[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voltron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Season 3 of the Netflix show got my interest going in Voltron again. How's the line? Any figures that are particularly great?
>>
>>6466067
Whats the difference in combiner figures out now. Like the small one in your pic
>>
Supposedly Lego finally greenlit a Voltron Lego set for Voltron that a fan submitted
>>
Aren't there supposed to be Paladin figures being released?
>>
I still need to get Blue and Green Lion.
>>
>>6466101
It's not a combiner, it's just a figure of Voltron. It's got better proportions than the combiner and is cheaper, but what is the point of a Voltron that doesn't transform?
>>
>>6466067
Did they ever fix that stuck shoulder on the combining one that I saw a lot of people complaining about? Kinda turned me off of it.
>>
>>6468913
I assume you're talking about the fact the red and green lions don't have any sort of release mechanism and are difficult to pop out?

I don't think there was ever a fix, but mine loosened up enough after quite a few transformations it's not a problem any more. I also never had any real difficultly even when they were initially tight by using this method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKoPDkjMDFw

It's just the first few times you do it it will feel like you might break it. And if you grab the lion by the lower bit below the elbow joint like the "official" method says to do and put all the pressure there, you very well might.
>>
>>6468906
Wrong. It's Metal heros version. It's similar to the large one. All five lions are sold individually and they do combine. It's just shrunken down and all five lions have diecast torsos
>>
>>6469012
Wrong, it is the non-combineable Ultimate Voltron. Unless a diecast toy with no electronic components has speaker holes in his stomach anyway.
>>
>>6468698
Yes, apparently they're currently on the way. I think they said it was just Shiro, Keith, and Lance (and some variation of Voltron) for that first assortment. A second wave of the series will likely bring Pidge, Hunk, Zarkon, the Robeast with the lasers on its arm.
>>
File: 52404014_Alt02.jpg (397KB, 3000x1946px) Image search: [Google]
52404014_Alt02.jpg
397KB, 3000x1946px
>>6469127
nope.
>>
File: download.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>6469513
No, look at the image in OP, you blind idiot. There are speaker holes in the stomach and chest details that doesn't exist on Metal Defender (pic related). And the shoulders are clearly not removeable lions, otherwise where are the back legs and how did the proportions magically change? Plus the sword is translucent unlike Metal Defender Voltron and you can see the projectile missile in Green's mouth that only Ultimate Voltron has. OP's picture really is Ultimate Voltron, not Metal Defender.
>>
>>6469513
>>6470192
Is there a non-metal version of Metal defender? I like the size but I do not like the metal.
>>
What's the best Voltron/GoLion figure articulation wise? It doesn't have to combine
>>
>>6470233
Nope, this is it for now. Your options for combinable Voltrons are this 8" die cast Voltron or the 16" plastic one.
>>
>>6469513
When can I finally buy this?
>>
Man i've had the full DX Voltron cats and been trying to sell them forever and nobody wants them.
Even at like $80 shipped.
I've gotten nothing but offers for $60 and lower.

Did the market just die?
>>
>>6470317
Targets just got them in with their resets.

Picked mine up last week
>>
>>6470295
I wonder if Voltron is popular enough for china to make a plastic KO. The metal one is also annoying in that playmates doesn't sell it officially in my country, so I'd have to ship it.
>>
>>6470367
How is it? I didn't go for the original, bigger version because it looked pretty rough in terms of movement and paint, but I still want some merch/figure of this Voltron. Is it all diecast, or just bits and pieces?
>>
>>6470321
I have a feeling that most people either picked up the SOC Voltron or the new Playmates Netflix Voltron.
>>
>>6470321
It was only popular when the figures were scarce.

When everyone got them and the popularity died down with the show everyone found out how shit the figures were.
>>
>>6470383
Not that anon, but only the torso of each lion is diecast. They're also pretty blatantly just scaled down versions of the larger version too, so I can't imagine articulation is very different and as for paint, it's Playmates, don't be expecting much.
>>
>>6470584
The articulation is actually worse.

The wings can't splay like its other counterpart.
>>
>>6470584
Yes, >>6470588 is correct.
Also the pricing is pretty bad if you buy them individually. Buying the multipack is cheaper, but you obviously get optimal play and more bang for your buck if you just get the regular big one.

I feel like they could have done a second wave of the big ones if they did classic Voltron or something. Or hell just do a small diecast classic Voltron.
>>
>>6470584
I saw review on YouTube nd the articulation is way worse and the Black Lion's ears close and stay in the opened Voltron mode
I cancelled my BBTS order immediately after I saw that and also saw that they retail for $15 even though they were charging $100 fo rthe whole set
>>
Are there any reviews of the Paladin figures? I saw Shiro and Keith at Wal-Mart today, but I decided to pass on them for now. Shiro looked alright but Keith's head sculpt looked like fucking shit.
>>
Is the metal combining one decent? I never played with the big one, I'd get it, but damn it's big and I prefer smaller figures.
>>
>>6475292
Ah so they have come out in the US. They should be everywhere soon. And that's what the helmets are for I guess. The prototypes all seemed ok. I mean, you get what you pay for.
>>
File: voltronbox.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
voltronbox.png
3MB, 1600x900px
There's now a box set if some of you are still struggling to form Voltron.
>>
All I want is a combining set that has good proportions and decent articulation.
>>
So I got the metal Blue Lion today and I noticed that both back legs have cracks in them. Does anyone else have this as well?
>>
File: image.jpg (564KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
564KB, 750x1000px
Big voltron best voltron
>>
File: image.jpg (696KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
696KB, 750x1000px
All I wish were
>came with sheild
>greens jaw was show accurate
>head swivel
>mouths could be locked open

Otherwise I love him.
>>
>>6483876
do the lions specifically form the legs or hands or can you switch them around like COmbiner Wars?
>>
>>6484023
Naw, in fact the arm pegs are keyed so you can't even switch them to the other side without major disassembly and parts swapping.
>>
>>6484023
No, but the voice lines are programmed for each slot. So it knows you've attached the yellow ( and will have Shiro/hunk tell you) because they don't move around.?
>>
>>6469513
>All those missing colors and details
>Wings don't even spread out
>Costs almost $70
How the fuck.
>>
>>6484023

In theory, I believe you could swap the arms and legs left to right, but the arms cannot become legs and visa versa. The ports aren't there and the arms are significantly smaller than the legs.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.