[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the best figures are limited one-offs from some jap in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: DF9erqUUMAAXs3b.jpg (28KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
DF9erqUUMAAXs3b.jpg
28KB, 1024x769px
>tfw the best figures are limited one-offs from some jap in comiket

Every time
>>
File: DF9esDLVoAADJEc.jpg (43KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
DF9esDLVoAADJEc.jpg
43KB, 1024x769px
>>6489515
>>
>>6489515
>>6489518
Damn these look nice and remind me of the concept models from Earthbound.
>>
>>6489515
>west in charged of any sort of artistic venture
No no
>>
File: Ep02_-_paranoid_okabe.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ep02_-_paranoid_okabe.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
I feel you OP. I'd post my holy grail from a recent WF, but I don't want more people trying to hunt it down. That's how paranoid I am about getting them.
>>
>>6489515
What are these called and where should I look for them? They're beautiful...
>>
>>6489515
>>6489518
Fin and Jake look kind of off but Marcy and PB are adorable.
If these were available for retail I would pay stupid amounts of money.
It's too bad that actual companies can't get it through their thick skulls that we might want cartoon figures that actually LOOK like the characters they are supposed to represent.
>>
>>6489745
I know, I've got all the pops (a couple of limited color variants aside) and a hadful of the Kidrobot statues. But man, I'd kill for these.
>>
File: IMG_1681.jpg (196KB, 1600x860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1681.jpg
196KB, 1600x860px
>all that one off shit you'll never be able to buy
>>
>>6489518
is that a jojo reference
>>
>>6489515
Dude, in Occident, toys are for CHILDREN
You are not a CHILD are you ?
>>
>>6489515
>>6489518
Awww man, why did you had to show them?
I'll never have the joy of owning a Fin or Marceline figure ever.
>>
File: DF9esddUwAE5xEC.jpg (49KB, 769x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DF9esddUwAE5xEC.jpg
49KB, 769x1024px
You forgot a great one.
>>
>>6489898
I saw this on MFC while trying to find these things.

Why the hell has no major comany decided to try something like this? I will never understand the lack of awesome merchandise for extremely merchandiseable IPs like AT, AtLA, and SU. These are IPs made to have action figures and collectibles, and they all seem to be or have been popular enough to warrant it.
>>
http://trbrindle.exblog.jp
>>
>>6489912
This, cartoon network cancelled young justice over no toy sales but allow these other shows to live normally without having a successful toyline. Granted they have tshirts, and bookings but still.
>>
>Garage kits
On one hand it's at least nice they exist at all, on the other hand it's painful knowing that despite being made, and the only way you'll find one is through a Japanese auction site more often then not 1-2 years after it came out then never see it again.
I'll never get any of those good metroid kits man.
>>
These are statues
>>
>>6490106
Japanese statues
>>
File: IMG_4671.jpg (30KB, 577x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4671.jpg
30KB, 577x669px
>>6489912
>tfw I will never have a Jasper figure
in the single piece of shit merchandise that she has, they didn't even put her nose gem that is literally her. I would pay out the fucking ass for a decent figure of her, wish CN would realize this.
>>
>>6490150
>>6489912
>SU
This is the weirdest one for me.
They keep making toys but everything is stylized in a way different from the show.
The closest thing we have to accurate figures are the MacFarlane not Lego sets.
>>6490106
>>6490118
/a/ bans people for even mentioning western shows so these wouldn't fit in there.
>>
>>6489898
GK-M plans to recast it

shop2000 com tw/GK-M/product/p26676202

But they only recast figures that have a certain amount of pre-orders so if you want one it's up to luck. Also recasts are rarely casted with parts separation.
>>
>>6490150
>when u want SU shit but all they get is Gamestop garbage

Stupid American cartoons not getting figmas or shit
>>
>>6490344
Really interested in getting one of these, but you have to paint it yourself don't you? I'm paranoid about not having the proper shit to paint it and/or fucking it up somewhere :/
>>
>>6490596
You can primer resin with Tamiya's super fine surfacer that comes in a can. Just make sure to clear it thoroughly with soap to remove any grease. A light sanding also helps, but resin dust isn't good for you, but wet sanding reduces dust in the air.

Once it's primed you can just hand paint it if you want.
>>
>>6489898
Holy shit, I was never really a big fan of Billy but I would buy this kit if I could. Both he and Finn look fantastic.
>>
>>6489515
>>6489518
That's what you get for having shit taste
>>
>>6490344
How good are these? I'm very tempted but if its 180+ for something poorly done, i dunno...
>>
>>6494435
Dunno, he was like $64, then they changed him from a regular garage kit to a pre-painted figure and upped the price.
>>
>>6494435
IDK about their pre-painting but their recasting is good. You might wnat to ask on the gunpla thread, there might be someone who has experience there
>>
>>6489898
you know, stuff like this makes me wish AT was a bit more serious and actiony than it is.
>>
>>6489515
Good. It's a shit show for tumblr tier 'artists'
>>
>>6494946
Let me take a shot in the dark; you love shows like Aqua Team Hunger Force.
>>
>>6495930
not him but wtf dude? I like Aqua Teen, I also like Adventure Time, don't be a shitbag and judge people's taste same as the guy slamming the show you like
>>
>>6495934
Did... did you really miss the point that hard?
>>
>>6495947
did you miss the point? I said don't go out of your way to make fun of people's tastes just because someone made fun of yours
>>
>>6495965
You don't get any input for missing the point that hard.
>>
>>6495980
Considering your point was "this OTHER show that people like also has bad art direction, so I'm validated" despite the fact ATHF was from the outset made as cheap as possible reusing pre existing backgrounds from previous Hanna Barbara shows and designing characters to again, be as cheap as possible to animate with the writing picking up any slack that in turn presented the show.
Unlike adventure time which was just in Pen Ward's style translated through the shithouse that is Frederator while going through more hack writers who shouldn't be working in the industry then marvel comics bringing down any charm the series had for the majority of it's run.
You chose the exact worst possible comparison, of all possible series' that any turner broadcasting associate network has ever aired.
From adult swim alone you could've gone with 12 once mouse, perfect hair forever, any of the CG series'. But no.
Your comparison, your entire point and defense for someone else not liking the art style of something you like, was something made as cheap as possible intentionally. Arguably what would be the lowest hanging fruit if it as a series wasn't the exact opposite of what you were attempting to defend due to one having had consistently good writing and actually improving as every season went along, to a series that shambled to pieces almost immediately after the creator left in every aspect and became a joke of it's former self.
Congratulations anon, you're retarded.
>>
>>6496038
holy shit i have never before witnessed this level of triggered outside of shitty copypasta
>>
>>6496038
Yup, you missed the point and applied your own logic because of a perceived slight against one show, ignoring the fact nothing negative was even implied.
Congratulations, you are quite retarded.
>>
>>6489912
In the case of AT, you can thank Cartoon Network licensing it to a shit company like Jazwares. The products were lame and only available at Toys r Us. I generally never wish for McFarlane to get a license, but he would have done a better job.

AT is especially bad, because LEGO acquired the license, then squandered it on a lame Ideas set and a handful of Dimensions packs.
>>
>>6496038
>It's okay this show looks like shit if it's supposed to look like shit!!!!

This is why you people should be kept away from the rest of the world.
>>
>>6490589

I think Hasbro does shit up got things once in a blue moon, Cartoon Network is always bitching about toys yet they only sell TTGO and PPG shit are they GAY or what?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.