[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: matpat.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
matpat.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
what went wrong?
>>
>>11499850
Undermeme
>>
>>11499850
Everything.
>>
>>11499850
This thread.
>>
FNAF.

Ever since he made the first FNAF episode like half of the recent videos have been made about it. His content appeals more to children now.
>>
FNAF

He also bitched at people who said that things went downhill since FNAF, and did a segment in a livestream where he defended himself against Gamer From Mars and just refers to people who have complaints against him as 'haters', even though GFM only has 1/100 of subscribers and views.
>>
>>11499850
he likes money more...
>>
>>11499850
>Bad research
>Insisting on using in-game only measurments (read: 11' Wario still shorter then 6'3" Samus)
>Not acknowledging that games, for the most part, need to be playable.
>blatant bias towards Mario over Sonic (Comparing games with 3 console generation gap)
>applying real world physics to a DNA 'memory' virtual reality in a virtual reality (Assassin's creed)

Take your pick
>>
File: 1481590671191.jpg (114KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1481590671191.jpg
114KB, 710x508px
>>11503183
>"this RPG has a real undertale feel to it"
>>
>>11499850
Was there anything that went right?
>>
File: angryburgerpants.png (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
angryburgerpants.png
221KB, 500x500px
>>11503653
>streams gameplay of LISA
>won't shut the fuck up about how much it's like undertale
>"Pacifist Run lol"
>>
>>11503183
>References something only to never talk about it again in his 'research'
>Openly admitted in a video to nitpicking another creator's (I think it was something Vinesauce related) theory because he felt they were moving in on his kingdom of theorizing about video games
>Takes the theories of others, claims they are his own.
>Sperged out about undertale so bad, the Pope is turned off of vidya even more now
>Gave the Pope a copy of a then digital only game
>Anything FNaF
>Is an embodiment of the sin of pride
>Reuses that one fucking photo of himself sitting on a rock so damn much.

Matpat a shit.
>>
>ITT: People upset that someone is making a living talking about video games on youtube while they're stuck shit posting on 4chan

But hey, that's just a theory. An ANONYMOUS theory.
>>
>>11506387
t. Matpat
>>
>>11506387
It's not so much about him getting paid it's how the quality of his videos has greatly deteriorated
>>
Pandering to autists
>>
>>11506387
No, it's him getting payed for being a smug narcissist constantly spouting wrong information and taking his words as facts that's infuriating.
>>
>>11506387

I think it's more if you look at his older content it was at least entertaining. Not the most accurate bullshit out there for sure but at the least it was an interesting food for thought that generally speaking I never really thought of before at all. It was still kind of dumb but not something that people particularly cared about.

Then FNAF came around and I don't quite blame him for chasing the cash, he suddenly had the first opportunity dropped on him to make some serious cash off of YouTube and he took it. He does have a girlfriend and a life outside of YouTube and I'm sure he saw the dollar amounts and instantly went into the metrics of YouTube to recreate that success, which he has done for that new audience of children. Plus add in the current adpocylapse on YouTube where the only viable content is that aimed at children otherwise you are gonna get demonitized. Having a gun on the thumbnail even if it's just a screenshot from a video game is enough to get flagged at this point.
>>
File: 1503961809636.jpg (108KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1503961809636.jpg
108KB, 760x572px
>>11499850
Moving away from theories relying on science and calculation to lore and speculation. Take for example his "How much is Minecraft's diamond armor worth?" video vs. anything FNAF or the ever-popular "Sans is Ness".
>>
>>11509734
You know what I find the most interesting out of all of this? How every single "big" YouTuber happens to have a cute girlfriend. And here I thought the gold diggers only went after real life fame.
>>
>>11511284
He was already dating her before Game Theory I believe, and they also got married before the channel got big, and WAY before he was making a profit off of it.
>>
>>11499850
>thing fucking tread again
Nothing went wrong, normalfag jewtube is just shit
>>
>>11513260
What about people like AVGN, cr1tikal and dunkey?
>>
Wait this thread again? I already made my case with the debacle that was the LISA streams and it seems some other guys here are also pissed over his LISA comparisons to undertale
>>
>>11513425
What about them?
>>
File: 1466149895977.jpg (14KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
1466149895977.jpg
14KB, 220x276px
>>11510541
>Sans is Ness
I wonder what went on in that head of his to create,talk about, and defend that garbage fire of an episode.
>>
>>11499850
Matpat not becoming a trap is what went wrong.
>>
Why is Siegward bald?
>>
Everything
>>
>>11516291
They got with gold diggers
>>
Can't we have a YouTuber thread, rather than daily MatPat threads? Can have have a better range of discussion.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.