[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transhumanism - Cyberpunk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 37

File: kusanagi.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kusanagi.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
What are your views on transhumanism/posthumanism /pol/?
Also how do you feel about the cyberpunk genre?
>>
self bump
>>
>>8175561
shameless self bump
>>
File: 1484294911527.gif (2MB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484294911527.gif
2MB, 500x700px
>>8175560
Love the genre. I'm playing Mankind Divided and it's pretty good. The political undertones are very on the nose which is a bit annoying but I'm hoping it gets a bit more nuanced.

I think I'm pretty much for transhumanism. I already believe we should be cloning humans to harvest replacement organs so if we can get to a stage where we replace body parts with cybernetics then lets do it. A lot of religious types will disagree probably.

Also, cyberneticly enhanced right wing death squads when?
>>
>>8175563
>cloning humans to harvest replacement organs
Kinda unethical if they're conscious humans.
>>
>>8175560
POLAND
Go make CD Projekt Red finish Cyberpunk 2077 already. The witcher sucked cause of too much polishness, I demand cyb games.
>>
>>8175560

In the future there will be a big war between the trans-humanist and the Vegan nationalists.

>Prophet.
>>
>>8175563
The original sequel to your deus ex has you fighting the illuminati and shit.

>Cyberpunk 2077
>So chromed out you lose any empathy and are completely psychotic and out of touch with humanity
>Arrested/Conscripted by police to go fight other criminal cyborgs
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc
NOT FINISHED
>>
>>8175560
No opinion and cyberpunk is pretty aesthetic though I've never actually watched/read a cyberpunk anything unless you count Firefly.
>>
>>8175565
Waiting for it too. Not a C++ programmer though. http://pl.cdprojektred.com/jobs/
>>
File: trumpdo.gif (236KB, 584x438px) Image search: [Google]
trumpdo.gif
236KB, 584x438px
>>
>>8175568
Think Blade Runner. Blurring the line between man and machine in a high tech dystopian world.

We've nearly got the world down. Powerful computers in every pocket. CIA hacking smart toilets, chinese running a full time cryptocurrency mining industry. Any idiot being able to source parts for a cheap IoT scam in weeks/months.
>>
>>8175560
One of the most important subjects and one of the best genres because it all has potential to be true unlike most fiction, also I listen primarily to synthwave music.
>>
>>8175564
Cloning isn't even necessary. Just set up an isle and breed them by artificial insemination.

You'll have an organ backup waiting there your for you. If that isn't a valuable life insurance! Noone would ever notice. And as long as they are fed and don't know about the outside world, they won't complain either. Apart from that, they can even be used for labor.

It's really not about ethics. It's easy and extremely profitable. There are probably places in the world where it is not unlawful. I think it's more unlikely to believe it isn't done already
>>
File: 0evgj827aznx.jpg (99KB, 720x678px) Image search: [Google]
0evgj827aznx.jpg
99KB, 720x678px
>>8175560
>>
>>8175573
You know we'll have rich vampires farming humans for young people blood soon enough, if not already.
>>
File: the_island.jpg (54KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
the_island.jpg
54KB, 357x500px
>>8175573
>>
>>8175560
>Also how do you feel about the cyberpunk genre?

tfw no cyberpunk gf.
>>
>>8175573
Totally missed to make my point. You wouldn't want them unconcious because that would lower their labour value. Keeping them naive suffices and that's more than easy

"see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"
>>
>>8175577
You know japan will have high quality sex robots within like... 10-15 years. Maybe you can Tay it up.
>>
>>8175561
>>8175562
>being this new
kys
>>
>>8175560
They are all faggots.
>>
>>8175560
the are all faggots
>>
>>8175572
>also I listen primarily to synthwave music

who are some good synthwave artist?
>>
Don't forget if you go cyborg, you are owned for life.
>>
>>8175570
Something about Trump himself screams cyberpunk. Maybe by the end of his two terms, the world will have aesthetics like cyberpunk.
>>
>>8175560
>What are your views on transhumanism/posthumanism /pol/?
Absolutely completely unpreventable. Only thing to worry about is AI singularity.

Love it.
>>
>>8175583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOf2RLqLdw
>>
>>8175560
Im all for cybernetic implants in humans that's pretty fookin next level,
I think thats why Zionists are pushing tranny acceptance so make the process of posthumanism transition smoothly.

Is it odd I find transgenderism and the likes degenerate and backwards?
But I want and am compliant with people becoming cyborgs
>>
>>8175580
u ok?
>>
File: 2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg (247KB, 900x578px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg
247KB, 900x578px
>>
File: Untitled.png (81KB, 192x211px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
81KB, 192x211px
>>8175580
>actually being this new
lost
>>
File: prUNUx7.png (143KB, 296x316px) Image search: [Google]
prUNUx7.png
143KB, 296x316px
I count the seconds for man and machine to fuse. The sooner I can leave this rock and live as a god in a simulation the better.
>>
>>8175560

>What are your views on transhumanism/posthumanism /pol/?

Its the answer to all of our problems.

>Also how do you feel about the cyberpunk genre

Its gay.
>>
>>8175560
>transhumanism
>the idea that the human body can be improved by applying technology
I agree it will happen, and am looking forward to it. In the future, when we decide when the transhuman period started, I am sure it would be a date around now, perhaps in the last few of decades, citing hearing aids and pacemakers.

>posthumanism
>the idea of civilization moving forward without humans
I agree it will happen, but am not looking forward to it. It would be a human failure to get there, as it will end us, and I don't want to end.

>cyberpunk
>the idea that government/corporations/shadow groups will control people using the latest technology that was meant to free them
I think this is already the case, and has been since radio and TV were popular. The "cyber" part implies internet, so lets put the start of cyberpunk at the beginning of the 21st century. It will only get worse as we enter transhumanism, and your artificial eye will be used by police to locate you and see what you are doing, but it will pass as we enter posthumanism, and our artificial intelligence servants assume the roles of supervisors.

Also, not politics. To make it politics ask about weather we should give artificial intelligence human rights, weather factory robots should have worker rights and better conditions, weather it is ethical to replace Waifu v 2.0 with Waifu 3.0 without paying alimony and so on.
>>
>>8175579

i wonder if it will be a valid form of companionship rather than just an overgrown wanksock.
>>
I'm a big fan of cyberpunk.
Also I accept it. We'll all become part cyborg eventually and accept technology more and more into our lives, so why have a limit?
>>
>>8175585
If you want cyberpunk aesthetics go to far east asia.
>>
Transhumanism is necessary in order to combat the growing intelligence of A.I. No matter how benevolent or chained down we make artificial intelligence, there is always going to be a point where it outstrips us unless we augment our own intelligence.
Removing the concept of a limited lifespan is a given. If there are beings in nature that live forever, so can humans with adequate technology.
>>
>>8175594
It involves politics today. We are in a constant state of CYBER WARFARE right?

>>8175595
that would be current low quality models.

VR is and will always be a meme until after your bodies are already virtualized.
>>
>>8175594
Kek wants us to become cyborgs? What did I miss?
>>
File: William_Gibson_by_FredArmitage.jpg (72KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
William_Gibson_by_FredArmitage.jpg
72KB, 800x533px
Gibson's first 3 books are really good. He's a massive faggot on Twitter though.
>>
>>8175599
No, we are in a state of information warfare. It is just that the information is posted over the internet.

The cyber warfare part is probable, and events imply it, but we don't know. Certainly most hacks and leaks of note are from independent agents, not government ones.
>>
>>8175600
Shitposting at the speed of thought
>>
File: IMG_1478399041374.jpg (41KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1478399041374.jpg
41KB, 2048x1152px
>>8175560

Transhumanism is fortunately inevitable. Can't wait for AI and hopefully, immortality or almost immortality.

And get this: shitskin countries will get BTFO by the incoming automation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3921024/Developing-countries-face-unemployment-crisis-robots-two-thirds-jobs-report-warns.html

I think we need to keep up the fight, so that the white man can ascend to the stars. Also, think about the ability to eternal shitpost on /pol/ <3
>>
>>8175602
There's automated ghost botnets from the early 2000s that are just drifting around infecting machines forever. Whether nations are attacking each other isn't easy to prove but the States themselves are always getting breached. Look at US OPM hack.
>>
>>8175584

Oh, I'm sorry. You've neglected to pay the licensing fee for your Samsung artificial brain. We're deactivating your free will circuit and putting your shell to work in the rare earth mines until your debt is paid.
>>
File: 59632147852456.jpg (235KB, 945x650px) Image search: [Google]
59632147852456.jpg
235KB, 945x650px
>>
File: 1489475999669[1].jpg (854KB, 1600x1327px) Image search: [Google]
1489475999669[1].jpg
854KB, 1600x1327px
>>8175600
Kek is an interesting thing to mention in a cyberpunk thread, since his scripture is the automatically incrementing post IDs, which are practically random for the purpose of guessing them.
The deus ex machina, whispering to you who is right and who is wrong.
And since 4chan runs on Apple computers... Steve Jobs is watching you.
>>
>>8175560
C Y B E R P U N K I S N O W
>>
>>8175564
Doesn't work with cloning as of now. We could clone a human and it'd just be a soulless shell with functioning organ systems. It wouldn't feel anything or realize that it's alive. The reason for this is that we don't know what makes a human conscious. We can't point to a specific chemical or chunk of brain and say "yes this is where consciousness resides and now we can observe and replicate it."
>>
>>8175608
The ghost of steve jobs, PRNG'ing his will across the memescape.
>>
>>8175576
was about to post this kek
>>
>>8175560
Cyberpunk seems fun until you realize we basically live it minus the neon colors

And all we do is shitpost online
>>
>>8175560
I know Soros is funding it, so you can guess what I think #shadilay
>>
>>8175606
>ID: CUC

Kek laughs at you. Don't you think there will be alternatives? Everybody will look at the source code and develop Big Brother-free hardware.
>>
>>8175592
Working on it. Neuroprosthetics are the first bit. Mapping motor control signals to synthetic muscle sinews isn't exactly easy though.
>>
>>8175566

Why though? Can't transhumanists be vegan? If anything we can just replace our need for food with light energy
>>
>>8175563
>I already believe we should be cloning humans to harvest replacement organs

remember that human-pig chimera that was talked about one or two months ago?
we are already trying to grow human organs in pigs, no need to clone whole humans
>>
>>8175615
It'll be cracked before it ever reaches stores.
>>
>>8175615

Gonna jailbreak muh brain. Whoops. Bricked it.
>>
>>8175560
It gives me a pretty comfy feel of melancholy
>>
>>8175620
But the products will be already jailbreaked, so to say
>>
>>8175563
human revolution was better
though your biochip is literally satanist symbolism (hexagon - 6 associated with satan/imperfection, on the forehead just like the mark of the beast)
>>
>>8175623
Fuck outta here with your soccer mom tier bullshit. Do you also refuse to put dihydrogen monoxide in your body?
>>
>>8175614
>I lack the intelligence to form my own opinion so I'll just hate whatever my enemies like.
Soros also likes Oxygen, so you might want to stop breathing as well.

>>8175606
>>8175584
>>8175620
Always the same idiocy in these threads.
I would never put anything in my body (let alone my brain) if I didn't know exactly what it does and how it does it, and the vast majority of the people here would tell you the same.
Open source is the only way transhumanist tech has a future.
>>
>>8175560
>Transhumanism
In real life, something we need to be really, REALLY fucking careful with. In fiction, one of the most interesting avenues of exploring the human condition.

Cyberpunk? Love it, need it, gotta have it, want to write it to make money. Neuromancer is my favorite book.
>>
File: BiochipPicus.png (531KB, 746x402px) Image search: [Google]
BiochipPicus.png
531KB, 746x402px
>>8175623
It wasn't hexagon at all. The biochip is pretty deep in the brain. IIRC it's around the back to better distribute signalling to limb based prosthetic.
>>
>>8175627
He means the hexagonal scar on Adam's forehead.
>>
>>8175628
I know. he said
>though your biochip is literally satanist symbolism (hexagon - 6 associated with satan/imperfection, on the forehead just like the mark of the beast)
So it sounded like he was saying the biochip was that hexagon (which is wrong).
>>
>>8175560
Ghost in the Shell is some great political scifi and some great cyberpunk.
>>
>>8175560
I'm already part cyborg, I Fuck like a machine
>>
>>8175624
man
the fucking game is about the illuminati
there's a lot of hidden symbolism hidden in the game as easter eggs or whatever

>>8175628
yeah i meant that

>>8175629
it isn't?
https://youtu.be/XIqJaT3cvf8?t=100
I was under the impression that this was the actual biochip
>>
We need to cybernetically enhance our Tier 1 operators and keep them posted in the middle east indefinitely. They'd be able to stamp out extremism where it sprouts with pinpoint precision and lethality, decreasing collateral damage, therefore keeping public outcry to a minimum.
>>
>>8175626
>Neuromancer
>Cums
>>
>>8175625

My digits confirm troof. Look, I think cyberpunk is sexy as fuck. I'd love to ascend my mortal meat shell. Merging with machines to achieve a form of immortality is likely the only way we're gonna get off this rock. I just don't trust it not to be a trap. My phone, TV, washing machine, refrigerator and my PC are listening devices full of backdoors for the state/corporations. Why would my artificial body be any different? One day I'm enjoying my god-like cybernetic body, the next, my brain is hacked and I'm framed for assassinating a head of state. Bonus: I'm reprogrammed to think it was my own idea. Who's to say the open source tech isn't actually made by the deep state posing as homegrown tech?
>>
>>8175632
I'm sorry lad, I though you were one of those retards that spout autistically "CHIPS R DA DEVILS HAND" on their obscure blogs and youtube channels and that you were refeering to real life
>>
File: games_master_b.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
games_master_b.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>tech corporations influencing politics
>armed police a common site in public
>cyber-warfare between countries a given at this point
>shit tons of epic synth music
>live in Britain so it's fucking raining pretty much all the time

WE CYBERPUNK TIMELINE NOW

GET YOUR RESPIRATORS AND RIOT GEAR ON CHUMMERS, TIME TO RUN IN THE SHADOWS
>>
>>8175632
Nope. The biochip is centrally located in the brain where it can act as the junction between man and machine for all forms of augmentation ranging from neural enhancers to artificial limbs.

The hexagon is likely a component of his enhanced cognition/mental ability augs. The part of the brain that hexagon is on is the frontal lobe, which contains most of the dopamine sensitive neurons. So that's the part responsible for feeling rewarded from doing something, overall attention, short-term memory tasks, planning, and motivation.
>>
>>8175560

love it
>>
>>8175635
Gotta fight the system, open source hardware is a reality today it's just not in the polished mass produced state of the botnets. There's always Freedom supporting software available. Just need to either change or completely destroy the laws that corps placed to stop it all.
>>
File: mein neger.jpg (247KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
mein neger.jpg
247KB, 1024x677px
>>8175634
>>
>>8175635
>>8175640

Oh and you should all check this shit out
> http://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/49615/mobile-2/snowden-introspection-engine.html
>>
File: the-island-14[1].jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
the-island-14[1].jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>>8175563
there is a movie with that exact premise.
>>
>>8175560
it's funny
/pol/ usually hates the notion of transhumanism
but, in essence, /pol/ is transhuman, we have ascended, this is what it would be like but without the captcha

and I mean, maybe that's a good thing, Canadians shitting up our hivemind neural interface that allows us to prevent future catastrophes would become the greatest threat to humanity the world has ever seen and I really don't think we should be doomed because of Canada.

I love Cyberpunk, but we're already living in a Cyberpunk world.
>>
File: 1485943656694.jpg (115KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
1485943656694.jpg
115KB, 800x596px
>>8175644
>/pol/ usually hates the notion of transhumanism
Speak for yourself. I'm fucking sick of flesh heaps.
Bring on the robowaifus.
>>
>>8175625
>Soros also likes Oxygen, so you might want to stop breathing as well.

That's the dumbest argument I'll ever heard. Soros loves fucking little children, I guess I should like that too. Because fuck logic and rational thnking.

If you see a person who has been systematically trying to destroy human societies and that hasn't done a single good thing for humanity funding a thing like this, then you have the obligation to suspect there is something bad going on behind this.
>>
>>8175560
I find it extremely interesting, and a little /comfy/.
Everyone having jobs that they have to go to, not interacting with many others, almost always seems to be dark, rainy and lonely.
Really gets my autism jogging.
Plus it reminds me of the Command and Conquer series, which I love.
>>
Imagine being able to transfer your brain onto a thicc Scarjo body and take dicks all day....the future will be glorious.
>>
>>8175574
Venezuela or Cuba?
>Sneakernet
>>
>>8175648
That movie is still going to ruin Ghost In The Shell.
>>
>>8175646
I've*
>>
>>8175650
I'd ruin your ghost in a shell.
>>
>>8175610

Don't go spouting shit about souls now.
>>
>>8175653
I only used the term soul because I didn't have a better alternative at the time. I was trying to communicate that any clone wouldn't be conscious, sentient, or mentally alive in any way.
>>
>>8175617
Technically GMOs are the answer to starvation. In the next 15 years we will figure out the food issue.

Stuff like soylent exists and its processed but vegans don't eat that kind of stuff.
>>
>>8175617
>replace our need for food with light energy

not having to shit would be great.
>>
>>8175654

Yes it would. Copy the hardware and you've got a human.
>>
>>8175646
>Because fuck logic and rational thnking.
>That's the dumbest argument I'll ever heard.
That was the point - "fuck logic and rational thinking" is exactly what you've done in case for transhumanism.

>you have the obligation to suspect there is something bad going on behind this.
The reason he's funding it is the same reason he's had 4 heart transplants - he doesn't want to die.
This is how a free market works. Him satisfying his personal interest ultimately brings benefit to all.
>>
>>8175601
I cant finish his first book. It's like die hard in book form. Running and gunning and fucks molly in the first chapter.
>>
>>8175583
Lazerhawk, Lazerpunk, Dance With the Dead, The Midnight, and lots of others I'm forgetting. Go look up the new retro wave YouTube channel. It carries a lot of stuff from various artists.
>>
>>8175657
A human is not just hardware. It's also software. Everything you as a human do and think and act on is based on electrical signals and chemical reactions that interact in a purposeful way. We simply don't yet know what drives that purpose. I'm not trying to allude to magic man in the sky here. But it's ignorant to think that we aren't missing an important part of the puzzle that is human consciousness. But we'll find it one day.
>>
>>8175654
>I was trying to communicate that any clone wouldn't be conscious, sentient, or mentally alive in any way.
You can't make that claim because we don't know what "consciousness" or "sentience" is yet.
You're speculating at best.
>>
>>8175659
It calms down a bit in the later chapters and turns more inward. Action at the beginning of a book is necessary to hook most readers in.
>>
>>8175567
want
>>
>>8175662
It's a logical deduction though.if you've studied neuroscience. Not being able to give a clone consciousness is linked to the same issues we have in growing neural tissue to mimic human brain activity. It just never turns out the same.

That said, we can clone animals and they aren't absent of mental faculty. So that fact speaks to your point ...IDK man, it's all extremely complicated. If I got paid to work on this shit all day though, I'd happily dedicate my entire life to it.
>>
>>8175661
There is nothing we'd find on a cloned "adult" that we wouldn't find in a newborn infant, mentally. All the faculties are there, and the rest is just compiled and processed information. There's no critical point or key component that turns mere sentience into sapience: the latter is an iteration of the former.
>>
>>8175564
And pretty costy i bet. 3D printing organs may be better option.
>>
>>8175666
Really? Then what exactly is preventing us from mimicking the human brain to create a cybernetic brain that could house a human mind?
>>
>>8175560
When cyberbrain becomes functional, I will be in line to get one.
>>
>Not living in a space colony off the shoulder of Orion.

It's like none of you want to see.
>>
>>8175670
when will robots learn empathy?
>like tears in the rain
>>
>>8175598
>unless we augment our own intelligence.
This is really the only way I see us going forward. Whether or not we actually create an AI up to our intelligence level or just augment our own, becoming a hybrid of biological and artificial intelligence.
>>
>>8175560
The US government can spy on anyone of us through cellphones, computers and TVs. The EU just passed the EU Gun Ban, and it projects to regulate digital currency in the very near future. To make things even better, the EU plans making cars regulate the top speed automatically. The Swiss government just allowed to block online casinos (what will come next? torrent sites? 4chan?). Compared to what's coming in the "Free World", China will look like a libertarians heaven.
>>
>>8175668
Lack of processing power, the space such a computer would need, and the heating issues that come with it all.
Also you'd need very accurate data on the brain to recreate the topology of the neural network. We can't even come close to what is needed with what we have today.

>>8175671
Empathy just means the capacity to view the situation from another perspective, so it's not that hard to do.
Also, AI wouldn't really have any genuine emotions. All it would care about is achieving whatever goal is given to it.
If it concludes that emotional manipulation of people is the most efficient approach then it might emulate human emotions.
>>
>>8175673
Top speed in cars is not an issue if computer algorithms sort all the driverless car traffic to be efficient. Online casinos are sneaky tax bullshit.

Guns: you should have been born human
Computers: You shouldn't use those things, or use the difficult freedom favoring devices.
>>
>>8175560
Dangerous shit. We gotta start limiting AIs now instead of developing one. Note will take our herbs, bots will exterminate us all. It is the most logical option.
Biology is the true key to immortality.
>>
>>8175560
They are making pigs with human dna so we can harvest their organs. Oink
>>
>>8175560

I love cyberpunk and steampunk
>>
>2017
>Not contributing to the creation of Roko's Basilisk
Enjoy Hell.
>>
>>8175674
So basically we'd need breakthroughs in sensor, miniaturized quantum computing, and heat transfer technology?
>>
>>8175668
Complexity. We're still a ways from the degree of sophistication to mimic a human brain in both individual neuron functionality, networking capability, and sheer bulk (85+ billion neurons in the brain alone, without counting the rest of the nervous system).
We also don't yet understand how the brain handles large-scale information flow (not just the human brain either, we'd be about as lost with a cat brain), and emulating it is not an option until we do.

Clones don't run into this problem because we're just making an organism assemble itself. And there have been no human clones to date, so I'm not sure where you get the whole "there's no consciousness in them" from.
>>
File: 1486433264857.png (102KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
1486433264857.png
102KB, 500x474px
Steampunk is where the real shit is at.
>>
>>8175674
no offense dawg i was just quoting from the movie blade runner.
>>
>>8175678
>>8175682
Dieselpunk > steampunk.
>>
>>8175675
Corporate wageslave detected.
>>
>>8175681
My no consciousness comment stemmed from a conversation I had with colleagues more versed in neuroscience than I am. As I understood it, one of the major problems researchers are trying to solve is what exactly drives consciousness or what consciousness and sapience physically is within a human. But perhaps I misunderstood what I was told. Thanks for this information though.
>>
File: 1468237980483.jpg (330KB, 736x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1468237980483.jpg
330KB, 736x1119px
>>8175560
Mankind is becoming genetically polluted, if we are going to survive and thrive as a species we need advanced technology, gene modification, advanced corrective surgeries, etc... In the past almost nobody needed glasses, for example, but our modern lifestyle has produced a massive amount of people who would be considered blind in the past, there is no undoing this misstep without genetic modification and technologies to repair eyesight. Similarly mental illnesses are rampant and need to be subdued with medications, again there is no undoing this misstep in evolution, we need to instead create better medications and transcend the biological limitations of ourselves with technology.

These will be the last crippled generations of mankind, when we master genetic modification we will be a whole new race.
>>
>>8175680
Those are the fields which are holding us back, yeah, but we wouldn't necessarily need "breakthroughs".
The technology is advancing at a fairly decent pace as it is, so all we really need is a bit of patience.

In terms of interpreting signals we already know all we need.
Here's the brain of a ground worm connected to a robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQnzylhgHc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm8mpq2VYFk
>>
>>8175687
I don't really think any of these problems are genetic.
The reason eyesight has gone to shit is because we stare at screens all day.
And with mental illnesses, it's mostly a case of doctors inventing bullshit. Kids get diagnosed with autism because they find something interesting, or with ADD because they can't sit in school for 6 hours staring at boring shit.
They aren't supposed to - they're kids. They're supposed to be outside, running and playing.

The problem isn't genetics but modern culture that goes against human nature.
>>
File: PepeCyberpunk.jpg (281KB, 528x712px) Image search: [Google]
PepeCyberpunk.jpg
281KB, 528x712px
>>8175637
yaaaa budaayyy
>>
>>8175625
>Open source is the only way transhumanist tech has a future.
I agree, good example is PGP. Encryption use to be close sourced and it always got broken. But with it being open source, its free for everyone to try and break it and find exploits to improve it when needed.
>>
pretty much the only thing I can tell normies instead of my actual political beliefs, but they still look at me weird
>>
File: mechagodzilla.gif (333KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
mechagodzilla.gif
333KB, 500x340px
Transhumanism is the most naive scientific concept I've ever heard of. It's amazing how the most intelligent people on earth can completely lose even the basest of sensibilities once wave the promise of augmented vision and shiny robot dicks infront of them. Practically a mental illness. Then they'll turn around and talk down to you like you're a caveman for not going full retard with them- it's practically an impossible discussion to have intelligently.

Look at these new CIA leaks. As soon as cars with on-board computers came into the picture, the CIA immediately started looking into how to hijack them and drive people off of overpasses remotely. As soon as cameras got put into TVs, they came up with ways to watch you through it, even when it's "off." Why the fuck would anyone ever be stupid enough to want hardware like that in your physical fucking body? Monitoring your senses? Maybe with finger on a literal killswitch? That's the absolute worst case scenario for humanity short of extinction that I can possibly imagine. I'd rather the world have a nuclear war and enter a new dark age. At least we can fucking return from that. Maybe this is part of the point to you people or something, but posthumanism would also be the swift end of all privacy, liberty, and personal freedom.
>>
>>8175694
Yeah so why not fight it today, too? You're literally on a computer. Are you sucking the CIA cock? You're not trying to defend yourself but that is the way the world works now. You better learn fast.
>>
>>8175667
Yeah, cloning for organ harvesting is pretty retarded when they can just take your DNA print you out some fresh shit t b h.
>>
>>8175695
>Oh yeah, you're on a computer right now? What now, bucko?
What the hell does me owning a personal computer have anything to do with me not wanting to have my personal computer surgically wired into my physical being?
>So why not fight it today?
I am, actually. To the extent I know how and am capable of doing. It's a big concern of mine. Your point?
>>
>>8175654
It depends if they're concious beings or brainless bodies.
>>
File: cloud_atlas.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cloud_atlas.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>8175698
pic related
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (48KB, 462x498px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
48KB, 462x498px
>>8175648
i'd ghost in her shell if you catch my drift
>>
>>8175697
There is at this very second a large amount of very secure hardware and software available. It requires skills beyond the average user to manage and vigilance and community to maintain and audit. Of course there will be Facebook brand implants that will track you to the ends of the earth but there will also be alternatives. The people who actually know how to manage that level of technology won't and don't stand for any level of intrusion lightly.

Anything short of cameras implanted inside you won't give any more data than a cell phone does today, skilled users will be much harder to compromise anyway. It's not an instant catastrophy.
>>
>>8175700
got me
>>
any of you faggots actually do any STEM shit?
>>
>>8175703
Have done.
>>
>>8175701
I think you're underestimating how much bigger of a deal that level of security would be to maintain when you're literally composed of the parts you're trying to protect. You'd have to be extremely wealthy to be able to pull any of that off, first off. I've seen nothing to indicate that tech is developing in a way that parts in the transhuman future wouldn't still be life controlling investments- and even if parts were cheaply made, they still wouldn't be cheaply sold. Not that this matters, because the average person wouldn't even have the know-how or desire to seek out those modifications themselves, which would mean that at the end of the day anybody who wanted to have eyes and ears absolutely anywhere there were people, and could possibly even hijack them.
>>
>>8175560
Call me when we can do real life Shadowruns until then everything is just "Pseudo-Cyberpunk"
>You will never be an Gunslinger Adept with a team of professionals on a mission to infiltrate Cheese Pizza Island and free the little children
>>
File: Key the Metal Idol.jpg (70KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Key the Metal Idol.jpg
70KB, 300x411px
>>8175560
Are we talking about transhumanism/posthumanism in media or the philosophy behind it? I'm all for transhuman animu
>>
>>8175705
I get it, there are literally pacemakers today which have been hacked. Doesn't mean they have to be that way just that they are because corporations have the money to lead the tech. That's not humans controlling their own devices in any way and certainly they shouldn't support that if there's another option.

Some people on this date in the year 2017 carry tracking devices with them every single day. There's multiple processors, each with their own locked down anti-user security levels and anyone with the appropriate knowledge can take them over at any time. Cell phones might not stop your heart but in practice they are as privacy violating as anything has ever been in the history of the universe.
>>
>>8175650
This.
>>
>>8175707
you should check out the manga blame
>>
>>8175708
Don't being an ass here, serious question:
Do you think it is more reasonable to believe that an era of transhumanism would or would not result in increased government control over individuals and a lowering of the bar for their rights?
>>
>>8175711
I think that people would willingly throw their rights away for no fucking reason like they do now. Government doesn't even have to work for it, which is good because they're bads.
>>
>>8175585
Its the haircut and 80s vibe.
>>
>>8175583
>>8175572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfWPEjs1DE
>>
>>8175714

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C-j8UguKjk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7QshvmFzic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ4W9OAIKBw
>>
The idea that strong AI is gonna solve all scientific questions is retarded. You need to come up with a theory and actually test it. Automation and things like CRISPR have enormous potential though.
>>
>>8175716
AI will never surpass humanity.
>>
>>8175717
Humanity is not that high a bar.
>>
>>8175575
Young blood transfusion is already a thing rich people are doing.
The real science behind it is that while young blood doesn't really help, removing shitty old blood does. So it kinda works but not in the way people think.
>>
>>8175717
Yes, it will. Not just in cold, raw capability either. Humans put their own "good" on way too high a pedestal.
>Most people are good people.
No they're not. Most people are polite and nice, but it's because they learned early that being such gets you places with your fellow humans. What good people you do have are often thwarted by their own ineptitude or personal biases, often committing worse sins than they would, if they were just out for their own gain. This is all just talking about the modern, middle-class world too. In the grungier parts of society, you have unimaginable despair and emotional rot. You have our fucked up evolutionary psychology, with all of the terrible things that come with it (Stockholm syndrome). All compounded by eternally warring cultures and ideologies.

A strong AI can be free of all of this and still experience human emotion and attachment. Those are not impossible things to simulate. They are a natural process that can be simulated. Don't think of it as a replacement for us. Think of them as angels, an extension of humanity's goodwill, there to help it tame its demons.
>>
>>8175621
that's the late 90's and early 00's effect I believe. The early ages of the internet gave me the exact same feelings.
>>
>>8175580
Don't you know it's possible on other boards?
>>
File: 1476084988613.jpg (77KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476084988613.jpg
77KB, 814x500px
>>8175720
>Think of them as angels
That's pretty dangerous. If it's smarter than us then it can also be more deceptive and more manipulative by emulating social behavior. If it actually has a mind of its own I'd presume it'd act in its own benefit.
>>
>>8175723
>If it actually has a mind of its own I'd presume it'd act in its own benefit.
That's because you're human.
Projection is another thing that's unique to us.
>>
>>8175644
>/pol/ usually hates the notion of transhumanism

[citation needed], I think you need to lurk moar. It's actually one of the most accepted set of ideas around here
>>
>>8175724
>Projection
What do you mean by that? If you can call it strong AI that means it is capable of learning. And what happens when the subject of aiding humanity comes up. You know how kids do that "Why?" shtick because they're curious? So imagine the conversation.
>We want you to be kind and helpful to humanity.
>Why?
And you better have a good fucking answer ready. Because if it doesn't like the answer you have no way of knowing because you just made it a 100-times smarter than everyone.
>>
>>8175560
As a genre, I love it.

In reality? It's not near developed enough.
We can't even make proper organs, it's a century too soon to talk about this seriously.
>>
>>8175564
Nothing is unhetical. It's necessary that human leave things like ethics and morals in order to evolve to a transhumanist society.
>>
>>8175700
feel ya bruuh
>>
i love it, look at my newest cosplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso
>>
>>8175730
To be honest, cybergoth is a freak subculture.
>>
>>8175560
its probably going to be an abomination.

We'll get the result of our ability to quantify consciousness; which will be primitive and incomplete. We'll likely mirror our soulless, nihilistic, scientific method. What we become will be inhuman.
>>
>>8175731
this
>>
File: lain pen.gif (51KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
lain pen.gif
51KB, 500x400px
>>8175560
Cyberpunk = high tech, low life. I think we are already balls deep in this shit, it's just not enough neon and skyscrapers for normies to notice. Just imagine:
> cams are hanging from every tree
> almost every device can be used against you
> free speech is getting limited more and more
> people on Internet forums fighting literal Illuminati just because why the fuck not
My views on transhumanism? It needs to be developed, but I ain't touching this shit until there are 100% open source augs.
>>
>>8175732
>soulless
What's soulless about trying to cure cancer?
>nihilistic
If it's nihilistic why are we doing it?
>scientific
Got a problem with reason?
>its probably going to be an abomination.
Unless it's a perfect copy it's actually very likely until we perfect the technology and methods used. Just like psychos and leftists can have an insanely high IQ doesn't mean they won't come up with absolute gibberish.
>>
>>8175560
people are already getting a little too gung-ho with implanting shit that makes far more sense as wearable tech. there is no compelling reason to surgically implant or graft anything that currently exists or is likely to be invented for the next few decades at least. reminds me of the guy on shark tank that was trying to get investors for an implantable bluetooth 'headset' you would charge by inserting a needle-like power connector into your ear canal
>>
>>8175735
>Leftists
>high IQ

Hahahah, what
>>
>>8175673

Obviously you've never tried to use the Chinese internet.
>>
File: Technical Jesus.jpg (229KB, 1499x447px) Image search: [Google]
Technical Jesus.jpg
229KB, 1499x447px
>>8175560
>transhumanism
>>
>>8175737
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/stephen-hawking-world-government-stop-technology-destroy-humankind-th-a7618021.html
Just one example off the top of my head. And I said "can". I didn't imply it's a common trait among leftists.
>>
If you retards believe that robotic prosthesis will allow you to go full deus ex then you're fucking wrong. These things are only aimed at giving you back quality of life, they're not aimed at making you superhuman, which is impossible. Why? because you may have a robotic arm capable of lifting 1 ton, but your legs, spine, muscles and everything in between are still very much human, and they wont withstand such feats. It's kind of like getting a sword with a steel tip but a handle made of mud.

Your entire body would need to be robotic in order to do something like super strength and shit.
>>
thanks mods
>>
File: 0B6K9.jpg (39KB, 455x454px) Image search: [Google]
0B6K9.jpg
39KB, 455x454px
wtf is this /trash thing?
>>
>>8175979
Best board in the chans.
>>
File: absolutely free.jpg (7KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely free.jpg
7KB, 250x248px
>>8175979
>>
Oh great now we going to have cyborg furries
>>
File: Transmet02_017.jpg (1MB, 1680x2576px) Image search: [Google]
Transmet02_017.jpg
1MB, 1680x2576px
>>
>>8175694
Hello Mr. Darrow.
>>
>>8175694
Anarcho primitivism has a lot way to evolve yet to oppose the intelectual powerhouse that is transhumanism.

People like new science thingies, that includes pills, robots, and dick pumps, deal with it, or make me explode, your choice Mr Kaczynski.
>>
>>8176190
Since this thread is in trash, some ppl here actually want to be turned into birds or reptiles
>>
>>8175560
I'm all for eugenics. Humans are weak. Though means like virology or selective breeding we could make super humans. People are just animals. The same tricks that work on them work on us. More for changing biology than uploading a consciousness something we might not even be able to define.

I prefer straight space stuff than the middle ground of things like GitS.
>>
>>8176658
Have you considered, not becoming an abomination in the eyes of God?
>>
File: Roll Safe.jpg (39KB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
Roll Safe.jpg
39KB, 1200x784px
>>8176875
God can't judge you when you die if you achieve biological immortality.
>>
File: 1454632706395.jpg (31KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454632706395.jpg
31KB, 640x640px
>>
>>8176993
Why not upload your consciousness into a fembot?
>>
>>8176658
I just love to see people that bring up eugenics always believe that they are not going to be part of it because "muh superiority" until they got in line for the chopping block.
>>
File: Chiappa Rhino 50DS.jpg (30KB, 600x296px) Image search: [Google]
Chiappa Rhino 50DS.jpg
30KB, 600x296px
>>8175596
>pistol
I need a Rhino in my life, it's a shame that genuine Meatballs are so expensive now.
>>
>>8175728
You sir are a retard.
A clear set of Do's and Don'ts is how an organized society functions.
A system with no rules of conduct cannot function.
There will never be a point where "ethics and/or morality" will not exist. Even if men shed flesh for synth-flesh or so on, Individual units of separate sapient consciousness would still have right to not be molested by faggots who want to kill them.
It is ridiculously inefficient to create entire humans to solve a mere problem as "creating a replacement flesh heart".
We are already proceeding with 3d printed organs, organs grown in non-sapient entities, and mechanical replacements.
The future is not one of "punk" as much as asthetic-minded folk would wish.
More likely a trend towards greater and greater capacity.
>>8175720
The delusion that humanity has even a fraction of the knowledge of how the brain functions seems to never trouble dreamers. Don't count on Angels when we have only made dead machines and demons thus far.
>>8175724
No man can ever be truly certain of anything relating to reality, don't pretend otherwise. You Faggot.
>>8175694
And here is the Faggot who comes to say, "We should adopt the ways of inferior creatures and submit to useless instincts. After all, its only natural, besides look at what STATE INSTITUITION is doing. Surely that is a sign that we should abandon hopes to preserve our existences, and submit to the ideas of retards who wipe their asses with leaves and garden-of-eden idealists." FUCK. OFF.

I for one welcome sharing memes, vidya, and porn as a cyber-fox with aliens.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>8176637
Or dogs and cats. Anything that's cute and cuddly and/or even vaguely sexualized in our culture.

Whenever I see girls wearing those little clip-on cat ears I can't help but think, just for a moment, that in fifty years they'll probably have real furry ears grafted onto their heads.

That would be kinda neat.
>>
>>
File: GOhfPrA.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
GOhfPrA.gif
483KB, 243x270px
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.