[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm an american moving to taiwan for a year to teach english

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Taiwan.jpg (14KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
Taiwan.jpg
14KB, 680x453px
i'm an american moving to taiwan for a year to teach english

not sure where i'm stationed yet, but does anyone have any tips or experiences living there?
>>
>>1045462
Apparently the other expats are really terrible and you shouldn't believe them when they say how much the country sucks.
>>
>>1045463
>avoid people who aren't from there, it's actually a nice country
got it haha

would you happen to know if there are any japanese styled arcades?

also, do they import hollywood movies or am i stuck with whatever is locally produced?
>>
>>1045470
and i guess more to the interests of this board:

does anyone know the general atmosphere is toward americans? like if i happened to ask someone for directions in english would they be offended or too shy to say anything?

what are some places worth exploring when i arrive?
>>
>>1045474
You have one year on your hand to study Mandarin faggit
>>
>>1045509
that's fair
>>
>>1045462
taiwan is great. I'm here as an exchange student and believe me, you will love this place. people are extremely nice and welcoming. even if they don't know that much english, they are still very eager to help you. plus taiwan has a beautiful countryside, mountains, beaches... modern cities with night markets everywhere, sunny weather but a little bit too humid for me. anyways, so far I can't complain about taiwan ;)
>>
>>1045463
why would the other expats hate it there?
>>
>>1045474
i feel as though you have not thought this expat thing through
>>
>>1045776
They are mainly butthurt ESL teachers working shitty ESL jobs.
>>
if you're exotic looking you'll have no problem getting girls....

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/%E6%80%A7%E4%BE%B5%E5%A5%B3%E5%A4%A7%E7%94%9F-%E5%9C%9F%E8%80%B3%E5%85%B6%E7%8B%BC%E5%88%A4%E7%84%A1%E7%BD%AA-215008718.html
>>
>>1045462

Taiwan in general is a pretty nice place but kind of boring compared to other Asian countries. As far as Japanese style arcades, I didn't notice any when I was there but there are internet cafes around the place.
>>
hey op I am interested in knowing on how you went about getting a job teaching English there what do you need in able to qualify for the job
>>
>>1045815
>Sexual assault girl, born in Turkey wolf acquittal
I don't understand!

>>1045871
that's sort of what i was expecting. probably for the best, i'm ass at fighting games.

>>1045872
I just went to teachaway.com and filled out an application. the qualifications differ based on the job, but a basic example would be 1) do you have a bachelor's degree? 2) if not, do you have an associate's degree and a teaching certification? 3) if no to both, we can't help you.
>>
>>1045871

Theres one in the eslite basement, it's huge
>>
>>1045871
Is it as boring as Korea?
>>
>>1045809
Why do their butts hurt?
>>
>>1045463
Every time I see I foreigner I can't help but dislike them.
It always seems to be a balding white guy nearing on middleage with a 25 year old local girl. And I imagine they probably mistook it for Thailand and realized their mistake after they got off the plane.

>>1045972
>>Sexual assault girl, born in Turkey wolf acquittal
Sounds like Turk muh diks 16 year old; acquitted.
>>
>>1045462
Whatever you do, do NOT work for Hess! You can earn more or the same at a company that doesn't treat you like a low level cult member. Hess is a really fucking weird organization, and they treat their kids like shit.
>>
>>1048457
whoops

well it's only a year, and i get a tefl certification
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.