[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Citizen Toxie Jedi Crusader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15

He's the hero the Rebels deserve, but not the one the Rebels need right now. So The Empire will hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not the Rebels hero. He's a silent guardian, a Toxic protector. A Jedi Crusader.
>>
>people will still claim the Black Series is good
>>
File: DIwG_XWVAAAyzxa.jpg (100KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
DIwG_XWVAAAyzxa.jpg
100KB, 960x960px
>>6511916

with a little repaint they are.
>>
>>6511946
>a little
>>
How many people actually have enough talent to touch up their figures like that though?
>>
>>6511946
you could paint luke's face on a brick wall, that doesn't mean that wall is a good luke figure
>>
>>6511946
>a little
>literally repaint the whole face
>>
>>6511946
>>6511968
I ave the talent to repaint it and still wouldnt buy a BS over an SHF.

When people claim all you have to do is repaint them, it gets under my skin because why should I waste 2 to 3 hours of my time painting something with small fine tooth brushes that last only a handful of sessisons when I can spend $20 to 30 more and just get what I want out of the box.

Just work up a few more dollars or get a better job.
>>
>>6511997
>>6512090
Go outside for once and look at the figures in person.

The figures are good and are (usually) well painted, but pictures on the internet using Nokia 2004 cameras aren't going to show the details on a figure using glossy plastic.

So the figure looks great in person, despite the lack of paint, because you can actually see all the sculpted detail that makes it look like bearded Mark Hamil.
If they had added flesh colored paint to it it would start looking realistic (see Toy Biz MLs vs current MLs) and adding shading enhances the sculpt even more.

See pic in how impressive Hasbro's sculpts are, despite no paint at all. Molding it using glossy plastic does nothing to diminish the quality of the sculpt, except when it comes to viewing it as an image taken by shitty cams with shit lighting

There's only one company that actually tries to fake the detail by printing out the detail instaed of sculpting it in to make it look like the person.
>>
>>6512114
Oh look, we managed to summon subjectautist.
>>
>>6512090

Don't know why you're so mad. Its literally the case of "You get what you pay for".

If you pay $20 for cheap, sloppy toys that get hastily pumped out of an assembly line and have Chinese kids slapping paint on them as fast as possible because they're getting paid-by-the-figure. They could probably do more meticulous paint jobs, but that's why you're paying more for the Figuarts; Better paint and engineering.

Now, wait until the Hot Toys/Sideshow collectors come in here and tell you're your a scrub and to get a better job because your Figuarts are shit and don't compare to the detail and work of those higher-end figures.
>>
>>6512114
>because you can actually see all the sculpted detail that makes it look like bearded Mark Hamil.
No you can't. It's either buried or disguised by their shit paint apps. They look just as shit in person.
>>
>>6511893
Jedi never say die?? Haha

>Hey you guyyyssss!

>rockie road??
>>
File: roadrock.jpg (47KB, 601x458px) Image search: [Google]
roadrock.jpg
47KB, 601x458px
>>6512135
>implying Hasbro uses enough paint to bury a sculpt
lol

The worst they do is shit like OP, where it fucks with your head to see it misplaced, despite still seeing where the eyeball is sculpted.

Sorry dude, but you can't look at those extremely matte looking sculpts aren't impressive as fuck and then tell me seeing the same shit on glossy plastic somehow isn't the same, especially when said glossy look doesn't impede your vision in person..
See pic on how great it looks when an actor doesn't even need a lot of paint to look natural as a toy.

BTW, this sculpt and the ones i posted are all 1:18.

>>6512125
>Its literally the case of "You get what you pay for".
This isn't true at all.
We know for a fact that Hasbro overcharges for their toys (see TB MLs vs Hasbro MLs).
We also know for a fact that all Japanese collector toys are supremely overpriced as well (see cost of all Japanese goods, especially nerd shit).

There's very few companies that actually give you your money's worth. Fully painted figures with a ton of articulation isn't actually that costly.
>>
>>6512176
>This isn't true at all.

You're still paying less for an inferior product.

I mean, what you're saying isn't wrong. Its true that toy prices have escalated a considerable amount in recent years. I get that through the 90s toy prices never really rose with inflation, so an increase really wasn't unreasonable, but toy companies just got greedy and the prices continued to balloon even though quality stayed the same (if not regressed, especially on domestic figures.)

Just three or four years ago, most Japanese figures were half of what they are now. Most domestic figures that run at the $20 price tag should be $10 at most. Probably less.

The 80s and 90s were just a golden age of having $5-$6 6" figures, and like, $2 3.75" figures. Now you've gotta pay $12 for a crappy 3.75 SW figure with 5-PoA and no accessories. No wonder toy collecting is in shambles and parents don't want to buy this shit for their kids.
>>
File: Icons-Joker-19.jpg (160KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Icons-Joker-19.jpg
160KB, 2048x1365px
>>6512204
>You're still paying less for an inferior product.
Yeah, but what's wrong is just the QC. It's easy to not select the derp eye, because QC just means they dont give a shit one in ten comes out wrong.
The "better paint" you're advocating isn't even paint, since it's basically a decal they apply to the race and Hasbro has proven it's cheap as fuck, because they've started including it on their Marvel figures while still using regular paint apps. So Hasbro is actually spending more money on their paint apps (but not the QC).

>Its true that toy prices have escalated a considerable amount in recent years.
It's not even this. Labor/shipping/inflation/etc are a given and expected. It's just a fact that most of these toys are priced well above what a fair market value would be, just because of stockholders or japanese mafia (WTF is the reason for Japanese nerd products being so fucking overpriced?)

See pic on what fair value is for a fully painted, high QC, highly articulated toy is.
DCC even made a premium line for $40.
For mass market toys, McFarlane was insanely cheap for highly articulated, high QC, fully painted toys.
>>
>>6512114
Now just imagine if they put half as much effort into getting a good paintjob done as they have the sculpts.
But can't risk upsetting the manbaby american collectors who throw a fit at a figure costing over $20.

I'd love to see them do a small batch that you pay a bit more for but the paintjob is a lot nicer.
>>
>>6512263
>Now just imagine if they put half as much effort into getting a good paintjob done as they have the sculpts.
They do, especially now. See pic.

But they're making a billion every second and need to get them out two months ago, so chinese workers be rushed and don't care that one ended up derpy.
And as mentioned before, when you get the sculpt right, you don't have to do a lot of paint anyway. You can get away with just flesh colored plastic, and simple eyes and hair, because the figure already looks like the actor.

>But can't risk upsetting the manbaby american collectors who throw a fit at a figure costing over $20.
I don't think anyone here is upset, since almost all of us avoid stuf like OP. Only people upset are those who pretend every figure is like OP.

Most of us have been collector Hasbro's stuff because it is actually good to great and why we don't see the point of paying 2-3x more for something that doesn't even look like it should or barely looks better.
>>
>>6512303
Don't mix BS & ML. Marvel legends have been getting better paint apps for years, its black series that looks like pure shit.

If the print tech SHF uses looks so bad then why is hasbro swapping to it next year?

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2017/07/20/new-6-rey-resistance-revealed-at-hasbro-breakfast/
>>
>>6511916
>tfw when it's the only good star wars action figure line r/n
Like seriously. Figures that aren't part of the black series are awful. It's like they're from the 80s with only 5 points of articulation. Unless you want the expensive hot toys ones.
>>
>>6512114
no the paint isn't good at all. What they need to do is what the Marvel legend movie lines are doing now.
>>
File: Me tbh but uglier.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
Me tbh but uglier.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>6511893
I was tempted to buy TLJ Kylo Ren at Target today. I ended up not buying it because his outfit made him look like a GoT character.
>>
>>6512570
Wait for the Target exclusive that will have a cloth cape, his helmet, and part of the floor for Snoke's throne.
>>
File: ObiWan_Kenobi_11.png (605KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ObiWan_Kenobi_11.png
605KB, 600x800px
>>6512384
>If the print tech SHF uses looks so bad then why is hasbro swapping to it next year?
It's hard to tell, but based on the solidness of the colors, that looks to be the same as their MLs.
It's a mixture of spray masks, tampograph, and the dot matrix printer.
The dot matrix print is used solely for shading and highlights.

SHF only uses the dot matrix printer for the entire face and calls it a day, so it's all spotted and low resolution looking.
And they mostly rely on that printer application to make it look like the actor, because their sculpt has been off for so many of their figures so far.

>>6512532
>this isn't good
>collectors hadn't been praising and wishing for 1:18 figures to come back because they were so good
And I'm not saying the paint is great, it's just there and could be better, but most of us are satisfied with that because the sculpt is so amazing and spot on.
>>
>>6512114
this fag again posting a picture from 10 years ago.
>>
>>6512590
You said that the figures are well painted and that photos make it look worse lol flip flopping like a mother fucker.
>>
>>6512985
Yeah, it's from ten years ago.
They're for 1:18 figures too and are sculpted to actual size.
Hasbro still uses the same sculptors.

Point is that Hasbro produces god tier sculpts and why figures like Old Luke are liked, because you dont need a lot of paint to wow collectors, because the sculpt already details the figure to look great in flesh colored plastic.
Only people such as yourself who dont leave their room and only see shitty photos through the internet think it looks bad.

>>6511946
You dont know what flip flopping means when i say that collectors are still wowwed by the sculpt and think that simple paint looks good, especially when collectors are wowwed by not-painted-at-all eraser heads. The paint job on that Clone Wars Obi Wan is good enough to still impress collectors who want great likenesses of their favorite characters.
Customs like >>6511946 are fantastic, but the paint is only enhancing the sculpt that is already there. All it is is shading ,dry brushing, and washes... and for some reason, there are certain people on /toy/ who hate washes.
>>
>>6512519
Figuarts, Mafex Medicom, even Bandais Model Kits are a better option.
>>
File: IMG_4437.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4437.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I just got my Thrawn and his arm fell out of the socket. It doesn't seem broken, just like the peg is too long for the should to fit flush inside the torso. Any idea on how to fix this?
>>
>>6515575
Heat up the torso with a hair dryer or hot water and pop the joint back in.
>>
>>6515575
Sukebe arm dick.
>>
>>6515661
Thanks, it still sticks out a little more than the other arm but it seems more solid than it was before.
>>
>>6513819
>Only people such as yourself who dont leave their room and only see shitty photos through the internet think it looks bad.
>stalks /toy/ for more people shit talking Hasbro to repost the same images and arguments as if people give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about your argument.
>implying that you're not as pathetic if not more so
>>
>>6511946
>with a little repaint
and it still looks nothing like old mark hamill
>>
>>6511946
>you have to paint it yourself to make it look good
I hate this meme where people get poorly painted figures or and say
>I-it's okay I can paint it myself!!
like with Shin Godzilla and shit
>>6512125
People paid $100+ for a SHMA and was poorly painted on pretty much every figure
>>
File: Weyoun.jpg (4KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
Weyoun.jpg
4KB, 260x195px
>>6513819
That's a fantastic Weyoun figure, but this is a Star Wars thread anon.
>>
>>6516866
It's the same sculpt as this picture, which is only proof of how shut ins on the internet don't know anything.
>>
>finally go town and go to Walmart
>they have one Thrawn
>the eyebrows are all wonk and his hair has unpainted patches all over
and
>4 inch The Last Jedi figs already moved to clearance section.

>they still have six Krennics @$15
>>
>>6516884
>people in the internet that disagree with me are shut-ins that only look at pics that make things look bad. They surely can't be seeing these figures out in stores in person to judge them. Now let me go pick at every single anon that doesn't share my views and act like I have a life.
>yo look at these pics I post i. Every thread when this subject comes up of "god-tier" sculpts from ten years ago. Hasbro is so god-tier with their god tier likenesses.
Get a life
>>
>>6517254
>post picture of production toy
>ew i can't see shit because cameras are shit thus the toy is shit and not godtier sculpted
it's almost like I'm talking to a shut in who doesn't know how great the sculpts are because they don't leave their basements

Also, i like the insinuation that all of Hasbro's sculptors are either dead, left Earth through some other means, or work at Burger King because they love wasting their talent and hate money.
>>
>2017
>people still fall for subjectacuck's bullshit
/toy/ never changes, huh.
>>
>>6512590
>SHF only uses the dot matrix printer for the entire face and calls it a day, so it's all spotted and low resolution looking.

Once again proving you've never actually seen one of these figures in person.

Also, how do you go from defending Black Series due to the photos making them look shitty, to criticising Figuarts so harshly for the same thing. Do you honestly not see the hypocrisy of everything you type? Have you tried buying one to do a comparison instead of throwing these hissy fits every time new SHF's are announced?

>And I'm not saying the paint is great, it's just there and could be better, but most of us are satisfied with that because the sculpt is so amazing and spot on.

Massive understatement, the paint is bad enough that it completely masks these "amazing sculpts" you praise so highly, you have to completely repaint them to get anything remotely decent looking and at that point you could do the same to a LEGO minifig and get a great looking likeness too.

The sculpts may be great at one stage, but they're not what's released on shelves. I'll take good materials and a paintjob that at least presents a good likeness over your "accurate sculpts", thanks. Nevermind getting into things like articulation.
>>
>>6518478
If they ignored him, he would eventually give up and ask his mom for some tendies.
>>
File: saint joseph.jpg (64KB, 575x818px) Image search: [Google]
saint joseph.jpg
64KB, 575x818px
>>6518840
>Once again proving you've never actually seen one of these figures in person.
You remember that time i posted proof of seeing things in person and then people tried to switch the argument that I'm posting shooped images by adding noise to them?
Good times of people being desperate liars and overly defensive of their toys.

>criticising Figuarts so harshly for the same thing
That's cool how you can't read. Sculpt ≠ paint.
Bandai doesn't have good sculpts, so relying on printing what is essentially a low resolution photo to fake those details looks worse.

Hasbro has a good sculpt, so it doesn't need to use a lot of paint to look impressive.
The art world is full of unpainted and poorly painted statues that wow people all the time, yet you think I'm lying or being biased even though there's hundreds of thousands of adult collectors being impressed by Hasbro's Black Series figures despite average paint jobs?
Ignorant and crazy.
>>
File: eWvw7iy.gif (448KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
eWvw7iy.gif
448KB, 500x214px
>>6517260
>>
>>6518478
This board moves slow, you know full well most people here are crossposters who don't realize these things quickly.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.