[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modular Lego

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
I am thinking of starting to collect Lego Modular buildings.

I used to have tons of lego models, mainly exo-force, city and batman stuff but I gave these to my little cousin. I went to the Lego shop the other day where my friend works and he said he can get 50% off RRP online, and this made me want to pick up a modular sets?

Which set that is available at the minute would you guys suggest for a first time modular, and how would you go from there?

I'm thinking of starting with pic related as it is a few buildings in one.

General Modular Thread
>>
File: 20170617080022.jpg (75KB, 604x680px) Image search: [Google]
20170617080022.jpg
75KB, 604x680px
>>6500574
Also, as an exo force collector, I'd like a moment to appreciate these mechs from the ninjago movie! Just wish the price tag was a bit lower.
>>
>>6500576
>Just wish the price tag was a bit lower.
It's especially bad considering that one is less articulated than most of the $20 Exo Force sets.
>>
>>6500707
>>6500576

Are some of those ratchet joints kinda loose for anyone else?
They shoulder ones can barely hold up the arms.
>>
>>6500574
>Which set that is available at the minute would you guys suggest for a first time modular, and how would you go from there?

You should pick up the Detective Office, because it will be retired soon. It's a fantastic set, I have it and love it. Normally I disassemble sets after a week or two, but this one is still built two years later.
>>
>>6500576
>300$ for the Ninjago city modular
Lego please.

+1 on Detective Office. Also French restaurant is a nice add if you want some city building.
>>
>>6500778
>Saying that a set with 5000 pieces isn't worth 300$
>>
>>6500574
I have the most recent three modular buildings, all of which are great. Since they usually come out during my birthday, they're really big presents. If you have the money and the space, go for it. I agree with >>6500753
>>
>>6500931
Current Lego's prices are debatable.
>>
>>6500969

Definitely not the one you're talking about, though.
>>
File: drill men.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
drill men.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>6500574
>not rebuilding one of modulars to make a Gay Bar
i love lego modulars but they are a bit boring
So i rebuilt every single of them i have to turn into some cool wacky place.
Who cares about boring restraunts and stupid bike shops.
>>
>>6500574
The exo-force line was amazing-though I honestly was not satisfied with their alternate model/combiner sets, so I made my own...
>>
The Detective's Office, Brick Bank and Parisian Restaurant are all fantastic sets that are well worth adding to any collection, I want Assembly Square but it's way too pricey for what you get (especially when you get nearly 1,000 pieces more in Ninjago City for just about the same price).
>>
>>6500988
lol that sign

>>6500990
exo-force 2 when!!!
>>
>>6500574

As someone who has all the modular buildings, get the one that will retire soon. They are all great and they keep getting better. Go with Detective Office.
>>
>>6500990
thats pretty fucking kawaii anon
>>
>>6501143
>exo-force 2 when!!!
It's called Ninjago
>>
>>6500778
Wow I didn't know about that Ninjago city set. That looks fantastic. It's busy but in a really fun way
>>
Hey, quick question, which Modulars are set to retire next?
>>
>>6502061
thanks anon. it was fun limiting myself to only use parts from the exo-force sets that i was combining. heavy inspo from gundam, obv
>>
>>6502098
half of me wants to love ninjago for being the spiritual successor to exo force and orient expedition, but the other half of me wants to say kys for being so expensive.
>>
>>
>>6504050
Those are for the Creator 3-in-1 modulars, not the Creator Expert modulars. The set numbers indicate as much, anyway
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.