[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /trv/ Going to kuala lumpur then singapore on June for 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (30KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30KB, 443x332px
hey /trv/

Going to kuala lumpur then singapore on June for 1 week, any ideas for places to go? I'm not the party kind of traveler not really into drinking and stuff, more on scenic shit like, temples, shrines museum, food trips and other shit.

Any travel tips, warnings, suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
If you want to check the Kuala Lumpur skyline out from above, go to the top of the petronas twin towers and not the tower; Since there are two towers its very unique that you get to see the building you are in next to you from the top.

In Singapore i would also recommend going up the marina bay sands at dusk. Its spectacular.

Ony went to the singapore state museum. Pretty interesting exhibition on the history of singapore.
>>
>>1064495
Do you have to pay something to get in the towers?
>>
>>1064495
going out into the dunes when it's getting dark in singapore sounds alarming to me?
>>
>>1064522
lol.
You dont really know Singapore, I guess?
There is no dunes, just the name of a new part of the city "reclaimed" from the sea. also, thanks to being a distopian police state, Singapore in general is really safe. Unless you try to smuggle drugs. then you will be safely executed…

Supposedly there is a really old museum in singapore made by the owner/ounder of "Tiger balm" about values or such, which is pushing a cringeworthy 60ies model of the world, but havent been to that myself. What I have checked out however, is the shopping malls. Where are you from, OP? Maybe coming from the US, they are harmless, but coming from Europe, that madness was worth seeing.

And do check out the various food courts! The singapore ones are much cleaner than the KL ones, but KL is mostly quite OK too. Try to find the non-touristy ones (in singapore). Best stuff I had there was in one in the indian part of town, hidden inside a slaugtherhouse.

Zoo is supposedly good, but I have only been to that garden thing at marina bay.

for KL, I reccomend checking out their government city, Putrajaya, just a few km outside of KL. A 100% planned (and mostly empty, as of 2011) city for the government. When I was there, you could get free bus tours with infos.

Cant remember exactly where it was, but there might also be some forrest-learning path with some agricultural research thing a bit outside of town, which I really enjoyed.

And there are plenty of temples to be found.
>>
>>1064549
>hidden inside a slaugtherhouse.

I'm not falling for that one m8
>>
>>1064549
Thanks, will try to look in on this places, that garden place now as i remembered was in the movie hitman agent 47, looks promising.

How to get to Putrajaya bus or train?
>>
>>1064554
forgot how we got there, but probably train or monorail? but I think the monorail was given up for the outskirts of KL.
Trains are working quite well, and are clean and new. busses are a bit of a lottery, but OK enough. Both are really cheap (for a foreigner)
>>
>>1064554
It can be a bit complicated because the train bus station is such a mess. I ended up taking the airport train it stopps half way. Then then local bus and Google maps. Do research before it can be a bit confusing. But pretty cool I agree.
>>
>>1064492
Apart from the Batu Caves, which are at the end of one of the metro/light rail lines and home to a moderately interesting Hindu shrine, there's not a ton of scenic or cultural interest in KL itself--it's a new, mostly pretty modern city. Melaka, however, is only about two hours away by bus and has a very nice, well-preserved historical center. Recommended.
>>
>>1064556
>>1064729

Thanks, Putratajaya sounds really interesting will just try to dom some research on how to get in and out of there

>>1064767
Nice to know, It can add on the Unesco heritage sites that I have visited
>>
>>1064492
You can go to Genting highlands in KL and visit Chin Swee temple. A buddhist temple. you can get there by taking a bus from KL SENTRAL, be sure to get a return ticket because securing one in Genting is a hassle, as sometimes it will already be fully booked. You will be treated with a cable car ride also.

From resorts world genting you can then take a free shuttle bus going to Chin swee temple
>>
>>1064492
no kid, singapore is pretty garbage tier even worse if you're into scenic stuff.
>no scenic shit at all
>>
Which national parks are the must-sees in Malaysia? I'm going to be there for 3 or 4 weeks and am very interested in rain forests.
>>
>>1065605
Try their Bird Sanctuary, it's really big.
>>
File: Supertree-Grove-Singapore.jpg (267KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Supertree-Grove-Singapore.jpg
267KB, 800x534px
>>1065083

I don't know anon but this looks pretty scenic to me, although all of them are artificial and man made, they are still pretty awe inspiring.

Gardens by the bay OP, it even looks better at night.
>>
>>1065605
The area where the Malaysian Monument can be found is really big, very good if you're into walking and stuffs.
>>
>>1065605
mulu caves in borneo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.