hung out with some local skaters too. Also the fast foods open 24/7 and the general vibe of the city. I had to force myself to hitch-hike out.

3) Prishtina, Kosovo. I was in Croatia and wanted to hitch to Istanbul. two Kosovars, with Swiss citizenship, brought me all the way to a town 30 km from there. The driver paid for my hotel and a double breakfast served straight to my room. Next day I decide I might as well go to see the capital. I get a soft drink (it was August, awful heat) and these random guys decide to pay it for me. I hitch-hike and a guy driving a van offers me a couple of joints and tells me there is a Beer Fest that night. Once in Prishtina random people greet me on the street (even in the centre!!!), women wave at me from their cars while I'm randomly walking. End up staying in a hostel, mainly to drop my bag. Other travellers there talking about taking taxis so I ditch them to drink on my own and meet random people. Best decision ever. Dozens of random guys and gals asking for selfies, offering me beer and being very very friendly. I even fell in love at first sight with a local girl. We're still in touch to this day.
>>
>>1067699
where do you get the money to travel so much?
>>
>>1067713

I hitch-hike most of the time, don't pay for accommodation and eat in local restaurants. I live in northern Italy so the places I mentioned aren't too far (to Morocco you could get a Ryanair plane) and too costly to reach. My budget goes from 10 to 15 euros daily..

Anyway I travelled much because I unofficially took a gap year while in University. My parents are middle class and so give me a bit of money. I am becoming ashamed of my status so now I'm trying to gain money by doing online jobs and selling collectibles I find in my house.
>>
Thailand. It might sound cliche but I liked the party scene. I felt away from everything and didn't give a shit about anything. It was like I was on cloud nine.
>>
Venice. Off season

It's as serene as fuck. Sun going down, grand canal
The back streets, the turquoise canals

The lido, all of it
>>
Melbourne, Australia. I was broke as shit, but just got hired at a nightclub and spent all my days reading and working out. That's my baseline happy now and shortly after that life got even better. I loved my job, fucked different women every couple days, was making ridiculous money, etc.

Damn, now I sort of wish I took it more seriously when I was there
>>
Northern Ireland. The green hills and driving around felt great. At the end of it you find some small town. And just get in a random bar and have a grand ol'time. Sometimes the nature gave me deja vu. I think I've seen some of it in games or movies. It just felt great being there. For living it might not be the best.
>>
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Found it to be the quintessential backpacker experience, one of the best places personally for waking up in the morning and feeling complete freedom
>>
File: Harry_Perry.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Harry_Perry.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>1066593
>you got me in the feels
I guess that I dont travel to look for contentment? I am pretty content right now just sitting at my house. I think that I travel to try to understand life? To see different cultures and how the people live in different places. Taste different food, have different experiences. Its like I am trying to put a big never ending puzzle together inside of my head.
>>
It's gotta be Tokyo, Japan for me. I know it's not the typical backpacker place. But man just walking in the city at daylight or night time. Feels damn great. Clubbing to the late hours has a special feeling for me.
>>1069048
For the image it has I found it dirty.
>>1069057
Nothing wrong with that. But there's gotta be places where you just thought life is great.
>>
Christmas eve in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Down town at around 12am, and the streets were empty. I saw 1 other person, and 2 taxi drivers.

I had the whole city area to my self and the snow made it so peaceful.

The idea of being in a tiny country somewhere in the atlantic ocean made it feel even better.
>>
>>1068974
But isn't Venice a tourist trap? Honestly don't know. Because if it is, I would have a hard time enjoying it. I'd always have it in the back of my mind that I'am being used.
>>1069118
This is something that I want to do. And it just sounds great. Sounds very comfy. If I was going to visit two places I wouldn't mind the first one to be a party place and than for the second Iceland. To be comfy and calm down.
>>
Astoria OR.
Only there have I attained levels of comfy previously unknown to mankind.
>>
File: °+ (25).jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
°+ (25).jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
In Réunion Island, m8s
Until I was told "hey we're going to Réunion Island this summer" I barely knew the place existed and was French, then after two weeks there I didn't want to leave and miss it everyday ever since
>>
File: trst.jpg (450KB, 2321x1195px) Image search: [Google]
trst.jpg
450KB, 2321x1195px
I felt most at home in Trieste, Italy. Pic related. Austrian architecture, Italian people and Slovenian/Croatian food and drink. It's a weird mix, but it works. The center is pretty small, well-kept and I couldn't walk for more than ten/twenty minutes without encountering someone and having a chat. Moving to Italy is a nightmare according to all foreigners I met there, but I would consider doing so just to move there. I have never felt at ease as I have there. I would look out of the window in the morning, have breakfast, go to the bar to have an espresso.
>Ciao anon, come xe?
>The 816.000 years old barkeep knew my name and spoke to me in dialect.
Then I'd go to university (because I didn't just bum around there), have lunch with friends, go drinking at 5-6, and then go sit by the sea. The panorama of the gulf of Trieste seen from Molo Audace is etched into my mind forever. Fuck it, I'm buying a plane ticket to go there again. This is your doing, OP.

>>1069369
>Venice = tourist trap
Not him, but I've been there a lot of times. Basically, you're right and you're not. Even during the off season, there is a fuckton of tourists around. But it's way way calmer (livable, actually) and you get an idea of what a breathtakingly beautiful city it must have been once. It's sad. The city is still falling apart, the Venetians are among the most xenophic of all Italians (and that's saying a lot) and they have a reputation for ripping tourists off, but they can also be the coolest bros you've ever been around if you have some as friends. It's a weird city, and I wouldn't want to live there long-term, but understand the other anon's sentiment.
>>
>>1066593
Tokyo probably. I really like these kind of big, frenetic, chaotic cities. I also did Hong-Kong and Taipei, which were pleasant too, but not on the scale of Tokyo.

It is probably the best mix between order and chaos. Everything is so lively, always moving, day and night, yet I didn't find it stressful, there's a lot of parks (well, if you work there you'll probably feel the stress).
>>
>>1069402
>must have been once
I guess this adds to the place. Like when you see the pyramids or any other old ruined civilisation. You get a certain feeling which I can't really describe. But if sure feels good.
>>
Dublin: Everything about it I was happy with. I pint in the street like a civil human being chatting with hilarious people that are so laid back. Didn't rain once while I was there.

Paris: The second I stepped out of the station, a sudden feeling came over me that I can't explain. Such a romantic place and the people have so much character. Ate a ham and cheese baguette in front of Notre Dam.

Sydney: Bondi beach is amazing.

Niagra Falls (Canada): Riding into the falls on maid of the mist was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Italy: Going to a little town called anguillara sabazia where nobody spoke english and wandering the back streets of Florence (bought a leather jacket from a small shop)

Hawaii: Ohau, Having a Zombie drink at La Mariana Sailing Club (historic tiki bar) looking out at the ocean with a local old couple playing the piano singing frank sanatra in the background...chill.as.fuck.
>>
>>1069491
>noko
Oldfag? Newfag?
>>
>>1066593
Yeh bro I agree. I live in KTM, the sky looks lovely around sunset.
>>
>>1069505
Looks like old fag who typed noko in the wrong section in a different thread then forgot to change it later.
>>
>>1069048
Stop it Edwin!
>>
>>1067524
In Estonia right now, myself. Similar story but replace German girl with Estonian. Usually I talk soft, think a bit about my answers giving that "awkward silence" in America, sort of stay to myself around strangers, and after meeting people slowly open up.
Its all normal here, it makes me feel like a regular person rather than some socially awkward person.
For other people thinking about visiting I would suggest learning some basic Estonian at least. The younger generations know it decently, but the older ones don't. It'll save you when you're faced with questions such as which stop you're getting off the train at.
>>
sliema, malta

after a period of shittiness i felt happy again
>>
Santa Ana, Philippines. The very tippy top of the country. Secluded, quiet, rural and almost no foreign tourists (or at least not Asian).

Sat on a beach at a friends parents villa at 1am. No light pollution meant I could see the stars like never before. Hearing the crashing of the waves was hypnotic.

During the day, being white meant we were treated like kings because we were so wealthy by comparison. Going to the market and being stared at was surreal. I'm 6' 4" (about 190cm) and the shops at the market did not cater to that in a comedic fashion. All the shops had things hanging from the ceiling that they could walk under. I had to crouch walk through each shop. Lots of people were laughing but they had probably never seen somebody so tall. I was an outsider and everywhere I went it made me feel like one, but in a strange way it was also those moments that endeared me to them. I might have more money, but they don't have to look stupid when they want to buy a drink or some toffee.

Something about the simplicity of life they had, while largely down to circumstance, was enviable to me. My sunglasses cost more than they could earn in a year and it made me reflect quite deeply.

I'll never forget that place for multiple reasons but no other place in the world has made me feel so humbled.
>>
>>1070839
>Something about the simplicity of life they had
I'am sure there many places that will give the same experience you just explained. Of course for you it just happened to be Philippines, nothing wring I should add.
>was enviable to me
>made me feel so humbled
There are many places that give me that feeling. And sometimes I feel like I should just up and move there. Living a much simpler life. Sooner or latter I come back to reality from my daydreaming. And I'am sure of myself that I won't be able to live in those life standards, Or even like it. I might be able to adapt but I won't like it. Reality is much more different than a small visit. Especially when you visit a place versus living.
>>
>>1071175
Oh, absolutely. I'm far from the most well travelled person in the world though because I don't have much money but out of the places I've been (which are all very tourist-filled) it was like nothing else I've ever experienced.

I don't think I could live there for any length of time though. Two months, four, maybe even six, but eventually I think the life I'm used to would call me back. I've been living in a busy city for my entire life and as nice as it is to get away, my brain to too hard-wired in to that mindset. It's what I'm built to deal with.
>>
>>1071281
>>1071175
>>1070839
Shit like this is why I want to travel and why I want to do something simple, like live in a secluded monastery for a month or two just to get some peace and quiet. But being a realist I'll probably find the great lengths of time not having anything to do would bore the ever-loving shit out of me.

I'm envious of people whose lives are conditioned to appreciate everything around them, cause it seems the vast majority of people from more developed countries have this inability to deal with long periods of nothing.

I wish I could truly learn that.
>>
>>1069369
Just go in September or October.
It's busy in the main tourist bits but not bothersomely so. It's still mellow as fuck. It's an experience
And the best bits are all the back streets. Feels like the setting of a game or something
>>
>>1069402
You're right about it being sad. The first time I went the melancholy of it got to me a bit.
>>
Last summer I had the pleasure of watching the northern lights dance overhead as I sat around a campfire in Northern Canada with a group of friends, just drinking beer and enjoying each other's company. The place I stayed was a bit of a hick town and I think it has lots of problems, but because I was only there for the summer I really loved it. It felt so much more free than the UK. Now that I'm back, when I think of those sorts of memories I get a little happysad because my life in the UK is far more boring.
>>
Tokyo because damn I just love big cities and it can't get much bigger than that

Okinawa because of the weather+ocean
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.