[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: MetalBuild.png (554KB, 800x229px) Image search: [Google]
MetalBuild.png
554KB, 800x229px
I know there is already the Robot Damashii thread, but that one is more focused on 1/144 line. I wanted to talk about Metal build in general, especially now with the new mazinger Z incoming and a likely extension of the line beyond the Gundams.

How many of you collect MB? I mean seriously, not one or two. What do you think about it, and what would be an ideal start pack for newbie?
>>
>>6476389
I mean, the reason it usually gets folded into the RD general is because the Metal Build line is still relatively small, there aren't all that many owners on /toy/ for various reasons, and the RD thread gets fairly regular traffic so more people will see your posts. I'm not telling you not to make your own threads or to delete this one or anything, just sayin', this probably isn't gonna be a real busy thread, ya dig?

Also like, it's a little bit comedic to me to have a "newbie starter pack" for a line with under 20 releases, all of which are in the $150-250 range.
>>
It doesn't matter if it dies quick. It's fine . I just wanted a single opportunity to chat a bit about these figures.

Forgive me, but It's a bit silly that just joined to complain about my topic. Yes, i know they are expensive toys and few here can afford it. I know i will not have many answers, still some will certainly have them to exchange some photos or opinions. Not to be rough, but It's /toys, so why spoil the fun?
>>
>>6476389

MB is pretty premium as a line but it feels like one that you just dip into for your favorites. It's just too expensive in the long run, with all the expansion packs and different versions of each mobile suit and whatnot. But the ones already available look really slick, and the accessory packs can be legitimately insane sometimes.

I just wish the mobile suits themselves look a bit more stylized, like maybe SIC versions of the model kit they're supposed to be.
>>
If you want any, you better put in a preorder and preorder early. The supply of MBs is so shitty that retailers have problems fulfilling all their POs and have to resort to FCFS or some other method of stock allocation.
>>
I love the line a lot, but I feel like the designs peaked early with MB Exia and Destiny. Freedom was nice too, even if the eventual MG 2.0 replaced it in my mind.

Strike Freedom feels to me like they were trying to imitate the Destiny's demonic aesthetics but didn't have much to work with, so all we got was linebacker SF. And though they tried real hard with the beam rifles, they couldn't get around how bland the SF's weapons look.

Red and Blue Frames are okay, I guess, but they also suffer from trying to match the Destiny's aesthetics. They're already pretty busy designs, so the MB just looks tacky at points. I love what they did with the Flight Pack and the Powered form, but the Tactical Arms looks like a hot mess. The Red Frame had some poor color choices in general really; I wish they used light pink for the two toning instead of gray, like they used light blue for the Blue Frame.

I can't comment on the Gold Frame because to this day I'm still not quite sure what I'm actually seeing.

F91 is cool, but I can't get over how they broke the line's scale for it.

MB 00Q looks like an improvement over the MG and the RG's sculpts to me, but it doesn't do enough to change the fundamental problem I have with the design: the weapons look awful. And I can't just kitbash it with the 007S like the model kits either, so I'm gonna pass.
>>
>>6476389
I'm a diehard fan of Gundam Fix and Metal Builds, but right now I can't make photos. I try to put something later. Frankly, I suggest you look at third-party copies if you want one at an affordable price. I have some of them and they are as good as the Bandai ones. From Bandai, the Exia is probably the best of the lines.
>>
>>6476448
>F91 is cool, but I can't get over how they broke the line's scale for it.

They should have totally ignore the scale and make a 18 cm F91. MBs have never had a definite scale, just look at the Laevatein.
>>
>>6476472
Up until F91, MB was following RD rules where each line's releases (if you can even say that considering it was all Gundam and one sole FMP release) were in scale with each other. There was a scale, and they chose to break it for whatever reason.

I don't care if you don't care, I'm just saying it bothered me enough to not get it.
>>
>>6476486
Well it's legitimate. I would not have bought it if it had been to the correct size, so I presume there is a balance in the world.
>>
I have the f91 and Gold frame. They're kinda underwhelming for the going rates. I also don't really want all these au suits
>>
>>6476524
What disappoint you about them? No malice here, just curious.
>>
>>6476389
I bought the Laevatein recently and it's fantastic. As someone who used to buy MG, the Laevatein blew me away. It's a lot heavier and more solid than the MG. Engineering and painting are also top notch.

Currently i am going back and buy the older releases. I am going to buy the Arbalest once it came out
>>
>>6476534
Size aside the engineering isn't on par with stuff like sentinel's riobots, or at least the ones I've seen. Or even modern MGs desu. The F91's face open gimmick is neat but the opening face plate also has a large gap on the Gundam face so I don't even use it. They feel plain, they don't even have any effects parts like the RD ANIME line so it's hard to swallow the price.

There are also some spots on my F91 where the paint job looks a little sloppy, like the little crest on the front of the chest which clearly had silver paint apps but the paint flowed away from the tip. And there are some pretty large seams that annoy me, especially since the mating isn't perfectly flush. I think my Metal robot EX-S and the signature ver ka Mk-V have better fits even though they have seam lines too
>>
I'm just disappointed that instead of a proper Metal Build Wing Zero we got a Hi-R and a Fix. I mean...why?
>>
File: 222.jpg (2MB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
2MB, 1800x1350px
This is a good opportunity to clean up the showcases. My only regret is that I only have this stupid phone and the light sucks. Anyways, autism in 3...2...1...
>>
File: 111.jpg (1MB, 1300x975px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
1MB, 1300x975px
Destiny Heine, Arx-8 Laevatein, Blue Astray, are available at low prices on Mandrake. So is the Metal Composite of the Rx-78 definitely a must even if it's not really a metal build. A Mudrock Metal Composite with the same quality of the Rx-78 Origins, it would be a dream.
>>
>>6476576
Actually, i'm fine that they chose the Custom for the fix and Hi-res. My hope is that they will then use Wing Zero Tv for a possible redesign in the MB line.
>>
File: P1300211.jpg (491KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1300211.jpg
491KB, 1600x1200px
I have plenty of MBs, save for the F91, the Blue Frame and the Freedom

My favorite one is the gold frame, but I still think they have not been able to make hit as good as they did with the Destiny

Also, they progressively get more expensive, soon they will pass the 30k yen mark at retail price
>>
>>6476595
>>6476599
Ah so you're the reason why I can never get in a preorder ;_:
>>
File: ai chan huh.png (448KB, 1167x698px) Image search: [Google]
ai chan huh.png
448KB, 1167x698px
>>6476389
>metal build
>1/144

Uh, the gundam ones are all 1/100 scale?
>>
>>6476657
There's new Metal Robot Damashii's which are roughly 1/144 scale. I think that's what he was referring to.
>>
File: ai chan you love it.jpg (33KB, 845x435px) Image search: [Google]
ai chan you love it.jpg
33KB, 845x435px
>>6476658
>metal robot damashii's
>1/144 scale

No I'm not picking fights here, but those are *close* but not *quite* accurate, similar to to storm collectables mortal kombat 1/12 figures but without the false advertising and more "what it approximates too", I do own me an ex-s...was worth dropping a whole pay check for, jesus I cancelled the pre-order and the damn box in person sold me alone

Question though incase these become permanent threads, hi-metal r's, would they work here or stick to the damashii generals?

I mean those are 1/100 *APPROXIMATELY* but they line up with 1/144 model kits and damashii figures.
>>
>>6476639
Feel free to post more photos.
>>
File: P1310732.jpg (449KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1310732.jpg
449KB, 1600x1200px
>>6476682
Repair is also super rad
>>6476647
oh yes, that too, getting a preorder of these thnigs is a fucking nightmare, the QanT lasted 3 fucking minutes in HLJ and I bet few here got it because they didn't knew how to find it in the site's catalogue in the first fucking place
>>
>>6476639

As someone who loves Blitz Gundam it makes me sad that there is a single Metal Build Blitz Gundam arm and shield but no body to go with it.
>>
>>6476699

I hate myself for not ordering the Exias when they were like $125 on Amazon. I wasn't into "expensive" toys at the time.
>>
>>6476595
No Destiny? The true one i mean.
>>
>>6476657
>>6476675
fuck off ai poster
>>
>>6476724
Failed the preorder and i really don't like it.
>>
File: DSCN9903.jpg (234KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9903.jpg
234KB, 900x1200px
Anyone spied any domestic US sites that still have preorders of 00 Seven Sword open? I'm optimistic it'll be more readily available once it's actually released in the US, but having the peace of mind of a preorder would be nice, heh. I especially want one after managing to secure a Qan[T] preorder, they'll look awesome together.
>>
>>6476599
How much is the laevatein on mandarake?
Im tempted to get either that or riobot anubis next month.
>>
>>6477860
>riobot anubis
you really can't do much with it, very lacking on accessories.
The MB Laevatein is the better bet.
>>
>>6477860
>riobot anubis next month.

Riobot Jehuty felt very flimsy and model-like to me. I can't imagine all those clear pieces holding on six wings makes Anubis any better. I feel like the Metal Build is the better buy.
>>
>>6477860
Currently, SAHRA store sell it at 17,000 yen.
If you look at the sold out, you can see that in the past there were occasions even at 15.000 or 13,000 yen.

I'm sure that with the new FmP season its value will increase.
>>
>>6477905
>>6477944
>>6478066
Thanks anon, MB FMp it is.
>>
I own the MB Laevatein, I love it personally. It's a good size, the diecast gives it a solid weight and it basically comes with everything you could ask for minus the big flight pack. Only gripe I have is the ankles starting to loosen a bit, but otherwise a solid choice.

I want to get the MB Destiny eventually, I love what they did with the design.
>>
File: zoom.jpg (118KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
118KB, 534x712px
>>6478192
Truly good choice. It's also the only MB with a miniature for the pilot.
>>
>>6476599
Oh snap, another Mudrock fan! I had to jump in just to geek out about Mudrock. Heh.

I've been secretly hoping they'll release SOMETHING of Mudrock some time. I'd love an RD, but honestly would take anything.

And before anyone says it, I used to own the GFF. I wasn't a fan. The orange feet and wrists really killed for me, as well as the altered design...

I really wish they would just make a figure that's accurate to the Zeonic Front art.
>>
>>6478398
>>6478254
Im about to order the MB laevatein off mandarake.
Which one should i buy? I see the 17k one but i only ordered off the site once before so im unsure about the conditions
>>
>>6479290
opend = used
conditions vary but are normally good and above
>>
>>6478066
>>6478398

I regret not getting it, but I'm banking on a reissue with the new season next year.
>>
File: bored at work.jpg (267KB, 889x1239px) Image search: [Google]
bored at work.jpg
267KB, 889x1239px
love my Blue Astray
>>
File: 2.jpg (613KB, 1000x1009px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
613KB, 1000x1009px
>>6479290
Everything you find on mandrake is usually second-hand, but very often they are not really open. Many users buy something in preorder and then sell it back to Mandrake's store, so prices, most of the time, become ridiculously high.

>>6479522
One of my favorite, Instead, it's not even a Bandai one. The Metalgears Inspection from China. Quality is not the same as Bandai, but oh, who cares? 68 euro + shipments, and you got a nice replica. I love the red. The only problem is that recovering the Gn Blaster is a hellish job.
>>
File: 1.jpg (560KB, 800x976px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
560KB, 800x976px
By the way, the Metalgears is working on a replica of the Destiny and Strike Freedom, right now.

>Photos oh them incoming.
>>
Metalgears Destiny WIP. Should be available at the end of September.
>>
>>6479516
>>6479555
Thanks Guys.
I ordered https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1065482521&ref=list just now.
I hope its just terrible box damage because i really dont give a shit about the box and care more about a pristine figure.
>>
File: rt006.jpg (343KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
rt006.jpg
343KB, 800x533px
>>6479772
show pics when you get it. it's a very well balanced suit.
I'm still waiting for their Booster pack . guess it'll be after the anime.
>>
>>6480194
PV2 of the upcoming anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G69iKJ8wdek
>>
>>6476986
Look like a no, heh.
>>
>>6476986
nothing open, you probably have to wait for the stocks to actually arrived at the store before more openings pop up.
>>
>>6480234
I would like to help you, but I do not live in the US.
Google is the only way, i fear.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.