[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you meet people when you're travelling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (48KB, 480x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 480x431px
How do you meet people when you're travelling?
>>
>>1057391
I exist and people walk up and talk to me because I am weird looking.

They ask me a bunch of questions and never go away no matter how much I try to sperg them away or stare in angry silence.

It's not that hard
>>
>>1057395
What's weird looking about you?
>>
>>1057391
I have no idea op. Usually in bars or somewhere where you will have a high chance of interaction like a festival.

Ive decided that next time I go into a bar I I will offer to buy someone a beer in exchange for a cool story of theirs
>>
>>1057391
Your pic is actually kind of illustrative because cigarettes help.
>>
>>1057418

Also, I'm not really good at meeting people while traveling but it helps if you're already with someone.

I was with a friend in Nashville one time and all we did to meet people was ask them their opinion on whatever conversation we were having at the time.

Also, we would just ask them to comment on whatever was going on. Like we were at a place with some crazy long beer list, like 200 beers, and we would just ask for people's opinions on that.

We ended up having a conversation with these girls from New Jersey and hung out with them the rest of the night.
>>
>>1057391
Is the latest attempt by the ausposter to do what the last thread failed to do?
>>1057015
>>
I you just want to talk, travel hitchhiking. It's incredible how much you can learn about a country by hitchhiking.

For any other purpose, the beach is a great place. If you have a football or anything it's really easy, just offer/ask to play or something like that.
I usually travel with my guitar and I can say it has always being easy to interact thanks to my guitar.

Finally, you can aƱways ask to any young group of people where to party, if you play it well they will invite you somewhere.

(English it's not my mother language so I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes)
>>
>>1057391
This question is so stupid I shall provide a stupid but true, empirically proven answer: My two biggest advantages when meeting other travelers have been knowing multiple languages (ideally the local one and one third, i.e. not English) and traveling with a very conventionally attractive friend. I'm not ugly, but never have I met so many really good-looking people, or had so many random people of all attractiveness levels reach out in my (general) direction, as when I was traveling with a super-prettyboy acquaintance. He was a sweet guy, really nice, not particularly smart or interesting, but people were predictably drawn to him. When we were together on a beach in Thailand and a gang of striking Chilean nurses with so-so English smelled his scent, the fact that I'm fluent in Thai and functional in Spanish gave all of us a really fun week of adventures together.

But even without the hot dude, being able to help people with bad English talk to locals has introduced me to some people I still count among my friends. Beyond the language party tricks it's basic social skills. Hang out in backpacker bars or hostel common spaces and try to force yourself to interact with other people who appear to be traveling alone. I have met literally hundreds of people who were eager to have a random conversation about where they were coming from and going to, many of whom would have been open to shared activities and experiences. Hostel- or travel agency-organized tours can force some of this too, as anathema as the idea of paying for an excursion may be.
>>
>>1057418
Depends what you're looking for. If your goal is to find someone to get intimate with you may want to try avoiding looking like you have any cigarettes. Unless you like the taste of kissing burnt out regret
>>
>>1057490
Anon, when I see this topic it's my biggest reminder of how generally autist 4Chan. I find this worse than the "get laid" question. But the principal is the same. How do you meet people abroad? Same as you would back home. Oh, wait...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.