[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soul of Chogokin - Big O (GX-48K)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

Re-release includes the expansion pack and colors better matched to the anime cels.

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000116685

Will you be getting this and hope they make Duo and Fau?
>>
>>6487002
Yes. Im not missing this beauty a 2nd time!
>>
>>6487002
Nope. I may have been interested in a DX SOC or maybe a completely new SOC version but the old SOC would feel like a downgrade compared to the Max Goukin I already own.

Bandai should just stop this cheap SOC redeco/retool trend and focus on new molds.
>>
I own the original without the DLC parts, I'm not sure how to feel.
>>
yeah, but what's the price
>>
>>6487002
Shit, and i just barely snagged one on ebay. I suppose a second with the addons wouldnt hurt since i have some money that i was setting aside for a metal build. The one i got was missing its base so it'd be nice to have a new full set
>>
>>6487260
Says it right there in the link. 23,760 yen.
>>
>>6487225
I'm selling mine now.
>>
>>6487225
>I own the original without the DLC parts, I'm not sure how to feel.

I have the original with the expansion pack... strongly considering getting this if only because I prefer the colors on this one.

That and I want this to sell enough that they actually consider making one for Duo....or maybe an extra "final stage" parts set.
>>
>>6487326
How much?
>>
>>6487002
Better question is how the fuck do I buy it?
>>
>>6487002
That looks nice but i could never justify spending more than $100 on only 8" tall
>>
>>6487541
Anime-Export, BigInJap or Nippon-Yasan. Be careful with the last one, if something goes wrong with your item, they won't do shit to help you out.
>>
>>6487624
>be careful with the last one
I find the first one is where the problems start
>>
Does singapore P-bandai normally carry limited chogokin runs? The GX 48K doesn't seem to show up on their site.
>>
>>6487644
Every time I saw someone talking negatively about AE it turned out the customer was a retard who doesn't understand how the site works.
>>
>>6487002
weird it looks like in the picture they added tha cast iron texture like the max gokin has.
>>
Hmmm. I have the original with the accessories pack. I also have the Gokin O, Duo, and Fau.

I don't think I'm going to get this one because the paint isn't that much of an improvement for me. It's cool they're rereleasing it for people who want it, but I don't think this is going to lead to a Chogokin Duo or Fau. It's just Bandai making money the cheapest way they can, with a repaint.
>>
>>6487688
>weird it looks like in the picture they added tha cast iron texture like the max gokin has.

Yeah it's called "kurogane finish" or whatever and it's hard to tell if it's an actual texture or some kind of metallic paint. I kind of like the look of the first release better. It seems more anime accurate.
>>
>>6487002
do they use diecast in the joints?
not looking to buy something that is going to inevitably have loose joints.
>>
File: 1491873199382.gif (582KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491873199382.gif
582KB, 480x270px
>MFW the shipping costs
Diecast metal. Never again.
>>
>always wanted the original
>comes with the expansion

Yes I will be buying this for sure. Still need to get the megazord before it shoots up in price
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhsPa5K3kSw

Commence drooling.
>>
>>6487208
>Bandai should just stop this cheap SOC redeco/retool trend and focus on new molds.
This could be seen as Bandai's way of testing the waters. They pretty consistently get asked about the RD Big O figure but they still seem apprehensive about spending the money to put it into production. By using a cheap alternative (rereleasing the original SOC w/upgrade pack), they can use the sales as a metric to judge if the demand for Big O merch is still real or if the requests are just a vocal minority, all while taking as low of a monetary risk as possible.

I too already own the MG Big O and love it to death but back when I bought it, it was a tough choice on which to get. Each figure had something I liked that the other didn't have but this was a special occasion purchase for myself so I could only afford one. Now that I have a much higher income, I have a second chance to get both and enjoy each of their different features as well as support demand for one of my absolute favorite anime, possibly encouraging Bandai to finally release that RD Big O as well as the other Megadeuces in other articulated mech lines.

TLDR: I already have and love MG Big O but I still want this and am happy to have not only a second chance at it but one with more accurate colors AND the bonus pack included because I just fucking love Big O and want more of it.
>>
>>6487473
I'm probably gonna wind up throwing it on ebay. I had no idea these were selling for more than $120 now.

I'll probably shoot for anywhere from 185 to 230.
>>
>>6487002

Are they really not going to put this up on the American P-Bandai? Do they really think more people are gonna by that battle damaged Mazinger and the statue of Ankoku Daishogun
>>
Sure, I'll buy. I just hope sells are great enough to warrant a Dorothy fig.

The Figma is decent, but I feel they can do her more justice.
>>
>>6491332
I don't understand how else you can improve upon the figma.

She's a lifeless robot with a dull funny personality.

The figma pretty much does that.
>>
>>6491202
Can you tell me how you quantify the "They pretty consistently get asked about the RD Big O"? Are surveys made public somewhere?
>>
File: BN01.jpg (128KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BN01.jpg
128KB, 750x1000px
>>
>>6491202
Think you got your lines a bit confused. Wasn't it a Super Robot Chogokin Big-O that was shown years back?

And the kit is a non-scale "Mecha Collection" model kit, not a Master Grade.
>>
>>6491350
Fix the feet, add better waist/torso articulation, ab crunch, better hands/wrist articulation, non plasticizer leaking PVC dress.
>>
>>6491586
You're lucky enough they decided to release Roger and Dorothy as figmas taking into account that The Big O is dead and never was that popular in Japan. I don't believe for a second that someone else is going to release action figures of them in the near future.
>>
>>6491606
>Lucky enough
Oh, fuck off already
>>
>>6487808
please answer
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
You know what's funny?
I have a friend who has only started getting figures. The original SOC Big O was his grail. He literally got it this month.

We jokes forever about "Man, knowing your luck, the minute you buy it is the minute they put out a newer, better one."

Then BLAM, out of nowhere with no real reason for them to look at this figure again in years, this guy comes along. I'm so happy I came to /toy/ today.
>>
File: LMAO1.png (205KB, 713x1151px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO1.png
205KB, 713x1151px
>>6491618
Pt.1: The Phantom Butthurt
>>
File: LMAO2.png (199KB, 1389x713px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO2.png
199KB, 1389x713px
>>6491618
>>6491624
Pt.2: Buttmad Tendency
>>
>>6491609
That's the first thing I said about this.

And it's true. The figmas are good enough and the show isn't really all that popular to warrant new figures. If you seriously believe Bandai is going to announce figuarts or something with no new season in sight you're deluding yourself, they've been sitting on prototypes of far more popular shows for years.

But you're free to believe that another miracle will happen, of course.
>>
>>6491641
It's a hope, not something that WILL happen. Are you just some jackass that always has to be right? No wonder most people can't stand you.
>>
glad I waited then.

So this is a rerelease of the older figure, but with a better paint job?
>>
>>6491687
>It's a hope, not something that WILL happen.

I never said otherwise. What I'm saying is that the chances are minimal, as simple as that.

>No wonder most people can't stand you.

What are you talking about dude? Are you sure you're not mistaking me for someone else?

And why are you getting so butthurt about this? They're just toys, for fucks sake.

>>6491727
>So this is a rerelease of the older figure, but with a better paint job?

It also includes the accesory pack that they released separately back in the day.
>>
>>6491624
>>6491626
>>6491618
You're a douche, I'm sorry for your friend to both have this situation happen to him and to have a fucking shitbag like you as an acquaintance expecting us to laugh at his misery.
>>
File: Showtime.jpg (887KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Showtime.jpg
887KB, 2448x3264px
>>6491890
Hey, said friend here.

After my depression settled(It's been kind of a shit month and I'd just woken up so this made me explode a bit more than what's probably healthy), I gotta admit that it's kind of a ridiculous and funny situation. This is literally something neither of us expected and had joked about for quite some time, after all, why would they reprint a mecha from a very, VERY dead anime, let alone make it better? Needless to say, while I'm upset with this, and I do kind of regret this decision I made, I'm pretty excited that I don't have to hunt down a decently priced expansion kit..I'll probably just give the old one to a friend or, as my friend suggested, have them duke it out.

Don't worry, I even gave him permission to post the conversation here as, looking back on it, my freakout was funny, and I wanted people to "laugh at my misery", hah!

Pic related, it's my (Now antiquated) Big O about to punch the shit out of one of my other favorite(And also antiquated, it's the old Revo Eva 01) robots.
>>
File: Eh.gif (677KB, 498x314px) Image search: [Google]
Eh.gif
677KB, 498x314px
>>6491890
>>6491933
What can I tell ya?
If you can't see the humor in this situation like my friend who actually had to deal with the backlash of it did; you take yourself way too seriously and must be a fucking hit at parties.

This is figure collecting 101, faggot. This happens with everything, eventually a newer, shinier one will come out most of the time.

I've had toys made obsolete by new versions all the time, and none of them have had this kind of impeccable timing.

Shit happens, you can either cry about it or you can see it as an opportunity to get an updated version of your favorite plastic guy.
>>
>>6487002
>Big O
So, how bad is the bluefin mark up? Or would it be better to use a proxy?
>>
>>6492025
>So, how bad is the bluefin mark up?

Nonexistent. Bluefin is a meme that was only really good for getting us stuff like the exclusive Megaman D-Arts at cheap retail prices.
>>
>>6491933
Bruh, time to get new friends.
>>
>>6492031
That's nice.
Seeing as Big O season 2 was literally funded by Turner I don't really see how a NA release won't happen. They just recently announced a NA release of a pbandai 00 kit.
>>
File: Good christ.gif (310KB, 220x223px) Image search: [Google]
Good christ.gif
310KB, 220x223px
>>6491890
>>6492051
God damn, when did 4chan turn into such cucks?
Next time I'll hold a candle light vigil and fly my flags at half mast.
>>
>>6491202
>This could be seen as Bandai's way of testing the waters.
Just like all the past rereleases of the line. Oh wait.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.