[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hotels and shit in Paris

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: ParisETViewFromHotel.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ParisETViewFromHotel.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
We're a couple traveling to Paris in March.
Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at? For hotel we have a budget of max 700 euros for 6 nights. Any good "secret" sites to book hotels through cheap?

Other than that, what is there to do in Paris in March? Anywhere in Paris we just have to go? A certain resturant maybe? Anything
>>
Check out Ibis, generally good quality and not too expensive. Look for somewhere in the 14th, imo, if you don't mind not being in a constant tourist trap. The 14th is more residential, and one of the safest neighborhoods, though Paris is safe pretty much everywhere as far as violent crime goes.

Definitely check out the catacombs! I feel they are under-rated, but it is really something else. Honestly, I have been here for like 3 months already, and there are new amazing things I am seeing daily. The city is so big and full of history that it's hard to see it all.
>>
Airbnb
>>
>>1048608
Dude, shut up. It's a couple going to Paris. Think.

>inb4 real traveler
>>
If you like art museums, you can spend a day at the Louvre. Only some of that is waiting in line for admission.

There is a good view of the city from the top of the Tour Montparnasse. Maybe better than from the top of the Eiffel Tower, because you don't have to look at the Tour Montparnasse.

If it isn't raining, just strolling along the banks of the Seine can be nice.

My trip to Paris was over ten years ago, so I shouldn't be recommending restaurants, but I had an enjoyable meal in the Marais district.
>>
>>1048630
Are you fucking stupid? AirBnB is an excellent suggestion. A real apartment in the neighbourhood, cozy, with all the amenities minus catering (who REALLY needs hotel breakfast anyway?).
>>
>>1048644
Seconded. I've spent roughly seventy nights in AirBnb places as a couple. It's great.

>>1048630
What exactly is the issue?
>>
I stayed in some hippie lady's apartment in Belleville. I recommend doing something similar if money is an issue
>>
>>1048630
Air B&B in paris is overpriced.
Regards, Frenchman.

Just browse booking.com and look for something near paris, its cheaper and you'll be in paris in less than 10 minutes.

ie : courbevois, levallois, neuilly, La garenne colombes, Bois colombes, puteaux, suresnes,saint cloud,sèvre, montrouge...

Avoid some cities, if unsure just as me.
>>
Hello
>>
Oi
>>
I live in Paris.
Paris is among the most expensive cities in the world for hotels. Not saying that you cannot find a cheap room but do not expect to be in a nice place.
A "meh" hotel in a very boring area is around 100 to 160 a night. Check out Ibis Styles, Holiday Inn and whatnot. And of course, booking.com.
You can also try AirBnB if you want to have your own kitchen and bigger space.

There's a lot of things to do in Paris. Museums are everywhere.
And as for restaurants, just avoid eating in most cafes (or brasseries), the food is real shit, trust me.
>>
I'll be traveling to Paris in the first week of January , just out of curiousity how is the weather in January and how long are the lines at museums such as the louvre , I've read less tourist and less lines for museums , and for OP I found a great apartment on booking.com situated only 5 min walk from the Eiffel so definitely look into booking.com
>>
Hello,
i'm parisian

try this hotel :
http://www.tripadvisor.fr/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d235611-r275485809-Hotel_Henriette-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

check on lefooding.com for restaurant

must do : orsay museum, notre dame, louvre, catacombe, marais district and canal st martin, rue saint honoré
>>
>>1048509
In Paris, the biggest event in March is the International Agriculture Show. If you like cows you'll love it. I don't. Great food though.

You should come in May or June: long days, beautiful weather, wonderful evenings.
>>
>>1048509
>A certain resturant maybe?
For a romantic place, you may try "La Petite cour" in rue Mabillon (metro Mabillon, many good places in that neighborhood) or "Le Trésor" (rue du Trésor, metro Saint-Paul).

If you want to spend a lot of money in a wonderful place, try Le Grand Véfour...

I've been to Le Trésor with a girl I had met one hour before, and to other places with the same girl after she became my wife...
>>
I'm going mid-November and found a good room for cheap at an ibis. Happy with that.

Plan to do all the traditional tourist things, plus a couple literary journeys. I plan on proposing to my longtime girlfriend, as corny and cliche as it is. Any people suggest a spot that can eleviate a little bit of that expectedness?

Also - I would really like to have a homecooked dinner ala Anthony Bourdain. I'm writing a book taking place in Paris itself and would love a night of actually parisian practices.
>>
OP here

>>1048890
Hopefully this thread will still be alive in mid november, so please do come back and tell me about your stay!
Good luck with the proposal!

>>1048844
>La Petite cour
To be honest, this one looks good! Though, my boyfriend is quite picky, and there's not much on the menu. I'll try to convince him.

>>1048826
I've been looking at that hotel actually, it seems pretty nice. Have you stayed there?

>>1048839
Looked the International Agriculture Show up, it ends the day before we plan to arrive. Thank you though!

>>1048812
I know that it's expensive, and with our budget we won't get over 3 stars, and personally I think that's okay. Though every time I find a hotel that I think is nice, and that is within our budget, my boyfriend think it's too little luxury. That's why I hoped someone here had a "better" way to find hotels.

>>1048706
Which cities should we avoid? Or areas for that sake.
Also, I don't do drugs, but my boyfriend smokes weed - and if he doesn't smoke for a few days he gets in a really bad mood, so I'm just gonna ask if you know where and how to get weed without going to creepy areas?

>>1048608
>>1048630
>>1048644
>>1048696
>>1048705
Personally, I think Airbnb is a good idea - I would like to have the possibility to stay in and cook a day or two instead of going out, as well as I don't like the idea of strangers cleaning the room and maybe going through my stuff. Room service could be nice, but is really overpriced.
- But my boyfriend insist on a hotel, as he wants service and not lift a finger during the vacation.
Any way to persuade him into renting a place?

>>1048634
I'll look into the Tour Montparnasse, thank you

>>1048597
Catacombs seems interesting, but also disturbing. Probably not a place for us, but I will suggest if we run out of things to do
>>
>>1048815
January is cold, but it won't go under minus 2 or 3 celsius degrees.
As for museum lines, I avoid big museums around new year, the lines are just terrible.
Also avoid holiday period and week-ends. In fact, I recommend you to go to the Louvre either on Wednesday or Friday night, because they close later (around 9pm instead of 6) and there are less people at night.

>>1048890
Just don't propose on one of these bridges. Just. Don't.

And as for restaurants, if your boyfriend loves chicken, you can check out the Coq Rico.
I know many restaurants but it really depends, like, how much are you willing to spend etc.

Avoid one part of Saint Ouen (not the flea market part), Aubervilliers (full of crackheads), Saint Denis (except for the church), some of the southern suburbs and so on.
>>
File: paris.png (2MB, 1598x1112px) Image search: [Google]
paris.png
2MB, 1598x1112px
>>1048921
>Also, I don't do drugs, but my boyfriend smokes weed - and if he doesn't smoke for a few days he gets in a really bad mood, so I'm just gonna ask if you know where and how to get weed without going to creepy areas?

First of all rest assured about the cops.
Weed is illegal in france but literally nobody is really giving a shit, a lot of people smoke on the street or along the seine and AT WORST you will only be ask to toss it away.
They only arrest the seller.
Buying weed in france is easy, finding good weed is another thing, its mostly a network where people exchange phone numbers. Street dealer are shit, wouldn't recommend it.
Also i made you shitty map.
green : no problems.
gray : sometimes weird things but most of the time ok/good
Red : avoid, you probably wont be aggressed or anything ( since its still france ) but its just that it sucks.
>>
>>1048937
frenchfag here. You can trust this anon.

Funny thing is, I've begun to notice people openly smoking weed on the streets and in public places like bars and small places.
Though I don't smoke my friends who do never talk about being busted anymore; and more and more young parents actually smoke weed too.

It's almost legal now on a practical standpoint.
>>
>>1048937
I might add that touristic green spots are filled with disgusting gypsies that try to pickpocket you or harass you with their shitty petitions.
Avoid them like plague and ignore them. Not even a "no thank you".
>>
>>1048944
A few month ago i was in a bar with my friend ( its was around one in the morning ) and my friend started rolling up.
The waiter just asked him to smoke in the alley, and when he went there the waiter came and asked for a hit.
kek
>>
>>1048509
It's not very well known but I think La Truffiere is very, very good. It's cheap for what it is but it's still pricey.

If you're in Paris, you should eat Michelin star cuisine at least once.
>>
>>1048935
Damn I've read that the lines were shorter since least tours it go to Paris in January due to the cold weather which I'm okay with just hope it doesn't rain too much since we will be taking trains to Brussels and Amsterdam too
>>
Does anyone know where to check for power outages in Paris?

Like an online map?
>>
>>1049107
Oh you're talking about the outdoor line. Yeah probably.
There is an indoor line, which I always use anyway.
The indoor line in January is absolutely crazy. At least that's what it was last January.

>>1049120
EDF I guess? Or contact them.
>>
I'm looking for a hotel in Paris with view of the Eiffel Tower and included 5 star dining for 20 euros per week. I can go up to 25 euros
>>
>>1049139
did you mean 2000 to 2500 ?
>>
>>1049010
+1 on the Michelin star cuisine. One star restaurants are worth the price, the service is neat, the lunch menu is usually affordable etc. Don't forget to search for hotel's bar/restaurant, they're pretty hidden but they tend to be beautiful (i.e. the Dokhan's champagne Bar)
>>
Hotels in europe are very expensive, Airbnb is the right way
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.