[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will you buy it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14

Will you buy it?
>>
I've been disappointed with every Marvel Legend I've ever bought
>>
>>6479848
Then you lead a disappointing life.
>>
>>6479845
I will say however that this figure will be shit, and the fact it comes with more accessories than others who need them pisses me off.
>>
I really wish her other head was one without her mask...
>>
>>6479851
I want to like them don't get me wrong but the paint is always messed up or the joints are really stiff and they take lots of work to make them movable.
>>
>>6479845
Probably once she goes sub-retail. She's firmly in the i'm-alright-with-it-but-i-don't-need-it category.

>>6479855
This. I'm not sure what they were thinking on that one.
>>
>>6479845
What's that trash supposed to be?
>>
>>
>>6479848
A lot of the recent ones have been really good, I haven't had many issues lately
>>
>>6479845
the character is shit, so no thanks, if its main feature is taking a selfie, is not worth anyone's time
>>
>>6479848
Well you're an adult and they're toys made for children. That's probably why.
>>
>>6479923
>A lot of the recent ones have been really good, I haven't had many issues lately

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>6479845
No? ML are shit.
>>
File: Spider-Gwen-Revoltech-12.jpg (147KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Gwen-Revoltech-12.jpg
147KB, 1200x1200px
>>6479845
already own the best gwen figure, so no.
>>
>>6479900

Its Gwenpoole.

The comic is about some NEET girl from the real world who gets dropped into the Marvel universe. She has no powers, but uses her knowledge of the Marvel characters to her advantage.

I read a few issues, but really, its not any better or worse than most of the rest of the stuff Marvel is putting out.

People mostly just hate it because it is something slightly different, and because the weebs love it because the artists on the main book are a duo of Japanese women, so the art is mostly cutesy animu.
>>
File: 1450051078224.png (82KB, 314x314px) Image search: [Google]
1450051078224.png
82KB, 314x314px
>>6479933
fuk i got owned
>>
God, Marvel comics are so trash now..
>>
File: Untitled.png (959KB, 791x671px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
959KB, 791x671px
>>6480002
>God, Marvel comics are so trash now..
She's one of the better Marvel comic though. People didn't give her a chance thinking that she's a cynical Harley Quinn le so crazy xx Deadpool xx SpiderGwen ripoff but she's actually not. As >>6479988 said, the cute art really helps
>>
I'll wait on the possibility of Revoltech doing a Gwenpool
>>
>>6480011
Almost zero, Spider-Gwen was really popular with the normies, Gwenpool is only popular with the waifufags on /co/.
>>
>>6479845
If it had a Gurihiru head I would have maybe possibly one day bought it on discount.
>>
Look kind of bad but I might grab one if I see it in person.
I only read the first few issues but they were fun in a shojo manga kind of way.
>>6479946
>a figure of a completely different character that somehow looks worse than the terrible ML version
Try again.
>>
>>6479845
they /really/ fucked up that head sculpt
It doesn't even look close to the comic art.

Sadly, this will probably be the only Gwenpool figure that will ever be made, so it's a choice between nothing or garbage.
>>
>>6480126
>It doesn't even look close to the comic art.

No modern ML is a 1:1 recreation of a specific artist's art.
>>
>>6480126

She's made some appearances outside of her own comic, you know. In fact, her introduction was in Howard the Duck I believe, and she's drawn in other artist's styles, so she looks less anime in other books.
>>
>>6480130
Oh, trust me, I know, but Guri's art of her is the best that's been produced. Beside, why would you base a figure off a character's look outside of their main book?
>>
>>6480126
It's kind of close to the shitty art style her book has when there's a fill in artist. Which isn't good, but still.
>>
>>6480134

I mean, I totally agree with you, but I just don't think the art style of the book really fits with the aesthetic look that Hasbro goes for. Not to mention, I highly doubt they'd be able to pull off a semi-reasonable anime look....it'd be a scary thing to see that from Hasbro.

It still sucks that we're not really getting that version, but I guess there's always the option of maybe finding a different head and customizing it a bit.
>>
>>6480138
if they'd just given her softer detailing, I think the figure would have been fine, but as is, Gwen looks terrible when made more "realistic".

Which, come to think of it, is actually kind of meta.
>>
>>6480129
Coipel Thor. Unless your idea of modern is "whatever I say it is in order to be correct".
>>
>>6479845
I want Lizard so probably.
If anything I'm just using the selfie face for meme pictures then hiding her somewhere.
>>
>>6480155
That's the closest but it's still more inline with the Hasbro ML house style than it is his art specifically, which is still closer to the ML style than the art in Gwenpool.
>>
>>6480155
>>6480325

But my idea of modern was starting with the Cap and Spidey waves that started the current form of ML, not a ROML figure from years prior.

But feel free to act like ROML is the same thing as Marvel Legends Infinite Series.
>>
>>6479848
I buy Hot toys, Sentinel, Mezco, and all types of good shit, and I'm always surprisingly pleased with Marvel Legends. Sometimes they just hit the spot just right. I've been doing a huge reorganization of my stuff and while putting thousands of dollars of figures around, I stopped to fiddle with ML Venom.
>>
>>6480331

I think they're great if you've got a bit of an itch that you want to scratch with a cheap, unplanned purchase that you can just head up to Target on the weekend and pick a couple of them to tide you over until something more filling comes on.

Sure, they're not the greatest things ever, but they're pretty decent enough.
>>
>>6480119
dumb shit poster
>>
>>6479845
no, i already have the Funko which is CUTE unlike this
at least they could have made it look like the Gurihuru art
>>
>>6480330
>still using ROML BAF parts
>still 80% recycled parts from ROML
>TOTALLY not the same
Yeah... no. you're wrong. There's Toy Biz era, shitty post-Toy Biz Hasbro era, and modern Hasbro era. ROML was a wave, not a distinct era unto itself.
>>
File: Squirrel Girl 6.jpg (151KB, 500x810px) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel Girl 6.jpg
151KB, 500x810px
>Gwenpool gets a proper toy before Squirrel Girl
Suffering
>>
>>6479845

I would buy a figma/shf in a heartbeat, but this figure doesn't look like the comic book art.
>>
>>6480510
okay... I haven't read a cape comic in decades. that one page is absolutely fascinating. I need more of this!
>>
>>6480510
Get this garbage lefty /pol/ narrative out of my comics, this is why i dont support marvel comics
>>
>>6480126
I didn't expect her to match Gurihiru cuteness, but the head is just plain bad. The shape of the top feels off and the brow is way too pronounced.
>>
>>6479845
Literally who?
>>
>>6480531
>MCU casuals
Literally the lowest common denominator of Legends collectors.
>>
>>6479855
Can you just use the head from Spider Gwen?
>>
>>6480134
the comics are the comics and the toys are the toys. if the character is going to fit with the customer's other purchases from that line, it makes sense that it should match the design of the other toys from that line.

if a character pops up in someone elses book, the artist draws it in his or her style. that way the visiting character fits in with the world. you wouldn't expect them to be drawn in their own style, distinct from the rest of the art in the book, would you? so, Gwenpool toy looks like other MU toys
>>
>>6480528
I don't think they are "your" comics. pretty they are Disney's comics.
>>
>>6480576
no
>>
>>6479845
hell no
>>
This looks like an ugly ass Jin "custom"
>>
>>6480387
>Gwenpool gets a proper toy before Squirrel Girl
Good, Squirrel Girl is garbage now.
>>
File: crap.png (1MB, 625x753px) Image search: [Google]
crap.png
1MB, 625x753px
>>6480387
It's for the best my man. The likeable Squirrel Girl is dead and gone.
>>
>>6480367
They changed the name of the line, the packaging, and the pricepoint with the switch to Marvel Legends Infinite Series.

>still 80% recycled parts from ROML

That's not true at all.
>>
>>6480753
Now this is just desperation to not be wrong. Packaging and rebranding signals a new era of figures? Please.
>>
Gwen a shit
>>
>>6480597
>Disney's comics
It really shows with Gwenpool, but it's also like the least offensive Marvel comic so not sure what that guy's going on about. Probably just LARPing as a /pol/lock. No one really gives a shit about comics these days one way or another. Like one comics and games shop closed near me and another was on the verge last time I checked
>>
>>6480762
>rebranding signals a new era

Uh, yeah?
>>
>>6480791
Okay, so just to double check: you're going with the "desperation to not be wrong" route, correct? Because it's not too late to capitulate to the fact that they're using literally the same base bodies as they were in the timeframe from which RoML first appeared and the only difference is the boxes they're packed in.
>>
>>6480796
You're talking about literally the first ROML figure from 6 years ago as an example of a modern artist specific figure in a line that has since rebranded, repackaged, changed directions, and increased their price point from $15 to $20 between ROML and Infinite Series.

The only person desperate to not be wrong here is you.
>>
>>6480801
...with zero change to the figures themselves. Look in the mirror: the guy you see in there is the wrongest guy on earth. There is a chasm of difference between pre- and post-RoML in the end product. There is a chasm of difference between TB and Hasbro in the end product. There is no difference between RoML and Infinite in the end product.

Stop being irrational and emotional on the matter. It's not an argument worth having when you're literally standing on zero foundation.
>>
>>6480700
>>6480716
Such awful taste.
What's the matter, not waifu enough for you now?
>>
>>6480576
You mean the head from the character that looks absolutely nothing like her?
>>
>>6480812
>There is no difference between RoML and Infinite in the end product.

Yep, no difference between toys using the Hasbro version of the Bullseye body like Phantomex and their current figures like Netflix Punisher. No difference between most ROML figures using swivel/hinge hips and virtually every single MLI using ball hips.

The jump between early Hasbro and ROML is the same as the jump between ROML and MLI.

But you were going to ignore anything sensible when you picked a six year old figure as an example of a line in 2017, especially when you started with that bullshit "modern is "whatever I say it is in order to be correct"." You knew your answer was irrelevant from the jump.
>>
>>6480872
>Yep, no difference between toys using the Hasbro version of the Bullseye body like Phantomex
Sort of like Iron Fist, in the Marvel Legends *INFINITE* All Father Wave?

Or the RoML Terrax body being reused in the Marvel Legends *INFINITE* Absorbing Man?

Hey, how about that mad Jack from the same wave? You know, the *INFINITE* wave? Where supposedly according to you none of this is going on?

You kill your own argument with your own points designed to kill mine. This is fucking hilarious. Sad, but hilarious. But go ahead, keep pressing on. I'll do you a solid: I don't even feel like I need to post any more to this conversation. As soon as you make your next post, pretend like this one was reposted in direct reply to your new one. Then reply to it once more to further your conversation and whatever asinine non-points you muster. Because ultimately, this is where the conversation will keep going, and this is the stalemate that beats anything you have to say.

There is no distinct difference between RoML and the latest waves. They're the all the same, modern era of Legends. There are 3 eras to non-Classics Legends:

Toy Biz
Post-Toy Biz Hasbro
RoML and newer (a.k.a. the modern era)
>>
>>6480367
What does ROML mean anyway?
>>
>>6480976
Return Of Marvel Legends. Hasbro put Legends in hiatus for a while then came back and has been doing them consistently ever since.
>>
>>6480990
oh, i thought it was some subline or something.

Just call it Wave 21 or whatever the BAF piece is, because that's how all the rest of them have basically been like.
There's nothing special or anything that sets it apart from the rest of them. It's not even an exclusive.

There's no reason to call it something else and confuse people.
>>
>>6480910
>Sort of like Iron Fist, in the Marvel Legends *INFINITE* All Father Wave?

Body was used for the last time and replaced in the next wave

>Or the RoML Terrax body being reused in the Marvel Legends *INFINITE* Absorbing Man?

A BAF part, not a mainline figure

A handful of exceptions that stick out for how much they don't fit in with MLI doesn't help your case.

This whole argument even ignores that ROML had zero movie figures while the relaunch of legends as the Infinite series was due to the inclusion of them. The last planned wave of ROML never even happened as announced, with those figures reshuffled into other waves after the relaunch months later

>Marvel Legends:

> The final wave of Marvel Legends as we know it will be Marvel Now Thor, Agent Venom, Tigershark with swap Radioactive Man, Moonstone with swap Songbird and Blizzard with swap Batroc. Jubilee is the BAF. Jubilee will mark a new mold with a new teenage female body.

If you don't see an obvious shift in direction, a rebranding, a significant pricepoint change, a packaging change, a dropped wave from previous era, and completely new bodies being introduced to replace old ones as an obvious break between ROML and MLI, that's on you for being a belligerent retard.
>>
>>6481001
I agree. It's just a wave name, like Epic Heroes.

>>6481033
>A handful of exceptions that stick out for how much they don't fit in with MLI doesn't help your case.
I feel like you lost it there, dude. I too would call ROML the same generation as MLI. There's not enough difference.

The face printing tech will be the next big jump but it's not done enough yet.
>>
>>6480129
teen spidey is based off stuart immonen's ultimate run
>btfo
>>
>>6481049
The face seems closer to house style, whereas the Coipel Thor is 100% Coipel's art style in the face.
>>
>>6481040
>There's not enough difference.

The difference between ROML and the Ragnarak wave are pretty big
>>
>>6481059
>the Coipel Thor is 100% Coipel's art style in the face.

Nah. The MS is pretty spot on though.
>>
>>6479845
No, its meme trash.
>>
>>6481095
Isn't that the one with the old Ares figure?
>>
>>6480716
>>6480129
the upside would be a normal face squirrel girl ML.

as for gwenpool, I'm glad there's no weeb face and I just gotta have them thighs in my hands.
>>
>>6480864
Jesus just paint the edge of her hair pink you autist.
>>
>>6480119
You have shit taste anon.
>>
>>6480007
the last two pages of that issue really hooked me in. now i am reading every issue the day it comes out
>>
File: il_570xN.1151582876_f646.jpg (71KB, 570x723px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1151582876_f646.jpg
71KB, 570x723px
>>6479845
>shoelace is fucking painted pink
>boots dont go all the way up to the knees
>reused body parts just painted differently
>no unmasked head
>fucking selfie (gwenpool took selfie in her book once. ONCE.)

i know their figures are shit but this is just fucking too much.

the fucking bootlego did better
>>
>>6479845
if kamala could get a weaboo figure, gwenpool can too! just hang in there anons!
>>
>>6480838
Eat shit
>>
>>6480716
She seriously looks like she has the downs or something.
>>
>>6481166
boots not going up to her knees seems to be correct based on almost all the covers
>>
>>6481166
>>fucking selfie (gwenpool took selfie in her book once. ONCE.)

Hey, remember all those times in the comics when Deadpool ate a taco? Or that punching glove bazooka he uses all the time in the comics?

Remember all those panels with Spider-man eating pizza in his suit with the mask pulled up off his mouth?

Or all those numerous times when Ben Reilly was Spider-carnage?

Those things all happened regularly enough to warrant bonus accessories. Can't think of the characters without them.
>>
>>6481661
Reminder that the person behind that monstrosity was rewarded with an Eisner Award for their work. That is the current state of the comic industry.
>>
File: Screenshot (8).jpg (408KB, 504x864px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (8).jpg
408KB, 504x864px
>>6481166
>>boots dont go all the way up to the knees
>>6481666
>boots not going up to her knees seems to be correct based on almost all the covers

They're not supposed to cover her knees. Her boots end just below her knees.

>shoelace is fucking painted pink
I don't know what you mean by this.
>>
>>6479845
What scale is it? If it's 1:18 I'll consider getting it
>>
>>6483678
It's 1:1 scale with a built-in fleshlight.
>>
>>6483039
Award shows in general are bullshit.

It's ALWAYS just a bunch of rich liberal elites jerking each other off inside their echo chamber for sharing their same views and virtue signaling to the world.

Just read DC. They've got some of this shit too but they aren't nearly as bad.
>>
>>6483678
1:12 I think.
>>
>>6483039
>Reminder that the person behind that monstrosity was rewarded with an Eisner Award for their work. That is the current state of the comic industry.
Once you understand how award shows actually work you'll be a lot less impressed by the awards. It's literally a circle jerk of elites deciding who is winners and losers. You may as well rely on "awards" or "top 10" lists from bloggers you know and trust. At least they have tastes that match yours.
>>
>>6483714
so it's like a liberal /pol/?

>guh-guh-guh-gay marriage hurts my feelings!
>>
>>6483756
Pretty much.
>>
>>6483714
>eisners voted on by comic industry professionals
>rich liberal elites
>rich elites

Not sure if you're ignorant or just stupid
>>
>>6480716
does ryan north still write them?
>>
>>6481167
>figure
>>
>>6484013
Nigga, those "professionals" ARE rich liberal elites.
>>
>>6484204
and that hurts your feelings so much, mmm your tears are delicious
>>
>>6479848
Same. It's the rubber shit that kills me.
>>
>>6484258
https://youtu.be/s98xanH80sw?t=19
>>
>>6484204
>thinking people who work in comics are rich elites

Ignorant and stupid it is then
>>
>>6479845
I want that tongue in my pee hole
>>
>>6479845
I want Lizard so yes.
>>
>>6479988
>the artists on the main book are a duo of Japanese women
Well it looks a lot better than most of the stuff coming out lately.
>>
File: 1501055898083.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1501055898083.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>6483092
>They're not supposed to cover her knees. Her boots end just below her knees.
that's what i meant. in op's pic the boots are WAY below her knees
>I don't know what you mean by this.
her shoelaces are supposed to be white
>>
>>6479845
why is that her main face and why doesnt she look like her comic?
>>
>>6480138
>I highly doubt they'd be able to pull off a semi-reasonable anime look....it'd be a scary thing to see that from Hasbro.
I would conjecture that they've handled the American toys for both Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

But then I'm reminded they did G4 MLP and cringe hard. Really, they could have just softened the features that >>6480144 suggested and it wouldn't look so ugly.
>>
>>6481167
But I don't want a statue.
>>
>>6479845
Probably, Maybe if I do some sculpting of my own i can come up with a better head tho
>>
>>6479845
Yes, but only for the Lizard BAF.
>>
>>6480331
>Hot toys, Sentinel, Mezco
get rid of the Hot-Toys, they're literally glorified Barbie toys but for men
>>
>>6489568
I see. I didn't notice her shoelaces desu.

The boots are a bit low but not too much.

I mean either way I'm not buying this hot garbage ML Gwen Poole.
>>
>>6479845
Yes, but only cause it's part of spider-man wave, which I always order the whole case of.
>>
>>6508085
OP shamelessly bumping his low interest dead ass thread here. See you in another 5 days I guess.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.