[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sylvanian Families/ Calico Critters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: main_pc_20.jpg (302KB, 1316x740px) Image search: [Google]
main_pc_20.jpg
302KB, 1316x740px
Is anyone into collecting them? I'm thinking of starting because they're [spoiler]cute[/spoiler] and also because of the doll house furniture and tiny accessories factor. I really like the old-timey aesthetic too.

Are they as detailed irl as they seem? Are the Japanese and US products the same quality, just repackaged?

Best place to buy them?
>>
I believe they are the same thing, just called Calico Critters in the US. They really are as cute and detailed IRL as they look in pictures.

Funny you started this thread, I just noticed yesterday my local wal-mart has started carrying them, which is weird because I've never seen them at a wal-mart before.
>>
I heard you can use the furniture for 1:18 figures...
>>
File: lgyxoth - Imgur.jpg (2MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
lgyxoth - Imgur.jpg
2MB, 4096x3072px
>>6493315
If you like/collect nendoroids/cu-poches, the stuff from Sylvanian Families works well with them
There is this gallery that have been posten in the related toyline threads where you can see nendos and poches using furniture form this line
>http://imgur.com/a/kmnUZ

>>6493591
I have never see 1/18 figs with furniture, but I believe that food items can work with them
>>
File: iRfWyq9 - Imgur.jpg (842KB, 3318x2212px) Image search: [Google]
iRfWyq9 - Imgur.jpg
842KB, 3318x2212px
>>6493923
>>
>>6493923
Are the articulate cu-poches with real clothes new? I only see them for pre-order on Amazon Japan. Where else are they sold?
>>
File: cpf_-alice_main-1.jpg (156KB, 765x600px) Image search: [Google]
cpf_-alice_main-1.jpg
156KB, 765x600px
>>6494055
As new as it a 4 years old line wtih like 40 figures released, you can get them from Amico, HLJ or HS, amazon too or BBTS, TOM or the like
>https://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-series/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9D%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A5/
>>
>>6493315
I know I've seen these (or similar) at target. target's always fun to get stuff from
>>
>>6493315
You can get them at Toys R Us.
>>
File: 6088b95466831bf809cb63ac23dd3c62.jpg (110KB, 907x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6088b95466831bf809cb63ac23dd3c62.jpg
110KB, 907x1000px
I own the pancake set, they're super detailed and cute. I would recommend if you're into miniatures and cutesy stuff to use as props.
The things you're getting in the package are exactly the same, just different regional packaging. I bought the english-packaging version for convenience, there really isn't much point buying the alternate.
>>
>>6493315
They are the same thing, I've seen the same set on amiami in toysrus but just with English packaging.
I remember going into a toy store near my house when I was a kid and fawning over the Calico Critters, but my parents always said they were too expensive. Recently when I was visiting Seattle I stopped into a big toy store that had a fantastic display of Calico Critters and it made me really want to get some for myself now that I'm an adult. Unfortunately, they're actually really damn expensive.
>>
>>6494623
holy shit i want this
my monsters and ugly creatures need to make some cute tea party!
>>
>>6494623
I'm finding Japan has more stuff, though. Especially the small accessories pack like that pancake set. America just has families and some furniture packs.
>>
>>6493315
Do Nendoroids fit inside the Sylvanian City House (the house pictured in the OP)? I'd really want to have a mansion for my Nendos.
>>
>>6496496
Yes, I believe the Nendoroids and the Critters are almost the same size. Nendoroids are a bit bigger.
>>
File: 1439416577748.jpg (77KB, 249x699px) Image search: [Google]
1439416577748.jpg
77KB, 249x699px
>>6493928
>>6493923
holy fucking shit this is cute. I've been eyeing nedoroids/cu-poches and Calico Critters forever, but I don't need another expensive hobby.

>>6493539
That is really weird. Are they any cheaper at Wal-Mart vs Toys R Us?
>>
>>6497233
Toys R Us always has a higher markup.

>>6496838
Not quite. Nendos are a fair amount bigger. I'd say some sylvian families are about the size of a nendoroid petit. The accessories just are cartoony scaled.
>>
>>6497724
>Nendos are a fair amount bigger
>I'd say some sylvian families are about the size of a nendoroid petit.
Not correct, the SF/CC figures are almost the same same as regular nendos and the nendo petites are too small compared to the Critters figures, so the dollhouse/furniture would be too big for the petites
>9000 hours on paint
>>
They look like really wholesome toys. I'd probably get a small set just for kicks. Maybe have the cute animals chill with my action figures over tea and cake or something like some weird interdimensional ewok village
>>
They're very cute, and I love them, but they're often WAY too expensive for what you get.
>>
>>6493315
>that seven-seater
That's it, that's what I'm getting my mother for her birthday: a seven-seater with the full rabbit family. She has a few toys on her desk at work (she's an automotive engineer), and her passion is child safety. This thing comes with three child seats. She loves bunnies. Fuckin sold, man. [spoiler]and now to wait for her birthday which isn't until April...[/spoiler]
>>
>>6503120
make them sex
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.