[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 28m > self employed > currently make $150k a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: computer-addict.jpg (24KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
computer-addict.jpg
24KB, 450x250px
> 28m
> self employed
> currently make $150k a year online, passive income
> no obligations in life
> never traveled alone before
> socially inept and awkward
> low self esteem

How retarted am I for not just packing my bags and go live like a king in SEA? Did anyone here fix their social issues by traveling?
>>
>>1058901
Wouldn't say they can 'fix' anything, but traveling alone is a decent way to figure out if you are a lost cause or not. If you have a decent time and maybe even have a conversation with a person versus curl up in fetal position and cry what ever inevitable issues arise from traveling.
>>
How do you make money?

No, travelling won't fix you.
>>
>>1058901
I'd suggest booking a small tour with people your age or students if you're looking to meet people travelling and get some confidence. Experienced travelers often hate on them because they're often overpriced and fairly generic but it's hard not to get to know people on them. If you do a couple of those and don't make any friends or get to know people on them then you've probably got bigger issues.

Don't overthink it though, I've met some really reserved people abroad who ended up being heaps of fun. There was a German engineer in kinda the same situation as you, quit his job to go travelling around Canada, think he was 28 too. Fairly shy (like me honestly) but super interesting.

Also having done a bit of travel gives you way more to talk about when getting to know people, which is half the battle imo.

If you're srsly making $150k a year passively is there really anything to lose? Even if you don't talk to a single person the whole time there's a fair chance you'll still have a good time. Just walking around towns and cities solo can be nice.
>>
>>1058901
Travelling won't fix your social issues but you would be able to live like a fucking king in SE Asian, S America or E Europe.

Just take off, travel to one of those destinations and have some fun. If you enjoy it stay there or go to one of the other regions and continue travelling. If you don't ... then just go home. Like you said, no obligations in life so you literally can't lose.
>>
>>1058901
How do you make that sort of money? I wish I could make 50k a year like this, even 30k, I would be able to travel without worrying about coming back.

Anyways. Travel can be a good way to open up. SEA is a good beginner destination cause you'll meet a lot of travelers and the locals are used to travelers and speak English. It will be literally impossible for you to not at least attempt to have a conversation at some point. Best part is, if you fuck up somewhere you can just move on to the next spot and no one will know you fucked up. I had much lower self esteem before I started traveling, it kinda forces you to at least try.
>>
>>1058901
I think the question is how fucked up are you? If you're really fucked up, sure you can talk to whores and get laid, but you probably will not make any real connections. You also leave yourself open for exploration by whores who will manipulate you something aweful.

If you're making so much money, get some professional help now, and try to work out your issues. If you can get somewhat normal before you leave, you'll do much better when you're here.

Also, if you actually do this, before you leave read the reader submissions on stickmanbangkok, the ones about guys getting fucked over because they have never had attention from a female before. You would be the perfect victim.
>>
OP, fuck you. You could live like a king in my country with 15k/year, and I can't even fucking get half of that. Fuck you. FUCK. YOU. You're literally killing 10 people so you can live like that and you're not even doing anything with it. Fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>1059014
>Being this mad OP had the ingenuity to make such a large income for himself whilst you make fuck all
FUCK. YOU. Fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>1059018
>the ingenuity to make
You mean the opportunity to steal.
>>
>>1059014
>15k/year, and I can't even fucking get half of that.
i don't make a quarter of that

there's always going to be people making more money than you, don't let it get to your head
>>
>>1058901
Go see a life coach. Get someone on your side to scream your praises to you, so you get out and do something.

Do you work, or it's a trust or what? If you don't actually work at all, let's think about what that means to you in the form of peers. These are the people who will see YOU as equals. These people will make you happy socially and vice versa. So, will you base friendships on some extreme hobby that you all share, or will you be buying friends because you can do things for them they can not well afford, so they ingratiate themselves to you as psuedo-friends but ones with underlying jealousy (such as seen in comments in this very thread). Know who isn't pissy about jealousy and money? Happy people who have worked well and have enough without worry.

Make some peers in a new hobby, if you have freedom. Might be charity work, some people around you who have a common thread, like helping cancer kids, getting people fit, extra hands in a church food kitchen, moving boxes and driving trucks for the needy things people need to get done.

Or, use your money freedom to start a new career, like painting, photography, boat captaining, and go get more education, one which gives you some clout and some peers. Take a national geographic travel photography guided tour, or take a course over at the museum in film review, creative writing, property assessment-inspection/realty licensing over at the community college. Teach people to read as adults. Teach kids to swim. Teach first aid. Battle against drugs! Do anything, and youll see the social opportunites will arise, in a way that you meet people who don't care if you are anti-social, cause it's like 10% of people. You'll be liked for your deeds and interesting conversation, not for being leisurely. Start with one little thing, and then do more and more.
>>
>>1059051
>Might be charity work, some people around you who have a common thread, like helping cancer kids, getting people fit, extra hands in a church food kitchen, moving boxes and driving trucks for the needy things people need to get done.
If I was a homeless person and got anywhere near this smug overprivileged faggot I'd fuck him in the fucking ass with my hobo stick.
>>
>>1058908
>>1058918
>>1059051

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess my biggest issue is that I am very codependent and undecisive when in unfamiliar situations, resulting in somewhat neurotic beheviour. I have a big trip scheduled for next year with a couple of collegues, which may be a good time to gauge my chances of being a functional solo-traveler.

>>1058915
>>1058924

Simply put, I create websites and monetize them in different ways. Pretty standard affiiate/content marketing - something anyone can learn and do with a bit of dedication.
>>
>>1059120
>very codependent and undecisive when in unfamiliar situations
The latter is a making of "just doing it" with a random choice, and then learning from the mistakes that result or congratulating yourself simply at the follow through. For a techie like yourself, it's a pretty common personality feature of any introvert to want to do something, but not launching off and doing or (or never feeling ready to do it).

For the former trait, simply the more you know about that psychology trait (study study), the more easily you recognize it in yourself, and can simply shrug it the heck off with "that's just my personality making me feel that way" and then with your learned skills, you do the right thing that is healthy for you. Could be putting space away from someone who manipulates/attempts controls over you/makes you feel guilty, say that alcoholic family member. You don't truly get over your baggage if you have that, but know that you feel really satisfied when you're intuitively helpful to people (nurses are supposedly drawn to the profession from this personality profile). Consequently, they have higher than average drug and alcohol problems. Chicken or the egg arguments abound.

My exhusband had a mother who was textbook crazy, but her biggest problems were from an alcoholic mother and grandmother, with her as the caregiver. His education about it all, in turn educated me, but he also had touches of it. He wanted kids, but never would have been ready. He said he wanted a house to own, but it was terrifying to get a mortgage or make the final selection. Things had to be perfect, planned and whatever. I am understanding, but the difference between him and most other people, if that you do stuff you are scared of, if you can. That whittles away the anxiety down to a manageable level. If you're doing too much alone time, not enough social time, eventually you just feel the balance shift. Shift it back! Good luck kiddo. :D
>>
>>1058901
Pay me 35,000 a year to hang and travel with you and ill teach you how to not be a fuccboi.

Jesus christ you could be living the dream and instead you chose to be a neckbeard. You only have one life why not fucking live it?
>>
>>1058901
I can learn how to be less socially awkward
its really easy in SEA -

can you share some money ? now i want to go back to thailand

drop some on my paypal
and i'll give you good guidelines for traveling alone
i've been doing it since i was 15

>[email protected]
>>
Come up with some kind of a goal or project that involves traveling as an auxiliary activity. What I mean is, don't go travel to travel. It will be forced and you won't get anything out of it, especially for introverted and socially awkward dweebs like us. Interesting things happen when you don't expect it, when your focused on something else. For example, 2 years ago I traveled across europe by bicycling form Amsterdam to Istanbul. It gave me an excuse to keep going, by myself, and when I got to an interesting place or met people I could rest and do whatever. If I got anxious or feeling left out I could get back on the road and focus on my goal. Gradually I got really good and talking to people and feeling comfortable with myself. Would recommend
>>
>>1059120
Teach me senpai
>>
South-East Asia is a good idea. To some it might seem pathetic, but when you're incredibly lonely and awkward and depressed and socially retarded etc etc it can be great. I was a totally miserable social fuck up, couldn't talk to girls at all and hardly guys either, but as a tall and rather handsome white male in south-east Asia I'm sure you can imagine the attention I got. It was shocking to be honest, I expected to wander around cities seeing typical tourist attractions I wasn't really interested in but ended up making so much progress with my confidence and social anxiety. After settling in I was able to talk to girls and guys at the hostel, and at some hostels we'd go out to bars as a group which was great, especially if the guys you're with are cool and willing to mix with locals (some other travellers were really pretentious in this regard) and have a good time. Initially I needed alcohol like I did at home but I overcame it pretty quick and was able to hold a conversation about a lot of shit.

Before I left I'd kind of given up trying to fix my related problems and just thought this is who I'd be for life. Now I'm made major gains socially back home as a result. You'll be fine OP.
>>
>>1059243
As a fellow tall, handsome-enough white guy, what are some examples of how much differently you are treated?

Do guys try to fight you, do girls throw themselves at you, etc.

I'm thinking of selling my belongings and heading out to Cambodia to live. I'd travel all throughout SEA too.
>>
>>1059014
>You're literally killing 10 people so you can live like that

>citation needed
>>
File: white is loser.png (444KB, 750x660px) Image search: [Google]
white is loser.png
444KB, 750x660px
>>1059243
>>1059305
>>
>>1059347
I have a girlfriend already. This plan to move has nothing to do with women.

Besides, I heard that fat fuck in that picture got fired from his job for saying that.
>>
>>1059308

I'm from Norway, the country with the highest cost of living in the world, after Switzerland.
>>
>>1059375
how easy is it to get started in the business you're in? How long did it take to earn the amount you earn?
>>
>>1058901
currently make $150k a year online, passive income.. Doing what pm me.. oh right 4chins
>>
>>1058901
Wot country ya in m8.. I'll b ur wingman
Just shout us 3 whores a week.. Which isn't really that much
>>
>>1059120
Please teach me how to earn money like this. Are there any good sites or resources to introduce me to the basics?
>>
>>1059308
Mate, passive income of 150k/year. He could save 50k a year and still spend $275/day. That's enough for a 5* holiday budget not even mentioning the reduction in costs if he semi settled down.
>>
>>1058901
you need someone to go with you
you can't just go to a new place and do anything
you barely do anything in this country, how do you expect to go to another without knowing the language, and come back unscathed?
>>
>>1059687
this is what irrational fear looks like folks
>>
>>1058901
Use your god damn money to pay for counseling / psychiatric help. Hit up the gym and put your shit together. Once all your shit is together, then set yourself up for the time of your life abroad.

Traveling while depressed fucking sucks. It solves no problems. In the best-case scenario, you effectively forget about all your issues as you travel and are smacked by reality once you're back. Worst case scenario, you'll feel miserable during the trip.
>>
I have a stupid idea like OP has.

>22
>currently holding 5K, low income so can't see that to change
>can't really enjoy anything or anyone
>been planning on killing myself
>on the other hand, I kinda want to travel

So the question is: Is it possible to just pack your things and GO. I'm living in europe so travelling to other countries and crossing borders is kinda easy. Is it possible to just live on the road. Do you end up like a hobo and die in a ditch or something? I know it's not an easy life to live but I just wanna know if it's possible. Yeah I know, not my blog but just wanted to know cause I've been thinking about this a long time.
>>
>>1059794
Yeah it's easy to live on the road. If you don't have money you'll be staying in shitty places with the homeless and mentally ill but there are usually places with free food in each major city. You can hitchhike to get across to new places or just walk.
>>
>>1059794
It's easy with 150k, with 5k prepare to die in a ditch.
>>
>>1059794
You look like the ideal candidate for ESL teaching.
>>
>>1059687
Are you drunk?

You absolutely don't need anyone to go with you and you absolutely don't need to know anything about the country to go there.

As an introverted, socially awkward, whiteasfuck highschool grad I flew to India and spent a year travelling from Trukey to Thailand via iran, Pakistan and India. It didn't stop me being socially awkward but it was one oof the greatest years of my life so far and left me completely unscathed.

>>1059741
You're not a doctor. I am. There's no fucking need to get psych help for low self-esteem and social awkwardness. It's a fucking waste of time and money with only a minimal chance of counselling actually doing any good.
You fix these issues by doing something positive with your life so you don't have anything to feel bad about (I'm talking about low self-esteem, not depression) and throwing yourself into social situation without caring about what happens. SE Asia is as good a place as any to do this.

Anon, I recommend going to Koh Tao and learning to dive. The big dive schools there offer you free accomodation in a dorm while you're doing your course and you'll make heaps of friends from your dive class and your dorm mate. If you're just travelling solo it can be hard to meet people if you're not used to it. Tour groups are one option for meeting people but I think a dive course is a way better one (and diving is fucking incredible).
>>
File: o-TALK-ON-PLANE-facebook.jpg (394KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-TALK-ON-PLANE-facebook.jpg
394KB, 2000x1000px
>>1058901
So I struggled with low self esteem and awkwardness a lot before traveling.

There something you have to remember. This world has billions of god damn people, if you try for a conversation and it goes to shit, it doesn't matter. You'll never see that person again. If you attempt a conversation and it goes good, then fuck yeah man. Little morale booster and positive human interaction.

WHEN you start to travel (<You should) just strike up a convo with anybody and everybody who looks half way social. Don't be desperate to make friends, just talk and see how it goes. Think of it like practice. You will never see that person again and you have nothing to lose. A couple people might snub you, but the mental reward of having a good conversion with a stranger is amazing.
>>
File: 1450503055387.jpg (163KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1450503055387.jpg
163KB, 2048x1536px
>>1060927
Best advice in this thread. Go and live, OP. I'd give anything to be in your position.
>>
File: 1449574159274.jpg (81KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449574159274.jpg
81KB, 1920x1080px
A>1058901
Just start working on your charisma, do like an hour a day, treat it like you're working on your acting skills, increase the amount of expressions at your disposal and start practicing telling stories, working on your vocabulary, varying voice pitch etc. Salesman and actors rehearse and improve, you can do the same, if you're awkward start on Skype hone your skills and then get out there
>>
>>1058901

Give me some spending cash and I'll go Thailand or Vietnam with you, fat ass.

Also tell us how to make money. Don't be one of those faggots that boasts about making big bucks online and then disappears when people ask how you do it. At least give us the basics.
>>
>>1061864
I had good luck like this. I would imagine myself as an actor playing the part of a charming outgoing guy. Somehow this actually worked for me. Eventually it was just a character I could turn on when needed.
>>
>>1060927
>just talk and see how it goes
>see where it goes.......

Femanon?
>>
>>1061879
this lol
>>
>>1060927
>if you try for a conversation and it goes to shit, it doesn't matter. You'll never see that person again.
Yeah, unless they ruin your life and sic an internet SJW mob on you so that you lose your job, get arrested on false charges and never get hired or have a normal social life again.

Oh right OP is rich so he can afford it.
>>
>>1061938
Well that's pretty paranoid. Plus it is hard to sic a mob on someone when you have one dumb story and only know their first name.
>>
>>1061879
>>1059433
>>1059661

Well, there are countless ways to make money online. You still have to work hard and most of your efforts won't result in any financial gains in the beginning, BUT you still need to preserve and try shit out to learn the skills necessary. It took me 6 months to make any money at all. It took me 5 years to make 100k+ a year. You invest time to gain knowledge and experience. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.

You can go down the path of classic affiliate marketing; buy traffic -> show them ads -> make a profit. No particular skill is prerequired. You do need to have a starting capital to burn while you learn the ropes. Somewhere between $3k and $10k. This method is not true passive income.

You can delve into the world of SEO and website creation and try to rank your websites at the top of search results. Through various monetization techniques you can make insane returns on your investement if you do things correctly. Takes time to both learn and execute, but requires very little starting capital to get going, maybe $20. Once you get one website rolling, you create another one, etc.

You can learn any digital skill; photo editing, programming, translating, copywriting, technical writing, 3D modelling etc., and register as a freelancer at sites like upwork.com and freelancer.com. Do impecable work for your clients at low rates, increase your rates as you gain reputation and experience. Obiously not passive, but can be done while traveling.

Some websites where you learn this shit:
blackhatworld.com
finchsells.com
matthewwoodward.co.uk

DON'T buy shit that promises quick results, never works. Read, learn, do - repeat. When you find something that works for you, scale it up as much as possible.

I just gave you the tools to get started making yourself rich, now stop being a poor sjw anti-capitalist cuck and get going
>>
>>1062963
thanks senpai
>>
I am one who travels to different places for the past years is good for the body and soul. Currently only 1200 dollars in my pocket heading out for 3 months
>>
you covered alot of stuff here, any specific technique that makes you the most consistent cashflow?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.