[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers 3rd Party General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 73

File: ShockwaveWhereDidIPutMyBlaster.jpg (568KB, 1816x1142px) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveWhereDidIPutMyBlaster.jpg
568KB, 1816x1142px
Time for a new one.

Old Thread: >>6459614
>>
File: Utopia Fuck Yeah.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Utopia Fuck Yeah.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a 3P figure, /tf3pg/?
>>
File: NoConfidence.jpg (218KB, 784x367px) Image search: [Google]
NoConfidence.jpg
218KB, 784x367px
>>6464835

I haven't ever gotten a deal. The only deals I ever see online are for trash figures that were garbage on release and no one wants.

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>6464835
I once got both FP's Car Crash and Tbone for 50 bucks total.
>>
File: IMG_20170804_215039.jpg (755KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170804_215039.jpg
755KB, 1200x1600px
>>6464829
Family gathering
>>
File: SuggestiveImagery.jpg (348KB, 1112x1064px) Image search: [Google]
SuggestiveImagery.jpg
348KB, 1112x1064px
>>6464853
>Son, meet your new dad
>>
>>6464835
Mech Ideas Twintwist and Topspin for 40 bucks.
>>
>>6464858
I'll tell you one thing -- Quakeblast never skipped leg day.
>>
>>6464868

Shockwave in general never skips anything. He is always one of the bulkiest motherfuckers in TF.
>>
File: ImmaBoutaSlapYouSillyThot.jpg (715KB, 1722x1294px) Image search: [Google]
ImmaBoutaSlapYouSillyThot.jpg
715KB, 1722x1294px
>>6464873
>>
Anybody pick up either of the MMC helicopter duo yet?
>>
>>6464881
>camera runs out of juice and you can't take the last shot

Fuck

>>6464883

I'd like to know if anyone got Whirl. I really like his colors.
>>
>>6464873
Blackblast does suffer from "skipped learning how to hose properly" day.
>>
File: HUEG.jpg (100KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
HUEG.jpg
100KB, 720x960px
>Waiting for terminus
>Waiting for FH PMOP
>Waiting for 3a murder prime
>Waiting in general
>>
File: He's a big fucker.jpg (386KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
He's a big fucker.jpg
386KB, 1024x1365px
>>
>>6464911
>Waiting on FH Flypro while everyone else has their review samples
>>
File: MakeToys_Sales.png (635KB, 941x472px) Image search: [Google]
MakeToys_Sales.png
635KB, 941x472px
MakeToys is having some delightful summersale right now, I grabbed Downbeat for 30 bucks less than what I almost paid two days ago on TFSource.
>>
File: One of these toys is well made.png (1003KB, 1021x839px) Image search: [Google]
One of these toys is well made.png
1003KB, 1021x839px
>>
>>6464858
Lewd.
>>
>>6464848
Not worth it.
>>
>>6464937
I just bought Rioter Despotron. Maketoys should probably start advertising these sales.
>>
>>6464937
Fuck! I have their Visualizers coming here tomorrow, and now I see I can get Quantron for $235 shipped. I wonder if that includes the replacement parts as well.
>>
>>6464937
>Pandinus for 319.99
>Devil Stinger for 359.99
Goddammit I have a con coming up next month
>>
So guys, I took my Rioter Despotron out of the cabinet today to mess with while my PC downloaded a game.

The silver plastic all over his torso felt...sticky? like stuff didn't stick to it really but it had kind of a weird tack to it, like my fingers could not slide on it at all. Idk maybe I am being over-anxious because I've been reading about plasticizer leaks and toys... b-b-but should I be worried? I've had this guy since release day and he's one of my favs.
>>
>>6464835
I got 2 of the TFC poseidon guys for $50 a pop.
>>
>>6464883
>>6464894
Apparently there was a mix up with the factory producing the Whirl one and his windshield is a sickly yellow color where it was supposed to be a more muted orange? Heads up on that for anyone thinking of buying him.
>>
>>6464937
>Bought contact shot and downbeat this past sunday
>Both are on sale now direct from maketoys.

Whelp fuck me right?
>>
>>6464995
Far be it for MMC to fix that, though.
>>
>>6464992
That's definitely what leaking plasticizer feels like.
This is a long shot but one way you can check is the toy will smell weird, somewhat like ammonia when it's "turned" and is leaking. Not ever single type of plastic does that but many do, so give a sniff and if it smells funny or has any strong odor at all then yeah, it's leaking.
>>
>>6465001
Fuck what do. Is rioter kill?
>>
>>6465000
The whole first run was produced before any of the higher ups noticed supposedly. No way they'd throw out all that product and I don't think they were gonna run the risk of pissing the factory off and telling them to make the entire batch again.
>>
>>6465001
just checked mine... I have bad news boys.
>>
>>6465003
Sure, but fuck the factory workers for fucking it up.
>>
>>6465002
I'm sorry dude but yeah, it will only get worse over time (but keep in mind ALL plastics are going to break down at some point, its just a matter of time).
You don't need to throw him out or anything, continue to enjoy him and play with him but keep him away from your other figures and any other plastics. One figure that's leaking plasticizer can damage others near it.
To take care of the stickiness temporarily, wash any parts that are sticky very carefully with a good soap like a dish washing soap (don't dunk him in the water, just sponge clean those areas) and then put him in the freezer for a day or two. The freezing slows the degrading and will help him to not get sticky again as fast. But yeah, he will get sticky again, sorry man.
>>
>>6465008
>Toy less than a year old
>Already has degrading plastic

Is this the start of something...?
>>
>>6465008
So since you seem to know a bit about this stuff, I have to ask (since I've seen this all mentioned before but I'm not really familiar with it): what exactly is plasticiser? I thought it was used on rubbery parts such as ROTF Bludgeon's tank treads. Is it used on solid plastic too? I don't have Rioter Despotron so I'm not sure what sort of materials he uses.

And I assume by all plastics breaking down, you mean over thousands of years, since a lot of plastics take a long time to decompose (unless you're not talking about decomposition).
>>
>>6465012
The end, maybe.
>>
>>6465012
It means the plastic mix was fucked, someone at the factory wasn't watching the ratios close enough or any number of other little things was off. Plastics do all degrade but within a year it can't be attributed to climate or how the toy was stored, it was definitely the batch of plastic.
>>
>>6465008
What exactly does leaking plasticiser mean? Is it Gold-Plastic Syndrome with another name? Is the plastic literally melting? I can't find anything about it other than "DONT LET THE BABIES EAT DEHC" or whatever it is. Every thing image wise looks like its a slime.
>>
>>6465016
Is this a issue that can be replaced by a retailer?
>>
>>6465018
Well, retailers don't typically mix plastics at the factory, so...

If you're asking whether or not you could get a refund or replacement, then maybe, but a replacement ultimately wouldn't fix the problem unless a later batch at the factory fixed the problem in production.
>>
>>6465013
It's an additive that makes plastic softer. It's usually used in PVC to make it rubbery, since PVC is naturally a very rigid plastic (like PVC pipes). I guess they're using it in other stuff now too.

>>6465017
It means the additive is leaking out. The additive separates from the plastic and migrates, usually out. It's not the plastic melting, thermoplastics only melt under heat (I guess dissolving in solvent also counts). Once it's gone the plastic will be more rigid like it naturally should be, so it actually should have the opposite effect of melting. And of course you have a layer of that stuff you need to wash off.
>>
>>6465026
>It's an additive that makes plastic softer.
Ah, right, so along the lines of what I thought.

Thanks very much anon.
>>
>>6465026
hmm okay. Guess it's fine then I suppose. I mean, none of his silver parts need to flex anyways.
>>
>>6464835
Yo how the fuck
>>
>>6465026
>Once it's gone the plastic will be more rigid like it naturally should be
So does that mean that it's not necessarily bad? That you just have to be more careful with it because soft, rubbery parts will be more rigid and possibly easier to break?
>>
>>6465013
>So since you seem to know a bit about this stuff
Sorry should have explained I work at an art gallery where my job is explaining to people who have just purchased items how to care for them in the long run.

>what exactly is plasticiser
You have it correct, plasticizer is the part that makes plastic more rubbery and flexible. All plastic has some plasticizer in it as a binder so pretty much all plastic can have this problem, but it really depends on the ratio how long it will last.

>And I assume by all plastics breaking down, you mean over thousands of years
Yeah all plastics will break down over time which may mean a very very long time but no, none of our toys are gonna last forever. Decomposition is slightly different but it doesn't really matter for our purposes here.

>>6465026
>Once it's gone the plastic will be more rigid like it naturally should be, so it actually should have the opposite effect of melting.
The problem is that with the pasticizer being the binder the plastic becomes very brittle and crumbly so it will fall apart slowly on it's own.

If any of you are bored, give this article a read, it's a great intro into leaking plasticizer and how difficult it is to preserve plastics: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/art/2009/07/does_plastic_art_last_forever.html
>>
>>6465036
>Sorry should have explained I work at an art gallery where my job is explaining to people who have just purchased items how to care for them in the long run.
Sounds tiring but I appreciate the expert knowledge there, anon. We need more people like you.
>>
>>6465036
I have a question, anon:
If it's so difficult to preserve plastics, what is the ideal replacement material that would be cheap and durable which we could use for things like toys? Or is plastic just the best we've got right now?
>>
>>6465037
>Sounds tiring
Nah it's fine, we don't get alot of resin or plastic art that I get to talk about so I feel like I have all of this information that basically goes to waste.

Most of the crap that gets sold is oil and acrylic paintings and some prints.
>>
>>6465036
>Billiard balls made of cellulose nitrate would occasionally explode on contact, and the plastic was responsible for the destruction of many early movie theaters

I need a 3rd party company to make plastic missles for their figures out of that stuff.
>>
>>6465038
The current problem is we're using synthetic resins as the base and then synthetic plasticizers to hold it together and it's not a very stable bond, good as our science is we're just not there yet.

Again here's another short article for those that are curious, it talks about how difficult it is getting plastics to hold up in bad environments, like outdoors or in bad climates: https://www.curbellplastics.com/Research-Solutions/Industry-Solutions/Challenging-Environments/Outdoor
>>
>>6465036
>The problem is that with the pasticizer being the binder the plastic becomes very brittle and crumbly so it will fall apart slowly on it's own.
Can't think of this ever happening to me, at least within the lifespan I've kept toys, like 8 years at the most usually. At least not crumbling away. Not even the first line of Revoltech Evas, which were known for leaking plasticizer. I still have 02 and 00 somewhere though I haven't checked them in a year or so.

>http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/art/2009/07/does_plastic_art_last_forever.html
I think preserving for art is a little different from keeping a toy, unless you're a very hardcore collector.
>>
>>6465045
Think the point of the article was more to give us a base line and understanding of what the issue here is. It's really too bad that Rioter is having these issues. I wonder if the silver shins on Downbeat will suffer the same fate.
>>
>>6465045
>Can't think of this ever happening to me, at least within the lifespan I've kept toys, like 8 years at the most usually.
Your indoor climate must be just right. That really factors big into whether or not something turns.

>I think preserving for art is a little different from keeping a toy, unless you're a very hardcore collector.
It is but it really explains the issues of keeping plastic from going bad and how it can be extremely difficult. The Smothsonian has one of the first toothbrushes ever made out of plastic and its actually rotting away in the case while on display. Not even the Smithsonian can preserve it forever.
>>
>>6465036
Good article, thanks anon. I learnt some stuff.

>>6465042
But then they might explode in your hands, anon.

>>6465044
Hmm, I see. So I guess it's just a matter of science improving, more than anything else.
>>
>>6465055
>But then they might explode in your hands, anon.

I WANT REALISM IN MY TOYS DAMN IT
>>
>>6465056

Then buy a bunch of BW Randy's and let their spring loaded gimmick turn them into plastic shrapnel.
>>
>>6465056
Buy Black Zarak then.
>>
>>6465056
>this is what happens when Vangelus browses /toy/
>>
>>6465045
>at least within the lifespan I've kept toys, like 8 years
It's pretty simple really and people with figma and Nendoroids know all about this
Unless you are completely retarded and leave your house cooking without A/C during heat waves you will pretty much never see it leak for like a decade
Keeping your shit boxed up in another cardboard box in a closet or attic while it's fucking hot is like a deathwish for your toys
>>
Any thoughts on Toyworld's Spaceracer, particularly in regards to QC?

I was going to buy one for a friend tomorrow and drop-ship it to him. I don't want him to have to deal with any major problems though, since he doesn't live close to me and such.

Personally, I hate the guns and I wish he was shorter in alt mode, but otherwise, I really like how he looks. The X-Transbots one does the alt mode proportions and the guns better but I don't like it quite as much overall.
>>
>>6464835

HOW
>>
>>6465197
KO.
>>
>>6464835
A complete Green Giant for 150$
Guy even hand delivered it to me. I feel bad for not tipping him.
>>
>>6465222
Did you at least tip him your fedora?
>>
>>6464829
what not shockwave is this?
>>
>>6465066
>bitch wheres my energon
>>
>>6465200
It's not a KO. Just previously owned, traded in to a local shop
>>
>>6464998
Shit, Sorry for you anon.
>>
>>6465236
Iron Factory's Bridge Watcher
>>
>>6464950
Considering for how much the team still goes for, yeah, worth it.
>>
>>6465268
Considering I had them and they were pretty average, no, not worth it.

FP's Motormaster is a fucking (overpriced) disaster, Dragstrip has terrible engineering that means the windshield is guaranteed to crack over time, Dead End just isn't that great, and both Breakdown and Wildrider have tolerances that are too tight and clearance issues for transformation.

And then the combined mode is just a coke with the way everything just sort of attaches to Motormaster's bits that are hanging off of him already when you put him in torso mode.

TL;DR FansProject's Intimidator sucks; any price is too much for it.
>>
File: 83433.jpg (6KB, 215x192px) Image search: [Google]
83433.jpg
6KB, 215x192px
Does someone here have one of the KBB OS KO stinger/bumblebee figures? Voyager/old deluxe size? I was going to turn one into a "de primed" optimus, but wanted to know of the size of head to use, and what size of joint the neck has, (ball joint maybe? Or if it is still a swivel, how tough is it to take that system out/head off and slap a new gunpla joint in place via epoxy putty/superglue.

Pic, for ease of finding post later, and I already asked the TFG on hopes of them being helpful.
>>
>>6465358
>/tfg/
>helpful
kek.
>>
>>6465288
I never owned Motormaster but I did own the 4 cars in the past and they were great, fun and solid little guys nothing like what you're describing.
>>
File: Scorponok.jpg (826KB, 1768x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Scorponok.jpg
826KB, 1768x1414px
Hooray, the correct figure came in today! I shipped the old one out. Now this is the size I wish Iron Factory figures mostly came in. This fucker is gorgeous. Haven't transformed him yet, only just got him out of the pack and did my initial check to see if anything was wrong. Joints have the usual IF tightness to them.

I owned the original Scorponok as a kid, and loved that big fucker, so this is a nice replacement for that, all things considered. Only downside so far is I wish his orange bits were separate moveable plastic pieces, rather than static painted bits.
>>
>>6464937
Thanks for reminding me. Just bought Contactshot.
>>
>>6465474
I really hope TCP gets Black Zarak in stock sooner or later, I want an IF mold in those colors while Pandinus eats up all my desk space. Kinda want City Commander too, but it looks like Thunder Erebus is gonna take that power-armor slot.
>>
File: Scorponok2.jpg (888KB, 2018x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Scorponok2.jpg
888KB, 2018x1196px
>>6465515

Well, toydojo has Black Zarak, I know that much, given they sent me one by accident and I had to return it. He does look pretty cool too, I have to admit. At least, what I could tell from the box window anyway. I might actually get him at some point in the future.
>>
>>6465470
To be fair, I never owned Motormaster either but I owned all four cars and they were a pain in the ass.

Maybe you got lucky before you sold them, but Dragstrip is notorious for the windshield cracking because there isn't enough clearance for his feet, so after enough transformations (and not even that many), it WILL crack.
>>
Nice direct comparison with Classics OP
>>
>>6464835

Nnnnice. WATCH his leg panels, those hinges can break.
>>
>>6464938

...Reckon they'll make a Black Shadow, too?
>>
>>6465596
Despite some obvious visual discrepancies, I'm tempted to use this as the pre-"Striker" Manus from Maketoys Cross Dimension series.
>>
Any weigh ins on Maketoys Quantron for $235 shipped? It's something I've had my eyes on, but I am aware there are certain replacement parts that are needed, but MT's website doesn't make mention of them as part of the package.
>>
File: bombertron.jpg (274KB, 2000x1379px) Image search: [Google]
bombertron.jpg
274KB, 2000x1379px
GT BTFO.

>>6465819

Any new Quantrons should have the replacement parts either applied in or the box. They sent them out to everyone so I can't imagine them not having them as part of their online store.

That said I think $200 is fair for Quantron. He holds up well. The team is strongest in their awesome vehicle modes. The combined mode is hampered by the way the backpack hangs off the back. If you swivel the waist at all it looks a bit unsightly not rotating with the torso. When he has his BFB out the combiner is dreadfully thin from the side. The knees don't have a lot of range either, but you get enough for most combiner things as the arm/shoulder range is fantastic. There are 2 weak robot modes imo, but the other three are fairly strong.

Find the Shadowfisher upgrade parts to attach the backpack properly to Metal Storm's back and fold up the cannon slot piece. It allows the cannon to clip higher and properly to Metal Storm's back so the bow rotates with the torso while securing the unused cannon part to fill in the torso to keep it from looking thin. the bottom of the cannon part to clip higher and fill out the thin back. It's still instock on Action Robo and it is so worth the $10.
>>
>>6465846
>BTFO

Oh yeah. GC's 10% better looking toy that falls apart in your hands and takes a team of engineer majors a week to transform is going to cripple the sales of the fun toy on the left.
>>
>>6465665
I'd love Pre striker Manus and the other bots, I really dig their design.
>>
>>6465846
>left
>probably a solid figure you can have fun with
>right
>probably a statue because it's going to be little more than a shell on a thin plastic rail system that will snap in half if a fly farts two rooms away from it
>>
>>6465846
>Typotron
I wonder if there's an inside joke behind this.
>>
File: ScorponokSize.jpg (766KB, 1770x1112px) Image search: [Google]
ScorponokSize.jpg
766KB, 1770x1112px
I wonder if IF will ever do another Overlord. Not that there is anything wrong with Overlord, he's a good figure. Thanks to Scorponok and Prime here, he's really looking to be quite the manlet though. Even unarmored, Prime's way bigger than he should be compared to Overlord, I think? Armored up he'll surely tower over him in bulk and height.
>>
>>6465846
>BTFO of a cg render

wat
>>
File: zeta bruticus.jpg (60KB, 790x800px) Image search: [Google]
zeta bruticus.jpg
60KB, 790x800px
>>
File: back.jpg (197KB, 1974x1317px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
197KB, 1974x1317px
>>6465967
>>6465889
>>6465850

I remains to be seen if its a complicated disaster like Ultra Maximus but it does nail the art.
>>
>>
>>6465999

Vortex looks like a fucking mess
>>
File: cover.jpg (39KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
39KB, 768x960px
Fanshobby fixed the feet just jutting out of the back end of the trailer for their powermaster prime.

>>6465999
>>6466000
Check'd.
>>
>>6465987
>>6465999
>Fat kibbly robots
>Fat kibbly arms
>Clean vehicle modes

This is the worst approach. I get the 'fuck everything else combiner first' method of combiner teams but holy mother of why those arms look like shit.
>>
>>6465602
That pic is from like February.

But thanks
>>
>>
File: chop_shop_1231196100.jpg (170KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
chop_shop_1231196100.jpg
170KB, 640x640px
Are there any good 3P figures for Chop Shop?
>>
File: itemimage_imgsrc.jpg (3MB, 4009x2975px) Image search: [Google]
itemimage_imgsrc.jpg
3MB, 4009x2975px
>>6466384
Just one, this set by Fansproject. It's pretty good, I have the set and really like them. I think the molds fit the g2 insecticons better than the g1s.
>>
>>6466389
Oh those look cool. Shame they still use the same pincers for Chop Shop as they to Shrapnel. That's really my big peeve with the official Hasbro Chop Shop. It would have been so easy to just mold some new pincers, since they don't affect the transformation at all, and the pincers are one of my favorite things about CHop Shop.
>>
>>6466363
>KFC

Headsculpt changes aren't gonna fix the fact they're KFC figures, sadly.
>>
File: 2mo2ddw.jpg (198KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2mo2ddw.jpg
198KB, 1200x1600px
Broke down and ordered one from TCP after hearing the good reports he's been getting so far. Will post my own thoughts when I get mine in hand.
>>
File: Scorponok3.jpg (748KB, 1578x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Scorponok3.jpg
748KB, 1578x1382px
>>6466466

Which company is this? So many Bruticuses (Brutici?) running around these days I can't tell whose is whose anymore.
>>
File: ut-metroplex.jpg (264KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
ut-metroplex.jpg
264KB, 700x544px
So now that I actually want it, I can't find that Unique Toys Metroplex head upgrade anywhere. Anyone got ideas on other places to look online?

>mfw
>>
>>6465596
What version of Optimus is that on the right?
>>
>>6466553

It's the new Perfect Effect addon kit for PMP.
>>
>>6465358
Anyone?
>>
File: Zeta bruticus.jpg (59KB, 907x960px) Image search: [Google]
Zeta bruticus.jpg
59KB, 907x960px
>>6466506
Zeta Toys (toyworld designers) and Unique toys are the only ones doing MP ones. Zeta being fuckhuge at 22" and Unique Toys being more chugsterpiece at 18".

That fatty and pic related is zeta.
>>
>>6466466
Did you people learn nothing from Constructor?
>>
>>6466658
Considering these are stolen* designs being sold under a new company I have no clue if these people are in a position to sell V.2 box sets. But you are correct, wait for the fixes reduced price, gewun parts where applicable.

*Some say they were stolen, some say they weren't paid for the designs, yada yada I don't care.
>>
>>6466664

I feel like pointing out even though I'm not positive you were actually implying it, that that's not actually the regular v2 Constructor, that's someone's custom with a different head and a different paintjob on the legs
>>
Zeta needs to show their Silverbolt and Superion combined mode already.
>>
>>6465950
I'd like them to. I don't like the copious amounts of parts-forming.
>>
>>6466686
I wasn't. It's just bait for the UW devastator shill who types books about it when triggered.
>>
>>6466873
>I don't like the copious amounts of parts-forming

Overlord is nothing but partsforming though. Thats how he transforms. You literally have to tear him in half and use his guns and whatever. Like, I'm honestly not sure what you're looking for if you want an Overlord that doesn't partform in some manner.
>>
>>6466873
>I don't like the copious amounts of parts-forming.
Anon Overlord is by definition a partsformer. Are you wanting a triple-changer Overlord or something? Cause that's not what he is.
>>
>>6466022
Hmm, that's really nice, but did they fix the feet sticking up in combined robot mode and the awful vehicle/trailer proportions? Because those are more important than the visible feet on the back like every other PMOP/God Ginrai toy has anyway.
>>
>>6465999
I can never remember which is Zeta and which is UT. I think this one is the Zeta Toys one, right...?

Well, either way, I have to say that I like neither. I think there are good things in both but neither quite do it right.

I wish TakaraTomy would stop letting newbie shit-tier designers make MPs and just let Shogo Hasui make the MP Bruticus he wanted to make already.
>>
>>6466389
Eh, I had this set for a while but they were kinda average. DECENT but not amazing.
Plus one of the ankles on my Plunder snapped just transforming it carefully. I superglued it back on and it was the sturdiest thing I've ever glued back together after that, but still.
>>6466390
The pincers are different though. FP's Shrapnel has claws instead.
>>
>>6466363
Apeface still looks the worst out of the two. Snapdragon looks okay, but Apeface... He has a fat head and horrible proportions in general.
>>
>>6466878
>>6466879
But he's two vehicles that combine into one robot. IF's one has a lot more parts-forming than that, is my point. I don't mind him splitting into two vehicles, but everything splitting apart and reforming just sucks.

I'm not the only one to level this complaint at the IF one, either.
>>
>>6466466
Have fun...? He looks messy. Kibble everywhere in all modes, for instance.
>>
>>6466213

No leg panel issues?

I hope they offer a new back piece for him some day. I enjoyed his original asymmetry.
>>
How many versions of Ocular Max Sphinx are there? I wanted a Crasher version but it doesn't seem they've made one yet. I'm waiting for an official Mirage but still really want that mould, so Crasher is the perfect excuse for me to buy it.
>>
>>6466896
I understand your complaint better now at least, thank you for clarifying.
>I'm not the only one to level this complaint at the IF one, either.
Be careful with that, we had a super autist in here a while back that sperged non-stop about Overlord having to become two different vehicles separately; that's why I was asking if you wanted an Overlord triple changer. Man that guy was nuts.
>>
>>6466917
Fair enough. Yeah, I don't like him having one alt mode or the other which is why I didn't like a lot of the retools we've had until Titans Return gave us a proper one (that and MMC).

I just remember seeing other people saying they didn't like how the Iron Factory Overlord split into so many components to transform.
>>
>>6466883
Yes Hasui's holistic design philosophy and perfectionism is missed but I don't think his ideas are what Takara is aiming for in the MP line anymore.
>>
>>6466948
>but I don't think his ideas are what Takara is aiming for in the MP line anymore.
And I think that's why they put him back on mainline stuff.
>>
>>6466962
>They put Hasui working on mainline stuff

Accuracyfags have to ruin everything don't they
>>
>>6466967
Don't get me wrong, I think the newer MPs are great (QC aside), but as long as they look like the characters and look damn good, I don't get the need for hyper-cartoon-accuracy.

And don't even get me started on the FansToys thing. "We want them to be completely cartoon-accurate" and so TakaraTomy does that "but there's not enough detail! FansToys got it right!" but FansToys added detail that wasn't in the cartoon. So hypocritical, I swear.
>>
>>6465577
>I can't transform my figure right so nobody else can
You people crack me up.
>>
>>6467001
Except that it's a common problem where the windshield breaks because there's not enough clearance for the feet because it's a shitty design, you fucking retard.

Do some research before you try to insult people.
>>
What are the best third-party MP hands, especially for MP-10?

I think the KFC ones look better but the Eness ones are better colour-matched, and I have no idea about the other MPs, since it seems it's mainly just KFC that is available.
>>
>>6466899
Only in bot mode. Shuttle and arm mode are pretty clean.
>>
>>6467080
Too bad the same can't be said for Vortex.
>>
>>6467078
What makes the KFC hands worth it is the bigger gun. Looks much better than the pea shooter he comes with.
>>
>>6467089
Anything else that can match colour-wise? I don't mind the gun he comes with but I also don't mind buying the KFC hands just for the gun AND buying more accurate hands.

I really don't like the visible screws on the Eness hands though, and if I remember correctly, they don't have slots to tab weapons into which sucks.
>>
>>6467098
They do have slots to hold the guns.
>>
>>6467104
Do they? I could have sworn they didn't when I watched Vangelus' video. Maybe it was the KFC ones which don't? I still hate those very visible silver screws though...
>>
>>6465850
If you look at the Prime one, his complication is naturally more complicated. This one looks pretty easy just from the CG model. You'd have to be retarded to look at that CG model and thing it's even half as complicated as their Prime.

GT, while looks good, has a little tiny bitchass cannon and looks worse in comparison. Though, their Prime did surprise me.
>>
>>6467162
>complication
Fuck I meant Transformation.
>>
>>6467166
kek, nice one anon
>>
Best use of $65 on third-party toys. Go.

(Yes I need help).
>>
>>6467182
That's a hard one. What are some of your interests? Legends? Headmasters? MP scale?
>>
File: DSCN0866.jpg (547KB, 887x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0866.jpg
547KB, 887x1199px
>>6467182
choo choo!
>>
File: Astrotrain Orbits.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Astrotrain Orbits.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>6467210
>>
File: DSCN0869.jpg (934KB, 1598x1044px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0869.jpg
934KB, 1598x1044px
>>6467214
>>6467210
>>
>>6467203
MP Scale and Headmasters and such. Fun toys but I don't want to buy MP-style figures that will likely get official figures soon (such as Sphinx or Sovereign or Downbeat).

Bah, I'm wishing I had more money. Or just got paid more. I'm terrible with money and buying things. I just bought MP-10 (yeah, I still don't have one) and Big Spring (I'm expecting an official Springer in a few years tops but Big Spring just looks fun to me).

Oh, and that $65 has to include shipping, so I'm looking at eBay because of free shipping and stuff.

I'm trying to get more third-party stuff. I like official stuff too but I'm waiting on the new Legends toys so there are no official things I need now (except MPs that are more expensive than the $65 I have left for now).
>>
>>6467237
I should add that I think I have a serious plastic crack addiction (it's easier when you're COMPLETELY broke, I swear) but I need to go to bed soon and this is going to eat at me all day and night until I spend it.

Enable meeeeeeeeeeeee. Please.

>>6467210
Which Astrotrain is that? I can never remember which is which. That looks a lot nicer than I remember seeing. I'm pretty sure it's not that cheap though, is it...?
>>
>>6467243
And also I bought Phoenix but ShowZ said they're out of stock until the beginning of September because of Terminus Giganticus production.

I could get that refunded and buy something else (GigaPower Slag, probably) but I want Skyfire more than most everything else (but the GigaPower Dinobots are second, but I obviously can't afford them right now).
>>
>>6466973
What I like about Fanstoys is they look like what I would imagine of the cartoon characters stepping out of the screen. Accurate to the basic shapes, proportions, and colors of the characters but with enough extra tech detailing to break up the large blocks of colors and make them more "realistic" but not so much that it becomes a greebly mess. It's the small things like a few sculpted panel lines, grates, exposed pistons, etc that really make the figures come to life. When I, and likely many others, bring up "cartoon accuracy", I'm only ever really talking about those basic elements that make up the character and to that effect, I do want that in my MP figures. I just also want to have those extra little details to break up sculpt.

It's kind of hard to describe what I mean here but to me, that's what an MP style figure should be. Something that is accurate to the source material it's pulling from but in such a way as to represent what that design would more realistically look like in physical form and that's what I think Fanstoys and many of the older Hasui MPs do. Not to say this only applies to G1 either. Take GCreation and their IDW Prime. It absolutely nails the most important elements of the design it's pulling from. It kinda results in a messy and fiddly transformation but aesthetically, it's pretty perfect. Not to say GT's take is bad but with the liberties taken to proportions that help make it a much better TOY, I'd have rather have GC's rendition for my MP shelf and GT's would have been better suited for something like CHUG scale.

inb4 some sort of autism remark
>>
>>6467237
>>6467243
>>6467246
...I need a breather, and then I might just buy some Iron Factory stuff and call it a night.

Still interested in hearing more about that Astrotrain though (and any other suggestions for the future). Thanks anons. Sorry for the sperg-out.
>>
>>6467258
I just find most FansToys products to be unimaginative and kinda boring. I prefer Shogo Hasui's design philosophy, which I feel something like the Gigapower dinos get closer to than FansToys' dinos, for example. I just don't really feel like Hasui's designs and FansToys' designs have the same sort of goals.
>>
>>6467262
I should clarify that I don't think FansToys makes bad things. Just not very creative things.
>>
>>6464829
Before I opened the thumbnail I thought this was Shockwave setting up for a game of beer pong.
>>
>>6467273
>implying he isn't
>>
File: ShockwaveDance.jpg (704KB, 1410x1502px) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveDance.jpg
704KB, 1410x1502px
>>6467237
>>6467182

IF Shockwave+saving the rest of the money for another day.
>>
>>6467284
Too late, I got IF Windblade off of a kind TFW member, but you're right that I need to get Shockwave soon.

My shortlist is the Manga Mech Series set from Maketoys, the chrome GigaPower dinobots (Snarl and Slag so far), IF Bridge Watcher, Alpha Pack and TW's Cosmos (I want to get two - one for myself and one for a friend).

And then as many Arcees as I can get (I just bought the DX9 Arcee and Kup set too).

I have issues.

Thanks though anon. I think I should go to bed now. I've worn myself out mentally.
>>
>>6467210
>>6467214
>>6467217
Oh, found it. Toyworld's Evila Star. But the purple version is an exclusive? Ugh. It looks so damn nice though. I love trains and I love purple Astrotrain...
>>
>>6467296
Oh, it's not that expensive. It seems kinda over-complicated and fiddly though... Well, I'm gonna head off to bed. If anyone wants to convince me I need (purple) Evila Star while I'm asleep, I'll be back when I get up.
>>
How do the Iron Factory and War in the Pocket figures look next to each other?
>>
>>6467322

Good question. Been kind of interested in the DX9 WiP Dinobots myself, how are they?
>>
Quick question for anyone: Which reprolabels fit most 3P stuff the best? Do the standard "Symbols for Autobots/Decepticons" work with most 3P figures? Legends class stuff, MP class stuff, Voyager class stuff?
>>
>>6463796
>>6463813
What is PSX
>>
>>6467466
I think in context is Planet Steel Express.
>>
>>6467322

Mostly fine. Sculpting style is a little different and there are like some size/scale instances here and there that maybe don't line up perfectly but my Legends shelf is a combination of the two and they look good together
>>
>>6467436
Yes
>>
File: preim.jpg (70KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
preim.jpg
70KB, 528x960px
>>6467182

This, wait for Ebay flash sale and pick up a combiner limb for $60 shipped, or some $20 legends like IF Shockwave.
>>
>>6467608
Which prime is this?
>>
File: DSC03859.jpg (200KB, 907x936px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03859.jpg
200KB, 907x936px
This guy is fun as shit. The legends one that came out a couple years ago was nearly my toy of the year, but this one blows it out of the water.
>>
File: DSC03890.jpg (269KB, 740x1164px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03890.jpg
269KB, 740x1164px
>>6467761
Noir is still amazing btw.
>>
File: TOOEXPENSIVE.jpg (295KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
TOOEXPENSIVE.jpg
295KB, 2048x1365px
Are any of you picking up the Flame Toys Drift? I like the character choices they've made so far but that price on Drift is absurd.
>>
>>6467679
Perfect Effect PC-16 for Legends Ginrai.
>>
>>6467815
I'd really like to but yeah, that price is nuts. Also, I hate to have scale run my life, but I'm thinking 8 inches is way too tall for him to look right next to kultur/commotus/the generations tfs you'd probably think to put him with. Even with all that, I haven't ruled him out because that engineering looks so goddamned sexy.
>>
>>6467841
He's too big to scale and too expensive to justify on his own
>>
>>6467815
The price tag completely turned me off that figure, It's better to just leave the sideshow stuff to the money wasting professionals.
>>
File: ryuryuryu.jpg (73KB, 420x840px) Image search: [Google]
ryuryuryu.jpg
73KB, 420x840px
>>6467815

drift of wildfire?
>>
>>6467815
I like Sentinel's Iron Man stuff, but $300 is fucking crazy for a spiritual weeaboo robot
>>
>>6467815
I'm buying it. I pre-ordered at d4toys since that helmet in your pic is exclusive to them.
>>
>>6467761
My only complaint with him is the shoulder and head articulation. The head despite being on a balljoint can really only turn, it can barely look up an down, and he can't really stick his arms out to the side that well.
>>
File: IMG_6510.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6510.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Last thread I posted in >>6461083 about a Megatron bootformer I picked up on AliExpress cheap that turned out okay. Posting again on that subject because today, completely by accident, I discovered that the Megs figure was compatible with Titans Return weapon/head figures (which are on sale at Wegmans stores for about $3 apiece right now). The weapon handle fits perfectly into his hand, with no forcing and no looseness, just like if it was meant to fit there.

A bootformer wielding a realformer.
>>
File: IMG_6511.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6511.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>6467907
Side view for better angle of hand/weapon.
>>
>>6467815
I was considering getting him before I found out he was $300, but since he is I'm just holding out for their Tarn instead.
>>
>>6467907
>>6467911
Got the whole first set of these oversized legends. Megatron is definitely the best of bunch, but I like them all. He if he was just a tad smaller though, he'd fit in better.
>>
File: the boys 1.jpg (338KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
the boys 1.jpg
338KB, 2048x1536px
These guys make the perfect desk toys. Fun and easy to pose, simple transformations.
>>
File: the boys 2.jpg (346KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
the boys 2.jpg
346KB, 2048x1536px
>>6468659
And they look fantastic
>>
File: the boys 3.jpg (335KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
the boys 3.jpg
335KB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: not the boys.jpg (258KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
not the boys.jpg
258KB, 2048x1536px
And now I get to live with the fact that I used my own fucking stomach as a reflector board to bounce light.
>>
File: OptimusPrime5.jpg (576KB, 1316x1244px) Image search: [Google]
OptimusPrime5.jpg
576KB, 1316x1244px
>>6468659
>>6468660
>>6468661
>>6468662

Thats something about Legends-sized stuff I really enjoy. So much easier to mess with in general. Also I really wish I could still find Ultra Magnus. I never got him and he's one of the best one apparently.
>>
>>6468674
TFsource has him in stock.
>>
>>6468675
>TF Source

Don't a lot of people have problems with them?
>>
>>6468676
Only issue I've ever had is that pre-orders can take a couple days to ship once they are in stock.

With this big eight figure IF order it shipped same day and was at my house before the week was over.
>>
File: 1486963689328.jpg (64KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486963689328.jpg
64KB, 566x800px
>>6468659
>was planning on finally buying an MP lambo or getting the rest of the MP Datsuns I'm missing
>bought Bridge Watcher on impulse since it's cheap
>all I can think of buying now is more IF shit

I made a horrible mistake didn't I
>>
File: Shockwave1.jpg (705KB, 1488x1298px) Image search: [Google]
Shockwave1.jpg
705KB, 1488x1298px
>>6468678

Maybe I'll nab it when I can then, if it's still around. Broke off my ass right now, unfortunately. Being a poorfag sucks.

>>6468688

You made both a horrible mistake and yet a good choice.
>>
>>6467608
I really like it...But I also really don't, it's weird.
>>
>>6468711
He looks good, but also slightly off. He hits all the major notes for being an optimus, but the upper body is just slightly off, like the smokestacks on his chest and wheel shoulders.

That said, fucking hell when is A3AU gonna get him in
>>
>>6467608
What is he standing on?
>>
Is there a predaking that's about the size of Combiner Wars combiners?
>>
>>6468848
How's Maketoys Giant?
Does he still feels good?
>>
Anyone got a pic of Weijiang Hound next to MPM Bumblebee please?
>>
>>6468674
Also there's a shit load of them on ebay for cheap. Probably ko's and I don't know about the quality, but at like $15 it's probably worth the gamble.
>>
>>6468890

Doesn't really stack up next to newer combiners but I think it manages to feel at least less obviously dated than Hercules in some ways?

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it but even by current standards it's not necessarily ~bad~ either
>>
File: drift.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
drift.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
>>6467815
I'm one of the like two people who preordered him at tf-con so i got a slight discount.
>>
>>6468848

Feral Rex is the only good one and he's like 14 or so inches I think compared to CW's around 11-12, and he's also much wider/bulkier. Damn shame the official Predaking is probably gonna be CW Devy sized.
>>
>>6468890

Probably one of the most solid combiners to date still. You just have to put up with the tiny arms, the robot modes, and MT's fiddly nature. Overall in build he's much better than a lot of things that came after. If you like the look he's good. The extra head that's picture is god fucking awful though.Get the latest versions of the mold so Hook's crane can come off and the leg articulation of the combiner is increased.
>>
>>6468798
Pretty sure it's the base parts that came with Primorion
>>
File: 1498492497277.gif (246KB, 245x135px) Image search: [Google]
1498492497277.gif
246KB, 245x135px
Are there any good third party triple changers out there? I can't think of any.
>>
>>6469454
Depends on how you define tripple changers.

Maketoys City Bot line is generally well regarded.

You also have stuff like MMC Carnifex which technically has three modes (Bot, Tank with Plane, Tank Plane)

MMC Anarchus (Not-Kaon) has a scorpion mode

Then you have stuff with vehicle, robot and super robot modes like Maketoys Chaos Paladin and all the various Ginrai renditions coming up.

Hell even combiners could count as triple changers
>>
>>6469454
There's the number of incoming Springers to be seen, and as >>6469467 pointed out, combiners have multiple modes; especially noting Poseidon where you have the main body as robot, monster, torso, and the other 5 of the team doing robot, monster, arm, leg, weapon.
>>
>>6467815
They should make Windblade after Tarn and Star Saber.
>>
>>
Looking at this guy now, I don't actually hate it like I did initially, but it's still not what was wanted. I would pick it up if it was like $50. It has a lot more range and options than I was giving it credit for, like an ab crunch and the ability to keep the cockpit flipped out. Eh.
>>
>>
>>6470037
Right? He looks good, but in a completely "he'd be better if he weren't supposed to be this guy" kind of way. MMC really needs to learn how to make shoulders other than those though.
>>
>>6470044

What else has the shoulder design showed up on? The lockdown/cyclonus mold and the technically comic accurate shoulders of Turmoil? It does feel like squiggle line is like the new sark signature greeble.
>>
>>6470037
>>6470041

Love his colors though. Also whats inaccurate about this one? He has the chicken legs apparently, and isn't that mostly the defining feature of the guy beyond the Shockwave-style head and claw hands?
>>
>>6470071
I really don't like his hands. I wish he had the IDW pincers.
>>
TFS is having a sale.

Spoilers: Its shit. Though I find it amusing they still can't get rid of the FP deluxe insecticons at half off. I think they even went for $50 once. They're great little robots its a damn shame. I was considering army building them at one point.
>>
>>6470037
>>6470041
Nashty
>>
File: MegatronSmiles2.jpg (23KB, 232x202px) Image search: [Google]
MegatronSmiles2.jpg
23KB, 232x202px
>>6470084
>KFC shit for like $20

Still won't sell. Feels good man.
>>
>>6470075
He looks more based on his cop appearance, rather than his current look.
>>
Fuuuuuuuuck.

When is Thousand Kills coming out? I want to see the completed Poseidon.
>>
File: 210.png (340KB, 1300x843px) Image search: [Google]
210.png
340KB, 1300x843px
I need this but nobody has it available to take my money arrrghhhhhhh!
>>
>>6470124
I really want a 3p MP Scale windblade. Like REALLY bad. So bad.
>>
File: 1501357972254.png (452KB, 800x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1501357972254.png
452KB, 800x1038px
>>6470145
Really, if we could get 3p of Windblade, Nautica, and Chromia I'd be happy to get them.

Throw in a good RiD Strongarm.
>>
File: Untitled.png (162KB, 862x472px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
162KB, 862x472px
Convince me why this is a bad idea. Or a good idea. I want seeker babies.
>>
File: Windblade1.jpg (317KB, 894x998px) Image search: [Google]
Windblade1.jpg
317KB, 894x998px
>>6470124

She's a cutie, but don't go mad if you can't find her. Theres not much to her, she's really tiny. Definitely don't overpay for her. IF Shockwave is much bigger than her, uses much more plastic, and is about the same price.

>>6470155

It's not a bad idea, but do you like Seekers enough to own what is basically the exact same mold 3x over? Thats the usual problem with the Seekers. Companies honestly should at least give them different face sculpts or something.
>>
>>6470155
Do it, if I heard right the first versions of each come with parts to make Tyrant Ghost figure. The longer you wait, the less likely you'll get the bonus.
>>
>>6470037
>>6470041
I like G1 Whirl. I like Stormbringer and mtmte Whirl. This one looks like shit though. No offense to anyone who likes it but I just do not see who their target audience for this thing was.
>>
>>6470165
I'm pretty sure they all have it. Starscream's box was pretty huge just to accommodate it, I don't think they're gonna make different packaging for a version without it.
>>
>>6470168
Iron Factory is known to do First Release bonuses, their Ultimate Commander first release came with Alleria, both versions are released at the same price, but the one that comes with a bonus figure is clearly better.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (31KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
31KB, 375x500px
>>6470095
>feelsbadman
I bought fucking mugan scope for $100 way back in the day, but not just any mugan scope, no no. I got a limited edition one painted by fucking frenzy_rumble into more accurate colors. I know I'll never offload it so it sits in its box as a reminder of my shame.
>>
>>6470084
Eventually Seraphicus Prominon will go on sale for a reasonable price.

He should only be $120 tops
>>
>>6470176
Do they advertise them as a first release and a regular release or do they just sell them all the same?

Because everywhere I see their seekers they all say they include the bonus parts
>>
>>6470182

Not that Anon, but Ult. Commander did say he had the first release bonus, I don't think the Seekers did though.
>>
Is MT's Green / Yellow Giant too outdated to be given consideration for purchase? Either are going for ~$350 direct because of MT's sales, but I get the feeling that Generation Toy's version would be more recommended these days.
>>
>>6470332
MT Green Giant was the second 3p figure I ever bought, after MMC Knight Morpher Stormer.

At the time I loved the fuck out of him. He's one of those transformers that FEELS massive thanks to the design and appearance.

After I picked up Nero Rex I started to notice that my collection was beginning to outgrow Giant, with toys like MP Star Saber with KFC's Simba attached and MMC Carnifex towering over him. I ended up selling him to a local shop for store credit and went online to pick up Gravity Builder.

That being said I don't regret having owned him. He was a fantastic figure considering how early in the 3P game he released and he is certainly superior to his contemporaries. It offers a really clean design for the character and the transformations aren't needlessly complex on top of really nice G1-esque individual bots. I'd even say he has a few things over Generation Toy (more stable feet, less complicated combined head transformation, the chest plate stays pegged in)

While Gravity Builder certainly fits my collection a lot better in terms of scale than Giant did, I can still recommend Giant as a solid figure.
>>
>>6470332
There's always the KO of the Green Version
>>
>>6470347
>>6470332
Also I think what's important to consider is that Maketoys Giant alongside TFC Hercules were the FIRST when it came to 3p combiners.

For being pretty much untested waters I think both companies came out respectably well although Giant holds up better over time.

Green Giant > Yellow, by the way. Has an optional head you can use in place of the default and Hook's crane can be converted into a melee weapon.
>>
>>6469230
I guess I'll look out for a Feral Rex or wait and see how's the official version.
>>
I'm thinking of picking up just Flypro. I don't really care for their Repugnus and honestly TM Doublecross completely works for me while the Fans Hobby one just doesn't hit the mark as well. Flypro/Grotusque is very very tempting though. That hulking alt mode and beefy bot look great. Thoughts?
>>
>>6470356

I think most places still have the parts for him. He's been pretty popular, is still one of the best combiners, and all of the other Predaking's have been absolute trash to boot. I've had some problems with mine personally though with one figure (Bovis), but they don't seem to be problems I've heard anyone else complaining about, so I think it might be a case of maybe I got a slightly bum Bovis. Otherwise, he's been really solid. He's heavy as fuck though, so playing with it is kind of difficult, not gonna lie.

>>6470365

Don't own him yet, but I do have Repugnus (who is great), and have Doublecross on order. Reviews for him seem pretty good, but you'll probably be missing something getting just him, since he comes with a ton of extra parts for the other two-Flame effects, hands for Doublecross, and extra faces and chrome eyes for one of'em.
>>
>>6470349
Quite aware of that. I have NBK-01 from an eBay deal gone scam, and he's basically...fine. But the couple of reviews I've watched of the other limbs (Ben and one other), the arm bots seem like a gamble for stress breakage. For that reason I'm uncommitted for going in on the full set.

>>6470347
>>6470353
I don't have Rex (although I have a friend that has him + all the upgrade parts that probably would be willing to sell him if I made a serious offer), and currently the only combiner I have is the 5 bots of Poseidon (not including lovely Glacial Lord of course). MT's site also has the boxset DX version, which gives Yellow all the benefits of Green.

>>6470365
I'd say to get him. I have him on order with FH direct, and snagged Monstertooth and Feilong at the same time. They're both very well made figures, and no video I've watched on Flypro so far would make me think he'd be any different. If you get him alone though you'll have lots of extras that they're packing in for the other two (accessories and box art).
>>
God what a bad sale. 7% off on TFSource
https://tfsource.com/make-toys/contact-shot/

From Maketoys own sale
http://maketoys.jp/shop/products/contact-shot/
>>
>>6470387
TFSource's sales are always shit.
>>
>>6469567
Fuck no.
>>
>>6468848
Power of the Primes Predaking, coming to a store near you sometime in 2018.
>>
>>6469567
>>6470441
I bet she will be after them. Unless Hasbro has some new femmebot they're determined to shove down peoples throats by the time they get to a fourth figure.
>>
>>6470442

He's gonna be at least Devy sized supposedly, so he actually won't scale with shit, sadly.
>>
>>6470454
Predaking being huge isn't a big deal since he's usually portrayed as being massive.
>>
>>6470454
Depends. He's Titan Class but we don't know the exact size yet.
>>
>>6470450
Ugh, you're probably right, but I hope to hell not.

Windblade has just been forced into everything and there's literally nothing good about her.

They could have even written a good character but she's just... not good.
>>
>>6470124
I know that feeling, anon. It took me ages to get one. Ended up getting one from someone on TFW.
I suggest going to look there or on similar sites for a second-hand one. Seems to be the only way to get it now.

But after a while, I finally have one on the way, so I'm excited.
>>
>>6467608
I don't have God Ginrai and I don't like that PE's release has multiple sets to complete it.

Also, the smokestacks are on the front, so that bothers me.

But thanks for the recommendation anyway.

>>6467763
I've looked at Manus and Noir but I just can't get into them. What am I missing? Is it just a taste thing? Even a friend of mine suggested I get Manus (he doesn't have it but thinks it looks cool), but I just don't like it.

>>6469060
They'll be the Mech Fans Toys KOs (I think they're oversized, but I'm not sure).
>>
>>6470037
>>6470041
I'll probably buy this if it gets discounted.
>>
>>6470037
I actually quite like it even though it's not that accurate, but it seems more like an original take on Whirl with inspiration taken from IDW rather than a straight-up IDW Whirl.
>>
>peaugh reviews combined mode
>The wobble in the hips and ankles

Holy shit I know there are parts for the ankles but the hips looked like shit. Anyone have Power train to confirm.

At least Dead end looks neat aside from that fucking leg wobble.
>>
>>6470485
Peaugh was the one who defended FP's Intimidator like no other. I believe he had a vested interest in it too but whatever.

But the aside, it's a shame to hear about about TFM's Menasor. IDW Menasor isn't my thing but it looks cool nonetheless.
>>
>>6470485
For the combiner with arguably the slickest design, it sure seems hard for anyone to make a fucking decent toy for it
>>
>>6470485
UW and FP Menasor both look better than this.
>>
>>6470498

I think people try to overcomplicate it too much is the issue. Simpler is always better when it comes to combiners, because that means less to fuck up. Also some of the tabs on that one looked REALLY thing considering they're supposed to be supporting weight or the motion of those heavy ass arm ratchets.
>>
>>6470506
>UW
Please don't lie. UW Menasor doesn't look better than anything.
>>
>>6470511
It looks better than the Combiner Wars one.

Oh, and it looks better than you, anon.
>>
>>6470498
Yeah, people just can't figure it out.

And then you've got all these Menasors where they went for the cartoon design with grey blocks for legs and arms with the cars just sort of tacked on, as if THAT makes a better combiner.

Heh.

I hope DX9 don't fuck it up like everyone else has.
>>
Menasor sucks
>>
>>6470522
Like your opinion.

Windblade is way worse than Menasor will ever be.
>>
>>6470521
>it's near impossible for several companies to produce what is essentially a samurai with cars for arms and legs

Maybe we'll get lucky and Iron Factory will do it after they finish Bruticus.
>>
>>6470533
Yeah, hopefully.

I'm still holding out hope that DX9 manage to pull it off though. Hopefully we see more of it at TFNation this weekend.
>>
>>6470526
>Windblade is way worse than Menasor will ever be.
OK?
>>
If anyone cares, T-Beast 2 is on Sad Panda now. I know people have been wanting it.
>>
>>6470485
He just fucking sags down

Also it takes 27 minutes for the review to get to what its specifically reviewing. Combined mode, Fucking horrible
>>
>>6470661
>Fucking horrible
That sums up Peaugh in general, especially in recent years.

I might hate Bobby's nitpicking subjective fact bullshit and he might be completely autistic and his sketches might suck massive horse cock, but at least he actually bothers to criticise stuff.
>>
>>6470654
>T-Beast 2
Whats that?
>>
File: owlwave.png (2MB, 4456x3167px) Image search: [Google]
owlwave.png
2MB, 4456x3167px
>>6470682
The second Transformers doujin art book from Kuramochi Zukan.

You may me more familiar with the Generation Toys figures based on Primal, Sideswipe and Rodimus that were revealed at TFcon.
>>
>>6470670
>his sketches might suck
I like the guys reviews but holy shit his art is so bad. I can't believe he sells it or that people have actually bought it.
>>
>>6470697
I meant his skits. That sort of sketch.

To be fair, I haven't seen his art outside of the MAAS Toys boxes which looks fine, but I'm willing to believe his art is usually shit.

Speaking of things people actually bought:
>>6470177
kek, anon, you bought from that scammer fuck faggot frenzy_rumble who does hackjob customs like Jin. Good job.
>>
>>6469230
>Feral Rex is the only good one

>several members needed replacement parts on ALL copies
>some members are retool
>overal design is terrible and looks like zoids
>individual members are too elongated and feature lazy as fuck engineering with limbes hanging off everywhere
>combined mode looks like a fat baby
>can't pose combined mode in most poses because of the stupid sculpt

Yeah, no.

>>6468848
The good answer is no.
>>
>>6470822
Whilst I personally don't like Feral Rex very much after getting the whole thing and liking all the individual bots, over half of your critiques are highly subjective, so I really don't think you're worth taking at your word.
>>
>>6470376
>>6470375
Well I'm fully open to be wowed by him and convinced to get the other two but based on several video reviews of them, they just don't do for me atm. Who knows.
>>
>>6470874
Just my two cents but I'm not really into any of the three, though I feel that if you like one, you'll like them all. Not that I own them or anything, but yeah.
>>
>>6470880
For me it's different issues with the other two. Repugnus' transformation is just way too simple and boring for what I'd be paying and I don't care for Doublecross' dragon proportions, like he just look squat and silly, but not in a strong way. Grotusque has neither of those issues for me. I don't know, I'll probably hold off. Even his weird gargoyle mode looks successful, although I think it would look better crouched down unlike this picture.
>>
>>6470888
To be fair, Grotusque and Doublecross share a lot of the same parts, especially in the legs and such, so it's not surprising that the proportions are off a bit for one.

I do agree on Flypro being the best-looking of the lot.
>>
>>6470836
It's only facts. You may like the design/aesthetics/proportions but it won't change what they look like.
>>
>>6470963
>my opinions are facts, yours are not!
Go be a pleb in some other thread.
>>
>>6470888
>Repugnus' transformation is just way too simple and boring for what I'd be paying

Have you ever owned the original G1 figure? He's a lot like Grimlock, you're just not gonna get a surprise transformation out of the guy because there isn't much to it. It's pretty much his G1 transformation on an MP level: Flip up the body, flip up the head, fold the claws, pull the shin things up, boom, it's a robot.

>and I don't care for Doublecross' dragon proportions, like he just look squat and silly,

He just looks like that. He was never a long tailed dragon, he always had a stubby tail and a boxy scrunched body. The FH stuff is pretty faithful to the original toys honestly, while also updating their looks (and the whole EXTRA THICC thing they've got going on for robot modes that I love).
>>
>>6470996
You're not able to differentiate opinions and facts, (You) should leave kiddo.
>>
Any anons got Perfect Effect Jinrai yet?

I don't have Titans or Super Ginrai Prime but dang that figure looks double plus good. Should I get?
>>
File: Optimuses_or is it Optimi.jpg (90KB, 1070x707px) Image search: [Google]
Optimuses_or is it Optimi.jpg
90KB, 1070x707px
>>6471291
I'm personally waiting to see how these two looks in hand, especially the X2Toys on the right.
>>
>>6471403

One on the left looks boring, is the one on the right the Fans Hobby one?

I'm getting fans hobby whatever, since its MP scale, but that little chug Power Master Prime looks great, just want to know what its like in hand.
>>
>>6470888
The only thing I'll add in to what's been said is that there are two different coupons you could use if you decide to buy direct from FH themselves (which is already just a little cheaper on its own). ECBUY2 will save you $10 off. If you go in on all 3, FH15OFF saves 15% on a purchase of $250 or more. I wish I had that going into it myself, but I don't mind passing them along to others. Valid till 8/31, and cannot be combined with each other.
>>
>>6471509
Welp I'm retarded, X2 Toys is the one on left. I'm a sucker for articulation and I was looking for a good G1 looking Prime with good articulations. The FansHobby's one looks great but I'm really bummed about the front of the cab clearly visible in the back of robot mode (even if it is accurate to the anime apparently)
>>
>get invoice for Jinrai Prime
>forgot I pre-ordered Jinrai Prime and Magnus Prime together
>A3AU isn't gonna ship anything until they're both in

piss ass shit fuck I'm an heckin' retard
>>
>>6472067
>Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 3:50 pm on August 1, 2017.

At least when they ship they won't sit at the local hub for over a week.
>>
>>6470485
Can this Scramble City? Or are the arms and legs able to change sides?
>>
File: ScorponokRoll.jpg (759KB, 1700x1400px) Image search: [Google]
ScorponokRoll.jpg
759KB, 1700x1400px
So, what do you do to kill time between releases/waiting for preorders/waiting for packages, guys?
>>
>>6472291
I masturbate, what about you?
>>
File: DSCN3142.jpg (148KB, 935x641px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3142.jpg
148KB, 935x641px
>>6472291
I play with my most recent purchases or dig out some of my old favorites to mess with/take photos of.
Currently waiting on the SXS Hot Flame and the mmc Wing.
>>
>>6472291
I sit here and tremble uncontrollably.
>>
>>6471564
>but I'm really bummed about the front of the cab clearly visible in the back of robot mode (even if it is accurate to the anime apparently)
That's literally Ginrai's design. You either deal with it or don't ever buy a Ginrai, moron.
>>
>>6470963
Again, I don't like Feral Rex after owning it, but half of what you said is opinionated, so please stop speaking out of your ass.
>>6470996
This.
>>6471165
But definitely not this (but here's your (You) anyway, newfag).
>>
File: Terminus Giganticus box art.jpg (208KB, 1166x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Terminus Giganticus box art.jpg
208KB, 1166x1440px
>>
>>6472291
Play with Voyager Springer and his ROTF and Prime FE pals to stop myself from wasting money on 2017 mainline gimmick trash.
>>
>>6472499
Because you don't like the truth doesn't mean it's an opinion. Stop acting like a kid.
>>
File: Gigai Raiden.jpg (428KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Gigai Raiden.jpg
428KB, 2000x1125px
>>6472485
Yeah I know but I am just looking for a small well articulated Optimus G1 figure and Ginrai looks close enough except for the back of the robot mode, It's not a diss against Ginrai, it's not what I am looking for, personally.
>>
>>6472668
>subjective criticisms
>the truth
Are you literally retarded or just a filthy troll?
>>
>>6472684
Then buy the Hybrid Style one. Even the Robot Masters one works. If it doesn't have to transform, there's the Future Gokin one, the Revoltech one, and many others.

You could get the undersized MP-10 KO.

There are plenty of other options, anon. This is far from the only one.
>>
>>6472499

What didn't you like anon?

>>6471564

Not feeling it even less now I've seen this >>6472684
>>
>>6472861
I didn't like how difficult he is to move in combined mode without either the waist plate or wings coming off.
Also, the bulk made the articulation feel limited (it feels worse than it actually is, but still), and the sword handle felt like an art form to have him hold it without it drooping (I know you just turn it around but then depending on how/where you move the joints, it can end up flopping over again).

I also thought Leo Dux/Rampage was the weakest of the bunch and ultimately was just compromised to be a torso, and they just felt too big and cumbersome to actually enjoy, unless I was only playing with one at a time. When all I had was Bovis, I was in love with the set, but by the end, the pay-off didn't feel worth it to me.

Don't get me wrong, Feral Rex LOOKS awesome, but I tend to have more fun playing with Hercules.
>>
>>6472703
>Future Gokin

Oh shit this one looks pretty good, thanks anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 600x576px
Has anyone's Jinrai shipped out yet? I ordered from the chosen prime and the page still says preorder.
>>
>>6472927
You're welcome, anon. Shop around for it, too - it wasn't very popular so you might get it for a good price.
>>
Has anyone got that GT Legends sized Megs+Optimus set? How is it?
>>
>>6472697
It's not subjective at all.
>>
>>6470822
>design is terrible
>looks like zoids
pick one
>>
new >>6473575
new >>6473575
>>
>>6473465
A TF that looks like a Zoids is a terrible looking TF.
>>
>>6473717
are you actually this retarded or just looking for (you)'s
>>
>>6474565
A dog that looks like a frog is a terrible looking dog. It's the same with figures. If you lack the basic intelligence to understand that, then you're a retard.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.