[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated Figures Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: mafex.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mafex.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
Post figures that don't get enough love or exposure.
>pic related, better than the S.H. Figuarts in most ways
>>
It gets no love because it's a fucking terrible design and character
>>
her scale is shit as well.
mafex has awful quality control, akin to neca.
the movie was trash. anyone who wants a memento of it is a fucking retard with shit taste.
what do you want, op?
>>
>>6467130
Fuckoff, captain boomerang was hot as fuck and his figure is fine
Its all famous chars (that black dude joker croc and harley) that were shit
>>
The SIC line doesn't get as much love as I would like.
They look absolutely amazing in person.
>>
>>6467108
>Post figures that don't get enough love or exposure.
>>pic related, better than the S.H. Figuarts in most ways
Everything related to that movie should be burned and forgotten
>>
>>6467306
Seriously, this
What a fucking horrible design for Harley
>>
>>6467108

That hideous fucking design deserves no love. It can be a good figure all it wants, but nothing short of being chucked into a smelter will save that design.
>>
File: 1434602906_TAV Sideswipe.jpg (71KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1434602906_TAV Sideswipe.jpg
71KB, 240x320px
Like it wasn't even designed by whoever did the rest of RID2015...
>>
>>6467130
>>6467306
>>6467320
it's a good figure regardless of how you feel about the design., and underrated because those who wanted a 1/12 SS Harley gravitate towards the S.H. Figuarts.
Pros:
>tattoos are actually visible, and very detailed
> jacket is actually shiny
>bat has the writing on it unlike the SHF
>face print is cleaner, no murky SHF shit
>gun details are way better
>more flexible than SHF
>generally more detailed and better painted

Cons:
>slightly larger than SHF, scale is wonky
>likeness on the SCULPT is better on SHF
>SHF knees are wayyy better
>>
>>6467108
Except the only thing it does better than the SHF is some detailing. Quality, sculpt and poseability are all objectively better on the SHF.
>>
File: DSCN8275.jpg (120KB, 1024x603px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8275.jpg
120KB, 1024x603px
Intrinsically, they're good figures. People shit on them for the eyes, and deservedly so (just look at poor Donny over there...), but at their core they're solid play things and really enjoyable. They're built like those WWE figures, where you can just go nuts in playing with them without worrying about fiddly joints snapping, all without compromising the articulation.
>>
>>6467320
it was p cute on liev schreiber's kid
>>
>>6467579
He probably made a boat load of sheckles whoring him out that day
>>
>>6467108
This guy is one of my favorite figures period. I know the anime mouth is bad and all, but it's so small that I never really noticed it unless I tried to seek it out. Probably the best Robocop we're gonna get in this scale, at least for a long time.
>>
>>6467659
>Probably the best Robocop we're gonna get in this scale, at least for a long time.
Considering it's the only Robocop figure in the 5 inch scale, that's not saying much
>>
>>6467659
Same anon.

Another absolute favorite. The face is less than ideal, but it's not nearly as bad as many make it out to be.

>>6467663
No, it's Japanese 1/12. It's not the same as 5in. Compare it to like the Mc. Farlane Walking dead shit, it's not the same thing. It's smaller than a lot of 1/12 American stuff, but it's on the smaller end of the same rough scale, so they go together well enough if you're not too picky.
>>
>>6467572
Playmates bungling the line was all sorts of criminal. It really irritates me that it's so expensive to have tooling made, so expensive that 99% of people can't even afford to try, and then they fuck up with crooked eyes or cancelling retailer orders or whatever stupid thing.
>>
>>6467669
Anon 1/12 is 1/12, it doesn't change according to what county it is.

Figma do not produce characters to a 1/12 scale, they just roughly make then around the same 5" to 6" height.
>>
>>6468110
No, different companies have different interpritation of 1/12. Japanese style 1/12 is closer to true 1/12. It's actually the american figures that are larger than true 1/12, not the other way around. Still, you believe whatever you want I guess. We can disagree.
>>
>>6467669
>it's Japanese 1/12
>math changes with borders
Gwuh?
>>
>>6468124
Anon 1/12 doesn't work like that. If a person is six feet tall then a 1/12 scale of them would be one foot tall, that's what 1/12 means.

No toyline is explicitly 1/12 except for a few exceptions like SHFSS, all the rest just produce toys within a certain size.
>>
File: Japanese vs American.jpg (134KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese vs American.jpg
134KB, 1080x1080px
>>6468124
Lol okay
>>
>>6468124
The problem is simple: you're a retard. figma is specifically stated as a non-scale line. It's your inability to understand this idea that is drawing in criticism from others. They're not 1/12, and there's no "japanese 1/12" either.

1/12 is 1/12, it's an absolute number when talking about scale. But please, keep posting about how that is wrong.
>>
>>6468130
>If a person is six feet tall then a 1/12 scale of them would be one foot tall
6", anon. A 1' figure of a 6' man would be 1/6 scale. A 1/12 figure of a 6' man would be 6".
>>
>>6468140
Oh fuck you're right, i screwed that shit up.
>>
File: dcc icons scale.jpg (241KB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
dcc icons scale.jpg
241KB, 1024x673px
>people arguing with a weeaboo over how everything japanese is superior, such as 1:12 Japanese scale being more accurate than American 1:12 scale
lol

figures that that person is also advocating the Figma Robocop
>>
File: Robocluck.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Robocluck.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>6468134
Nah, dude. A Japanese Robocop would only be like, 5'4. That's what he means by Japanese 1/12
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.