[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel General: "I Paid $80 For Wolverine" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 78

File: 80 Fucking Dollars.png (679KB, 717x709px) Image search: [Google]
80 Fucking Dollars.png
679KB, 717x709px
OLD THREAD:
>>6479190

Anyone got the updated checklist?

Also, DC Multiverse figures are allegedly getting a revamp in the future to mirror MLs.
>>
>>6486036
im a noob but is that 6 inch?
>>
>>6486070
Yeah it is 6 inches, really fuckin' expensive though
>>
>>6486076
I've just searched this one on ebay and it goes for AT LEAST 100 bucks boxed. It is however the best wolverine with the classic look I've ever seen.
>>
>>6486036
I finished Red Hulk, I wonder if I have him
>>
>>6486082
Right but the poster who bought it took it right out so there was no reason to drop that much
>>
>>6485380
Shit thats a recipe for a Red Sonja!

Good job anon.
>>
>>6486036

I would buy more DC Multiverse figures if they didn't have those good awful hips.
>>
Does anyone here have the ms lady deadpool yet?
>>
File: IMG_8494.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8494.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>revoltech Wolverine comes out next month for $65
>OP paid $80 for that pos ugly figure that retailed for 7.99

I'm laffin
>>
>>6486132
OP didn't, it's a reference to another poster in the old thread. Still laffable regardless though.
>>
>>6486087
And the ears were all fucked up looking
>>
>>6486132
Fuck off weeb. Nobody wants that ugly jointed Revocrap.
>>
>>6486189
Not that anon, but I think the joints are covered up pretty well, to be honest. They've been improving the Amazing Yamaguchi line with every release. Luckily, most of these have seen rereleases, so you'll have time to change your narrow-minded opinion.
>>
File: wm-bp.jpg (74KB, 1191x593px) Image search: [Google]
wm-bp.jpg
74KB, 1191x593px
wtf
>>
>>6486189
I would agree with you that the Spider-Man wasn't very good but the Wolverine looks fantastic
>>
>>6486204
Scalpers love speculation.
>>
So far this week
>SDCC 5 pack
>TRU 6 pack
>Man Thing wave
>Thor wave sans Ares
>last 3 from the Mantis wave
>last 1 from the Warlock wave

RIP in Peace my wallet
>>
>>6486210
But
>Sold & shipped by Wal-Mart
>>
I'm almost does with my War Hulk BAF. Dude those weapons are shit. I think it's a few things. One for me is they aren't big enough for me. They just seem out of place with the size. The Axe should be huge! Also, they're flimsy as shit. I do like you can take most of the stuff off and make him normal hulk with paint. I hate the solder arm strape. It always comes off.

I still need a Cyclops. Recommendations?
>>
>>6486036
It's not a matter of the guy buying the Wolverine for $80, because that's close to its current market value in that condition. It's the fact that he OPENED the figure that is so hilariously dumb, because being in the box was literally its only type of value since only completists would want something that old and outdated at this point.
>>
>>6486255
How can you think they are flimsy...they are solid as hell. Sure axe could be larger, but the handles for each are solid and the hammer is like a rock.
>>
>>6486256
Who cares? You people act like you've never spent money on stupid shit before.
>>
File: Ares.jpg (381KB, 1368x925px) Image search: [Google]
Ares.jpg
381KB, 1368x925px
>>6486211
Ares is good. I just wish they had fixed his ugly Y joints.
>>
>bsing with friend
>tell her how I'm eyeballing red hulk Wolverine on ebay
>kinda considering getting one for a MVC display
>decide not worth spending the 40-50 bucks to get one
>forget all about it
>that xmas her xmas present to me is red hulk wolverine, MOC

Told her she went way overboard, crazy awesome gift but totally missed the mark becuase now I can never open it for a MVC display. Lol
>>
>>6486352
Did you suck her feminine cock?
>>
>>6486204
oh is that the scalper Toywiz? you forgot to click wal mart only.
>>
>>6485954
I bought a revoltech deadpool off amazon third party seller for like $70
waited 3 months, never came, got a refund. The price went up over that time period, so I called and complained about it.
They gave me a $10 gift card to cover the difference (prime member btw), and I bought another. Turns out that one never showed up either, so I just got a refund, but I got to keep the gift card so whatever
>>
Is the A-Force set gonna hit TRU stores or am I shit out of luck? I have 3 stores in a 30 min radius who usually stock decently...
>>
>>6485954

I would honestly suggest going to an out-of-the-way trashy walmart. In my experience the shitty walmarts in the middle of nowhere or in shitty areas seem to have near full cases of the Netflix and Ragnarok waves.
>>
>>6486369
See >>6486213. I have it bookmarked with all those options selected, so it will only show it being sold from Wal-Mart, not 3rd Party sellers.

Besides, it's gone from the page now. Says no longer available...
>>
>>6486393
you might find it, I don't know anyone that wanted the whole set
>>
>>6486393
they said it would hit stores, but that was before it was out and Hasbro changes plans a lot
>>
>>6486399
>BBTS isn't retail
>goal post moved that the purple sentinel wasn't found at anything but outlets
>ignoring proof that Sentinel was shipped for Christmas season to ANYONE
>ignores fact that /toy/ had been posting sightings of it at normal retail
CUTE!
>>
>>6486256
It was an in joke for anyone reading the old thread. Figured it didn't need explaining.
>>
>>6486448

BBTS isn't retail dummy, it's e-commerce and privately owned.
>>
>>6483207
Dont even think about it, $500 for a ML is stupid
>>
>>6486496

He was clearly being facetious.
>>
>>6486554
Considering that's legitimately how much that figure sells for, I doubt it.
>>
>>6486485
making up your own definitions now?
So Amazon isn't retail? TRU.com isn't retail? outpost.com isn't retail?
You're really this desperate to try and be right, huh?

Nevermind the fact that BBTS was able to order from Hasbro shows it wasn't Hasbro just dumping everything on super discount and points toward the fact that any retail store could have (and did) carry it.

Sorry dude, but reality is that people were buying the classic Sentinel colors from more than just outlets and other dumping stores.

For laughs, here's a 1998 article about how even way back when they knew the definition for "retail" applied to internet stores as well: https://www.forbes.com/1998/12/04/feat.html
>>
>>6486036
>allegedly
They're called DC Essentials and there's plenty of pictures of them

I can't wait to FINALLY have a decent Trinity on my 1/12 shelf
>>
>>6486619
It's ironic that DC fans have to keep dealing with sub paar figures AND movies.
>>
>>6486448
You're a sad sack of shit for bringing that stupid argument over to another thread. You need to end yourself.
>>
>>6486625
I thought the DC Universe Classics line was mostly good, desu
But the shit distribution killed it and now it seems like people don't even remember it existed.
>>
>>6486275
I disagree completely. The bar coming from the handle is really flexible. It's not flopping around but it's not solid.
>>
File: Etrigan BBTS.jpg (80KB, 638x485px) Image search: [Google]
Etrigan BBTS.jpg
80KB, 638x485px
>>6486632
DCUC were shit back in the day, because Mattel was shit.

Mattel is still shit and their revamps are still not close to mirroring MLs, even from back then or when Hasbro dumbed them down from Toy Biz's tooling.
Did i mention that Mattel is shit?

DCC's Essentials line does mirror Hasbro's stuff, but they're badly proportioned and not even as well sculpted as the Icons line, which had more articulation.

>>6486625
As a DC fan (i like marvel too), i'm saddened by how we can't have awesome things.
Mezco is probably our only chance for good toys now, unless DCC changes style.
>>
>>6486619
DC Essentials is a separate line by DC Collectibles that's replacing their Icons line. Multiverse is the Mattel DC line.

And their new "revamped" figures really don't look any better.
>>
>>6486036
worst claws
bad figure
>>
>>6486393
You're out of luck. SDCC exclusives never make it to stores. Plus they sold out of their online reserves already.
>>
>>6486802

It's not an SDCC exclusive, though. It was sold there, but it's a TRU exclusive after that. If it ever ends up in stores is up in the air, but it wasn't a con exclusive like the Thor box.
>>
>>6486804
suuuuuure
>>
>>6486838
>"It's an SDCC exclusive"
>[being sold through TRU website]

?????????

Battle for Assguard is an SDCC exclusive, and being sold later through HASBRO's website, not a third party retail chain.
>>
>>6486847
>HASBRO's website
that's not a retail store.
>>
>>6486857
Can you not read? That's what he's saying. The Battle for Asgard isn't being sold in a retail store. The A Force boxset is.
>>
>>6486857

What are you even saying?
The A-Force box set is NOT and SDCC exclusive. It's being sold on TRU's website, because it's a TRU exclusive, like the MJ or Dark Phoenix 2-packs.

That doesn't happen with SDCC exclusives. It didn't happen with the Doctor Strange box, the RAFT box, or this Asgard box.

They said months ago the A-Force shit would be in Toy R Us stores, because it's a TRU exclusive. Whether it actually will be or not is up in the air, the actual sales of it right now online might determine if that ever occurs. The point is, it's not a con exclusive, specifically because it's being sold through a retail chain's website and from its announcement it was called a TRU exclusive.

Thus far I don't think there's been a ML retail store exclusive that was online only, I could be wrong, or this could be the exception if I'm not. But that's not really relevant to the point either way.
>>
So is it true we're getting a second wave of Netflix/Marvel Knights Legends?
>>
>>6486874
I haven't heard that, but the current wave seems to be selling as well as any other.
If they followed the mold of this one, 6 figures with 4/2 split of netflix/comic, idk who they could put in it.

>Netflix Luke
>Netflix Danny
>Netflix ... Diamondback?
>Netflix Defender's costume Elektra?
then like 2 comic figures, one the nemesis of one of the heroes and the other some random choice
>Comic Davos
>Comic Purple Man
or something, with some random BAF
>>
>>6486256
Anon who bought it here. Can confirm that the package was fucked when i bought it. Also for the anon who said the eat was messed up, I did my best fixing it. Didn't spend my money wisely, but 2 weeks later and I am still happy with my purchase. Sure it was stupid, but we all make mistakes.
>>
>>6486651
Sold my Hela pieces here and after having them in hand for even 2 seconds I knew I made the right choice by waiting for the Mezco.
>>
>>6486886
As long as you're happy and can take a tongue in cheek joke about it
>>
>>6486879
Yeah, they'll definitely want to complete the Defenders crew. Probably Danny, Luke, Colleen and Diamondback (Misty already got a comic fig and she'd just be a lady in a jacket at this point). Dunno about the comic figures. I'd kill for an Echo or Typhoid Mary. Also, Kingpin BAF or bust.
>>
>>6486879
Random BAF.... You mean Kingpin, right?
>>
>>6487107

Kingpin seems like a good choice, yes.
But, you know, they did Man Thing the first time.
I would make any bets.
>>
Man-Thing's the first BAF I actually want to make. How fucked am I and who's going to be the biggest pain in the ass to find?
>>
>>6487113

In order of rarity, in my experience, it's

1) Bullseye
2) Jessica
3) Elektra
4) Blade
5) Punisher
6) Daredevil

Frank and Matt are the most common because they're both double packed, but probably also because it's not like they don't have a few versions available already (especially at walgreens which seemed to get this wave before other stores).

Bullseye is a get because he's a popular character who hasn't been made yet, and he comes with a shitload of accessories compared to everyone else in the wave.

Jessica, I don't know why, I guess because people like her show? Idk. Her face always looks like trash whenever I see one, and that kept me from ever getting her.

Elektra is probably for similar reasons to Bullseye, though less so because she's not the comic version. Her alternate unmasked face looks great, though.

Blade sucks, but I think people get him because he's Blade.
>>
>>6487113
You can always get him for $50-$60 online. I think BBTS sells him. That or Ebay.

I have him but I'm on the fence whether to put him together or not. Any suggestions? Sell or keep? Thanks.
>>
File: RS1973CovBRareBenesVirg.jpg (172KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
RS1973CovBRareBenesVirg.jpg
172KB, 600x900px
>>6486090
Needs less armor, more chainmail!
>>
>>6487124
Blade was the first figure to sell out at my LCS that got multiple cases of the wave. As lacklustre as the figure is, this is still the very first comic Blade in Marvel Legends, so I can see how there's still some hype around it. Personally, I like it, and the complaints about the legs and head sculpt don't seem to bother me. Just would have liked to get more weapons with him.
>>
File: loki1.jpg (61KB, 330x576px) Image search: [Google]
loki1.jpg
61KB, 330x576px
Since Hasbro has mostly failed with Loki, anyone know if Lady Loki is better than both movie versions and pic related?
>>
File: lady-bullseye.jpg (69KB, 482x1050px) Image search: [Google]
lady-bullseye.jpg
69KB, 482x1050px
>>6487081
That reminds me, did we ever get Lady Bullseye?
>>
>>6487152

Lady Loki is another good female ML.
Meaning her articulation is meh, her hands are too big, but these flaws can be overlooked if you put enough weight on a pretty face.

Which I always do.
>>
>>6487158

The faces of a lot of the females have been pretty nice recently.

Just wish they had expressions other than "Vacant stare."

Just off the top of my head, Sue Storm and Enchantress seem like the only ones that actually expressions, and they still looked pretty good, I thought.
>>
>>6487169

Lady Loki has more of an angry/vengeful look, so they sidestepped the emotionlessness.

Enchantress and Sue are definitely still the best, though. Them being 80% the same face with like slight mouth turn differences and what not helps with that.
>>
>>6486874
>>6486879
>Netflix Danny
>Netflix Luke
>Netflix Kingpin
>Comic Colleen Wing
>Comic Elektra
>Comic Purple Man (SDCC reissue)
>BAF Mephisto

Fite me
>>
>>6487176

I would prefer a comic Kingpin over a Netflix one, but we got Netflix Elektra and Jessica before comic versions (though comic Jessica is coming), so it could be possible.

Colleen Wing, not in a million years.
>>
>>6487180
>Colleen Wing, not in a million years.
Why not? She'd be a good sidekick to the upcoming Amazon Defenders set and she is a frequent partner of Misty Knight, who already has a figure.
>>
>>6487186

Being in any way related to Misty isn't a good thing. Even Hasbro has to know she's still sitting on shelves.
>>
File: IMG_5653.jpg (371KB, 1849x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5653.jpg
371KB, 1849x2048px
>>6487174
Enchantress is criminally underrated as a figure. The smarmy face on her looks different from every angle. Also worth noting, her boobs came out looking realistic. Usually you get ill proportioned busts on figures that you get used to it.
>>
File: IMG_5654.jpg (67KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5654.jpg
67KB, 500x638px
>>6487261
Her hands are fucking wonky though but that seems to be the rule rather than the exception
>>
>>6487261
Enchantress always threatens to make me start a Thor collection.
I got Ares the other day, and if Malekith was a single card figured, I'd have gotten him by now.
>>
>>6487261
Her hair is also really nice, in that it's soft and flexes out of the way very easily.
>>
>>6487265
She was the figure that made me get into MLs even though I have yet to buy her lol. I saw her at TRU and thought the figure looked gorgeous. Her, Silk or Anya are my favorite MLs
>>
File: Diamondback.jpg (168KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
Diamondback.jpg
168KB, 612x380px
>>6486879
Would definitely want a Luke and Diamondback, if only because they'd make a nice pair and it'd be great to have more MCU villains that isn't just a guy in a suit (not that I don't like Kingpin or Kilgrave).
>>
File: JAbf4bA.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
JAbf4bA.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6487261
>>6487262
>>6487265
she's a real winner
>>
>>6487304

Most of the Spider girls/women look pretty nice in general.

I actually liked Kitty Pride a lot too.
>>
>>6486975
You sold them to me. I stand by my choices. You were right tho. The weapons suck.
>>
File: Sword.jpg (243KB, 654x824px) Image search: [Google]
Sword.jpg
243KB, 654x824px
Where can I get a sword like this?
>>
>>6486587
>thinks anon made up the term e-commerce

I shouldn't jump into this, because you're arguing a senseless debate, and being a huge ass, but now you're just being an ignorant duck. Why you gotta be this bro? You're being such an argumentative tryhard and now you're stooping to saying real world terms fake. Just talk about toys and stop shit posting. Imo you're arguing semantics. I work in an online "retail" industry, I don't tell people I work retail. I also don't argue with people about such senseless things. Did someone sell you a bent sue storm? Why you being so unchill bro? This is /toy/ stop this shit
>>
>>6487152

They should just give us 1960s style loki.
>>
>>6486307
Damn, see if you can put a Frank Castle head on him, then you have a solid custom base for a Guts fig.
>>
>>6486352
>>6486363
Answer the question.
>>
>>6486619
>I can't wait to FINALLY have a decent Trinity on my 1/12 shelf

I wouldn't bother. They're only going to cancel the line in a few years and start another differently scaled line.
>>
File: 51w+XgEuihL._SY450_.jpg (51KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
51w+XgEuihL._SY450_.jpg
51KB, 316x450px
>>6487124
>Bullseye is a get because he's a popular character who hasn't been made yet
>>
>>6487429
Hasn't been made by Hasbro.
>>
>>6486874
>Netflix Luke
>Netflix Dumbass Fist
>Netflix OG Costume DD
>Comic Elektra
>Comic Hand Ninja
>Comic Colleen Wing
>BAF: Comic Kingpin
>>
>>6487261
the only flaw is that she wears high heels. that's a toy no-no
>>
>>6487477

I was worried about that, but I got her to stand just fine, surprisingly.
>>
>>6487176
>>6487443
Actually, I won't fire either of you. I like both wave ideas, but prefer Kingpin (if Netflix) as a single card. I'd also kill for a re-issued Purple man (then get a Dr. Who figure of Tennant so that headswaps can be made between comic and Netflix).
>>
>>6487555
*Fite, not fire.
>>
>>6486657
The Mezco look nice, that price sucks though. Especially if you want a set.
>>
>>6487372
Casting cave has a similar one but not that big.
>>
Which of you scumbags have invaded my TRU and walmart? My area is relatively untouched by scalpers and just light competition from other collectors but for the most part I can find most stuff once it actually gets stocked on the floor. Now though, in the last month or so i have seen opened figures, return swaps, missing BAFs and yesterday the new GOTG wave all cut open with an xacto knife and all the mantis peices and extra shit stolen.

Fuck you whoever you are you scumbag.
>>
Does that Homecoming two pack with the Tom Holland head fit on the homemade suit figure?
>>
>>6487174
I wish we would get a male Loki that look as good as that.
>>
>>6487736
I think while the MCU Loki is as popular as he is, Hasbro will just make that version. The only comic Thor villains we've gotten was Enchantress in the Doctor Strange wave because they needed to fill a slot, and Ares because it was 90% reuse of the BAF from years ago.

And Malekith and the big troll dude, I forget his name, are con exclusives. They don't even want to do a general classic comic Thor, either.

It's odd that they scrape the bottom of the barrel of obscurity sometimes but refuse to do characters everyone knows unless it's Spider-man, Wolverine, Cap, or some random Iron Man suit.

Hasbro has done Mockingbird and Sister Grimm but not Doctor Octopus for christ's sake.
>>
>>6487746
Some times i wonder if they are not saving the big guys for strategic moments, when they get more hype because of a movie or after a certain quota of obscure characters has being sold.
>>
>>6487670

No. The Holland ball socket is too small for the Spidey suit body.
>>
>>6487753
That's definitely a possibility.
I think they do get a general heads up about what's coming up in the MCU pipeline, that's why we got Batroc shortly before Winter Soldier came out, for example.

Maybe they know Doc Ock or Scorpion will be in the next Spider-man, so they're saving them for that. Scorpion had a cameo in Homecoming, so maybe he'll be a major player next time.

And they try to stay topical with the comics to some extent, especially when it comes to Spider-man, though they've done like 3/4ths of the Spideys from Spider-Verse and have yet to do a Morlun BAF.
>>
>>6487756
Damn, that sucks
>>
>>6486363
>>6487414

i went through a nasty breakup that really messed me up for a good few years. About 6 months into it I met her. She became someone to talk to that really helped me through it, so we became close friends. That xmas I got her a few presents, and i have a habbit of "really trying" when it comes to picking gifts out, her response was "holy crap everything you got was PERFECT", so next xmas she tried to up her gift game with me, did so by just throwing money at an expensive item i mentioned interest in.

tl;dr got mentally broken by a cunt of an ex and stuck myself in the friendzone with a new acquaintance to survive, wound up getting awesome gift(s) because of it

she also bought me a car. No joke.
>>
>>6487792
>she also bought me a car
What scale?
>>
>>6487795
1:1
>>
>>6487430
He literally just now was made.
>>
>>6487005
Hey, you gotta have a sense of humor about yourself. Sometimes you get goofed on, senpai.
>>
>>6487897
Did you not read the post?
I said Bullseye, currently in stores, is selling the fastest of the wave because he's a popular character that hasn't been made before.

I obviously excluded the Toybiz version released 12 years ago (which I own), because it was fucking released 12 years ago.
>>
>>6487427
Wot

Why would I care about a differently scaled line, this is my scale
>>
>Lament the fact that I can't find Netflix wave anywhere
>Go to Walmart
>Only DD and Punisher
>Hit up another Walmart
>DD, Punisher
>Walgreens
>DD, Punisher
>Another Walgreens
>DD, Punisher
>Target
>No Netflix wave figures at all
>Rinse and repeat for Weeks
>Hit up all the same stores today
>Dare fucking Devil and Punfuckingisher everywhere
>Stop by a Walgreens
>Daredevil and Punisher...but wait, what's this behind them?
>Jessica Jones and Blade

Well hell, at least I found them finally. Still need Electra and Bullseye, but it's a start.

Also swung by TRU and found the Dark Phoenix and Cyclops two-pack.

Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>6487903
Your statement is still incorrect. You can't just ignore the past.
>>
>>6488020
>hasn't been made by Hasbro
>didn't include Toybiz
There's nothing incorrect about his statement.
>>
>>6487756

I really wish they would standardize the neck ball.
>>
Well Im happy I just scored, currently driving up to maine on vacation and just stopped off when I saw a Walmart Super center and a target in upstate NY. Scored Ares and Bullseye at target. While the Walmart had most of Gotg v2 and I grabbed Adam Warlock and the ultimate vulture 2 pack. Then to my surprise as i left I found one of those displays that had at least 2-3 cases worth of spiderman homecoming figs and I gravved moon knight but skipped the rest.

All in all great score, stock looked to be completely untouched. Very happy considering my walmart has nothing new and still has hyperion and crap on the pegs. Started my vacation off right.
>>
File: image.jpg (553KB, 1701x1884px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553KB, 1701x1884px
Picked up Lady Deadpool from Local Comic Shop since it's going to be a bit of a quiet week. Every positive ends up having a downside to it on this figure though.
>sculpting and paint is nice, but some joints end up very paint stuck
>headpool might be my favorite accessory from any figure this year, but he doesn't float off the ground high enough
>the amount off accesories is nice for what you pay, but two hands on one arm don't want to play well (grabby hand is secure but a little easy to pull off, trigger hand is useless)

As a display piece, it's very nice and I dont regret the purchase. As an action figure though, it might have benefited from one more pass before production. What really hurts this figure is if you're buying it as a statue as per some selects, I don't know if there is more to offer here than if you were to spend 5 dollars more and get the Gallery Lady Deadpool instead.
>>
>>6488014
did you buy daredevil and punisher tho?
>>
>>6488164
Yeesh, that fucking PAK tier elbow.
>>
New Leak
>>
File: 18220830.jpg.jpg (26KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
18220830.jpg.jpg
26KB, 450x450px
>>6488195
>Dagger
Well looks like I'm getting at least one of those
>>
>>6488195

I'll take this with a grain of salt, but
>house of M SM
Didn't someone just request this suit a few threads ago? Also House of M Iron Man BAF when?
>>
>>6488195
>cloak and dagger
called it
>doc ock
fucking finally, now to save some time and get disappointed in the costume choice now. Hopefully their use of bendy wires for mr. fantastic means his tentacles won't be shitty.
>elektra and dd
Comic elektra sure, but what DD?

Also, I read house of M literally two months ago when amazon had trades on sale, and I don't remember any of these suits.
>>
>>6488211
House of M Spidey is an ugly suit, but the last time it was made was a crappy light up eye version Toy biz did...so sure, why not.

I hope Ock has bendy arms....long arms, too.

And yay cloak and dagger...Maximum Carnage is almost set!
>>
>>6488195
>INFINITE LEG DAREDEVIL
Is this some new ability they gave him in the Netflix Defenders show or something?
>>
>>6488229
It's secretly stilt-man.
>>
File: PackagedDragonMan.jpg (330KB, 472x768px) Image search: [Google]
PackagedDragonMan.jpg
330KB, 472x768px
Should I get him or foom?
>>
>>6488195
Surpised Doc Ock and Cloak are single carded. What do you think the Daredevil and BAF are? TV ninja Daredevil/armored DD and Kingpin/Hydro Man.
>>
>>6488195
>Scarlet Spider
Please be Kaine
>>
>>6488195
>Cloak and Dagger
I'm mostly indifferent to them, but it's nice for fans of those characters.
>Doc Ock
Nice. Super glad he's not a BAF, but let's hope he had nicely articulated tentacles instead of the awful superior venom ones.
>Elektra
Again, I'm indifferent, but it's nice we're getting a classic look.
>House of M Spidey
Always happy to get more Spidey costumes.
>Scarlet Spider
I'm going to assume this is Kaine on the new body instead of the new Ben Reilly suit, which only lasted 4 issues. I'm very happy to get a new Kaine, especially if it's on the 2099 body.
>Daredevil
Probably his current black costume. I don't care and already have the hobgoblin figure. Easy pass.

I'm guessing the BAF is gonna be Kingpin since he's been discussed in the past and fits with the daredevil and street level characters.
>>
>>6488195
Dude this is a whole line I would buy!? What year is this?

Also, what doc ock? I hope superior ock
>>
>>6488285
>I hope superior ock
I don't even hate that design, but no thank you
>>
>>6488286
Is it because you want a regular ock first?
>>
File: daredevil_6.jpg (47KB, 243x618px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil_6.jpg
47KB, 243x618px
>>6488195
>Daredevil
I can only hope and dream
>>
>>6488309
That would be amazing.

>>6488234
If this happened I would be the happiest person alive.
>>
>>6488333
Also, forgot to mention, Moon Knight is 19.99 on amazon right now
>>
In the new scarlet spider comics Ben has a new suit for a few issues before going back to the old one, do you think Hasbro made a figure for that suit not knowing he'd go back to the old one or is it a new Kaine
>>
>>6488309
On the moon knight body.
>>
File: 12.png (752KB, 577x723px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
752KB, 577x723px
had a chance to get the new spiderman recently, what do you guys think? Can't decide...
>>
File: 11.png (208KB, 217x395px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
208KB, 217x395px
>>6488366
also a chance to get bulldozer but I passed, I know i'll probably never see this one again so my fuckup
>>
>>6488352
Could be either, wouldn't be the first time they gave us a costume that was barely used. Superior Venom appeared for what, a whole three pages?
>>
>>6488164
disgusting arms, and not in the mantis is disgusting way.
>>
>>6488195
no one of this was at Comic con?
>>
>>6488242
Foom. at least he's big enough to warrant paying so much for him.
>>
File: 20170710_183624.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170710_183624.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>6488366
>>6488369

The new commander zalcon action figure looked really tempting too but i only had so much to spend
>>
>>6488369
Both of the figures you posted have been tampered with. Don't buy them.
>>
>>6488195
>doc ock
RIP me for just spending 70 on the series 8 one last month. I can only hope its a shitty costume
>>
>>6488309
that would be nice. I'd also be happy with the current Black and Red Daredevil as well or one that uses the new 2099 body. The bucky cap mold is getting a little old.
>>
File: 2.jpg (462KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
462KB, 747x1328px
>>6488366
>>6488369
>>6488403

GoTG2 Iron Wolverine BAF Yondu (female variant) was also available, but I don't do many girl figures so passed on it even though it was a steal. There were a bunch of good ones at this walmart
>>
File: 1.jpg (420KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
420KB, 747x1328px
>>6488366
>>6488369
>>6488403
>>6488420

Another really good deal was GoTG/captain america baf batman, but I prefer marvel so I passed

>>6488404
Can anyone else confirm? I think you're just trying to stop me from getting good deals.
>>
>>6488366
>>6488369
>>6488403
>>6488420

Did someone buy every figure in the store, only to return all of them with shit in the box?
>>
File: 4.jpg (412KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
412KB, 747x1328px
>>6488366
>>6488369
>>6488403
>>6488420
>>6488425

And finally was GotG superman, yet again at a great discount. unsure of what baf line this was though, anyone?
>>
>>6488437
That's the helmet of Kyoryuzin from Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
>>
>>6488195
>Cloak & Dagger
I'm kinda OK with the Select version but I'll reserve until I see them.

>Doc Ock
Pass...I like my TB version, but I know a lot a anons here have been praying for a new one so thats cool. If it was the Superior Octopus though? I'd be all over it

>Elektra
Pass, I'm happy with my old TB & I was never a big fan, although I did grab Netflix Elektra to go with my AI Ninjas: >>6480251

>House of M Spider-Man
What does he even look like? [Google] Nah I'm good.

>Scarlet Spider
It's gonna be the costume everybody hated. If it also comes with an unmasked 'diseased clone head' it might be worth looking at.

>Daredevil
Besides this one >>6488309 what else could it be? Not a fan of that look myself but its got its fans.

This is gonna be a real cheap wave...unless the BAF reveal gets me interested.
>>
>>6488437
>>6488438
fuck, my nephew actually needs that helmet since he lost his.
>>
>>6488429
the 3 clearance once were all at the same store at the same time, the other 2 were different stores about a month apart.

My area sucks to try and find ML's, scalpers pick out all the good stuff, but I started noticing in the last year more and more of the shit switches, started taking pics because it was amusing to me + how often i come across it

weird thing is sometimes stores go untapped. I started buying ML's when pizza spidey came out. I musta seen two dozen of them between 2-3 stores for about a month, along with carnage spidey, scarlet spider, 2099, morales, etc etc

when the new venom came out i saw a ton of him too, but now any figure that ebays for 1 dollar above retail in profit is dried out immidiately. Been tyring to catch a brown suit wolverine / deadpool / ghostrider / old man logan / punisher for ages and just isnt happening.

God belss the BST though, you guys save my ass.
>>
>>6488455
id offer to grab it for you if you wanted to pay price + shipping, but i cant remember which store that was, and its probably gone by now

forgot to ask, anyone know the white/yellow "baf parts" in my pics? just curious.

Also whos the elf chick in >>6488420
>>
File: 559d8bd371dac.jpg (91KB, 551x850px) Image search: [Google]
559d8bd371dac.jpg
91KB, 551x850px
>>6488454
>what else could it be?
his current costume maybe.
>>
>>6488456

I just don't really get the point of swapping. Especially since in a lot of those pics, they left all the accessories/extra parts/BaF parts. What's the point?

I still think that in a lot of cases, the people doing this are only doing it for the lulz, in hopes that some random person is going to find the and post them on a toy forum.

I live in a pretty big area, and I don't think I've ever seen a repack. But judging by a lot of the toy forums I've gone to, you'd think it was super common.
>>
>>6488463
Yeah that would be a REALLY cheap repaint.
>>
>>6488465
I'm in the houston area, so one of the biggest

My guess is the ones where theyre leaving all the accessories they just want the figure itself for customs

then theres "resellers buying cheap lots on ebay and swapping out low value garbage for quick flips through shit swaps"

or "neckbeard really wants spidey, but is scared shitless of being caught so he leaves all the extra goodies intact so theres no weird gaps in the packaging"

then of course theres the ones tha tjust want hte BAF part, and may or may not take the figure cause shit, at that point why not
>>
File: DD-MWF-costume.jpg (173KB, 1024x1559px) Image search: [Google]
DD-MWF-costume.jpg
173KB, 1024x1559px
>>6488454

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love this costume. an unmasked head and some hands.

As long as they don't just try and repaint the body of the DD we have now and try to pass it off.
>>
>>6488460
I think the elf chick is a Magic The Gathering figure - Nissa Revane
>>
What if it's this Ock?
>>
>>6488454

>happy
>with a female Toybiz figure
>happy with Elektra specifically

Are you also "happy" with the Toybiz Scarlet Witch?
>>
>>6488500
That would be shit. I want my classic Ock.
>>
File: 20170818_161919.jpg (182KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_161919.jpg
182KB, 864x1152px
For any Canadians, be sure to check any EB games near you. I had a walmart near me that had the Thor wave in except fro Hela and Ares, so I popped in to an EB games to see if they had Ares, and to my surprise they had almost the entire GotG2 second wave (and Black suit Spidey and Invisible Woman). They were just missing Gamora and Nebula.

Picked up Adam, though it was a bit of a messy paint job.
>>
>>6488500
I think it would say as much.
It's not like Agent Venom and Superior Venom were listed as just Venom.

I would like a Superior Ock, but that'll be an easy make for them after they get a real set of Octopus tentacles in the mix instead of the Symbiote tentacle half measure their using again for Lasher.
>>
>>6488479
i could see the eyeless tied cloth DD getting a figure given its use in the show
>>
>>6488454
>what else could it be?

Didn't Matt go around unmasked with just a red three piece suit for a while?
>>
>>6488549

didnt a daredevil come with unmasked head already?

maybe im crazy
>>
>>6488559
The walgreens one did, but I mean in the comics for a while Matt went public and just did daredevil shit wearing a red suit (as in business suit).
>>
File: bh7spa.jpg (216KB, 1024x1574px) Image search: [Google]
bh7spa.jpg
216KB, 1024x1574px
>>6488564
This
>>
>>6488568
ew
>>
>>6488568
I'd be OK with this, if anything it'd mean a new business suit for future characters.
>>
File: reddevil.jpg (115KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
reddevil.jpg
115KB, 512x768px
>>6488734
>new business suit
It's Hasbro. They're gonna just slap the Walgreens unmasked head on the Chameleon/JJ body. Shit, I probably spent more effort on this 'shop than they're gonna spend on this figure.
>>
File: 043.jpg (140KB, 756x836px) Image search: [Google]
043.jpg
140KB, 756x836px
>>6488479
I'd fucking love that DD too.

>>6488500
Do want, but they seem fairly committed to Spidey rogues so I think we're getting a classic.

>>6488504
Yes I am. I'd rather this maligned Toy Biz version than then the over-lauded Hasbro one that looks like a bored cosplayer, but enough about my collection, are you "happy" sucking cocks?
>>
>>6488789

You're delusional if you think that Scarlet Witch wasn't trash upon release, and hasn't gotten worse compared to even the worst Hasbro Wanda.

>bored cosplayer
lol no, and even if that were true, that's better than the toybiz one, which looks like Wanda's mother drank whilst pregnant

But please, tell me I'm "sucking cocks" thinking pic related is better than that turd you posted.
>>
>>6488564
>>6488568

im curious- how did this get undone, or does everyone know who DD is now in the comics?

>>6488776
this guy understands how these games are played.
>>
>>6488211
All new all different Daredevil probably
>>
>>6488195
I could definitely go for a new Elektra and DD if he's a classic one. Preferably a straight re-release of the Defenders box set one because fuck paying $80 when I only want one figure. I'm still rocking the original Spider-Man Classics Series 2 DD and the Marvel Legends Series 4 Elektra figures so I think both are in need of upgrades.
>>
>>6488454
>>6488789
Nice to hear someone else appreciates the Toy Biz Witch.
>>
>>6488818
They did for a while, they recently did an arc explaining why people don't know his identity post-Secret Wars involving the Purple Children
>>
>>6488852
are you kidding me
her face looks terrible and her body is grotesque
>>
>>6488818
They pulled a pulled a one more day and made everyone forget he was daredevil using the purple man. Matt even went to Hellstrom who said Mephisto had done it once before.
>>
>>6488366
>>6488369
>>6488403
>>6488420
>>6488425
>>6488437
Why is this shit happening seemingly more and more? This shit started in my area last month. Stuff like this never really happened before near me but now it seems like its spreading.

Is it some meme thats becoming more prevalent as a tactic? Is legends just attracting more poorfags and scumbags? I feel like every thread theres a picture of this shit happening
>>
File: daredevil-1.png (405KB, 897x790px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-1.png
405KB, 897x790px
>>6488463
I wouldn't mind the red fist wraps and boots version of the black coustume. Especially if they use the SM 2099 body.

But Armored Daredevil needs some love dammit!
>>
>>6488463
Im hoping for shadowlands DD
>>
File: wrong board.jpg (75KB, 593x553px) Image search: [Google]
wrong board.jpg
75KB, 593x553px
>>6488852
Muh nigga

>>6488802
>>6488904
>RRHHEEEEEE stop liking what I hate!

I'd say put a cork in it but you'd rather put a cock in it instead
>>
>>6488955

Interesting how you ignored the objective argument and talked about dicks again.
I was like 11 when Toybiz made that Wanda and even then I knew it was trash.
>>
File: modern elektra.jpg (508KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
modern elektra.jpg
508KB, 700x1050px
What would you do if they made this Elektra instead?
>>
>>6488970

That's much better, honestly. Her "classic" costume is one of the worst looking of any Marvel character.
>>
>>6488970
Probably buy it if the figure looked good anon
>>
Just picked up Sue and I really like her. Has anyone spotted Johnny? and did they say when Reed is coming?
>>
>>6488987
POST PIC OF SUE
>>
>>6488970
Isn't that basically the same thing as the netflix one?
>>
>>6488970
Muh dicko
>>
File: IMG_20170818_220525.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_220525.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>6488988
here you go anon
>>
>>6488994
More or less, though more sash and skintight I guess. Also gave me that Strider Hiryu vibe as well.
>>
>>6489010
Got her recently as well, she's such a cutie
>>
File: Star.jpg (368KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Star.jpg
368KB, 756x1008px
>>6488943
I too saw it for the first time recently. Seems like someone wanted a V2 Star Lord, but with the long coat.
>>
File: IMG_5359.jpg (3MB, 3010x4013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5359.jpg
3MB, 3010x4013px
>>6489016
This is now an ML Waifu thread
>>
>>6489016
Shes great. Thinking about it now though I would've rather gotten something other than HERBIE with her like force field pieces or maybe Franklin or something. Very eager to have the whole FF
>>
File: 1332363357346.jpg (19KB, 540x337px) Image search: [Google]
1332363357346.jpg
19KB, 540x337px
>>6488958
>Interesting how you ignored the objective argument

Even more interesting how YOU are confusing a subjective argument for an objective argument.

I've replaced a few older TB figures for modern Habro versions (or Marvel Selects) but for now I am happy with MY Toy Biz Wanda & see no reason to replace it with another one just because YOU deem it is better.

It's my toy collection anon.

Why the fuck are you sperging out about something that isn't yours, will have no bearing on your life and will in no way deter you from sucking all the dicks you want?
>>
>>6489017

Ha, I did that but kept the guns and the backpack
>>
>>6489028

>just because YOU
me and everyone else
>>
>>6488420
Hold up, there's a Blink figure?
>>
>>6489038
that's some magic the gathering shit or whatever
>>
File: IMG_1870.jpg (622KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
622KB, 1000x1500px
>>6489026
Remember, if you don't think Peter/MJ is the ultimate Spider-OTP, you're wrong.
>>
>>6489053
Sadly, Marvel themselves have been wrong for almost a decade now
>>
>>6488980
Off yourself
>>
File: guuurl.jpg (173KB, 1387x929px) Image search: [Google]
guuurl.jpg
173KB, 1387x929px
>>6489026

>tfw Marvel grills get their own shelf.
>>
>>6489102
>no black cat
>>
>>6489108

Soon, my friend.
>>
>>6489102
Wtf is wrong with enchantress and silks legs
>>
File: ThotSquad.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
ThotSquad.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6489102

everyone post #GirlShelf
>>
File: pose.jpg (9KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
pose.jpg
9KB, 300x450px
>>6489123

Well, with Enchantress, I was just trying to get a sort of sultry-looking pose, but the articulation and her shoes kind of work against it...
>>
>>6488951
Shadowland DD with alternate posessed Beast head and "demonic" hands from Carnage would be legit.
>>
>>6489031
Seconded
>>
>>6489102
>>6489128
>no Anya
It's like you guys don't even like teenage spider booty
>>
>>6489172

I have Anya, I just singled out the hoes. My Spider-Gwen isn't there, either.
>>
>>6489128
Sadly I don't have a #GirlShelf shot and I'm at work. Once I get Enchantress, Black Cat and Ultimate Spiderwoman (and possibly Scarlet Witch) I'll have best girl shelf
>>
>>6489186

Damn, you reminded me I need a Dazzler. Good thing she's kind of a shelfwarmer.
>>
File: IMG_1501.jpg (768KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1501.jpg
768KB, 1500x1000px
>>6489128
It's just missing MJ, one of my more recent purchases.
>>
File: IMG_1933.jpg (590KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1933.jpg
590KB, 1000x1500px
After getting Adam, I realized I had to take a picture with Ultron, especially since I have a red cape. I think it looks awesome. Now if only I had an alternate 6 eyed head.
>>
File: IMG_1928.jpg (621KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1928.jpg
621KB, 1000x1500px
>>6489205
>>
>>6489031
Yeah, i have to agree with that guy.

You're mistaking subjective with objective and wish the male figures were more anatomically correct.
>>
>>6489198
Kinda wish we got an unmasked Beetle head
>>
>>6489205
I really wanted to like that Ultron. I wish that body had modern ball hips and ankle rockers. And that the hands didn't look so awkward--that body was sculpted during that phase where hands (especially fists) looked strange and bulbous sprouting from the wrists. They've gotten a lot better at it since.
>>
>>6489215
>subjective

>this: >>6488802
vs
>this: >>6488789

Sure you can like the worse one more, but that has nothing to do with objectivity. Opinions are not relevant to what is literally a better sculpt.
>>
>>6489217
Same. Wish we'd gotten more fun accessories for the Superior Foes lineup in general. Like, everyone should have come with unmasked heads honestly, it really humanizes them as the fuckin goofballs they are.

Shocker REALLY needed a masked worried/sad eyes head. Huge dropped ball there.
>>
>>6489030
we found one /toy/
>>
>>6489221
My issue is that the sculpting and paint make it look like cheap plastic. I get there's a limit on how nice an ML figure can be but it's so subpar
>>
>>6489222
one's skinnier than the other.
Subjective.

We need more fat chick toys.

anyone remember the name of that chick superhero who fires her period blood at people like a firehose?
>>
File: IMG_6992 (1280x853).jpg (489KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6992 (1280x853).jpg
489KB, 1280x853px
>>6489221
I got him for cheap, and I'm pretty happy with him. The Y joint hips do suck, but my least favorite part is probably the awful feet. Not only do they not have ankle rockers, but they're blocky as hell.
>>
>>6489256
Also, i'd like to see fat guy toys too.

Without a doubt, we'd have seen this guy made into the MU line eventually.
No such luck with 6" figures.
>>
>>6488242
no
>>
>>6489256
They are both figures of popular Marvel comic book character Scarlet Witch. Fact.

For 90% of her existence, Scarlet Witch has been thicc hoe dressed in whatever the artist's current idea of sexy pink and red outfit is. Fact.

Both figures replicate the same costume for Scarlet Witch, barring a minor cosmetic difference, bare skin around the shoulders. Fact.

The Hasbro figure has a body sculpt more resembling the comic book character. Fact.

The Hasbro figure has a more natural looking joints than the Toybiz one. Fact.

The Hasbro figure as a face that more resembles a generally attractive Scarlet Witch face. Fact.

The Toybiz figure has a weird, slightly uncanny valley face sculpted by someone who couldn't get a female face down. Fact.

Where does subjectivity enter the comparison here? It doesn't.

Subjectivity enters the comparison when you let the fact that you've had one figure for a longer period of time than the other. That's a valid reason to LIKE a figure more, we all have that with one or two. But that's subjective.

The comparison of physical qualities are not subjective. Especially when the comparison is "Which one looks more like any random, well-drawn comic panel of the character?" or "Which one looks less like a crappy mid-2000s toy with needless articulation?" or "Which one is cuter?" etc.
>>
>>6488195
>Scarlet Spider

While I'll be okay with it if it's Ben's short-lived new suit, I really hoped it's an updated Kaine with an alternate unmasked head.
>>
File: understanding-comics1.png (124KB, 556x271px) Image search: [Google]
understanding-comics1.png
124KB, 556x271px
>>6489263
>all these words just to say you have a preference for Hasbro's thicker looking Scarlet Witch
sure is opinions
>The Toybiz figure has a weird, slightly uncanny valley face sculpted by someone who couldn't get a female face down. Fact.
But this? Are you pretending to be retarded?
Uncanny valley means that they're so close to a realistic sculpt that any off details makes it look weirder than it should. So you're saying that Toy Biz's sculpt is more realistic.

Now here's a fact you're purposely ignoring: Marvel Legends don't try to immitate the comic book styles, and barring the very rare exceptions, they have been going with realistic looking sculpts since the beginning. In fact, almost all of the sculptors have used real life people to base their sculpts on.

So again, you have your preference and that doesn't make your favorite sculpt some definitive standard.

Now, if this were a DCC line, you could argue up and down on which figure got the best Jim Lee Batman sculpt, because actually aimed to produce a 1:1 figure and can be verified like any objective standard.
>>
>>6489270
That'd be great. But there's always gotta be one pegwarming disappointment...
>>
>People defend toybiz's female legends

How? I don't believe people are serious about this, it's not even a close comparison. The toybiz female figs are janky as hell.
>>
>>6489282
You're both stupid no effort was put into any because of basic bucks. and the toy biz one is shit, as the rouge was.
>>
>>6489282
>Marvel Legends don't try to immitate the comic book styles

Except they do that more times than they don't, what the fuck are you talking about? Other than than that, the other common grouping is MCU versions.

But they almost ALWAYS copy a specific comic look. Electro. Ultimate Vulture. Spider-Bitch. Scarlet Witch. Captain Marvel. Miss Marvel. Sandman. Red Onslaught. Do you need me to list 90% of MLs?

>>6489286
It's nostalgia, clearly.
>>
>>6486132
Yamaguchi is a cancer and I want him to go away.
Marvel Revoltechs could be pretty great if they would hire somebody who can sculpt.
>>
>>6489294
Aside from his Spider-Man the Marvel Revos are great, though.
>>
File: Greg-Capullo-Zero-Year-Batman-01.jpg (575KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Greg-Capullo-Zero-Year-Batman-01.jpg
575KB, 1638x2048px
>>6489293
>they almost ALWAYS copy a specific comic look.
They clearly fail then, since it's incredibly rare for them to actually succeed like DCC does.

Also, i think its funny how you call the Toy Biz figure to look uncanny valley (too realistic, but not realistic enough) and are now saying they're totally trying to imitate the comic book look.
Which is it, duder?

pic of where there's no mistaking in what they're doing; how it's done right.
but no, Hasbro/TB rarely ever tried, because when they did, they got it so damn right like that Thor whose artist i forget.
>>
>>6489299

Are you fucking joking? The two figures of Wanda we're talking about are basically the same costume, and it's the costume she wore in the comics for the majority of the fucking 2000s through the All New, All Different change-up.

What the hell is wrong with you? Who cares about DC?
>>
File: thor in game of thrones.jpg (526KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
thor in game of thrones.jpg
526KB, 576x1024px
>>6489300

So when you say they're doing the comic book look, you don't mean they're actually imitating the style, but just the costume itself?

But anyway, what Toy Biz did and Hasbro has done is take what was done in the comic and done a realistic version (usually based on a real person), unlike pic of Copiel's Thor which is 1:.9999999999 exact or DCC's works.
>>
>>6489309
>what Toy Biz did and Hasbro has done is take what was done in the comic and done a realistic version (usually based on a real person)

what the hell are you talking about? the only time that happens is when it's a movie version

non-movie MLs are cartoon faces, like GI Joes or He Man figures.
>>
Holy shit enough, take this argument elsewhere you two for fucks sake. Neither side will fucking concede.
>>
>>6489311
You're fucking dense.

Pic of John Bryne's Dark Phoenix on the left realisticededed up.

Does that make Toy Biz's objectively the better figure? Nope, because despite actually taking his work and sculpting it into a real person, it's up to you on which version you prefer.
>>
>>6489333
what real person?
neither of those look like real people, they look like comic book characters.
aka drawn cartoon people
>>
>>6489333
right, not left
>>
>Hasbro MLs look like real people
I don't care for the argument going on, but anyone who actually believes this is memeing and needs to get out more. Hasbro works off of a basic semi-realistic template sure, but the proportions and stylization are still comic book-inspired even if it's not based on a specific artist's style.
>>
File: David Vonner as War Machine.jpg (174KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
David Vonner as War Machine.jpg
174KB, 600x800px
>>6489339
Hey, that guy was calling Toy Biz's sculpt an uncanny valley, so it clearly shows he doesn't know what he's talking about.

And I wasn't saying that the bodies are realistic proortionately, just that they're based on real people. The heads/faces, hence the example of TB's ML Dark Phoenix.
>>
>>6489348
what real people?
Toybiz made Jean Greys that looked like a real person, Famke Jansen, who played her in the X-Men movies.

They also made generic comic book versions that looked nothing like any real person, because they were cartoonish, because they were comic versions.
>>
I accidentally forgot to update my payment on amiami for figuarts spiderman so they cancelled my order. Do you guys think the aftermarket price will shoot up or should i wait for the mafex and take my pick?
>>
>>6489355
It'll shoot up for at least a few weeks if not months.
>>
>get netflix daredevil
>arm is snapped instantly

I've had two figures snap at their limbs this week and it is getting very annoying.
>>
>>6489422
Once and it's an accident.
Twice it's your fault.
>>
>>6488195
Are these for next year? I've been wanting a comic daredevil but all I can find are the yellow walgreens ones. hoping this new one is pretty good.
>>
>>6487152
Don't get why he hasn't had and update yet...
>>
File: land comics.jpg (2MB, 3112x2060px) Image search: [Google]
land comics.jpg
2MB, 3112x2060px
>>6489354
see >>6489348
Almost all artists will take someone they know IRL and model characters after them. Lots and lots of GI Joes were sculpted that way. Toy Biz sculptors did the same thing, and Hasbro uses many of the same sculptors (still).

Again, Hasbro/Toy Biz rarely ever made anything after comic book characters actual looks, like that Coipel's Thor. Only the uniform itself is pretty much the only accurate thing, as every single comic book artist also draws characters differently... who also model characters after real life people (whether it's people they know or porn actors, who knows).
>>
>>6489495

Figures copying a specific art style should only exist in sub-lines. Otherwise they look shit next to each other.
>>
>>6489504
No shit, hence MLs being on the realistic side.
>>
File: Shitposting.jpg (559KB, 1113x999px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.jpg
559KB, 1113x999px
Hey guys what's going on in this thr-
>>
>>6489495
I can't fucking stand Greg Land. But, to be fair, the clutching chest Iron Man trace is Salvador Larroca.
>>
File: worst couple.jpg (121KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
worst couple.jpg
121KB, 1000x733px
It's truly unfortunate when a great set Luke this has to be impossible to find and scalped to shit and back on eBay.
>>
>>6489591
*LIKE this. Fuck my brain.

Love the extra Phoenix heads too, just wish Cyc had an optik blast effect too.
>>
File: 4L_BhXiIT69.jpg (315KB, 800x1320px) Image search: [Google]
4L_BhXiIT69.jpg
315KB, 800x1320px
>>6489594
where did you find yours or did you just go the eBay route? I'm just hoping to catch it on Toys R Us .com
I'm truly fucking sick of store exclusives though and how hard they can be scalped
>>
>>6489600
I got lucky.

I placed an order for it when it was "in stock" a month ago...only to have them email me they couldn't fulfill the order but it "wasn't a cancellation."

It always cancels on me when I get that, so I gave up...and nothing around here ever showed, then last week I got an email confirmation and then a shipping notice.

So pure dumb luck.
>>
>>6489591
just got mine in the mail today. such a great set...so happy to have snagged it off TRU website. Just put an alert in or go on the r/actionfigures since they update people on when something goes up for sale fairly quick.
>>
>>6489600

I walked into TRU yesterday and there were 3 on the shelf.

Grabbed one, and walked around the store, and by the time I walked back around I saw a couple other guys grabbing the other ones.
>>
>>6489621
>or go on the r/actionfigures
wheredoyouthinkweare.png
>>
>>6489626
>somewhere that would rather continue a one sided feud between tibetan doll collector message boards than actually get the exclusive handcrafted dolls they want
You know what nevermind, you're actually right.
>>
>>6488987
Johnny isn't out state side yet.
>>
>>6489591
I got mine delivered a few days ago. The phoenix head sculpts are amazing. I'm tempted to get the regular jean grey figure and use one of the head sculpts on her.
>>
>>6489611
Same thing happened to me. They emailed me on Tuesday I got it on Wednesday.
>>
>>6489423
I would normally agree with this but I warn each joint that even feels remotely stuck and both of the ones that stuck felt like the joint just crumpled.
>>
File: 1293473519346.png (235KB, 450x348px) Image search: [Google]
1293473519346.png
235KB, 450x348px
>>6489222
>Opinions are not relevant to what is literally a better sculpt.

So what YOU think is objective & anyone who disagrees is subjective?

You are deranged. Get the cock out of your mouth & seek help.
>>
What iyo is the best female Toy Biz Legend?
>>
>>6489294
CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK REVOLTING TECH A SHIT
>>
>>6489756
I can't wait to have Revo Cap stunting all over Hasbro's.
>>
>>6489703

That's what I did. I actually like the hair sculpt of the green suit Jean, but the way it attaches to the head is kind of bad looking. Plus, mine had a case of the crazy-eye, so I gave her the regular, straight-hair head, and gave the "swept" hair head to red Jean.

Honestly surprised we got three heads for her.
>>
>>6489495
Greg Land is a hack but Ben Grimm has no range of facial expression so I don't find that as egregious.
>>
File: IMG_1939.jpg (737KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1939.jpg
737KB, 1500x1000px
I should have put this cape on Ultron a long time ago.
>>
>>6489957
He's like "YESSSSSS"
>>
File: IMG_1937.jpg (672KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1937.jpg
672KB, 1500x1000px
>>6489965
Conquering the Galaxy is very rewarding
>>
File: IMG_3369.png (107KB, 261x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3369.png
107KB, 261x321px
>>6489957
>Blue and gold Nova
>>
>>6489737
>cocks cocks cocks
you're truly obsessed
>>
>>6489969
Underrated figure.
>>
File: THIS-IS-FOR-NOVA-CORPS.jpg (462KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
THIS-IS-FOR-NOVA-CORPS.jpg
462KB, 1280x853px
>>6489969
You best not be shit talkin Rich.
>>
>>6489975
It's one of the worst Hasbro MLs
Jesus christ when did these threads become filled with delusional shitheads

>toybiz made great female figures!
>jean grey looks like a real person!
>nova is good!
>>
>>6489957
Where's it from?
>>
File: IMG_0598 (853x1280).jpg (374KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0598 (853x1280).jpg
374KB, 853x1280px
>>6489985
From some Lord of the Rings figure I swiped it off that was pretty broken at a salvation army. Can't remember which one, it was some elf with long blonde hair that wasn't Legolas.
>>
>>6489981
It's gummy sure, but over than that it's a good figure. Great colours, great sculpt, standard articulation.
One of HasBro's worst? There are plenty worse.
What about Misty Knight (or really the whole Hulkbuster wave)? What about Blizzard? What about Ex Nihilo? What about Cosmic Iron Man? What any figure on the Punisher/Nick Future body with that jacket? All of those are miles worse.
>>
>>6490003

Misty Knight isn't a bad figure. She has fish eyes most of the time, but other than that she's a standard figure and she comes with a gun, which is more than you can say for some figures that come with jack shit.

Don't confuse the fact that no one wants the figure with the figure being bad.
>>
>>6489981
You sound like a fucking idiot.
>>
File: lets-scream-in-his-face-anyway.jpg (456KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
lets-scream-in-his-face-anyway.jpg
456KB, 1280x853px
>>6489981
Nova isn't the best figure around, but it's a damn nice looking one, especially for a character I like so much
>>
File: Nova01.jpg (66KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nova01.jpg
66KB, 512x768px
>>6489981
Nova is foppy mess, but i'll be damned if i don't love the sculpt. Hasbro put a lot of effort in it specially if you compare it to their previous attempt.
And if you're talking about the character then you're just a gigantic faggot.
>>
File: 20170819_135055-548x529.jpg (58KB, 548x529px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_135055-548x529.jpg
58KB, 548x529px
FYI, Jessica Jones' hands are compatible with Black Widow and Vice Versa.
>>
File: 14835435311494.jpg (1MB, 1208x1015px) Image search: [Google]
14835435311494.jpg
1MB, 1208x1015px
Do you guys think they might make a better Nova for their Marvel vs. Capcom line?
One thing I really hope they do make is a Frank West figure. I've wanted one for years.
>>
>>6490026
if that iron man/mega man two pack is any indication, not really. The iron man is a repaint, and the line is 3.75 so nova would be too.
>>
>>6490026
The line is 3.75'' so even if they did it'd be in a shit scale
>>
File: Nova_2016_002_2017_digital0081.jpg (77KB, 354x442px) Image search: [Google]
Nova_2016_002_2017_digital0081.jpg
77KB, 354x442px
>>6490034
>>6490036
Well, at least I would have something to put with my revo mini Solid Snake.
>>
File: IMG_5044.jpg (243KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5044.jpg
243KB, 1500x1500px
Help me out here:
On the one hand, this isn't the ultimate Spider-Man figure that I'd hoped, partly because it doesn't include an unmasked head. On the other hand, I know if I don't get it during pre-order and it turns out to be amazing, I'll have to pay slowpoke tax to get it. It's also not my favorite design by any means, but it looks surprisingly good in this form.
Should I get this? Is there a better Spider-Man out? Is there a better one coming?
In before Pizza/Revo. I've owned and sold Pizza twice and Revo are not my bag.
>>
>>6490081
Articulation wise, the Figuarts and the Mafex Homecoming Spideys will be better. Obviously be wary with the Mafex, they're infamous for the QC issues. It does have an unmasked head.
Other than that, maybe try the Marvel Legends Ultimate Spider-Man. It's like Pizza Spidey but smaller and with slightly different articulation (no butterfly joints but it does have a shin swivel). It also has an unmasked head.
>>
>>6489422
Mine's not snapped but it's not attached to the joint at tightly as I'd like so I'm nervous about it ripping the peg if I move it too roughly or harshly.
>>
>>6490025
Neat. Thanks for the info, anon..
Now all I need are tiny bottles of booze
>>
>>6489591
best couple
>>
>>6489863
Can you post a pic please?
>>
Is the Defenders box set Daredevil a straight up re-release or is it a repaint? I can't tell from the few images out there
>>
>>6490982
Different colours and emblem
>>
Man I'm.bulding Blob and the only person to have the bottom torso on eBay is a dumbass and thinks the front and back part of the torso is two separate pieces and is selling each one for $20 lol is it impossible to find it? I need it, the legs and hands, I wish I just got him complete.any advice?

Leaving email just in case somebody has a scrooge McDuck style room full of blob parts they swim in
>>
>>6491076
Stay vigilant. Don't buy it from that guy. Parts pop up comstantly.
>>
File: black bookcase 1.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
black bookcase 1.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>6488195
dude heck yeah man! Cloak and Dagger are my favorites! Hopefully this makes the Select versions go down on the aftermarket
>>
>>6489591
there were 5 at myTRU.... should I have bought a few?
>>
>>6491191
what's that daft punk poster?
>>
NEW THREAD
>>6491226
>>6491226
>>6491226
>>
File: IMG_2573.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2573.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
>>6491216
I'm guessing this one.
>>
>>6486036
Holy shit Big Bens. They got in an collection of almost every Marvel Legend ever. Couldn't believe the prices they were putting on them
>>
>>6489591
I like that Cyke costume, but I wish it didn't have the airbrushy-looking shading...reminds me of the worst of the Toy-Biz paintjobs. I would have been fine with solid blue plastic here honestly.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.