[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ROBOT DAMASHII GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 93

File: Robot Damashii.png (18KB, 400x120px) Image search: [Google]
Robot Damashii.png
18KB, 400x120px
Previous thread: >>6437658

See first reply for links to images of upcoming releases and other helpful info!

Upcoming regular retail releases:
-Gogg, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (Aug. 10th)
-Gundam Exia Repair II & III (Aug. 25th)
-AB Wryneck (Sept. 2017)
-White Base Catapult Deck (Sept. 2017)
-White Base Hangar Deck (Sept. 2017)
-Acguy, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (Oct. 2017)
-Patlabor Type Zero (Oct. 2017)
-魂TRI Guyale (Oct. 2017)
-魂TRI Earlecumber (Oct. 2017)
-Gundam Prototype, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (Nov. 2017)
-Lancelot, Air Cavalry (Nov. 2017)
-Guren Mk II, First Arm Type (Dec. 2017)
-Bracer Phoenix (Feb. 2018)
-Gipsy Avenger (Feb. 2018)
-Titan Redeemer (Feb. 2018, Note: This is a web exclusive, but will be distributed as a regular release in North America by Bluefin)

Current open Tamashii Web exclusive preorders:
►Order Deadline August 21st
-Metal魂 Knight Gundam (Nov. 2017)
-Zaku Marine, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (Nov. 2017)
►Order Deadline TBA
-AB Zwuath, Second Run (Dec. 2017)
-Ex-S Gundam, Task Force α (Dec. 2017)
-GM Sniper Custom, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (Dec. 2017)
-Titan Redeemer (Feb. 2018)

Other mecha toy discussion is also more than welcome!
>>
File: 1000116344_4[1].jpg (377KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1000116344_4[1].jpg
377KB, 1200x1200px
>>6465751
Bandai's official RD page with images and release dates:

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/robot_tamashii/

Excellent, comprehensive RD list:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Gundam/index.php?showtopic=815
>>
File: DSCN9668.jpg (200KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9668.jpg
200KB, 1200x900px
>>6461495
>Chinese Quanta joined today.
That seriously looks fantastic, how much did it run you?

>>6462202
Thanks for the Zaku Cannon shots, anon! Looks gorgeous. Be sure to let us know how the decals turn out for you.

>>6462841
I love the general aesthetic of MB Mazinger, but I gotta agree with >>6462938 's assessment of the chest. There was something about it that was bugging me and anon nailed it.

>>6465079
Gah, that looks absurdly cool.
>>
File: 20170805_171211.jpg (416KB, 998x1331px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_171211.jpg
416KB, 998x1331px
Got my MK-V ver Marking in from proxyrabbitjapan. Quite a handsome suit! But some of the seams are unsightly that cost me $140 after everything. I kinda wish they would release unassembled versions alongside the figures for people who like doing it themselves.
>>
File: 20170805_192639.jpg (402KB, 1029x662px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_192639.jpg
402KB, 1029x662px
some shots of the HCM-Pro White Base Punitive Force set
>>
File: 20170805_192719.jpg (825KB, 1083x1290px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_192719.jpg
825KB, 1083x1290px
>>6466242
>>
File: 20170805_191237_2.jpg (890KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_191237_2.jpg
890KB, 1440x1080px
>>6466242
>>
File: 20170805_191244.jpg (334KB, 819x744px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_191244.jpg
334KB, 819x744px
>>6466242
man I thought the Zaku Cannon decals would be hard. These things are tiny.
>>
File: 1497107624691.jpg (240KB, 471x424px) Image search: [Google]
1497107624691.jpg
240KB, 471x424px
>Tremor prevents me from painting
>Always thought gundam was cool even though I don't watch the show because cool robots
>Didn't even know these action figures existed

WHERE DO I EVEN START
HOLY FUCK
DOES HLJ TAKE BURGER DOLLARS OR DO I HAVE TO PAYPAL
WHAT DO I GET FIRST
>>
>>6466428
start with Mandarake:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=the+robot+spirits

If you want ANIME sub-line specific:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=a.n.i.m.e
>>
File: 033.jpg (300KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
033.jpg
300KB, 1200x900px
>>6465961
Grats on the new addition! Man, the darker shade of blue alone makes me want to upgrade, much less the way sharper sculpting and all that sweet tampo detail.

>>6466242
Gah, I'm jealous! I had an order for that set way back in the day that got cancelled. Would have gone so nicely with the regular Zaku II release and the 08th Team Zaku II I managed to get.

>>6466428
HLJ would love to take your money and you can pay with a credit card there. RDs are stocked by all the major import retailers, so if you have a preference you can probably get them there. Also, RDs are distributed domestically in the US by Bluefin, so you can buy them off domestic online retailers like Amazon (RDs are known as Robot Spirits in the US).

Mandarake is also a superb resource as >>6466449 suggests, especially for older, out of production RDs. You can also use the search term ROBOT魂 to find stuff on there. Let us know if you have any questions about a particular RD or if you're seeking a certain design or series!
>>
>>6466470
What is the mech on the left ?
>>
>>6465961

For those of you who got an MK-V from Mandarake, was this thing able to go Small Packet
>>
File: 078.jpg (379KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
078.jpg
379KB, 1600x900px
>>6466911
It's the Nero, essentially the GM of the Gundam Sentinel story. We got three variants! The standard one (blue), the "trainer" version (red), and the EWAC recon version.

>>6467065
I was able to ship the original version small packet with no problem, so I imagine the new one should be fine too. Heck, Mandarake even shipped the big ol' missile-butt Xi Gundam via small packet for me.
>>
Apparently there was an XN Raiser + Seven Swords option set for the Metal Robot Damashii 00 Raiser shown off somewhere?
>>
File: Metal Robot XN Raiser 01.jpg (180KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Robot XN Raiser 01.jpg
180KB, 900x900px
>>6467601
Front shot this monstrosity.
>>
File: Metal Robot XN Raiser 02.jpg (122KB, 1000x617px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Robot XN Raiser 02.jpg
122KB, 1000x617px
>>6467601
>>6467609
Back/side shot of it.
>>
>>6467601
>>6464904
Taipei
>>
addressing some arguing from the last thread
>>6462501
>>6462686
>>6462717
RD joints aren't ABS, ABS is garbage for joints and even lego joints are PC, POM and PA, not ABS. RDs use primarily POM for joints and, within the past several years, PA for sockets. ABS is used for bulk covers and limbs, only ever being joints in the case of the skirt armor. We also see PVC for head joints and sometimes thigh swivel sockets, but that's about it. RDs are significantly more durable than gunpla and will be for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>6467668
>RDs use primarily POM for joints and, within the past several years, PA for sockets.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014600
>Material: ABS, PVC

PVC isn't functionally that different from GPPS.
http://www.boedeker.com/polyst_p.htm
https://www.professionalplastics.com/professionalplastics/PVCPipeSpecifications.pdf
ATSM's outlined tests are done using particularly sized samples so it's basically apples to apples as far as materials are concerned. The PVC found in toys is usually soft plastic that was loaded with plasticizer to get a less rigid plastic that won't permanently deform despite extreme elongation or bending. The flexible hands are a likely place to use PVC.

And I really doubt they use PA for RDs. The most commonly used PA is Nylon 6, which is great. Except it's more expensive up front and is more difficult to manufacture because it absorbs moisture like crazy, and you need a heated dryer (140-160F) to desiccate it. Otherwise you get bad parts with internal bubbles.

And as mentioned before, ATSM tests particular sizes. But 5 or 6mm thick ABS or PS is likely going to be tougher than 2 or 3mm POM in loading ability. Scale is a factor.
>>
Finally got around to opening up my XI ver Marking and the fucking V-fin and one of the leg fins are bent! The V-fin at least has a spare apparently, but the leg fin is semi-flexible piece that's perpetually bent and I don't want to try to bend it back in place.

And by bent I mean it looks like something bent them rather than a natural curve.
>>
>>6467877
Could always try heating the bent piece with a hairdryer, bending it back in place, and holding it in place while it cools. It's not guaranteed, but it might work.
>>
>>6467747
The material lists have all been only ABS and PVC for a couple of years now, they're just not showing all of the materials. If you don't trust me, try running acetone on any joint on an RD, it won't do anything. POM is used on every single RD release and this is a fact.

I'm fully aware that essentially any toy using PVC is using plasticized PVC.

PA is used on all SCM ex figures(on box), most sentinel figures (on box) and most hasbro figures (interviews). It's pretty common and I don't know of any other material that slides against POM the same way and reduces the CoF so low. It's also rather pliable on recent SHFs and RDS, it doesn't show noticeable stress marks like PP, and isn't effected by acetone (can't be PVC). So I can't think of what else it'd be, and considering it's used often it makes sense.

ABS and POM can be synthesized to dynamically that one test makes no difference; POM is superior for joints and always will be, this is why MSIAs also don't break. ABS is almost never used for joints of smaller pieces with internal support. I've never seen an ABS socket not show stress marks and eventually crumble compared to POM. The only modern toy I can think of using smaller ABS joints is the sentinel MMX figure, and the hips on that are stress mark central. This, of course, aside from Gunpla. Again, even legos only use ABS for block or normal parts, all ball sockets and the like are POM, PA, and PC.

POM isn't used on kits because you can't paint it or bond it, not because they think ABS is more durable. Hell, for some kits they even use POM for internals that need to be more durable, like all of the kotobukiya megaman dropdown hip joints.
>>
>>6467609
>>6467610

Are they also reissuing Exia? It was on display there with a new stand. Still my favorite MB.
>>
>>6468103
>If you don't trust me, try running acetone on any joint on an RD, it won't do anything. POM is used on every single RD release and this is a fact.
I don't trust you, so you should do it on your figures and show us.

>I'm fully aware that essentially any toy using PVC is using plasticized PVC.
Almost all amorphous plastic has plasticizer mixed in, otherwise it would be brittle. I'm saying the PVC found in toys is going to be very soft.

>most sentinel figures (on box) and most hasbro figures (interviews).
Sentinel I understand since they're higher end and heavier. Hasbro the only reference I found was to Transformers' structural parts, which also makes since because they transform. I wouldn't say any of the ANIME RDs need it, and most RDs use spring pins through an unconnected pair of pieces for hinge joints, so it's clear structural loading isn't a huge concern to the designers. And I have to question the validity of your claim when semi-crystalline plastics like POM and nylon are known for being affected more strongly by the environment, like wicking moisture better or more importantly experiencing more significant shrinking after molding so it doesn't make sense for them to use two separately molded parts joined by a spring pin. In the case of ball joints maybe it's more understandable but that leaves half the joints as just hinges.

>ABS and POM can be synthesized to dynamically that one test makes no difference
GPPS and rigid PVC will generally generate the same results. The difference is for whatever reason PVC can be made significantly more flexible, surpassing HIPS. But when you make a plastic more flexible you reduce its loading abilities and make it more susceptible to wear and tear. Previously you were saying that PVC was used in RDs for joints but there's no particularly good reason that you're showing and now you're saying they're only used for flexible parts?
>>
>>6468103
>The only modern toy I can think of using smaller ABS joints is the sentinel MMX figure, and the hips on that are stress mark central.
Bandai Hobby's quality control is much better than any toyline I've seen. The only kits I can recall having problems with stress were ones like the Freedom 2.0's hips and Barzam's hips. Both of which had their problems specifically pointed out. If your point is that ABS will always break it's seriously nuts. ABS is a well tested plastic even for lesser structural uses.

>POM isn't used on kits because you can't paint it or bond it, not because they think ABS is more durable.
Bandai generally doesn't expect joints to be painted. The way their kits are designed are clearly designed for kids first and painters/customizers second. And hobby brand-name ABS cements are a specialty. Most of them are made for PS, because it reacts easily to nearly anything. In general you don't want to paint the joints anyway because solvents will always weaken plastics...

You're right that ABS isn't more durable, but the difference isn't huge between POM and a rigid ABS. The biggest advantages of semi-crystalline plastics like POM and nylon are low friction (which converse you need friction to hold joints) and chemical resistance (why you find stuff like acetal and nylon in industrial workspaces). The trade off is the upfront cost, difficulties during and post manufacturing to counteract things like shrinkage and water content.

>Again, even legos only use ABS for block or normal parts, all ball sockets and the like are POM, PA, and PC.
Source? I looked it up and I just found people complaining about the clear parts (PC) breaking too easily and a site saying nylon and POM are used for fabric elements? Not sure what that means either.

In any case, I've yet to see proof the RDs and more specifically the ANIME line using POM or a PA for joints. If you post a video of you testing them with solvents I'll believe you.
>>
>>6468144
That's the Metal RD.

The MB Exia was a different color though.
>>
>>6468165
I don't have any acetone on hand but once I do I'll post pics. Btw, they're starting to start mentioning POM in their releass again, so that helps, but only for a couple. Regardless, they all still use it. You can tell just by the rigidity of the plastic when you cut into it that it isn't ABS.

Hinge joints still slide on eachother on their edges regardless of the pin, this is why we still get stick and slip on older and some newer releases. But it's significantly reduced with PA on POM instead of POM on POM like it used to be (all of the older RD and SHF boxes mention POM, btw).

I said PVC was used for thigh sockets and head joints (by head joint I thought you'd know I meant socket since the actual ball piece is in the neck, not the head). They are. Not on all, but on plenty. Often the POM or PA from the hip socket will go through thighs and and just have a PVC or ABS thigh cover, but they also just skip that and have a thigh piece pop into a PVC piece and the knee joint the same, but they don't contact eachother like the former.

Essentially my proof is personal experience with these materials and how so many old bandai releases stated they used POM, and that the core joint plastic is clearly still the same throughout the years. Plenty of toys and stuff use both plastics, I don't know why you question that its even possible when old releases mention it. Hell, I didn't know what POM was until I started looking into the stuff used on bandai figures. PA, on the other hand, is a guess based on how I've seen it used in the past. But the plastic is vlearly different, you can tell by the dye and just how pliable it is in comparison, and how it cuts.

Sorry if I came off arrogant, you clearly know a lot about plastics yourself and if you can help identify with certainty the opposing material to the POM joints that'd be great.
>>
>>6467065
I got one recently, just request Small Packet in the comments.
>>
>>6468198
Source for legos are the same tests, I have a float/sink and stress test showing PC and ABS differences, axle rods are clearly POM and PA is just some other technic pieces. I'll post pics but I don't want to derail the thread too much more, the test has photos though so it's no extra work.

Here's proof of RDs using POM:
http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/robot_tamashii/14/?number=20&character=&order=new&ck1=1&ck2=1&ck3=1&wovn=en

Look at any release starting with Spallow and going back, they all mention POM. Similarly, that unicorn full action got a recolor without the hardpoints on the previous page, same joints, same mold, but they don't mention POM. Same thing eith Ultra Act, SHF and some others at a point during 2012. POM wasn't dropped, they just stopped mentioning it. Why? No clue, but they are definitely still using it.
>>
>>6468220
>I don't have any acetone on hand but once I do I'll post pics.
You don't really have to do that. I don't want someone to potentially damage their RD over it.
>>
>>6468335
I have some spares so I don't mind, I'm trying to find my purposely disassembled ANIME rx 78 but I can't quite find it.
>>
File: ngyoq3tWq91qfxv5io1_500.gif (2MB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
ngyoq3tWq91qfxv5io1_500.gif
2MB, 500x450px
>>6467194
ajdkjadsoif.....stop showing me things I didn't know existed.
>>
>>6468343
In any case I'll just take your word for it since you sound confident enough to actually test it.
>>
>>6468387
well I think it may be good to have a video so people know what the plastics are in the future, I may just end up forgetting though. I wish I could just have a lab test stuff.
>>
>>6468217
>That's the Metal RD.

I know but there's literally a MB Exia there next to the Quant: https://twitter.com/t_features/status/893703438244093952
>>
>>6467194

My red Nero's feet are way pinker than the chest is everyone's like that? Maybe it's whatever color they sprayed over on each part.
>>
>>6468217
It's Exia MB with pearl coat. I'm waiting for the damned Astraea MB, but never...
>>
>>6465776
what's the consensus on robot damashii ingram?? I'm super tempted to but this month I can only buy one figure since the rest of my income goes towards my savings and it's a toss up between SIC Kamen Rider Drive, SHFSS Kamen Rider W and RoDa Ingram.
>>
may i have a list of 3rd party companies?
>>
>>6469226
Kinda mediocre imo but a lot of people here seemed to like it. The SIC, assuming it's the normal SIC size, is a much larger figure so if you want something impressive it's the better choice
>>
File: 1000116813_1.jpg (352KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1000116813_1.jpg
352KB, 1200x1200px
New listing for Tamashii World Tour items, likely to go up on p-bandai

ROBOT SPIRITS Zaku II Mass Production Model ver. A.N.I.M.E. Real Type Color
>>
File: 1000116811_1.jpg (336KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1000116811_1.jpg
336KB, 1200x1200px
>>6469518
Super Robot Chogokin Shin Mazinger Z Gold
>>
>>6469518

Cool a second chance to not be able to order them. Why does it look so shitty in this pic, though? Surely they have plenty of production figures to photograph officially?
>>
>>6469273
nice try, Bandai
>>
It's not my favourite Gundam, it wasn't from my favourite show and it'd top little in my collection, but I must confess that I truly would enjoy a well-done Barbatos Lupus Rex RD. It'd be unique.
>>
>>6470142
I still hope that option set comes out. Although I know it's probably close to never happening and would be some p-bandai shite.
>>
>>6470048
>literally the official promo photography
Dunno why you think it looks shitty. It's exactly what you see if you look at it on the official site.
>>
Can anyone tell me about Zeonography figures? There are a few I want, but all the photos I can find makes them look like they can't pose worth a damn.
>>
>>6470256
They're GFFs. They look nice standing there in a neutral pose, and trying to do anything further is playing with fire.
>>
>>6466428
Also, just sayin, if you did want to get into Gunpla but always stayed away because you couldn't paint, most modern kits (High Grade and above) are mostly molded in the proper colors and will look fine as straight builds.
>>
>>6470256
They can't pose much if at all. Many of them have fixed skirts. It's basically Katoki's ego at full blast with no one to make it playable like Signature Ka or Ver. Ka
>>
File: qq.jpg (288KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
qq.jpg
288KB, 720x540px
>>6470256
The only GFFS you can pose are the GFFn with metal joints. The old Gundam fix are small statues that you do not have to touch.

The GFFN are two, the Srike Gundam and the ZII.
>>
>>6470061

i'm just a newfag trying to look at options before diving into RD. :(
>>
File: The only mech that didn't job.jpg (43KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
The only mech that didn't job.jpg
43KB, 500x750px
I'm not familiar of SoC figures. Is this whole thing metal? How will it not implode under it's own weight?
>>
>>6470851
No. Only some parts will be diecast.
>>
>>6469296

I just secured another client, so I went ahead and got it, since I've also just found a good deal on SIC Kamen Rider Drive. I have to say, out of the box, Ingram requires some panel lining to really make it pop but the articulation design and details impressed me. Would have been great to get a shotgun to go along with it at this price point but the car accessory is a nice touch too.

I've never owned a RoDa but have built plenty of HG and RGs so this felt rather overpriced but I'm impressed with the engineering of the articulation, as limited as it can feel around the thighs. If anything, I'm hoping they'd release the transport truck as a model kit. This means I'm down for a Griffon RoDa though.
>>
>>6470256
>>6470316
>>6470335
>>6470651

People are talking out their ass. The Zeonography Doms are awesome. They are the exception to what everyone is saying about the FIX line. Some of the Gelgoogs and Zakus probably are too.

A lot of the Gundams are fine too, just depends on the figure.
>>
>>6471033
QC on the GFF line is so fucked that there's no way to be sure until you get it yourself.

But as a whole, especially considering how old the line is, it's better to be safe than sorry and assume they're fragile.
>>
>>6470316
All the accessories and limbs and stuff are specifically made to come off easy, they don't break, they just come off.

And yes GFF's have similiar articulation to an RD, main difference is most of them won't rotate at the waist.

Also as >>6471033 you'll find a marked difference in articulation and overall quality with the zeonography line. The Dom and Z'gok in particular. The GM Sniper custom is also an example of a GFF with near identical to RD articulation.

I've never once had a GFF with a QC issue, biggest problem I've run into with them are some deformities in the plastic, but that only happens occasionally and it's typically not visible. FFF's are a solid alternative option to RD's despite the lesser articulation.
>>
Since everyone has convinced you that gffs are great, want to buy my lot ?
>>
>>6471220
I meant to say GFF's not FFF's.

Also there are certain GFF's where the limbs wont come off, the Zeonography Dom is one of them.
>>
File: 3445doom.jpg (531KB, 900x819px) Image search: [Google]
3445doom.jpg
531KB, 900x819px
>>6471033
>People are talking out their ass.
>Doms are the exception to what everyone is saying about the FIX line.

Anon, I have it in my showcase. Beautiful to see but not really posable. It does not seem an exception, to me.
>>
File: Gundam MK-II toy.jpg (212KB, 1541x825px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam MK-II toy.jpg
212KB, 1541x825px
>>6466242
Found this on ebay (didnt bid on it). 1/200 scale Gundam MK-II, same scale as HCM-Pro, but this was made in 1985. Obviously the HCM-Pro versions look way better, but I thought it was interesting Bandai was making 1/200 scale toys all the way back in the 80s.
>>
>>6471388
Kind of charming in a way. There's something about old toys that just can't be beat. Sure, this is so obsolete by today's standards, but it's just... neat.
>>
>>6471220
Be carfull with the GFF god gundam and nobel it's the only case of GFF with bad plastic on the leg joint. I had three and all three broke in the same arena the knee joint
>>
>>6471506
I can confirm this.
>>
>>6465961
Ordered one today off of Mandy, just waiting for a positive in-stock notice.
>>
Thinking of wasting some money on one of the following:

>Robot Damashii ANIME Real Type Colours RX-78-2, G3, and Full Armour
>Metal Composite Gundam The Origin RX78-02
>Hi-Metal R Roy Fokker
>Sentinel Re:Edit Black X Gold Iron Man

What would /RDG/ go for?
>>
>>6471566
>>Metal Composite Gundam The Origin RX78-02
I'd go for this personally.
>>
>>6471229
I'm only interested in a few of them. What have you got?
>>
>>6471566
>Metal Composite Gundam The Origin RX78-02

This thing is rad.
>>
>>6471566
Get the GFFMC, they're really cool.
>>
File: bnr_rs_sl-ingram-3rd_600x341.jpg (52KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
bnr_rs_sl-ingram-3rd_600x341.jpg
52KB, 600x341px
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000116816/
>>
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000116819/
>>
>>6471566
>>6471587
>>6471708

How are the joints constructed on Metal Composites, am I going to get floppiness issues down the line with regular play?
>>
>>6472062

Joints on the MC origin has ratchets for the knees, so there's not a whole lot of worry with it.

totally recommend it.
>>
>>6472045
It should come with thruster and bazooka effects. Still haven't seen the regular space backpack it describes.

The regular version has no nozzles as per anime lineart.

I would really want to order a few of these to replace the ranks of my Zakus.

I great way to release an MSV colour variant as it is an equipment variant of the MS-06F.

Don't think they would be able to do it for the GM(white) and Gouf(desert).
>>
>>6472062
you should go check out some reviews and videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YeMLUC8LM8
>>
>>6472045
Oh man, that's cooler than I expected. I didn't actually know that it would be an altered color scheme. Now I'm tempted...
>>
File: FIGURE-017899_05.jpg (58KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-017899_05.jpg
58KB, 800x640px
Is the Sirbine worth 60 dolla dollas before shipping?
There's no video reviews for the thing. Still preordered it, haven't watched the series and only did because I think Sirbine looks cool, and I like this design better than OG Dunbine. Now I'm having second thoughts
>>
>>6472045

Huh, I don't really like how the one mouth tube connects to the backpack.
>>
A while ago my Guncannon DT took a tumble off a shelf and one of the antennae break off. So I modeled a new head (kinda low poly though) and had it printed at shapeways. It's hard to see since it's not painted yet but I'll get around to it eventually.

>>6472249
It's pretty nice and if shipping is reasonable then 60 sounds alright.
>>
File: 20170808_235301.jpg (287KB, 998x1331px) Image search: [Google]
20170808_235301.jpg
287KB, 998x1331px
>>6472286
Fug, forgot my pic
>>
>>6472249
Let me put it this way

There was a reason that it sold out instantly and went for 10k on the secondary market until the rerelease was announced.
>>
>>6472249

It fills the hole left by the Escaflowne Damashiis we are never getting.
>>
>>6472286
Anything that tumbles and breaks I always weather it and further break it to make my own battled damaged version.
>>
>>6472045
Was this one on the map or no?
>>
>>6472045

>No mine effect parts

What was even the point?
>>
>>6472249
I bought mine for 60 with shipping if BST here a few months back. And just like you, I had not seen the source material.

It is beautiful and majestic.
>>
>>6472411
It does come with mines under the description.

I noticed that the rear leg vents are opened like the Zaku S, unlike the Mass Production and Real Type.
>>
By the way, purchasing through the regular link for the Minelayer won't include the black tamashii stand. It has to be ordered from a special link provided when someone has received the blue and red stands from the regular retail campaign.
>>
File: IMG_1323.jpg (371KB, 1356x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1323.jpg
371KB, 1356x1186px
So a while back I asked for opinions on the ANIME Guncannon, ordered it, and promptly forgot I owned it.

Dusted it off the other day and it suddenly hit me just how good the engineering on this figure is. Can't contain my autism, please forgive the following photo dump:
>>
File: IMG_1325.jpg (394KB, 1174x1566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1325.jpg
394KB, 1174x1566px
>>6472692
Elbow joints.
>>
File: IMG_1326.jpg (353KB, 1176x1568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1326.jpg
353KB, 1176x1568px
>>6472694
Really tight curl, way past 90 degrees, with a central section that concertinas to fill out the gap and something inside that pulls the elbow pad flat against the curve. This reminds me a lot of the engineering on some Sentinel pieces I have, which cost over £100 each.
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (335KB, 1170x1474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
335KB, 1170x1474px
>>6472698
The wrist joint extends out of the forearm and has a hinge that allows you to angle the hand. It can also rotate in the barrel, so you can position it however you want.
>>
File: IMG_1328.jpg (352KB, 1178x1549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1328.jpg
352KB, 1178x1549px
>>6472701
There's a great shoulder butterfly, complete with a small fallaway section on the chest that allows it to pull in even tighter.
>>
File: IMG_1329.jpg (345KB, 1488x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1329.jpg
345KB, 1488x1180px
>>6472705
Knees. These are very reminiscent of the Re:Edit Iron Man figures in terms of design and function, complete with the fallaway section for the thigh to tuck into.
>>
>>6472692
Guncannon is love, anon. The only thing I don't like are the goddamn balljointed hips.
>>
File: IMG_1330.jpg (314KB, 1182x1289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1330.jpg
314KB, 1182x1289px
>>6472707
Again, like the elbows everything concertinas out to fill the joint and the kneepad pulls back to close any gaps.
>>
File: IMG_1331.jpg (363KB, 1179x1438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1331.jpg
363KB, 1179x1438px
>>6472710
The feet on this thing are amazing. Just going to post some pictures, it's pretty self-explanatory.

>>6472709
The very limited outward leg movement and lack of head tilt are the only things I can criticise on this figure. It's amazing for the price.
>>
File: IMG_1332.jpg (368KB, 1458x1192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1332.jpg
368KB, 1458x1192px
>>6472713
>>
File: IMG_1333.jpg (363KB, 1418x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1333.jpg
363KB, 1418x1186px
>>6472716
>>
File: IMG_1334.jpg (366KB, 1532x1188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1334.jpg
366KB, 1532x1188px
>>6472718
There's a crazy amount of range and jointing in the feet. Never seen anything quite like it before.
>>
File: IMG_1336.jpg (384KB, 1160x1550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.jpg
384KB, 1160x1550px
>>6472720
I paid ¥3500 for this, and it came with the bonus anime scenes plates which are extremely nice in and of their own right. There's better engineering on this thing than figures I've paid quite literally ten times as much for, I feel like if you slapped some diecast in the shins and feet and gave it a metallic paint job it could easily pass for a Riobot or something similar.

So far I only have this, Char's Zaku and the RX-78-2 out of the ANIME subline, can anyone recommend me any other hidden RD gems like this one?
>>
>>6472727

I'm not at home right now otherwise I'd take some pics to show you but the A.N.I.M.E Z'Gok is amazing, he's my favourite next to the Guncannon. People are in love with the A.N.I.M.E DOM aswell for good reasons.

The whole A.N.I.M.E line features great to amazing engineering all around so pick your favourite design and you shouldn't be disappointed.
>>
>>6472692
if this is autism, I don't mind it. Seeing new pics of a toy is what I came here for.
>>
>>6469296
thanks for your answer, I'm wondering what made you think of it as mediocre? This is my first RoDa purchase, though I've built about 20 ish modern HG toys so I'm interested in hearing more and if you got other figures from RoDa to recommend.
>>
File: IMG20170602010421.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170602010421.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
>>6472727
all figures in the anime line do not disappoint, the zgok is also amazing, the best toy of it imo
>>
>>6469226
I absolutely love the Ingrams to bits, but I understand why other people wouldn't. The engineering on them is very weird compared to the average RD figure, but once you get your head around it they'll do just about anything. Out of the things you listed, I imagine SHFSS W is going to be the most impressive in-hand, though.
>>
File: IMG20170723224401.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170723224401.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
>>6472754
Ingram is a must for patlabor fans, i think the articulation allows it to enact the variety of poses shown in the show. It requires more playing with to get used to but its the best ingram figure on the market atm.
>>
File: IMG_1338.jpg (368KB, 1305x1190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1338.jpg
368KB, 1305x1190px
>>6472772
D'oh.

>>6472735
>>6472769
I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on the Prototype Dom and Real Colours RX-78-2. How are the MSV ANIME figures so far?

>>6472743
Thanks. Just wish I had a better camera to hand.
>>
>>6472776
>Price tag: 7500 yen
>Slashed to 4600 yen
Source.
>>
>>6472754
High price; lack of accessories (no shotgun, no grappling hands even though Noa fights hand to hand all the time in the TV show, no effects); articulation is finicky, especially the hips; and the Ingram itself is a very plain mech so there's not much to it as a toy unlike the flashier Gundam or knightmare frames, and the scale of the figure is small. The car is nice but I feel like even with it the Ingram should've been like a $40 or $45 figure. Iirc I paid a little over $60 for it. I guess I should say mediocre for its price.

I think the old revoltech was a much nicer package overall and more fun to play with, but the RD does have a better finish
>>
>>6472902
>Ingram itself is a very plain mech so there's not much to it as a toy unlike the flashier Gundam

I've got a shelf full of A.N.I.M.E RDs, a MG Hyaku Shiki, MG Turn A Gundam and a RD Ingram, somehow the Ingram gets a lot of attention from my friends, even standing next to a gold and a moustached robot.
>>
File: 8ea17191.jpg (103KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
8ea17191.jpg
103KB, 1024x1280px
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52009742.html
>>
File: 567a8ca92625f.jpg (84KB, 799x533px) Image search: [Google]
567a8ca92625f.jpg
84KB, 799x533px
>>6472905
Doesn't surprise me, most fashion designers over the years have talked about the value of monochrome designs. Just think of all the iconic designs in film alone that are black and white/white and black.
>>
>>6472902
I agree with you on the accessory count. So far the articulation is smooth but solid. I'm with you on the grappling hands too, that'd have been nice.

However, detail wise, that is the appeal of the design. I think my complaint would be that at this price point, it'd have been nice for it to come panel-lined. That's not a hard additional work to do though, I did panel line mine and it looks that much better just from some black lines. The revoltechs did come panel-lined but the molded details and printed details on this are gorgeous and everything's really sharp. Funny enough, this time, it's the RD that actually has the less straightforward articulation this time round.
>>
>>6472871
The shop yellow submarine in namba does great discounts on new figures, its insane
>>
>>6472769
I'm mad at myself for letting the Guntank go. "Oh it's just the Guntank, it should be easy to get later." Now it sells for 15k fucking yen.
>>
>>6473008
believe me, buying it was painful, i got it at 14000, but at least you get the cool base with it

>>6472968
fuckkk hes sexy
>>
>>6472968
Dammit I don't even really like the Gogg but it comes with all of those accessories for the RX-78!
>>
File: 1000116816_10.jpg (50KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1000116816_10.jpg
50KB, 560x560px
I don't remember this. Did they ever parody the jest stream attack in the series, or is this just Bandai havin' a laugh?
>>
>>6473584
Not that I recall. Ingram 3 is just spare parts except the one time Kanuka used it to buy time against the grifon
>>
>>6472974
Monichrome designs are great. Just look at the GM Sniper Custom.
>>
File: 1502318375970402441568.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1502318375970402441568.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
So i just recieved my rd susanowo.
Are the gn binders suppoes to be kinda loose, and also how the fuck can i mold the headband so it stops tilting the head?
Im guessing through heat?
>>
>>6473708
OH. Yeah my Masurao's binders aren't that loose, but if you can pop'em off and put a very small amount of tissue paper in the socket, that'll tighten'em up for ya.

And I'm sorry I forgot to mention the headband issue when I posted about my Masurao. I've been making due with how it is out-of-box, but you might be able to warp it after applying some heat with a hair-dryer or hot water.
>>
File: kamil.png (123KB, 516x435px) Image search: [Google]
kamil.png
123KB, 516x435px
>>6472968
>go to order him on AmiAmi after seeing these photos
>sold out
>>
>>6473831
They will be restocked. People are rushing for it because of the campaign stand.

It is also a ploy to sell every other figure that is still in stock. We still don't know if other online retailers will provide the stand.
>>
>>6473791
Thanks anon, how would you go to popping the binders off?
The figure is built so much like a stick that im scared to touch it.
>>
Hey guys.

I asked HLJ and they said they will start the ANIME Tamashii stage campaign in the coming weeks. A list of qualifying items will be specified when their campaign starts.
>>
>>6473708
Also know any good display stages?
The one i have in the photo was cracked for some reason so i have a feeling i should buy more soon
>>
>>6473856
Okay, so I know what you mean (this guy feels fragile since he's so lightweight!), but the binders pop-off pretty easily after I tested it out.

Just keep in mind that the binders are on a double ball-joint. So move any other limbs out of the way, firmly hold the figure in one hand with the waist in the area between your thumb and index finger, and then use your thumb and index finger to support the binder joint. With your other hand, grab the binder and gently twist it away from the ball joint. They'll pop off without having to apply too much force, so put a tiny bit of tissue paper in the socket, and then pop the binder back on, and you should find that they aren't so loose.

I've used this trick on a good few of my RD's so far, and it does help a lot, especially on light weight pieces like these binders.
>>
>>6473584
there was an OAV episode called Black Tri-star, where they hunted down a female bank robber in a bathhouse who has 3 black moles under her armpit.
>>
>>6474481
In the tv series a shaft*could be wrong* robot attempts to do this on the russian red sub robot but gets btfo
>>
https://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/big-o/

Looks like they're re-releasing the SoC Big O on P-Bandai
>>
File: DGw7Cm7XUAAfboh.jpg large.jpg (380KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DGw7Cm7XUAAfboh.jpg large.jpg
380KB, 1536x2048px
What is going on here? Are they starting to open that mystery box? Is the figure in the top-center new, I can't make out what it is.
>>
>>6474819
S-Scopedog ?
>>
File: DGhypLkUAAAVWqp.jpg (123KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DGhypLkUAAAVWqp.jpg
123KB, 900x1200px
>>6474819
Knight Gundam
>>
>>6474877
>godzilla jr special color version
FUCK YOU GIVE ME MECHAGODZILLA YOU BASTARDS
>>
>>6474819

This picture confuses me. Is that a mirror? Is it a cabinet with some TARDIS-level dimension shifting going on? It looks. . . smaller on the outside.
>>
>>6465751
What's your opinion of NXEDGE Style?
>>
>>6475044
I think it has lower shelves in the box and the black piece is in front of the glass preventing you from seeing them. That's why the top looks deeper/smaller.

>>6474865
Looks like some MSV Zaku to me.
>>
>>6475221
Cute, pretty nice desk figures.
>>
>>6474251
Thanks anon, I'll try it later.
This is my first(and probably last RD) so I dont know what to do with it half the time
>>
>>6472042
I can't be the only one that noticed that it comes with what it appears to be a reactive armor shield.

Makes me hopeful for some reactive armor versions, even though they will certainly be dick-Bandai exclusives
>>
>>6475365
Oh man, first and last RD? Out of curiosity, why is that? And as far as "what to do with it," just change it's pose up every now and then! I have most of mine on display in poses I like, but I make a point to change it up once in awhile and play around with the figure a bit before I settle on a new pose.

Anyway, no problem, and best of luck! Lemme know how it goes!
>>
>>6471388
looks pretty cool. you should keep it.
>>
>>6471388
It used to be, still is I guess? a very popular scale for plane models. Bandai got their start in the franchise making the first gunpla after Clover's toys so models have a lot of influence on how Gundam merch from Bandai was made
>>
>>6475699
>Oh man, first and last RD? Out of curiosity, why is that?
I love the susanowo figure and all since its my favorite design, plus im grateful that i listened to your input and bought it but the smaller scale really sticks out like a sore thumb in my collection.
These figures from what I see, are cheap too so I have to have self control or else id buy up all the designs I like which are TONS of /m/ stuff. I'll miss out on tons of mechas this way but my self control is a wildcard for /m/ shit.
>>
>>6476008
Totally understandable. I also lack self-control with my hobby. It started with a few of my favorite designs, and quickly turned into a full collection. Granted I only collect RDs (aside from my SRC Gurren Lagann, but that's still similarly scaled), so they all look nice together.

Glad you enjoy your Susanowo though!
>>
File: IMG20170811190651.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811190651.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
lucky day today
>>
File: IMG20170811192401~01.jpg (3MB, 3456x4450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811192401~01.jpg
3MB, 3456x4450px
stand is cool, looks like any rd purchase counts
>>
File: IMG20170811194552.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811194552.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
you get a handle piece that attaches in the socket hole now, kinda floppy
>>
File: IMG20170811200435.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811200435.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
damn this hammer is BIG
>>
File: IMG20170811200608~01.jpg (3MB, 3456x4429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811200608~01.jpg
3MB, 3456x4429px
head plate removed
>>
File: IMG20170811200943~01.jpg (3MB, 3456x4193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811200943~01.jpg
3MB, 3456x4193px
>>
File: IMG20170811201907.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811201907.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
swim mode
>>
File: IMG20170811202443.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811202443.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
a worthy addition to the swim club, as the gogg is an unusual design, you might not get used to posing at first, so try to move him around a bit. The accessories are great here
>>
>>6476477
That's a big hammer
>>
>>6476727
>That's a big hammer

For you.
>>
>>6473584
It's not a reference even if the buttmad mod disagrees.
>>
>>6476477
How do I get a stand with my RD purchase? If I buy it off a hobby shop, do I get them? I'd love them for my HG Zaku II kits.
>>
File: 011.jpg (411KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
411KB, 1200x900px
>>6470335
>Many of them have fixed skirts.
Whoa, never knew that about the Zeonography figures.

>>6471566
Out of those options, is there a design or series that you particularly enjoy? My personal preference would be for the Hi-Metal R Fokker. A great, playable yet detailed toy with three different modes, AND play-compatibility with a healthy line of companion figures. Add in the fact that the Hi-Metal R Fokker was a web exclusive that shot up in price after release, means if you're getting Fokker for a reasonable price (original price was 10K JPY, I think) it's nearly worth it based on that rarity alone because he's only going to get more expensive.

Also, Roy is awesome, haha.
>>
File: IMG20170811202555.jpg (3MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170811202555.jpg
3MB, 3456x4608px
oh yeah, mine came with some unsightly nubs here and there
>>
File: DSCN0549.jpg (176KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0549.jpg
176KB, 900x1200px
>>6468419
Just checked mine and I definitely see it! The red on the feet is much more vibrant than the more muted shade of red on the chest.

>>6468385
But I don't want ya to miss out on cool mecha! haha

>>6468404
I'd be interest in seeing it!
>>
File: DSCN7822.jpg (245KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7822.jpg
245KB, 900x1200px
>>6473952
That is awesome news, thanks for finding that out, anon.

>>6467877
Holy crap that sucks! Was it placed inside its packaging improperly or something? Heating it up may help you reshape it as >>6467990 suggested, but I think it'd be safer to dip the fin into some hot water rather than use a hairdryer. And while the leg fin do have some flex, they're still fairly rigid (and very thin) plastic parts so you gotta be super careful.

Have you tried contacting whoever you purchased it from? Way back when, my Byarlant Custom had a defective part out of the box and the seller was able to help me get a replacement part. It was a removable piece though, whereas I'm not sure what part Bandai could give you to replace just the leg-fin (whole new leg, maybe?).

Still, it's worth a shot if you can't fix it yourself!

>>6470900
Glad you're enjoying the Ingram! I agree with the the pros/cons already discussed about the figure, though overall I gotta say I love it. I especially love the polished, gloss finish to him.

>>6476527
>>6476898
Thanks for super fast the in-hand pics as usual, anon! Looks awesome, but yeah, those are some particularly noticeable nubs, especially since they've done a pretty good job minimizing them in the ANIME line thus far. At least they're in a fairly out of the way spot.
>>
>>6472042
>>6473584
Does unit 3 have any difference between his movie and TV appearance?
>>
>>6477017
Yes, the intakes
>>
>>6476959
>Have you tried contacting whoever you purchased it from? Way back when, my Byarlant Custom had a defective part out of the box and the seller was able to help me get a replacement part. It was a removable piece though, whereas I'm not sure what part Bandai could give you to replace just the leg-fin (whole new leg, maybe?).
Mandarake. Also not sure how I can replace anything when the leg stabilizer fin is glued down
>>
>>6477019
What intakes?
>>
>>6476888
There's a few on Mandy for ¥16k, which doesn't seem so bad given the metric shitton of option parts it comes with.

I like all those series, Re:Edit mainly for the engineering and a childhood Iron Man fixation. My liking for Gundam keeps going up the more I get through of the early series and as I get exposed to stuff like the Origin manga and especially MSV. I absolutely adore Do You Remember Love, but for some reason don't own any Macross merch besides some old Revoltechs I have stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

The only other series I love but don't own anything related to is Akira, mainly because there's very little out there for it. I'd love a comprehensive Figma Akira line, or from any good manufacturer really.
>>
File: 1502382081532.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502382081532.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
Anon asking about the KO oo gundam, can anyone link me to a good site where i can buy the metal gear/club Oo 7s weapon set?
All i found was Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222606451618 and tons of sellers selling Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322641163666 with the uncolored gn buster.
I mainly want the gn buster but i dont know any better place to buy it from, can any amon inform my uneducated ass on this?
>>
>>6477887
there no website that sell it, only on ebay and aliexpress.
>>
>>6477907
Do you know if the second link's gn buster is colored?
Ive seen pics of peoples weapon pack colored but im unsure if its the same since i have no solid source to buy from.
>>
>>6477926
>>6477887
>>6477907
I dont know why i keep saying buster, i meant blaster
>>
>>6469518

The USA P-Bandai site and Nippon Yasan are not offering pre-orders. What do.
>>
>>6477940
Because it's selling by lottery. You just have to get it secondhand.
>>
>>6477926
both of them are colored. I haven't seen any that's not.
But the first link might only have the GN blaster, the 2nd link should have to whole set.
>>
>>6476959
I'm honestly surprised they didn't go for Helldiver and Griffon straight after Ingram 2's release.
>>
>>6478023
Thanks anon, I guess they were using the stock photo showing the unfinished product which is why i was so confused
>>
File: IMG_0814.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0814.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
My AGHK exclusive RX came in!
>>
>>6479047
You lucky bastard.
>>
File: 1502584320180.jpg (1MB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
1502584320180.jpg
1MB, 2896x2896px
Glad I'm still caught up to date on the ANIME Line
>>
>>6472045
man this is gorgeous, are there good HG kits of this same Zaku type?? Unfortunately, most of my collection aren't the anime type sculpts, so this might look out of place. Main reason why I haven't dipped into any of the anime Zakus despite the good opinions about them.
>>
>>6479058
Damn that looks great, I'm a sucker for clear toys.
>>
>>6479058
DAMN IT, this is beautiful. I feel even shittier about missing out on this now.
>>
>>6479173
As far as I know, no. MG only for Minelayer.
>>
>>6479393
thanks anon. I guess I'll stick to my EVA and Patlabors for RD.
>>
File: 1395191449350.jpg (83KB, 379x345px) Image search: [Google]
1395191449350.jpg
83KB, 379x345px
>>6472045
>learn about Robot Damashii figures
>have too many costly hobbies already
>A.N.I.M.E line comes out
>"I-I'll only get the Zaku, Gouf, and Dom I swear!"
>Now currently collecting all the Zeon and MSV figures

Why...
>>
>>6479703
Yeah this is why I've committed myself to only buying suits that are actually in the show. The MSV stuff is cool but that rabbit hole is too deep.
>>
I've been thinking about getting some of the HMR figures, but I need to know something: all the non-transforming figures like the Destroids look amazing in reviews and in-hand pics but the Vakyries look oddly cheap and plasticy by comparison - plenty of nub marks and mould lines even on flat front-facing surfaces and very little paint.

Do they look and feel better in-hand than they appear in photos? They seem to get near-universal praise everywhere...
>>
>>6479703
>>6480344
Pick your battles- I mean figures- wisely. Heh.

I feel your pain, and already have a decent slew of A.N.I.M.E. RDs too, but there are some releases I can pass up.

Standard releases like Char's Z'gok, Acguy, and Gogg, I (somewhat begrudgingly) am passing on. And while I love the MSV stuff, I'm not planning on picking up the Gouf Test Prototype, Prototype Dom, Zaku Marine, or Minelayer Zaku. I also skipped the Real Type and G3 Gundam, as well as Char's Rick Dom and Real Type Zaku.

That being said, there are a few suits I didn't plan on picking up but did anyway like the Guncannon, Gouf, and Dodai YS.

It's tough, especially with how good the A.N.I.M.E. line has been.
>>
>>6480344
>>6480526

It's like plastic heroin man. Luckily I only like UC Zeon stuff, I can only imagine otherwise...
>>
>>6480552
Heh, yeah. This is all after I've already owned a slew of other RD's from years prior, so the A.N.I.M.E. line has really made my collection a bit larger. And it's tough to fit in other releases like the Patlabor stuff when I'm dropping the cash on another A.N.I.M.E. releases every other month.

And that being said, it is really hard to say no to some of this stuff. I was drooling over the Minelayer Zaku when its pics first dropped, but I had to keep telling myself "it's just a recolored Zaku II with a different backpack, you don't need another Zaku."
>>
File: 1351982981040.jpg (199KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1351982981040.jpg
199KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>6480635
How is the night combat version? That and beast mode are the only ones I don't have but I'm tempted to finish the series
>>
>>6479391
My wallet be hurtin' tho..
Fucking ANIME line breaking me
>>
I hope they eventually get around to re-making the 08th MS team mechs. While I love their MSIA counterparts, I'd love for a more advanced version.
>>
File: smash everything.jpg (21KB, 292x438px) Image search: [Google]
smash everything.jpg
21KB, 292x438px
>>6480519
Personally I find it to be the opposite, I find the non-valks to look cheap and plasticy, that said the spartan (got because amiami have it on sale) is solid as fuck, a much more fun figure to handle, but not as involved as the valks, if not for the diecast in the joints I'd throw him around (because he'd break something but not so much himself)

The valks are a *little* more delicate, yes they use diecast in the breakable sections but I wouldn't dare stress test them, plastic gives metal bends for good, but you can still handle them well enough for dynamic poses and what not, but they're nothing like say a modern day retail hasbro transformers toy where you can man handle it, more or less treat them as you would as a model kit, pose them gently, look and admire, but not quite a hand grenade or made of sand.

Looks wise the valks aren't that bad and the lack of actual paint I would say is because you do have to handle alot of the surface during transformations, the colored ones ie the mass produced model and the red and blue ones look the best in hand whilst the roy folker and...erm rick hunter (sorry can only remember robotech name) look really bland, same for the armored one but with the armor on its on par with the spartan

Hope that helps, sorry been a looong day
>>
Anyone got the HMR defender?

Seems to be shelf warming online, shall I wait for a sale like the spartan?
>>
>>6481217
Destroids haven't sold well historically.
>>
>>6481253
Guess I'll wait then.

People seem to crave a tomahawk though, safe to assume he'll be the only one actually moving?
>>
Now that the ANIME line is all the rage in the Gundam toy world, are there any good YT videos or websites tutorials that feature custom work on ANIME RD figures (weathering/modding/decaling)?
>>
>>6481304
Not that I'm aware of but doing custom paint jobs and decal work is exactly the same as any model kit, while I have the theory on weathering down I've never tried it so I can't comment but for decals if water slide best topcoat the surface in gloss paint before applying then topcoat again in gloss, AND FINALLY add matte if you wish for a flatter finish than shine.

If you just want a showcase of skill ie inspiration someone from japanese channels might show up, as I sure as hell would be too scared to do any sorta work on these figures given their price unlike normal model kits
>>
Gelgoog ver. ANIME when?
>>
>>6481332
Gyan first.
>>
What are the best Dunbine damashiis that aren't the Drumlo, and where can I find an Ashura Temple/G-Roon?
>>
File: rdgoufanime.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
rdgoufanime.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>6481304
Decals and top coat are simple. Haven't tried painting or weathering.
>>
>>6481255

Knowing Bandai's poor timing and braindead sales decisions, I'd not be surprised if they made the Tomahawk exclusive because of the lower sales of the Spartan and Defender.

The Phalanx will almost certainly be an exclusive.
>>
>>6481332

If they don't announce the Gelgoog and Zeong soon, there'll be a riot.
>>
>>6481451

GTFO M'quve.
>>
>>6481503
Fuck them, I want Big Zam.
>>
>>6481462

Best as far as being a solid toy is the Leprechaun. Billbine is less solid but looks amazing in every pose.
>>
>>6481506

Zeon loser. The Big Zam will never be mass produced.
>>
>>6481500
>The Phalanx will almost certainly be an exclusive.

That is the one I want the most and you are probably right. Why are Japanese toy buyers unable to get into non-hero mecha? Also it's not like the market is flooded with Destroids that don't suck.
>>
>>6481517
>That is the one I want the most

Aye. Me too.
>>
A.N.I.M.E Zakrello when
>>
>>6481217
Item just released end of last week. You already calling it shelf warming. Sure its ture the destroids arent hot sellers but you realy need to give it time before calling it shelf warming.
>>
>>6481524
A.N.I.M.E. High Mobility Zaku when? Seriously, Johnny Ridden, Shin Matsunaga, Tri-Star, where the hell are they?
>>
>>6481551

They're low-hanging MSV fruit. They'll get to them. Just be patient.
>>
>>6481582
>low-hanging MSV fruit
This is what I always figured too. Might as well show what their dedication is towards the MSV stuff by doing the unique MS first, not the ones we've had a few figures and kits of in the past.

Personally I'm hoping for Ramba Ral's Zaku I. That MSiA was awesome, and I'd love an updated version of it. Especially with that sick hear hawk. Or that Gelgoog Cannon that I can't remember the name of the pilot. Heh.
>>
>>6481468
What brand topcoat spray did you use?

I thought topcoats are suppose to go over painted surfaces, not bare plastic?
>>
File: DSCN8101.jpg (283KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8101.jpg
283KB, 900x1200px
>>6477030
Yea, and after taking a closer look at the hip joint, even if they gave you an entire leg replacement, I'm not sure how you'd remove it to swap 'em out. Still, I'd contact Mandarake and see if there's something they can do for you.

>>6477163
To be frank, even though I love the HMR VF-1, I wouldn't recommend spending 16K JPY on one, unless you needed Roy to complete a collection. It's a fantastic toy, but I just don't think you'd be entirely satisfied with it at that price, particularly if it's your first experience with the HMR line.

I'd suggest giving the line a shot by picking up one of the cheaper, more readily available releases (like Hikaru's VF-1J), wait for a VF-1S reissue (I bet a Max VF-1S has a good chance of being released sometime), or splash out a little bit more and pick up one of Arcadia's VF-1 reissues. Definitely gotta get yourself some DYRL merch, though!

>>6478136
Same!

>>6479050
>>6479058
Congrats, you bastard haha.
>>
File: DSCN0647.jpg (187KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0647.jpg
187KB, 900x1200px
>>6480344
>>6480552
Hah, keep telling yourselves that, anons. But one day, you guys are going to make an exception; maybe there's a really good sale, or a design that you find irresistibly cool, so you buy an RD outside your area. That exception will snowball into another, and another, and another, until your shelves are packed with RDs!

I know because I started out saying "I'm only going to collect Gundam Unicorn and Full Metal Panic RDs."

It didn't work anons, it didn't work! lol

>>6480615
> I had to keep telling myself "it's just a recolored Zaku II with a different backpack, you don't need another Zaku."
I debating passing the Minelayer for that exact reason. While the Desert/Cannon/Marine Zakus all have substantial remolding, the Minelayer seems pretty plain in comparison.

>>6480661
There's really nothing special or unique about it aside from the translucent purple plastic. I'd suggest passing on it if you've got the standard EVA-01 already, I only bought mine because I wanted to check out the EVA mold, had no intention of getting any other EVAs, and it was only 14 bucks thanks to a stroke of luck.
>>
File: DSCN0605.jpg (235KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0605.jpg
235KB, 1200x900px
>>6480519
I've never really noticed any particularly egregious mold lines/nub marks on my HMR valks. I think one thing to keep in mind is that HRMs are fairly small figures, only a bit taller than an RD when in battroid mode, so something that looks fine in-hand may end up exaggerated in a close-up review pic. Also, HMR's are packing a full three mode transformation into an RD-sized package, so concessions are going to have to be made, but I think they look great in all three modes.

In regards to plasticy-ness; that's something I've never really been bothered about with toys in general so I'm probably not the best person to comment on this, but in-hand the plastic used for HMR valks doesn't seem cheap to me at all, it feels like quality, sturdy plastic.

Regarding paint, all the important details are there. Verniers are painted, and major markings are all where they should be (UN SPACY on the legs/gunpod, Macross kites, jolly rogers, etc.) so there's no real glaring missing paint apps. It's actually not all that different from a standard Yamato/Arcadia release in terms of paint apps.

Here's the HMR VF-1S Hikaru compared to the Yamato release and an RD FA Gundam.
>>
File: 20170814_170123.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_170123.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>6481843
I use Tamiya with no issues so far.
>>
>>6478136
Helldiver barely showed up in the show. Griffon I guess but you gotta build up to it. It was kind of a hotshot but there were two baddies that were almost as big before it
>>
File: DSCN0618.jpg (244KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0618.jpg
244KB, 1200x900px
>>6480519
>>6482006
And speaking of Yamato/Arcadia, if your primary concern with a valk is looks, you should get a Yamato/Arcadia, no question. HMR valks look great for the small package they come in though, and their greatest strength (for me) is the playability their smaller size lends plus the expansiveness of the HMR line beyond valks. Getting good, in-scale destroids (including the Monster!) and Zentradi toys is just too awesome.

Like I suggested above, if the scale and the companion releases interest you, give one of the cheaper cheaper HMR valk releases a shot to see if you like them (I think you can get the brown cannon fodder VF-1A for as little as 6000JPY).

>>6481517
>>6481520
While I definitely want the Phalanx, I have to admit to being one of the Tomahawk lusters first and foremost, haha.

>>6481462
Ashura, 9K JPY:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1036942971&ref=dos

G-Roon, also 9K JPY:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1025974962&ref=dos
>>
>>6481592
>Personally I'm hoping for Ramba Ral's Zaku I

Might have to wait a while. I don't think it appeared in the anime or the original MSV lineup.
>>
>>6481987
>I was debating passing the Minelayer for that exact reason.

It's funny, because I had to really fight it. I know it's mostly a recolor, but it still looks so good!

Also, I'll be getting my Zaku Cannon tomorrow! I can't wait!

But you're so right. I started collecting saying I'd only buy my absolute favorite mechs. Now I have over 30 RD's with no end in sight... And that's with me TRYING to hold back! You know how many I wish I had, but somehow held off on?!
>>
File: wavmc-71_6_1485106769.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
wavmc-71_6_1485106769.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>6482036
>While I definitely want the Phalanx, I have to admit to being one of the Tomahawk lusters first and foremost, haha.

I have trouble getting past the froggy-face-with-telescoping-eyes look of the Tomahawk. Otherwise, it's certainly a cool design.
>>
>>6482187
Ah, you're right. I forgot it wasn't in the original MSV lineup. Well damn. That's okay. Just add it to list of designs I want that'll never get an RD... (Mudrock, Efreet, G04/G05, Hazel...)
>>
>>6482193

I'd definitely grab the Hi-metal if it came with parts to make the version without the head guns seen in some choice scenes.
>>
>>6482193
>froggy-face-with-telescoping-eyes look

It's not easy, bein' tan
Havin' to spend your life the color,
Of cannon fodder
When you could be red or blue,
Or yellow,
Or some other main character color like that.
>>
>>6481592
Ramba Ral Zaku I was a Giren's Greed original, so it won't get into the MSV line.
>>
>>6479047
I honestly thought that I was the only one here who even knew this existed. Mines still in the mail.

BTW there are two still available on manda. One for 9k yen and another for 11k.

>>6476449

You have to buy that in a store in Japan to get the stand right?

I'm fucking jealous of all of you right now. I'm supposed to be the guy who gets things early!
>>
>>6482291
Ah, so that's where it came from.

Too bad. That MSiA was one of my favorites. It would be so nice as an upgraded A.N.I.M.E. RD.
>>
>>6480519
Just to back up everything else that's been said here, part of the problem you may be seeing is that the Hi Metal R valkyries are based on the earlier Hi Metal line valks, just fixed up a bit (plastic shoulder joint was made diecast, later releases include a filler clavical plate, etc) while the destroids and Zentradi mechs are all new designs. I own Hikaru's VF-1J, Max and Millia's Super-valk VF-1Js, and two cannon fodder VF-1A's and I've yet to run into any real quality control issue with any of them, personally. I also own the Glaug and it's damned amazing. I've yet to hear an unkind word about the line as a whole except for the poor bastard or two that had a bad diecast VF-1 shoulder joint snap on them. General consensus seemed to be that those managed to have air pockets in them.

Eagerly awaiting my Defender showing up, plus the anniversary VF-1S and the VF-2SS + SAP Unit
>>
>>6480519
They look better in person, but truthfully part of the appeal to them is that they don't have all that paint and fragile detail. If you want a beautiful display piece, get an arcadia valkyrie, the HMR line does not hold a candle to them in terms of engineering, sculpt, or paint detail.

But if you want a desktop toy to fiddle with without having to concern yourself about fragile parts, paint scratches from transformation and tampo print rubbing off simply by touch, get a HMR.
>>
>>6482295
Couldn't let him slip through my fingers.. I've never tried this hard ever to keep up with a specific figure line..
>>
>>6481500
>The Phalanx will almost certainly be an exclusive.

I just want them to make it. Yamato didn't even get around to making their Phalanx.
>>
>>6479183
Costanza says hi
>>
The Real Type Zaku is in stock at manda for 8.5k yen.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1070826730&ref=list
>>
>>6482362
Am I the only one who gets triggered by all the partsforming on the Hi-R Valks? I mean, they couldn't even include functioning landing joints in the figures ffs. 15 dollar Transformer figures that look like dollar-store knock-offs can do that.

I had Hikaru and Roy, and ultimately sold them both off because it was just unsatisfying to transform them.
>>
>>6482791
Considering I'm holding a titans returns deluxe triggerhappy who only has a front landing gear and some molded mock wheels and none of them roll I'm meh, the hmr landing gear looks much better but I would say the shit would be far too delicate.

They can transform into the 3 basic modes just fine apart from the heatshield which is good enough for me, least I don't need to remove the arms and legs for any of it, its shitty for the price but I would say only way around it is to charge more for making the landging gear stuff to be made out of diecast so it doesn't break from how tiny it is.
>>
File: giant-gorg.jpg (107KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
giant-gorg.jpg
107KB, 768x576px
When?
>>
Hows the Virunvee?
>>
File: FIGURE-001587_04.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-001587_04.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>6482853
There's no need.

>baww too expensive
Just do it faggot.
>>
>>6483014
yeah just get a gunpla kit of a Gundam and paint it blue
>>
>>6481987
How the fuck did you get that for $14?
Most on Mandarake are $100~
>>
>>6481462
What is SIRBINE?!
>>
>>6482791
I did the same thing. I got the newest Arcadia reissues now and while they're still far from being the perfect Valks in my eyes, they get a lot more right.
>>
>>6482791
Yes, you r the only one that thinks HMR has sooooo much partforming. Have you seem real partforming toys . The mega house sdf-1 is partforming, you have to remove the arms and legs to transform. The only real part that you need to remove from the HMR to trans form to robot mode is the canopy. Thats it.
Wings optional, landing gears optional, missles options.
The only time you even use the landing gears is when you display it sitting or waiting to take off .
I think bandai made a good call to to not incorporate the head shield and landing gears .

Beside ,when the do release the dx chogokin vf-1 it will have everything.
>>
>>6482791
I'll be honest in saying it doesn't bother me. Not for something that size.
>>
File: 3834.jpg (447KB, 1248x2220px) Image search: [Google]
3834.jpg
447KB, 1248x2220px
I want to thank the nigga who recommended me the bootleg 7s.
Barring the loose left gn binder this thing is great and i can barely differentiate the quality from my amatsu.
>>
>>6482791
I'm not even going to bother writing about how fucking stupid your comparison between Transformers and the VF-1 Hi-Metal is

Fucking crybaby.
>>
File: RD.ZakuCannon.jpg (208KB, 1042x1042px) Image search: [Google]
RD.ZakuCannon.jpg
208KB, 1042x1042px
Got my Zaku Cannon today!

Glad to have this little team together. I will say, the Zaku Cannon has some limited knee and ankle articulation compared to other A.N.I.M.E. releases. It's a bit restricted, but a small blemish on an otherwise great figure with standard A.N.I.M.E. articulation everywhere else. The shield can also get in the way now and then due to its size. The only disappointment I have is that the missile launcher's holes are a bit too shallow for the standard missiles from the Zaku II. They'll sit in there, but lean downward from lack of support, and fall out easily. They still look alright being displayed though.

Overall, another great MSV RD added to the collection!
>>
So did they never open that black box at the Tamashii showroom?
>>
File: DHUePh5VYAEXgtP.jpg large.jpg (90KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
DHUePh5VYAEXgtP.jpg large.jpg
90KB, 1200x901px
This is so goddamn retro.
>>
>>6483636
Envy. Is there anywhere you can find the Zaku cannon still? I couldn't even find it on ebay for insane scalper prices.
>>
>>6483907
Nevermind, a whole bunch of listings just popped up.
>>
>>6483523
this and the moshow stuff are all good.
>>
>>6483877
Do the arm rails actually work? I could've sworn I saw them listed as a feature for the Government from some Xabungle factoid list or so but it was literally never used in-show or elsewhere.
>>
>>6483931
It kind of does it in SRW Z, but it's a bit hard to tell since it's SD. It's been a while since I saw the show so no idea if it ever did that in it.
>>
>>6483931
>>6483960

I've seen the show but don't remember the arms doing anything special. What are they supposed to do?
>>
File: 36436465272_d8550cb34c_h.jpg (470KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
36436465272_d8550cb34c_h.jpg
470KB, 1067x1600px
http://toho.seesaa.net/archives/20170816-1.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFCVO3oAN4
>>
File: 36436465602_5b702cfcfb_h.jpg (408KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
36436465602_5b702cfcfb_h.jpg
408KB, 1067x1600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG3MlUrHNE4

http://toho.seesaa.net/archives/20170813-1.html
>>
>>6484306
>>6484308
What A.N.I.M.E zaku is this?
>>
>>6484329

Zaku Roundfacer from MSV. It's really just a variant of the Zaku Real Type, with some loadout changes.
>>
File: 1502897025468.jpg (162KB, 652x800px) Image search: [Google]
1502897025468.jpg
162KB, 652x800px
>>6482193

Daicon Starship Trooper Tomahawk is best Tomahawk.
>>
File: ed7.jpg (45KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
45KB, 596x628px
>>6484373
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFCVO3oAN4
>>
If anyone sees any of those A.N.I.M.E Stage act stages anywhere for sale (where its possible to ship to us without a proxy) please let me know.

Signed, that one anon who's always telling you about shit thats on Mandarake.
>>
>>6484283
They never actually move is the thing.
I don't actually remember where I saw it, but basically IIRC the arms are supposed to be able to move along the rails on the flanks of the Government. However, again it's never actually used.

>>6484306
>>6484308
I'd love a Hi-Metal Blockhead.
>>
>>6484560
>I'd love a Hi-Metal Blockhead.

If Bandai follows tradition, it'll be the next one in the line. Which is cool, but I'm more interested in the Ironfoot.
>>
ANIME Gouf and Zaku II have all pretty much sold out on mandy. Is there a reason for this or are they becoming a rarity at the moment?
>>
>>6484897
Actually going though my bookmarks a lot of mandy Gundam RDs are thinned.
>>
File: yHgXMqQ.gif (340KB, 718x405px) Image search: [Google]
yHgXMqQ.gif
340KB, 718x405px
>>6483523
So i just notice theres a crack in the peg that holds the gundam and the stand together.Its probably due to the way the gundam's weight is distributed against the stand.
Is there a way for me to buy a replacement peg or am i fucked?
>>
>>6485160
Not sure if you can buy a act5 tamashii stand and use the peg off that, itll be clear. Someone else will confirm.
>>
Is it worth buying RDs from Jap sites with reward points or should stick to Amazon and ebay?
>>
Does the Full Armor Gundam rocket blast effect fit any other weapon in the line?
>>
File: m_S0001.jpg (31KB, 998x75px) Image search: [Google]
m_S0001.jpg
31KB, 998x75px
So I just received a survey invitation from Bandai's "American" Tamashii Nations Premium Webshop.

What was really interesting to me was that the main focus of the survey was on shipping charges. Perhaps they're becoming aware that their shipping costs are super expensive for single-item orders and not at all competitive?
>>
>>6485948
Ah, I checked my e-mail after seeing this and had the survey too.

I'm glad to see they asked about shipping costs. I'm fine supporting the endeavor in order to have an official source for exclusives, but that shipping price is ridiculous.

Hopefully it comes down at least a little bit in the future.
>>
>>6485948

I got this as well, and added they need to produce a tequila gundam in the comments section.
>>
>>6486008
Agreed. Logistically I don't know if it's possible, but it would just be so much better if stuff was shipping from Japan instead of Hong Kong. Shipping from Hong Kong is crazy expensive compared to Japan shipping.
>>
If anyone can get me one or both of the ANIME stage act stands I will pay you $30 over cost and shipping for going through the trouble. I had an order deadline on amiami and I accidentally paid for a figuarts spiderman that I had more time on thinking it was the gogg. The gogg was cancelled and it's sold out so I can't get one of the stages from there. I also have some things to trade like a HG Kshatriya, a RD GM Sniper 2 NIB, or a movie poster color ANIME Gundam. I also have an extra ANIME Real Type Zaku but I would need more than just the stands for that.

Ooh I also have a Figuarts Mace Windu in box available for trade, and a Jango fett.
>>
File: IMG_20170817_153354742.jpg (259KB, 1069x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_153354742.jpg
259KB, 1069x802px
Picked up a wild Sirbine at a local hobby shop that barely carries any Japanese toys in the first place. What are some of your rare findings, /toy/?
>>
>>6485354
Thanks what i actually meant was the peg that connects the 00 to the stand.
Its like a rectangular head on one end and the usual connect peg into this hole on the other.
Ill get a pic tomorrow or something due to my poor wording
>>
Holy shit why the hell is P Bandai's shipping so fucking expensive?
>>
>>6487161
It's not? It's like 5 bucks within Japan.

If you mean international then that's just how international shipping is. And I'm pretty sure they use the equivalent of airmail or EMS, which is naturally expensive.
>>
>>6485948
Got that email too and filled it out, told them $33 shipping was absurd
>>
>>6486583
Solid price on it too, nice find
>>
>>6486339
Nevermind. The gogg is back in stock in amiami, with the bonus stand too.

However I would still be willing to trade for or buy whatever stand I don't get with the gogg, since its random.
>>
>>6487242
same here
>>
>>6486825
The good news is that what you are looking for exists. The bad news is that, like all Chinese things, it's very hard to find in west store because the importers or the Chinese themselves feel that no one care.

Pic related is what you have to find. Good luck anon.

https://world.taobao.com/item/542205859134.htm?spm=a1z3o.7695283.0.0.5e3b8166JPOcgH>>6486825
>>
Noob questions but I am looking at getting an Ingram purely because I like the design but I don't like the revolver he comes with. Can you get a weapon pack like the ones I see for the Leo but with either a Sci fi looking battle rifle or pistol? Are they going to be compatible with Ingram?
>>
>>6487280
I emailed HLJ to see if they were doing the campaign to and got this response which sheds a little light on how the campaign works:

>Hello,

>Thank you for writing.

>We have not started that Robot Damashii Stage campaign yet, but we are planning to do it soon. When our campaign has begun, please check the link of qualifying Robot Damashii items that will be provided on the HLJ campaign page for which items will receive a bonus Stage. Please note that the qualifying items may differ from those listed on other websites or stores.

>We will update our site with the campaign page and details as soon as we can.

>Thank you for your patience, and for shopping with us!

>Warm regards,

>Luke Wilson
>HobbyLink Japan
>>
>>6486339
>one or both
I thought there were three? Red, blue, and black?
>>
>>6487649
I thought black was coming with the Zaku minelayer and the only two available right now are blue and red, no?
>>
File: 4facf9ed.jpg (116KB, 1000x909px) Image search: [Google]
4facf9ed.jpg
116KB, 1000x909px
>>
File: e3560353.jpg (106KB, 1000x901px) Image search: [Google]
e3560353.jpg
106KB, 1000x901px
>>
>>6487668

T-that's a Zaku!
>>
File: P2370722-680x511.jpg (41KB, 680x511px) Image search: [Google]
P2370722-680x511.jpg
41KB, 680x511px
>>6487768

Yup. Best Zaku.
>>
>>6487509
Damn, thanks anon im surprised you found that.
>>
File: hSkn91jgDF-o5L0t.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hSkn91jgDF-o5L0t.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
First Touch 2500. Tamashi Nation exclusive.
>>
>>6489081
I don't see what's different about it.
>>
>>6489083
The price is only ¥2500. Maybe it's half-size or something?
>>
>>6489081
>>6489083
>>6489160

I guess it's been like a month since Bandai started a new sub-line so they were getting anxious.

Maybe it's an event thing for the first 2500 people or something?
>>
>>6489200
Probably a replica of the early prototype with minimal engineering and accessories.
>>
>>6489265
The only prototype they showed off was basically the end product, though.

Maybe it's JUST the RX-78-2 with a slightly new lick of paint and zero accessories?
>>
Come to think of it, the ANIME line is the first new line to tackle the full cast of First Gundam since MS in Action. HCM Pro failed to do it.

Once a line releases the aquatic mobile suits, it shows that they are going all the way with First Gundam.

MS in Action also extended to 08th MS Team, selected Stardust Memory, G Gundam and a full cast for CCA. They only did main characters for all other series. Then came the Seed Destiny and Zeta line in 2005 which covered grunt mobile suits too.

A full cast release including grunt MS has only happened for First Gundam and to a certain extent, MS in Action Seed Destiny.
>>
>>6489297

I really hope we get to 08th. I love 08th and MSIA is lovely but outdated.
>>
>>6489297
I want a Robot Damashii x Hi-Metal R perfect transformation Zeta. Please, Bandai.
>>
>>6489303
I am hoping for Ground Type Gundam in Okawara style, but we may not see Dom in Yamane and Zaku in 1995 Okawara style.

Otherwise, a full cast for War in the Pocket would be great, at least to complement the GM Sniper II.
>>
>>6489081
>>6489083

Looks like it has white joints to look more like the anime.
>>
File: z8nIi.gif (364KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
z8nIi.gif
364KB, 500x375px
I dreamed they made an ANIME Gelgoog. They didn't.
>>
>>6489491
ANIME Acguy or we riot.
>>
File: file.png (491KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
491KB, 600x574px
>>6489535
Anon...
>>
>>6489537
Well, riot cancelled. When is it set for release?
>>
>>6489549
October.
>>
>>6489550
Thanks. Might preorder multiples.
>>
>>6489081
>version extra anime

better come with an option part for a weirdly proportioned head
>>
>>6489790
For less than half the price of the original version I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>6489790
What are you talking about? It looks exactly like the regular version.

And I'm betting it's just the ANIME figure without any of the effects parts and maybe just the beam rifle and sabers
>>
>>6490095
>better come with an option part
He didn't say it DOES come with a part, lrn2read
>>
>>6490095

No. Look again.
>>
For various reasons I've missed the DX Chogokin VF-19 on both occasions it was available. Have Bandai made any overtures towards releasing a true Macross Plus YF version, or am I SOL?
>>
>>6490095
It has white joints. Look at the elbows and underneath the skirt.
>>
>>6490971
I think that's just the screen and angle of the photograph blowing out the highlights on those parts.
>>
>>6490399
I might be mistaken on this, but I think Bandai doesn't have the license to make toys of any Valkyries before Frontier in the 1/60 scale (DX Chogokin's scale). Hence why there are only Hi-Metal R figures of VF-1 and no DX Chogokin. The VF-19A is okay for DX Chogokin due to the loophole of it appearing in Frontier despite it looking virtually identical to the YF-19 bar a few markings.
>>
>>6491448

That correct. We can't 1/60 SDF Macross now, but soon will.
>>
>>6489083
I'm investigating now. It sure would help if I knew moonspeak thougj.

All I've really managed to find so far is the video the pic comes from, which doesnt really shed any light on what's different about that gundam:

https://youtu.be/KN3YN4tbpuQ
>>
>>6491646

This question has already been answered.
>>
File: 019 (6).jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
019 (6).jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
New thread!

>>6491894
>>
Why they stop Orphans series, Barbatos was good and I was expecting Lupus.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.