[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will science find a way to reverse the ageing process in our

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_of5z7xo17q1vawff5o1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of5z7xo17q1vawff5o1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
Will science find a way to reverse the ageing process in our lifetime?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>7903000
According to data charts, it's extremely likely, although you might be old as fuck by the time we get to that point.

There's also the possibility of the population overflowing worldwide, but thankfully space travel is on more of a commercial level by then, so space stations might be a thing before age reversal.

I want to zerbert that belly by the way.
>>
>>7903000
>implying it already hasn't
>implying the (((elites))) of the world aren't just keeping it all for themselves while laughing at all the human suffering going on around them

It'll never happen unless you're one of the 1%
>>
File: us organ donor stats.jpg (22KB, 406x326px) Image search: [Google]
us organ donor stats.jpg
22KB, 406x326px
I'd say that's unlikely, but there will be many incredible advances in medicine within the next 60 years. Read Michio Kaku's book Physics of the Future some time, he went out and interviewed hundreds of scientists to learn about different avenues of research in all fields and where they saw that research going, in an effort to predict what the world would look like by the end of this century.

One of the things he talks about in the chapter about medicine is people being able to grow copies of their organs which would put an end to the high rejection rate of organ transplants and the debilitating side effects of anti-rejection drugs. Not to mention saving the thousands who die while waiting for a transplant every year.

He also talked about how the discovery of a room temperature super conductor would allow for a portable MRI device. This means people could get their DNA scanned literally every day, and with DNA sequencing (that is already available) can check your DNA of that day with the sequence on file to find cancers the very first day they emerge. We already have treatments that are 100% effective against cancers discovered that early.
>>
>>7903000
I believe so.

I also believe it will be expensive or at least require a screening process + payment plan if you're worth treatment (read: a creative or some kind of talent whose abilities have yet to be utilized)

I wouldn't mind being aged back from my 70s to my 20s if I fucked up bad enough to live a life unfulfilled but needed a reboot.
>>
>>7903000
injections of blood from children

for serious
>>
it's a reversible chemical process
you won't live to see it implemented commercially for the general public
>>
>>7903000
>Will science find a way to reverse the ageing process in our lifetime?
Probably, but only rich people will have access to it.
Also the world will be way shittier in the distant future.

>pic unrelated
muh dick.
>>
maybe
but it'll always be easier to replace than it is to repair
you'll be able to make an entirely new body long before you'll be able to actually repair the effects aging has on your old body
you'll be able to stop it, sure, but reversing will always be more difficult than simply replacing
>>
>>7903000
sauce?
>>
>>7903608
>Donors decrease with transplants staying the same/increasing.
Spooks
>>
>>7913782
Donors have multiple organs, you know.
>>
>>7913782
advances in medicine have allowed more organs to be harvested from a single donor
>>
>>7910917
from a now deleted tumblr called itsrainingpurrs

but here's more of the same
http://fatlinesarecute.tumblr.com/archive
>>
>>7903000
Scientists have been able to halt natural aging in rats, but it resulted in the rats dying from cancer.
>>
>>7914537
Fucking cancer, always cockblocking the cool stuff.
>>
>>7914464
thank you
>>
>>7903000
Who cares, more of that sexy plumper?
>>
>>7917788
Seconding
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.