[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets plan your perfect journey to India

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

Just tell me your requirements ( what kinda place you like)slums, crowdy, calm, meditative, isolated, undiscovered, deserts, hills, tropicals, islands, whatever and whats your budget and i will try to plan your perfect holiday
>>
How about beaches
>Sri Lanka
Mountains and scenery.
>Nepal
Food
>Order indian food at a restaurant.
And done.
>>
>>1047657
That is also good,
>>
>>1047636
I wanna go early next year, I'm think of going late January/early February for 3 months. Looking to spend less than $1000 a month. Was going to fly into Chennai and travel north. I'm definitely interested in Kerala/Tamil Nadu and I want to see some northern sites as well, I love hiking/mountains/nature etc.
>>
isn't there already an India thread with a ton of good info in it? people need to ctrl+f
>>
File: Screenshot_20151104-145718.png (674KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151104-145718.png
674KB, 1080x1920px
>>1047771
First dint go to Chennai it is the worst, your budget us more than enough, even if you land in chennai go to kodaikanal (kerala) it is the best in south if you like mountains etc, after that just fly to new delhi and from there (dharamshala, shimala, etc) himanchal pradesh, and (mussoorie, lansdowne, rudraprayag etc .)uttrakhand will be the best destinatons for you, and you are Lso comming in the best time, they are all northern part of India, stay away from jammu and kashmir,, and also north-eastern parts are good also,
>>
File: IMG-20150904-WA0003.jpg (339KB, 1590x1154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150904-WA0003.jpg
339KB, 1590x1154px
>>1047775
>>1047771
And also you will not find good mountains, nature etc sites in tamil nadu, kerala is good for that, and for nothern i will say uttrakhand ( lansdowne to be specific)
>>
>>1047806
>>1047807

As somebody who has traveled around India quite a lot, this is terrible advice with no apparent rationale.

>Chennai is the worst
>don't go to Jammu and Kashmir
>go to other places because of mountains

People can have preferences. Maybe it's just the way that I am, but I don't like when others tell somebody not to visit a certain place because of their own perspective or biases.

Tamil Nadu has a ton of religious and cultural sites, many of which are proximate to Chennai. Starting in the south when the weather is bearable and moving north as the heat and humidity come back is a pretty regular and solid plan, in my opinion.

Not saying that you're wrong, bro, but virtually every state in India has something to offer travelers. The wealth of cultures, languages, and landscapes is half the Subcontinent's appeal. Also, I've been to J&K. People weren't the friendliest in the whole country, but I still had a great time.
>>
>>1047862
I am sorry if i went out of lune there, i gave him advise according to his preference, and am not saying TN is worst, but he was asking about nature and mountains, vellore was bot in option
>>
>>1047862
And about J & K situation is not that great there as of now!
>>
>>1047874

What's happening there? I went last summer, there were some problems but nothing serious. If he's Israeli or has a giant Jew nose I wouldn't recommend going though lol
>>
Going in late May and I wanna stick to the north so as not to get beat down by humidity and the monsoon season. Planning to do something like New Delhi - Chandigarh - Amritsar - Dharamsala - Shimla - Rishikesh - New Delhi. That said I've only got about two weeks so I'll need to make cuts, probably Amritsar. Maybe Dharamsala just because of it being so annoying to get to but I'd prefer not to cut it.
>>
>>1047897
Ok drop chandigarh, amritsar and rishikesh(they are only for whitewashing), dharamshala is good, shimla is also good, add mussoorie to your list and from 2 hour distance dheradun and lansdowne are also there! It will be almost 2 weeks, 1 for himanchal pradesh and 1 for uttrakhand
>>
>>1047897
Instead of rishikesh from 1 hour distance mussoorie is there, i will highly recommend that, rishikesh suxx man i have seen fucking foreigners beg for money there ( not a good place)
>>
I just want to meet some cool ass travellers and quite a lot seem to flock there. It sounds sad but I travel for love (and random hookups) these days and I figure thsts a good a place as any to start
>>
>>1047906
>>1047903

Thanks! It looks like a pretty good path, much less hectic than my first. What specifically would you guys recommend in Mussoorie? On a quick glance it looks like day 1 can be the waterfall, day two is the Tibetan Temple, and day three is Gun Hill or Everest Point.
>>
>>1047911
Delhi ( pharghanj to be specific) there you will find lot of foreign travellers, you can even share the rent of the room with other traveller,
>>
File: IMG-20150707-WA0006.jpg (174KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150707-WA0006.jpg
174KB, 960x960px
>>1047947
You can go every where from there, there is haven, there are also some unexplored places, >>1047947
>>
>>1048074

Dude from the other India thread here. Paharganj is definitely the place to meet other travelers, but don't think that neighborhood is indicative or representative of the city as a whole. There are far more annoying touts, scammers, and beggars there and near CP than in other parts of the metropolis.

It's very easy to meet people, but you're best off not trusting locals you meet on the street who approach you. Bars are fine, as long as you initiate the conversation or they have no intention of bringing you to a "special" shop or tourist office.
>>
>>1048094
Then gurgaon will be better for you
>>
>>1047636

everything...Sri lanka too.

I have 15k saved.
>>
>>1048101

Topkek what the fuck? Who tells somebody to stay in Gurgaon?
>>
>>1047636
Honeymoon, romantic, beaches, upper class hotels, day tours to touristic sites, not too much moving around (packing and unpacking all the time)
Budget of 8000€ for four weeks.
>>
>>1048151
Oh and before you start hating on me, i've done the whole backpacker thing for over ten years now and have been to 40+ countries. But for me and my wife this time we want to relax, see nice things and not worry about anything at all.
>>
I want to go to kerala, what's there to do? i've never been to india and i don't speak malayalam
>>
>>1048164
in addition i love towns, european influenced asia, i also like greenery. going with my mum who's 50ish so i probably can't trek mountains, she's indian but speaks tamil and english. i speak english only
>>
>>1048165
Goa and Pondicherry are easy mode and have euro influences.
>>
>>1048149
This is what he was demanding, high end and qhere he can meet foreigner chicks
>>
>>1048216

You weren't even responding to the right guy.

Also, no foreigners stay in Gurgaon unless they're working there. That's awful advice.
>>
>>1048146
Then you got to start from north then south and at last sri lanka, so
North = himanchal pradesh ( mountains, nature, calm etc)
Delhi = dense, slums, poverty, clubs, old landmarks, government bodies, (agra -3 hrs from delhi there is taj mahal)
Rajsthan = deserts, castles, rich history, lot and lot of historic ruins,
Mumbai = bollywood, slums, rich people, lot of clubs, hot chicks, vusut lonavla, pune from there also,
Kerala = tropical lands, rich in nature, lot of good lakes. And lagoons,
And then you go to sri-lanka
>>
>>1048151
Are you looking for multiple places or single??
darjeeling will be the best place for you and believe me you will not regret it
>>
>>1048153
darjeeling and lansdowne
And lansdowne is one of the calmest place i have ever been, clean and unexplored, there will be noo worries you will be isolated there
Darjeeling. Is also great, good and high end hoteps but there will be lot of tourists,
And last kodikanal =. Watch this video you will understand
https://youtu.be/FvGKNE7zjJQ
>>
>>1048164
You dont need to learn malyali, they do speak english there also, so there will be no barrier and about kerla, i will say good choice it is really good, every thig there is good
>>
>>1048224
Okay my fault, wud you like to give him advise? Instead of criticising me, just type what is in your mind
>>
>>1048235
Hey buddy thanks for the encouragement about kerala. Have any recommendations for things to do? It is a large state, which areas should i go to? I was suggested goa or pondicherie, are they hotter than kerala late december? Just to add i love arts and culture, and would love to see temples.
>>
>>1048243
Kerala is no that hot, and goa is mostly for beaches, and pondcherie is for cheap alcohol(indian satire), kerala is good choice between the two, you will find lots of old and artistic temples in tamil nadu and kerala also do have them , for culture it is everywhere in INDIA ( whenever you will land to india, bammm the culture will be right in your face,) and fir good art i really dont know about this but kerla do host the auction of elite art in india ( i am sorry for this on)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.