[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

threezero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

File: 4L_z4oDiG4C.jpg (94KB, 1031x485px) Image search: [Google]
4L_z4oDiG4C.jpg
94KB, 1031x485px
Took the dive into 1:6 this year with pic related.
The hair in the final product looks fucking ridiculous, like a Ken Doll. Nothing like the actual character or promotional pictures. The store exclusive helmet was not show accurate and way too narrow and odd looking.
The figure itself was essentially not posable and honestly looked very silly in most poses. A very very disappointing purchase, I thankfully at least made a profit reselling.

Thoughts on THREEZERO? Thoughts on 1:6? Thoughts on "real" hair vs Sculpted hair on figures?
>>
ashley wood is a hack and 3a is lame
>>
real hair is fucking garbage, and while I don't think cloth clothing is particularly horrible, sculpted clothes are still better
>>
>>6485715
I've seen rooted hair done well on custom heads (there are a couple of really good TDK Joker out there with real hair), but companies of course cut corners there and it ends up looking like on OPs pic.

It does push it more towards doll than figure though, same for clothing made of cloth, which I sometimes get the feeling is the real issue people have with it.
>>
Their robots are much better than their humans.
>>
>>6485618
i've heard their tyrion is pretty good though. shame about the hound, from the promotional pics i was kinda tempted to pick him up
>>
File: 4L_lWKs0DyE.jpg (291KB, 1229x1229px)
4L_lWKs0DyE.jpg
291KB, 1229x1229px
>>6485777
Tyrion honestly looks phenomenal, although the slowpoke tax on him is a little high.
It really just kills me how badly they botched the store exclusive Hound Helmet. I might've kept the figure to display with the helmet. It looks squished together... wayyyy too narrow
>>
File: 4L_bQMvGNsY.jpg (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
4L_bQMvGNsY.jpg
100KB, 600x800px
>>6485975
Funnily enough, FUNKO was able to get the likeness down better
>>
>>6485976
how is the Funko figure?
>>
>>6485982
For the price it's fine. Don't expect anything amazing and I would definitely pose him with the helmet on.
>>6485618
I was close to preordering Daenerys, so thanks for making this thread. I'll pass now
>>
>>6485618
I have their Rocksteady and Bebop ordered. Never bought anything from them before.
>>
File: jonsnow.jpg (980KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
jonsnow.jpg
980KB, 1296x864px
>>6485982
I have the Jon Snow and Daenerys from the first wave and they are not bad at all.

They didn't seem to be too popular on /toy/. I guess the line had QC issues, but the only issue I've had is that Daenerys' had pops off too easily.

I wish I'd bought The Hound.
>>
>>6485733

You hit the nail on the head. Rooted hair can and does look good on 1/6th scale when it's done well and cloth clothes can look great. I mean the fashion doll industry does it all the fucking time and its fine. In fact I wish the 1/6th action figure industry would take a look at how fashion dolls are doing it because so many 1/6th action figures have such badly tailored clothes it's unreal.

Nothing makes me cringe harder then hot toys reviewers who freak out over real hair and clothes because it makes the figure doll like. I collect transformers and used to collect lego and I never thought 'oh I hope handling these boy toys doesn't make me sprout a penis!' Like half the hot toy collectors act like their going to spontaneously grow a vagina if they touch something doll like.
>>
>>6486118
pls gib toy collector gf
>>
>>6486118
Um, maybe because they will? Ever considered that?
>>
>>6486126

Yeah I guess if their masculinity is that fragile their penis might be too. I was being pretty inconsiderate, thanks for calling me out anon.
>>
>>6486118
>Nothing makes me cringe harder then hot toys reviewers who freak out over real hair and clothes because it makes the figure doll like.
Yeah I never gotten that either.
I mean, they ARE dolls, and that should be ok. There's such a stigma against people wanting to admit they collect dolls. I guess I should be glad that collecting toys has become more widely accepted. Baby steps I guess.
>>
>>6485618
I just got this for my wife, and have to disagree with you. His range of motion is actually pretty decent, you can get him into great poses. Have you considered you're not very good at posing figures? He's not easy for beginners, but he's still got the range.

Secondly, when getting a figure with hair, you should expect to have to style it out of the box. That's just the way it is.

Maybe stay away from high end toys until you've learned how to handle the easier, cheaper ones.
>>
>>6485618
The secret with rooted hair on figures like this is that you need to wash it, style it to match the character and set it with some basic hair gel to get the best look.

ThreeZero do great robots, but their humans are hit or miss.
>>
>>6485618
Yeah I bought this. you nailed all of my complaints lol. I managed to fix the hair by washing it out and coming it and it looks decent now. The helmet is definitely not accurate but I still like it. Impressed byt how they did the chainmail.
>>
>>6489612
I'm a girl, desu. Just to elaborate, some of the articulation really is hindered by all of his armor, but I guess it's not unexpected. My main issue with this figure was how inaccurate the hound helmet looked from the threezerostore exclusive version.
>>
File: IMG_1047.jpg (523KB, 720x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1047.jpg
523KB, 720x948px
Other than his feet and hands being shit I haven't had any issues posing him. As others have said though you really need to wash the hair. Took me forever to get the cowlick effect.
>>
File: scopedog2.jpg (102KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
scopedog2.jpg
102KB, 720x960px
Did anyone preorder the VOTOMs Scopedog? I couldn't afford it at the time
>>
>>6486097
The clear plastic joints on my hounds leg snapped right off.
>>
>>6490261
Is there a way to tell if it's a fixed version? Or is it essentially hit and miss?
>>
>>6490084
This guy knows. There's nothing limiting his poses other than his hands don't really grasp very tight, and his feet don't pivot much. He really should come with some form of stand.
>>
>>6490542
I'm not sure, probably just hit and miss.
>>
File: 1vitalsuit.jpg (332KB, 1100x532px) Image search: [Google]
1vitalsuit.jpg
332KB, 1100x532px
>>6485618
Anyone got their 1/12 scale Lost Planet mech? How is it?

Does the pilot have a gun?
>>
>>6491339
Holy shit how did I not hear about this. I have the Drio figure and love it, one of my fave mechs from the series.
>>
>>6490261
Ouch.
>>
>>6485735
is that an office? what do the middle aged women there think of it?
>>
File: titans 1.jpg (964KB, 1000x1035px) Image search: [Google]
titans 1.jpg
964KB, 1000x1035px
>>6485735
eyyyyyyyy wassup nigga?
>>
>>6491532
>how did I not hear about this
>I have the Drio
what?
>>
>>6495189
Meant to say the smaller Kotobukiya figures
>>
>>6493517

It's all millenials collecting funkopops. They can't believe a toy costs so much. "You can buy so many funko pops at that price, anon!" Otherwise they're cool about it.

>>6495158

Eyy the other guy who collects these things!
>>
>>6485735
>>6495158
How are the human pilots exactly?

Also, how does figma Snake look inside of them if you have him?
>>
File: IMG_20170818_185557.jpg (3MB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_185557.jpg
3MB, 3328x1872px
>>6495431

Not that guy but the human pilots are okay. Very detailed but their articulation can be hampered by their full body suits. Still great though, especially the ones with the full face helmets. The one that ships with the stryder is eh.

Also any 1/12 figure looks good in the cockpit, but if they're obviously tall or built it'll be a tight fit.
>>
>>6495513

Oh also I do have to mention that the human piloys themselves are a tad bit oversized for the actual titans? They look good together but stuffing them inside can be a bit of a hassle, and they look cramped inside.
>>
>>6495513
>>6495518
Ok, Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_1081(1).jpg (334KB, 543x720px)
IMG_1081(1).jpg
334KB, 543x720px
>>6485618
>>
>>6485715
I bet you'd shit yourself when Hot-Toys make real hair and you'd buy it for $200+ for a glorified barbie
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.