[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to island hop from australia to mainland asia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1.gif (80KB, 576x352px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
80KB, 576x352px
Is it possible to island hop from australia to mainland asia without using a plane?
>>
>>1056788
No. There's no ferry service between Australia and Asia. The options you have are cruise ships or cargo ships that take paying passengers. If you have sailing skills it's possible to find a boat that will take you for your services.
>>
Kayak from PNG to Cape York.
>>
> gets turned back
>>
>>1058072
is that legit?
>>
>>1058110
It certainly reflects the current Australian policy regarding 'boat people' entering the country illegally
>>
>>1058113
i mean i can understand that there are many debates over immigration evrywhere right now but.... to '' remove them safely over international waters'' thats just... not human
>>
>>1058110
Read it again and ask yourself that question again and then realize how stupid it sounds. It may reflect public sentiment in much of Australia, but clearly the government itself did not create something so nasty.
>>
File: Welcome to Manus.png (1MB, 1321x627px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Manus.png
1MB, 1321x627px
>>1058114
>>1058123
>>1058113
>>1058110
Oh you poor naive souls. You really don't understand how seriously Australia takes border protection do you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT12WH4a92w

All illegal immigrants to Australia are intercepted and either
>> 1. Returned to Indonesia. Either on their original vessel or (if they attempt to sink that so we 'have to' rescue them) on Australian naval lifeboats
>> 2. Transported to our concentration camps on Nauru and Manus Islands, picrelated. They then stay there until they agree to return home, accept alternative settlement in Cambodia or just rot away. Even if they are accepted as genuine refugees they're still given the same choices.

Thanks to these policies (which are supported by the left and right-wing parties) we've had zero illegal entries by boat for several years now. That means no more deaths from drowning at sea (unlike say, the many bodies washing up on Turkish beaches since Europe declared open season), no funding to criminal smugglers and no one slipping into the country without proper security review.
>>
>>1058114

shut up faggot kek

>>1058123

t. nigger
>>
>>1058203
It's not as clear cut as you say. Apparently the Aussie government has been found to be paying ship captains to turn around and take the people they were smuggling back to Indonesia.

Having said that, Australia is doing what it's supposed to do and other countries are pussy footing around the problem. If someone wants to enter Australia they should do so legally through the appropriate means where their backgrounds are checked and they are given the proper screening to determine if they will be a benefit to the country. Just letting anyone on a fucking dingy make it is not a good idea, Australia's population would swell to 30 million in a few years if they allowed this and the country would be all kinds of fucked up.
>>
Darwin to Dilli yacht race.
I know a couple of guys that have blagged crew positions in this race, then used the Indonesian ferry/cargo service Pelni. Then u can get boats from Indo to Singapore or Malaysia etc.
www.sailtimorleste.org
www.pelni.co.id
>>
>>1058461
This is why I fucking love /trv/. No matter how obscure or unlikely the topic, you can always find someone with some good fucking advice or experience
>>
There's also a couple of cargo ships on the Darwin /Dilli route.
But I doubt that they take passengers www.chinanav.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=213&Itemid=90
>>
>>1058114
See what the Russians, Italians and Chinese (amongst a lot of others) do and come back to this thread and say the Aussie approach isn't 'human'. Open your eyes, friend.
>>
>>1058110
That's just propaganda published in foreign press in different languages to make sure illegals don't try it.

yfw dying at sea when some shitty hole filled fishing trawler sinks after you've given your life savings to a people smuggling skipper
>>
>>1058493
>But I doubt that they take passengers
DO not know about those specific ships, but many cargo ships will take a few passengers. The catch is that people expect it to be cheap -- it is not -- and in some of the sketchier parts of the world it might be, well, sketchy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.